PDA

View Full Version : Word is Bama is down a starting WR (Burton) and might be removed from team

BlackSailsDawg
10-19-2022, 10:33 AM
Seems he smacked a female fan in the head and shoved a second one.

I mean, Saban isn't one to be ok with that.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/19/alabamas-jermaine-burton-accused-of-hitting-rival-fans/

BulldogBear
10-19-2022, 10:36 AM
Entitled blueblood behavior?

The way you beat them is create doubting, followed by pouting. Then they quit.

ETA: autocorrect put Bluetooth instead of Blueblood.

Duckdog
10-19-2022, 10:40 AM
Thats it we are winning this game

Catfish
10-19-2022, 10:40 AM
Cheap shot! Guy should be kicked off the team.

Saltydog
10-19-2022, 11:06 AM
Insert next 4 or 5 star wideout and don't miss a beat..........

TrapGame
10-19-2022, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately, the rest of team still gets to play.

Johnson85
10-19-2022, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately, the rest of team still gets to play.

That's bullshit. They're all basically accomplices. Should at least get a one game suspension for that.

TrapGame
10-19-2022, 11:13 AM
That's bullshit. They're all basically accomplices. Should at least get a one game suspension for that.

Sounds good to me.

BlackSailsDawg
10-19-2022, 11:18 AM

LOL!!!

TUSK
10-19-2022, 12:22 PM
Referee: "After further review, there was no "targeting" on the play".*

SteelCurtain74
10-19-2022, 12:28 PM
"If anyone has any evidence of wrongdoing, please send it to our Compliance Dept at compliance@ia.ua.edu."

lastmajordog
10-19-2022, 03:11 PM
del

MSUDAWGFAN
10-19-2022, 03:32 PM

https://nypost.com/2022/10/19/alabamas-jermaine-burton-accused-of-hitting-rival-fans/

Courtney Upshaw wasn't suspended for a domestic violence charge. If Saban isn't ok with it, maybe he has changed since then. Ill wait to reserve judgment until I see if and where this guy goes in the draft and what punishment he may or may not receive.

Goldendawg
10-19-2022, 03:45 PM

On the phone with Lane, as we type.

Catfish
10-19-2022, 03:53 PM
On the phone with Lane, as we type.

LOL, I believe it.

Mjoelner34
10-19-2022, 05:53 PM

I agree with Johnson85
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfkGZRwXgAEwHEV.jpg

MSUDAWGFAN
10-19-2022, 05:55 PM
Just as I expected.

Saban's statement per the Tuscaloosa News: " We are aware of the situation with Jermaine Burton exiting the field Saturday" the statement read. "We are working to gather more information."

Can we PLEASE stop this BS about Saban being some disciplinarian? He has shown he will allow guns, drugs, and beating women if you can help him win. If you don't believe me, look up Tim Williams for drugs, Cam Robinson for guns and I've already mentioned Courtney Upshaw for DM, and now Jermiane Burton for hitting a female student.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 05:57 PM
Should be charged with assault and battery. Getting kicked off the team is a no brainer.

KOdawg1
10-19-2022, 06:01 PM
The 5 star behind him will just step up.

msu15
10-19-2022, 06:13 PM
We now only have a 133 2/3% chance of getting our ass whipped Saturday night.

ImissCityBagel
10-19-2022, 06:30 PM
We just have to shut down their back up NFL receiver.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 06:33 PM
We just have to shut down their back up NFL receiver.

Yep, other than QB it doesn’t matter what position Bama loses a player at. Will Anderson’s backup would probably have Will peeing his pants before the ball is snapped.

TUSK
10-19-2022, 07:14 PM
Should be charged with assault and battery. Getting kicked off the team is a no brainer.

Well, I?m hearing the alleged victim was behaving in a potentially aggressive manner, used a racial epitaph at the alleged perpetrator, and, get this?. She didn?t even use his preferred pronouns whilst assaulting him.

Oh, and ?in??.

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 07:26 PM

If he gets kicked off the team for that, then he's done something before. That's not a first offense kick off. He didn't punch her. And no I'm not condoning hitting a girl at all.

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 07:29 PM
Entitled blueblood behavior?

The way you beat them is create doubting, followed by pouting. Then they quit.

ETA: autocorrect put Bluetooth instead of Blueblood.

Yeah, you'd never see something like that at a non blue blood....smh.

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 07:29 PM

Well done!

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 07:31 PM

Trust me, just trust me you don't mean this.

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 07:32 PM

So Jeffrey Simmons should have never played a down of football after hs???

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 07:43 PM
So Jeffrey Simmons should have never played a down of football after hs???

What does that have to do with striking a Tennessee female student in the head for no reason ?

KOdawg1
10-19-2022, 07:45 PM
What does that have to do with striking a Tennessee female student in the head for no reason ?

Jeff put his hands on a female too. Don't see the difference other than Jeff was more violent in his video. We all were okay with Jeff being given a second chance. Turned out pretty good for him too.

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 07:48 PM

Maybe if you don't know you should just sit this one out. And again, he shouldn't have hit her. But it wasn't the most violent thing you'll ever see.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 07:51 PM
Jeff put his hands on a female too. Don't see the difference other than Jeff was more violent in his video. We all were okay with Jeff being given a second chance. Turned out pretty good for him too.

I’ve never defended anybody assaulting a female for no reason, I don’t see how you could. It’s criminal behavior.

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 07:54 PM
I’ve never defended anybody assaulting a female for no reason, I don’t see how you could. It’s criminal behavior.

Can you read??? I didn't defend him. Said it was wrong. And we have players on our team every single year that have done that or worse.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 07:55 PM
Can you read??? I didn't defend him. Said it was wrong. And we have players on our team every single year that have done that or worse.

No we don’t. What player on our team hit a female this year ?

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 08:00 PM
No we don’t. What player on our team hit a female this year ?

Just Nevermind....

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 08:01 PM
Just Nevermind....

I’ll never mind or you can quit making up crap. What player on our team assaulted a female this year ?

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 08:14 PM
I’ll never mind or you can quit making up crap. What player on our team assaulted a female this year ?

Again you can't read. I said that or worse..... should have said equal or worse. None the less...

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 08:16 PM
Again you can't read. I said that or worse..... should have said equal or worse. None the less...

Please expand on that, what player on our team this year or last year did something “equal or worse” ?

One of the team rules in place is if you hit a woman, you’re gone.

TUSK
10-19-2022, 08:17 PM
Jesus, I swear some people are willfully obtuse.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2022, 08:23 PM
If he gets kicked off the team for that, then he's done something before. That's not a first offense kick off. He didn't punch her. And no I'm not condoning hitting a girl at all.

He hit another person too supposedly.

Quaoarsking
10-19-2022, 08:25 PM
One of the team rules in place is if you hit a woman, you’re gone.

Yeah, according to Mike Leach's book, that's one of his 3 non-negotiable automatic rules he's enforced everywhere he's been. No second chances.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 08:26 PM
Yeah, according to Mike Leach's book, that's one of his 3 non-negotiable automatic rules he's enforced everywhere he's been. No second chances.

I’m not aware of any bad or criminal behavior by any of our players this year or last. We have a pretty good group of kids from everything I’ve seen.

RocketDawg
10-19-2022, 08:30 PM

I suspect Saban will have nothing of that behavior. He'll likely be removed from the team and should be prosecuted.

Regarding the $100K fine - I'm not sure what the University of Tennessee could do to keep fans from rushing the field. Seems like an impossible thing to do.

Catfish
10-19-2022, 08:36 PM
I suspect Saban will have nothing of that behavior. He'll likely be removed from the team and should be prosecuted.

Regarding the $100K fine - I'm not sure what the University of Tennessee could do to keep fans from rushing the field. Seems like an impossible thing to do.

Agreed, there's no way they're keeping 100,000 fans off the field.

TUSK
10-19-2022, 09:19 PM

Sure ya can... Just smack a few, and the rest will get the idea...

seriously, though... that's a really scary, unpredictable, vol I tile, situation...

Thank god it only comes around er decade, or so....

Tater
10-19-2022, 10:52 PM

Just put an endzone club right below the student section and make the jump high enough to hurt onto unsafe concrete and easily stopped by having a small area to storm.

Has stopped the students ever since the renovation.

msu15
10-20-2022, 02:39 AM
Sure ya can... Just smack a few, and the rest will get the idea...

seriously, though... that's a really scary, unpredictable, vol I tile, situation...

Thank god it only comes around er decade, or so....

You just begging to whoop yo ass ain't ya?

MSUDAWGFAN
10-20-2022, 04:02 AM

As I've pointed out, Saban won't do a damn thing. Saban isn't going to do anything to hurt his teams chances of winning. If this guy was some 4th stringer, Saban would already be out in his press conference and pound the podium saying "He's off the team because that's not who we are." I know that because he did that for some JUCO transfer that never played. I was hoping he had changed from when Courtney Upshaw had a domestic violence charge against him and never missed 1 second of playing time, but nah, Saban is a hypocrite. And no disciplinarian at that.

MSUDAWGFAN
10-20-2022, 04:30 AM
used a racial epitaph at the alleged perpetrator.

You might have heard this, but its a lie. How many times have we heard fake racism? The girl, and I fully acknowledge she shouldn't have been there, posed no physical threat and tried to get out of the way. Burton had to try to hit her, and he did. I also acknowledge he didn't hit her hard, but that doesn't make it ok either. No amount of lies or excuse making will make that ok. He will play. Of that there is no doubt. But the NCAA, the SEC, and any other governing body should step in, but they won't.

NYDawg
10-20-2022, 07:35 AM
If Bama somehow manages to win the game and storms the field this weekend, we have to be better than this.***

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2022, 09:01 AM
Will the female be expelled for going on the field after the game? She broke a rule too right?

bulldawg28
10-20-2022, 09:06 PM
He hit another person too supposedly.

He knocked his camera down and stopped him from recording him.

TUSK
10-20-2022, 09:10 PM
You might have heard this, but its a lie. How many times have we heard fake racism? The girl, and I fully acknowledge she shouldn't have been there, posed no physical threat and tried to get out of the way. Burton had to try to hit her, and he did. I also acknowledge he didn't hit her hard, but that doesn't make it ok either. No amount of lies or excuse making will make that ok. He will play. Of that there is no doubt. But the NCAA, the SEC, and any other governing body should step in, but they won't.

Wait, you saw this in person? Holy shit... gimme the scoop.

MSUDAWGFAN
10-21-2022, 08:22 AM
Wait, you saw this in person? Holy shit... gimme the scoop.

She was a college student that was happy her team won. She was rushing the field. She tried to duck out of the way and he was angry because she was in his way and had to reach out to hit her. Nobody else heard her say any racially charged wording. It was either made up by Burton, someone else made it up for him, or you made it up.

Did you hear about the Duke Volleyball player? Nobody heard racism there either. With as many people around and as fast as that interaction was, somebody would have heard it. Nobody, and I mean nobody in the media has reported anything about that. Surely someone would step up for Burton if this was the case.

Sounds like an Alabama fan defending his players no matter what. Just like the coach does. Everybody else is saying he needs to be kicked off the team. But Saban gonna Saban and allow women beaters to stay on his team if it helps him win just like he did with Courtney Upshaw.

TUSK
10-21-2022, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the information. Unlike you, I was not there, so all my information is 2nd hand.

Tater
10-21-2022, 08:47 AM
She was a college student that was happy her team won. She was rushing the field. She tried to duck out of the way and he was angry because she was in his way and had to reach out to hit her. Nobody else heard her say any racially charged wording. It was either made up by Burton, someone else made it up for him, or you made it up.

Did you hear about the Duke Volleyball player? Nobody heard racism there either. With as many people around and as fast as that interaction was, somebody would have heard it. Nobody, and I mean nobody in the media has reported anything about that. Surely someone would step up for Burton if this was the case.

Sounds like an Alabama fan defending his players no matter what. Just like the coach does. Everybody else is saying he needs to be kicked off the team. But Saban gonna Saban and allow women beaters to stay on his team if it helps him win just like he did with Courtney Upshaw.

Nobody "heard" racism is not a fair statement. Several people "heard" it. BYU just did an "internal investigation" and no one that they interviewed CONFIRMED what the volleyball player heard. To note, they did not interview Duke players, coaches, fans. To also note, the banned (and now un-banned) person is a big time donor to the school. To also also note, this is not the first time that the state of Utah has had fans using slurs at sporting events.

There's nuance here. All evidence is circumstantial. Legally speaking, BYU did the correct, law-abiding thing. This does not necessarily mean that the accuser "lied". It can also mean that there's not enough evidence to corroborate their story. This means a court of government should not convict; however, a court of public opinion and common sense can make educated guesses at determining what happened.

This allows you to point to two things to bolster "your side". One side can say Duke females (the lacrosse story) have a preponderance to lie about bs. It's flimsy, but it's all you've got. The other side can point to Utah's numerous racially charged fan heckling that has had confirmed bannings several times in basketball and how many players specifically call that state's fans out and draw that conclusion. It's better, but it's nowhere near enough to sway people who can look at direct evidence and still call it fake.

So what should you do? Understand there is nuance. Let the facts come out. There's likely to be several videos storming the field come out. But if there isn't, then trust in guys like Saban to make the right decision for making the kid into a better man than one who swings at people (even if it could be 'justified'). I may not like playing against Saban, but I know that everything I've ever seen about him is a great man and great coach. If there's no decisive video/audio evidence either way then I trust him to make the right judgment.

MSUDAWGFAN
10-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Nobody "heard" racism is not a fair statement. Several people "heard" it. BYU just did an "internal investigation" and no one that they interviewed CONFIRMED what the volleyball player heard. To note, they did not interview Duke players, coaches, fans. To also note, the banned (and now un-banned) person is a big time donor to the school. To also also note, this is not the first time that the state of Utah has had fans using slurs at sporting events.

There's nuance here. All evidence is circumstantial. Legally speaking, BYU did the correct, law-abiding thing. This does not necessarily mean that the accuser "lied". It can also mean that there's not enough evidence to corroborate their story. This means a court of government should not convict; however, a court of public opinion and common sense can make educated guesses at determining what happened.

This allows you to point to two things to bolster "your side". One side can say Duke females (the lacrosse story) have a preponderance to lie about bs. It's flimsy, but it's all you've got. The other side can point to Utah's numerous racially charged fan heckling that has had confirmed bannings several times in basketball and how many players specifically call that state's fans out and draw that conclusion. It's better, but it's nowhere near enough to sway people who can look at direct evidence and still call it fake.

So what should you do? Understand there is nuance. Let the facts come out. There's likely to be several videos storming the field come out. But if there isn't, then trust in guys like Saban to make the right decision for making the kid into a better man than one who swings at people (even if it could be 'justified'). I may not like playing against Saban, but I know that everything I've ever seen about him is a great man and great coach. If there's no decisive video/audio evidence either way then I trust him to make the right judgment.

The banned and now unbanned person was a special needs. He has autism. He isn't some big time donor to the school. He did acknowledge going up to Rachel Richardson because he thought he was a friend of his who played on BYU because they have the same color uniforms. Your info is incorrect.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2022/09/09/another-racial-hoax-foiled-n1628112

Also, of note, there was a police officer standing directly in front of the student section. He didn't hear the taunts that supposedly Richardson did when he was standing closer to the student section than she was.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2022/08/31/is-the-story-about-a-duke-volleyball-player-being-a-target-of-racist-taunts-at-byu-true-n1625648

Also also of note, the accuser's godmother is Lesa Pamplin, who has made several racist tweets. She and Richardson's father are the only 2 people who publicly back her, though it should be noted, neither was at the game. Also also also, Pamplin has been involved in fake accusations before.
https://pjmedia.com/culture/robert-spencer/2022/09/07/woman-who-broke-story-of-racism-against-duke-volleyball-player-was-involved-in-fake-race-accusation-before-n1627452

Here is a report from the student newspaper:

https://www.byucougarchronicle.org/post/exclusive-racist-comments-at-byu-volleyball-game-never-happened-sources-suggest

But really, that was just one of many false accusations. Here is another.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/03/10/aclu-under-fire-for-helping-to-destroy-lives-of-smith-college-workers-falsely-accused-of-racism-n1431676

Here is a youtube video on one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xhscv2-gCQ

There are many other false accusations out there. You mentioned the Duke Lacrosse team. False accusations aren't limited to Duke women. As a matter of fact, the Duke Lacrosse team accuser wasn't a Duke student.

Now, as far as Saban being a great coach? Sure. He will do anything to win. That includes as I've said in this very thread allowing guns, drugs, and hitting women to stay on his team if you can help him win.

For drugs, it was Tim Williams. In Tim Williams own words he failed "a few" drug tests while at Alabama and was never suspended for it.
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/possible-first-rounder-tim-williams-admits-to-multiple-failed-drug-tests-at-alabama-222748442.html

For illegal guns, it was Cam Robinson. He was arreseted for felony stolen gun possession in Louisiana. I know the DA dropped the charge because "I refuse to ruin some young man's future who spent his childhood outside when others spent theirs indoors in air conditining." But remember, Saban is a great man who has discipline within his program.

https://www.nola.com/sports/article_bd2d8a83-f2b1-57cf-9ce8-a0c2248c3099.html

For domestic violence, as I've already mentioned, it was Courtney Upshaw. I know the charge was dropped but Upshaw grabbed his then girlfriend by the back of the neck and pushed her towards the ground.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/bmwegw/courtney-upshaw-linebacker-accused-of-domestic-violence

None of these guys were even suspended for 1 second. Saban allows drugs, guns and hitting women. A great man? You can think that if you want. I think my dad was a great man. He taught me I would never put my hands on a woman. And he wouldn't have tolerated that. Or illegal guns or drugs.

Tater
10-21-2022, 10:51 AM
If you're gonna cite "pjmedia" to try to prove your "side"... Sheesh. I could go grab an equally ridiculous "proof" article from a left-wing nut job outlet and then we'd both be sitting here with our dicks in our hands "proving" nothing. Go outside instead of diving down rabbit holes looking for the "proof" you want.

And hey that's interesting you bring up Cam Robinson. He wasn't convicted of anything and authority decided not to punish him. Man don't that sound familiar. Also that's interesting you bring up Courtney Upshaw. So now we believe 100% when someone accuses even though there was conviction? Why aren't you yelling for BYU to leave the ban in place???

Let me know if I need to spell out how hypocritical you're being for tearing Saban down for being the same thing as the BYU admin you praised. I'll hang up and lissen

MSUDAWGFAN
10-21-2022, 11:20 AM
If you're gonna cite "pjmedia" to try to prove your "side"... Sheesh. I could go grab an equally ridiculous "proof" article from a left-wing nut job outlet and then we'd both be sitting here with our dicks in our hands "proving" nothing. Go outside instead of diving down rabbit holes looking for the "proof" you want.

And hey that's interesting you bring up Cam Robinson. He wasn't convicted of anything and authority decided not to punish him. Man don't that sound familiar. Also that's interesting you bring up Courtney Upshaw. So now we believe 100% when someone accuses even though there was conviction? Why aren't you yelling for BYU to leave the ban in place???

Let me know if I need to spell out how hypocritical you're being for tearing Saban down for being the same thing as the BYU admin you praised. I'll hang up and lissen

Authority decided not to punish Cam Robinson because "I refuse to ruin some young man's future who spent his childhood outside when others spent theirs indoors in air conditioning does NOT mean "I don't have enough evidence to charge him." He did.

I also cited several other websites, including the BYU student newspaper report. You know, the people who actually looked into it rather than other supposed "real journalists" like ABC, NBC, etc. who just took Richardson's word for it because it fits their agenda. It's what happened with Nicholas Sandmann too. And they lost the case in court against him.

So what part did I get wrong? Was the accused a big time donor and not a special needs student at Utah State?

BYU initially rushed to judgement and banned a special needs kid. Once an investigation was done it was found otherwise, they unbanned him. There was no other evidence that Courtney Upshaw didn't grab the woman's neck, Tim Williams didn't really fail drug tests, Cam Robinson really didn't have possession of illegal stolen guns, or that Burton didn't really hit the Tennessee female student. In fact, there is video evidence of the last one. And on Upshaw, it isn't an accusation when he admits to cops he did it. You probably didn't read the link I put up. Here it is louder for the people in the back.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bmwegw/courtney-upshaw-linebacker-accused-of-domestic-violence

Upshaw told the police that the altercation began when Grzyb "slapped him?in reference to her having seen him talking to another woman." In the police report, Upshaw admitted to grabbing and pushing Grzyb. Grzyb said that she slapped Upshaw and walked away, and Upshaw began to chase her.

If anything comes out on the UT female student making any racist remark, first of all, I'd be shocked, but would fully support her being punished by the University up to expulsion. Like I have said earlier, she shouldn't have even been on the field.

Tater
10-21-2022, 11:31 AM
All of your links on the byu incident are either pjmedia or BYU: "We investigated ourselves and found no evidence we did wrong." But hey, you said ABC/NBC aren't real news because it doesn't fit their agenda. Does it fit a Faith based school to have the perception they are racist?

But hey, you clearly were there and inside the decisions being made to not ruin Upshaw's life over his girlfriend slapping him and then him shoving her. Rooting for that is the definition of cancel culture. Saban molded him into a better man. But hey, you don't believe in second chances so maybe step off of pasting "Faith" based media outlets. You clearly don't have any or just decided to pick and choose what you wanted to follow.

BlackSailsDawg
10-21-2022, 12:10 PM

Back in the day... Wait... Back in my dad's day, Bama fans started to storm the field and the police started swinging their clubs. Cleared it pretty fast.

Johnson85
10-21-2022, 01:52 PM
Nobody "heard" racism is not a fair statement. Several people "heard" it. BYU just did an "internal investigation" and no one that they interviewed CONFIRMED what the volleyball player heard. To note, they did not interview Duke players, coaches, fans. To also note, the banned (and now un-banned) person is a big time donor to the school. To also also note, this is not the first time that the state of Utah has had fans using slurs at sporting events. Where are you getting any of this? Last I saw BYU was claiming to have reached out to Duke and BYU players and dozens of eye witnesses and everybody interviewed said they didn't hear anything racial. Did Duke deny that they spoke to their players? I know mormons have a history with racism, but is it really plausible you could sit in a stand surrounded by people and nobody react? I haven't been to BYU, but I've been to some pretty bassackwards places, including stands/bleachers of former citizen council schools and have never been in a place where you could yell out racial slurs without at least some of the people reacting to it.

https://byucougars.com/story/athletics/1300724/statement-byu-athletics-regarding-investigation-aug-26-volleyball-match

Also, other sources reported that the banned fan was on the spectrum or something, not that he was a big time donor. Never seen anything to dispute that the fan was a big time donor, but just throwing that out there also.

Homedawg
10-21-2022, 11:09 PM
Where are you getting any of this? Last I saw BYU was claiming to have reached out to Duke and BYU players and dozens of eye witnesses and everybody interviewed said they didn't hear anything racial. Did Duke deny that they spoke to their players? I know mormons have a history with racism, but is it really plausible you could sit in a stand surrounded by people and nobody react? I haven't been to BYU, but I've been to some pretty bassackwards places, including stands/bleachers of former citizen council schools and have never been in a place where you could yell out racial slurs without at least some of the people reacting to it.

https://byucougars.com/story/athletics/1300724/statement-byu-athletics-regarding-investigation-aug-26-volleyball-match

Also, other sources reported that the banned fan was on the spectrum or something, not that he was a big time donor. Never seen anything to dispute that the fan was a big time donor, but just throwing that out there also.

Tater gonna tater

Bdawg
10-22-2022, 11:40 AM

Are you saying it would be justified to hit her if she made a racial comment? Just making sure that’s what you are saying.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2022, 04:33 PM
Burton is warming up and stretching

MSUDAWGFAN
10-22-2022, 05:18 PM
Where are you getting any of this? Last I saw BYU was claiming to have reached out to Duke and BYU players and dozens of eye witnesses and everybody interviewed said they didn't hear anything racial. Did Duke deny that they spoke to their players? I know mormons have a history with racism, but is it really plausible you could sit in a stand surrounded by people and nobody react? I haven't been to BYU, but I've been to some pretty bassackwards places, including stands/bleachers of former citizen council schools and have never been in a place where you could yell out racial slurs without at least some of the people reacting to it.

I already told him the falsely accused was a special needs student and has autism, but he wouldn't acknowledge that maybe he is wrong.

MSUDAWGFAN
10-22-2022, 05:20 PM
Of course he is. Saban isn't going to suspend a good player if it helps him win, even if it involves drugs, guns, and hitting women. Never let it be said again that Saban is a disciplinarian. What a freaking joke

TUSK
10-22-2022, 05:47 PM
Of course he is. Saban isn't going to suspend a good player if it helps him win, even if it involves drugs, guns, and hitting women. Never let it be said again that Saban is a disciplinarian. What a freaking joke

No.

ScoobaDawg
10-23-2022, 01:08 AM
No.

Seems to me he played... So what do you have to say about that?
Oh right. Saban said they "internally disciplined" him....

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 01:23 AM
Just read an article on MSN.com regarding the incident. Burton, along with Nick himself were both "scared" when TN fans mobbed the field. Nick talked to him and he has been in a counseling program to learn how to treat people better. Can't make some of these things up. SMH.

Todd4State
10-23-2022, 01:36 AM
Just read an article on MSN.com regarding the incident. Burton, along with Nick himself were both "scared" when TN fans mobbed the field. Nick talked to him and he has been in a counseling program to learn how to treat people better. Can't make some of these things up. SMH.

What a crock.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 03:05 PM

Gimme a break. I used to really respect Saban. He's become so whiny. His little
rant after the loss last weekend was something akin to JoMo and his bs. Screw Saban and bama

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 03:06 PM
Seems to me he played... So what do you have to say about that?
Oh right. Saban said they "internally disciplined" him....

He probably has to do 20 push-ups lol

RocketDawg
10-23-2022, 03:13 PM
Gimme a break. I used to really respect Saban. He's become so whiny. His little
rant after the loss last weekend was something akin to JoMo and his bs. Screw Saban and bama

Agree. Here's a similar article on FoxNews. All the comments are negative toward Saban, as they should be. I doubt the guy being in the game made much if any difference, but he shoudn't be in the game. Probably should be legally charged. Saban has handled other things "internally", which apparently means doing nothing. If one of our players slugged a fan of our team or the opposing team, I'd hope he would no longer be playing for us, regardless of how good he is.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alabamas-nick-saban-didnt-think-necessary-suspend-receiver-struck-tennessee-fan

RocketDawg
10-23-2022, 03:16 PM
It'll be interesting to see tomorrow how my golf buddies think, all of whom are sidewalk Bama fans. Will see if they even bring the subject up, gloat over the win, or what.

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 03:34 PM
He probably has to do 20 push-ups lol

I know that they are "student athletes", but that punishment would have also required tutors to ensure this punishment count was correct. Much bigger number than a snap count!*** Hail State!

Goldendawg
10-23-2022, 03:41 PM
It'll be interesting to see tomorrow how my golf buddies think, all of whom are sidewalk Bama fans. Will see if they even bring the subject up, gloat over the win, or what.

Beware, they may be quite defensive. This morning at church I said to a real bama fan, "well, you would have won anyway but amazing how a team leading the nation in penalties gets one 5 yard penalty in the first three quarters and it becomes 2 hand touch on Young. Saben got the word across. He replied that you could call a penalty on every play if you wanted to. I thought, but didn't reply that didn't seem to happen to bama, as the first song was starting and I didn't want to get a "delay of game penalty" for not hitting the pew on time!** He also said, "Heck, we still have to play LSU". Guess they didn't beat us by enough.

MSUDAWGFAN
10-23-2022, 04:12 PM
No.

What did I say that was incorrect? I looked at the box score and Burton played. Saban plays people who hit women. What did I get wrong?

Commercecomet24
10-23-2022, 04:21 PM
I know that they are "student athletes", but that punishment would have also required tutors to ensure this punishment count was correct. Much bigger number than a snap count!*** Hail State!

Excellent! Can't rep you anymore!

TUSK
10-23-2022, 07:34 PM
What did I say that was incorrect? I looked at the box score and Burton played. Saban plays people who hit women. What did I get wrong?

You said, "Saban isn't going to suspend a good player if it helps him win..." that's inaccurate.

I wanna go on the record as sayin' I don't condone smackin' chicks lest they be a potential threat. Was it confirmed that he "punched" the girl?

MSUDAWGFAN
10-24-2022, 07:29 AM
You said, "Saban isn't going to suspend a good player if it helps him win..." that's inaccurate.

I wanna go on the record as sayin' I don't condone smackin' chicks lest they be a potential threat. Was it confirmed that he "punched" the girl?

As I've showed with proof in this very thread, he tolerates drugs, illegal guns, and hitting women (now x2). What did he do to a good player, who was it, when, and lastly, where did he end up going in the draft? I'm genuinely curious as I've never seen this. Maybe, just maybe, it'll actually give me an inkling of respect for Saban, which now I have none. Can't tolerate a coach who lets his players hit women.

I saw the video. It was fairly low resolution, so you can't tell if he punched her with a closed fist or open hand. What you can tell is she tried to duck out of the way, he reached for her, hit her in the back of the head and she grabbed her head with both hands and turned around. It had to have been hard enough to make her grab her head and turn around to see who it was.

Are you going to make judgements based on how hard the hit was? Based on your smarty remarks earlier in the thread by saying I was there I'm now going to make one. Can you feel how hard this girl got hurt? Do you share the same nerve endings? Obviously not.

Also, please show me any reputable news source that is claiming that she said something racist. It just isn't plausible that with that many people around that noone would come forward and defend him for that. I know if I was at an MSU game and someone said that and I heard it I would. Would you not do that at an Alabama game?

Johnson85
10-24-2022, 08:36 AM
Agree. Here's a similar article on FoxNews. All the comments are negative toward Saban, as they should be. I doubt the guy being in the game made much if any difference, but he shoudn't be in the game. Probably should be legally charged. Saban has handled other things "internally", which apparently means doing nothing. If one of our players slugged a fan of our team or the opposing team, I'd hope he would no longer be playing for us, regardless of how good he is.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alabamas-nick-saban-didnt-think-necessary-suspend-receiver-struck-tennessee-fan

I don't think I'd be arguing for our player to be kicked off the team. She shouldn't have been near him and it is a volatile situation. But it is some sorry ass shit by Saban that he didn't even sit a single game though. I actually thought Saban was better than that. I understand SEC football isn't full of choir boys, but I would hope that hitting a woman that hasn't hit you, even if it wasn't with a closed fist and even if it wasn't that hard (I have no clue about either but has seen both used in defense), would get you a one game suspension.

TUSK
10-24-2022, 10:04 AM
I don't think I'd be arguing for our player to be kicked off the team. She shouldn't have been near him and it is a volatile situation. But it is some sorry ass shit by Saban that he didn't even sit a single game though. I actually thought Saban was better than that. I understand SEC football isn't full of choir boys, but I would hope that hitting a woman that hasn't hit you, even if it wasn't with a closed fist and even if it wasn't that hard (I have no clue about either but has seen both used in defense), would get you a one game suspension.

I'm down with this.^

TUSK
10-24-2022, 10:26 AM
When did he do to a good player, who was it, when, and lastly, where did he end up going in the draft? I'm genuinely curious as I've never seen this. Maybe, just maybe, it'll actually give me an inkling of respect for Saban, which now I have none.

I don't think we're as far apart on this issue as you may believe. I liken the "Nick Saban never suspends anyone" mantra to the "Alabama always gets all the calls" deal.

No one notices when Bammer gets the short end of the stick or when Saban disciplines a player, but when the inverse is true, it jumps out at them... Peace!

Here are a few examples of "good" players Saban either suspended or booted:

Deonte Brown – Drafted low, I think.
Jaheel Billingsly – starter, at Texas, headcase, runt oft
Tony Brown – Starter – UFA NFL
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – NFL All Pro – 1st round.
Kenyan Drake – started in the NFL – 3rd round.
LaMichael Fanning - transferred, dunno where he is....
DJ Hall – starter, record holder at WR, jack off head case, blackballed
Agiye Hall – starter, at Texas, jack off head case, runt oft
Najee Harris – NFL All Pro – 1st round.
Tyren Jones – woulda been #2 RB in ‘15
Terrel Lewis – 3rd round.
Jaran Reed – NFL starter – 2nd round.
Q Robinson - #2 DL - dunno where he is...
Brian Robinson – NFL starter – 3rd round.
Devonta Smith – Heisman Trophy winner – 1st round.
Alphonse Taylor - Starter - dunno where he is....
Daniel Wright - flunkie - dunno where he is...

MSUDAWGFAN
10-24-2022, 10:50 AM
Ok, I didn't know any of this. To follow up, I know he suspended Tim Williams because he had an arrest and that was public, but for failing drug tests, he never got suspended for any of that. In that regard, do you know what each of these people did to get suspended? I think that may play into it.

MSUDAWGFAN
10-24-2022, 10:52 AM
Also, I Billingsly may be the player I heard Saban say he should have stayed to try to compete. I remember thinking he should have told the WR he got from Ohio State he should have stayed there to compete. It was a player who played RB to transferred to UT. If that's the case, Billingsley was not run off.

Johnson85
10-24-2022, 11:49 AM
I don't think we're as far apart on this issue as you may believe. I liken the "Nick Saban never suspends anyone" mantra to the "Alabama always gets all the calls" deal.

No one notices when Bammer gets the short end of the stick or when Saban disciplines a player, but when the inverse is true, it jumps out at them... Peace!

Here are a few examples of "good" players Saban either suspended or booted:

I suspect, but don't know, that if you are doing the things in the weight room and at practice to get better, Saban is going to be willing to give a lot of latitude. That's just based on Saban's personality I think that is what he is going to view as evidence of high character worthy of "internal discipline" and second/third/whatever chances. And I don't think that's just self interest. I think he's actually wired to view that as the primary quality in question.

TUSK
10-24-2022, 12:12 PM
Also, I Billingsly may be the player I heard Saban say he should have stayed to try to compete. I remember thinking he should have told the WR he got from Ohio State he should have stayed there to compete. It was a player who played RB to transferred to UT. If that's the case, Billingsley was not run off.

You're talking about Alvin Kamara... he was definitely runt oft...

Errbody wanted Billingsley to stay, he could have been a great addition, however, he was either unwilling or unable to do the things (on and off the field) required, so, he transferred...

"unwilling or unable to do the things (on and off the field) required" = "runt oft", to me.

MSUDAWGFAN
10-24-2022, 01:49 PM
You're talking about Alvin Kamara... he was definitely runt oft...

Errbody wanted Billingsley to stay, he could have been a great addition, however, he was either unwilling or unable to do the things (on and off the field) required, so, he transferred...

"unwilling or unable to do the things (on and off the field) required" = "runt oft", to me.

As a side note here - I've looked at not just the responses to me, but your responses to others and you have changed my opinion of you (for the better.) I haven't spent too much time here and not had many direct conversations with you, but you seem to be like the pink unicorn in the room (i.e. a reasonable Alabama fan). Most Alabama fans think Saban can do no wrong and every player that's ever played for them is a choir boy who is on the math team and volunteers at the Children's Hospital in their spare time. I haven't had the chance to talk directly to you much, but maybe you seem to be a little different.

That being said - "being unable or unwilling to do the things (on and off the field) required" sounds like they ran him off when in fact they wanted him to stay. If the coaches wanted him to stay, he wasn't run off. That would not count as a player Saban suspended of kicked off for doing something against the rules or common decency.

Also, I worked in Tallahassee almost 2 decades ago and actually worked with DJ Hall's cousin. I think DJ was before Saban's time, but he might have been a senior or something when Saban first got there. His cousin played at FAMU.

State82
10-24-2022, 02:21 PM
. I haven't had the chance to talk directly to you much, but maybe you seem to be a little different.

Tusk is good folk.

Goldendawg
10-24-2022, 03:26 PM
As I've showed with proof in this very thread, he tolerates drugs, illegal guns, and hitting women (now x2). What did he do to a good player, who was it, when, and lastly, where did he end up going in the draft? I'm genuinely curious as I've never seen this. Maybe, just maybe, it'll actually give me an inkling of respect for Saban, which now I have none. Can't tolerate a coach who lets his players hit women.

I saw the video. It was fairly low resolution, so you can't tell if he punched her with a closed fist or open hand. What you can tell is she tried to duck out of the way, he reached for her, hit her in the back of the head and she grabbed her head with both hands and turned around. It had to have been hard enough to make her grab her head and turn around to see who it was.

Are you going to make judgements based on how hard the hit was? Based on your smarty remarks earlier in the thread by saying I was there I'm now going to make one. Can you feel how hard this girl got hurt? Do you share the same nerve endings? Obviously not.

Also, please show me any reputable news source that is claiming that she said something racist. It just isn't plausible that with that many people around that noone would come forward and defend him for that. I know if I was at an MSU game and someone said that and I heard it I would. Would you not do that at an Alabama game?

Both he and Saben were "scared" of her as she and 200,000 orange clad, Antifa/TN branch, fans rushed the field.****

Commercecomet24
10-24-2022, 03:47 PM
Tusk is good folk.

This. Tusk is a good dude and not your typical bama fan. I've had the opportunity to talk with him several times and he's a straight shooter.

Oh and he don't like om either, lol!

TUSK
10-24-2022, 07:19 PM
As a side note here - I've looked at not just the responses to me, but your responses to others and you have changed my opinion of you (for the better.) I haven't spent too much time here and not had many direct conversations with you, but you seem to be like the pink unicorn in the room (i.e. a reasonable Alabama fan). Most Alabama fans think Saban can do no wrong and every player that's ever played for them is a choir boy who is on the math team and volunteers at the Children's Hospital in their spare time. I haven't had the chance to talk directly to you much, but maybe you seem to be a little different.

That being said - "being unable or unwilling to do the things (on and off the field) required" sounds like they ran him off when in fact they wanted him to stay. If the coaches wanted him to stay, he wasn't run off. That would not count as a player Saban suspended of kicked off for doing something against the rules or common decency.

Also, I worked in Tallahassee almost 2 decades ago and actually worked with DJ Hall's cousin. I think DJ was before Saban's time, but he might have been a senior or something when Saban first got there. His cousin played at FAMU.

I "loath" most Bammer Fans.

DJ was there when Saban arrived and was a HUGE cancer to the team... word is Saban blackballed him with the NFL.

Lastly, we'll hafta agree to disagree, re: Billingsley... he was definitely "wanted", however, he just had "too much DJ" in him to be on the team....