PDA

View Full Version : The Hump

biscuit
10-18-2022, 01:55 PM
I heard on another site that we aren't playing home games this year. What's up with that?

basedog
10-18-2022, 02:00 PM
I can say from a source who has done contract work before at Msu, it's a total mess at the Hump. Didn't ask a lot of questions but it sure doesn't sound good on what has happened.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 02:05 PM
I can say from a source who has done contract work before at Msu, it's a total mess at the Hump. Didn't ask a lot of questions but it sure doesn't sound good on what has happened.

Ridiculous. No way should we be in this predicament. We have 2 new, young excited coaches and we need to give them a home. I sure hope they get it squared away soon but there aint much time left.

msstate7
10-18-2022, 02:12 PM
Was it unforeseen issues or was the GC directly responsible?

TNDawg35
10-18-2022, 02:14 PM
Word is one of the contractors workers “hit” something he wasn’t suppose to and it damn made it crumble. It’s being held up by a brace pretty much. There won’t be home games this year. Cohen is actually in the middle of deciding to go ahead with the remodel or bulldoze it. It actually may be cheaper to start over right now.

Now we can cue the this is Cohens fault and fire Cohen crowd…

HancockCountyDog
10-18-2022, 02:16 PM
This seems unbelievable.

I'm not sure how much insurance this general contractor has, but it better be a lot.

gtowndawg
10-18-2022, 02:18 PM
Word is one of the contractors workers “hit” something he wasn’t suppose to and it damn made it crumble. It’s being held up by a brace pretty much. There won’t be home games this year. Cohen is actually in the middle of deciding to go ahead with the remodel or bulldoze it. It actually may be cheaper to start over right now.

Now we can cue the this is Cohens fault and fire Cohen crowd…

Holy cow. If we bulldoze would it even be ready next season?? What a great way to welcome new coaches. We are M-State.

HancockCountyDog
10-18-2022, 02:23 PM
Holy cow. If we bulldoze would it even be ready next season?? What a great way to welcome new coaches. We are M-State.

I don't see you could build a new arena in 13 months. I don't see any way that is possible.

I guess we might as well see if we can set up seating in the Sanderson center.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 02:28 PM
I don't see you could build a new arena in 13 months. I don't see any way that is possible.

Yeah no way it could be completed that quick. This is going to be interesting. I imagine some folks with that contractor will be losing their jobs.

gtowndawg
10-18-2022, 02:40 PM
Apparently Rhett Hobart responded to someone on Twitter and said this is not true at all. There sure seems to be alot of smoke about it though. So who knows?

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 02:42 PM
Apparently Rhett Hobart responded to someone on Twitter and said this is not true at all. There sure seems to be alot of smoke about it though. So who knows?

I hope it's not true.

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2022, 02:53 PM

Live look at Rhett's office....

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/004/130/bagdad-bob.jpg

MaroonFlounder
10-18-2022, 02:56 PM
Fire Cohen

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 02:56 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again.

basedog
10-18-2022, 02:58 PM

U win Bruns. But what I know it's really bad.

LC Dawg
10-18-2022, 03:13 PM
I was told it was the floor and we were borrowing a floor from Tupelo arena. Not sure if that's true or not.
It's hard to believe the Hump is unplayable this close to the season and they haven't told anyone. They've already issued parking passes.
Sounds like a pretty good cluster****.

Ezsoil
10-18-2022, 05:47 PM
I was told it was the floor and we were borrowing a floor from Tupelo arena. Not sure if that's true or not.
It's hard to believe the Hump is unplayable this close to the season and they haven't told anyone. They've already issued parking passes.

They just posted on Facebook that they will see you in the Hump in 20 days

Ezsoil
10-18-2022, 05:57 PM

Mississippi State Athletics just posted on Facebook that they will see you in the Hump in 20 days ..and tickets can still be purchased online....either they are trying to get as much revenue collected as possible before they pull the rug out or it's really only an issue with the floor.

Catfish
10-18-2022, 06:02 PM
Mississippi State Athletics just posted on Facebook that they will see you in the Hump in 20 days ..and tickets can still be purchased online....either they are trying to get as much revenue collected as possible before they pull the rug out or it's really only an issue with the floor.

We've got posters on this board that know every intricate detail of our football program but don't anything about the happenings with our basketball program and 'The Hump?'

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2022, 06:36 PM
We've got posters on this board that know every intricate detail of our football program but don't anything about the happenings with our basketball program and 'The Hump?'

Reminds me of leaving Scott Field after Steve Tanneyhill (SCar) threw for 1,000 yards, heading to the hump for midnight madness. This was 1995 coming off the 94-95 sweet 16. The stars coming back plus Dontae Jones. A State fan ask me, "Why are people going to the Hump?"

LC Dawg
10-18-2022, 06:36 PM

I was told the story about the floor by an employee of the athletic department which is why I believed it. I didn't think much about it until all these rumors started getting posted. He didn't say to keep it quiet which seems kind of odd now that it seems like the AD doesn't want anything known.
If the GC damaged something I guess there may be lawsuits involved and that's the reason for the AD's silence.
Hell, maybe nothing happened. Message boards are built on unfounded rumors and debates on backup quarterbacks being better than starting quarterbacks.

TUSK
10-18-2022, 06:45 PM
One of my East Lowndes County customers told me y'all was gonna bulldoze it, increase the capacity to 49,500, and use it as a dual purpose football/b-ball facility..... *

Catfish
10-18-2022, 06:47 PM
I was told the story about the floor by an employee of the athletic department which is why I believed it. I didn't think much about it until all these rumors started getting posted. He didn't say to keep it quiet which seems kind of odd now that it seems like the AD doesn't want anything known.
If the GC damaged something I guess there may be lawsuits involved and that's the reason for the AD's silence.
Hell, maybe nothing happened. Message boards are built on unfounded rumors and debates on backup quarterbacks being better than starting quarterbacks.

Mama Do The Hump...LOL

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2022, 07:03 PM
One of my East Lowndes County customers told me y'all was gonna bulldoze it, increase the capacity to 49,500, and use it as a dual purpose football/b-ball facility..... *

What would an Alabama fan know about The Hump?**

RocketDawg
10-18-2022, 07:17 PM

A meth customer? :)

No, it'll be 102,000 to be just a bit larger than Bryant-Denny. And it'll have a retractable dome ....

Also heard that OM is expanding theirs to 102,500.

TUSK
10-18-2022, 07:18 PM
What would an Alabama fan know about The Hump?**

I teed that one up for ya.... rep

Goldendawg
10-18-2022, 07:36 PM
I teed that one up for ya.... rep

Do you guys even know y'all have a basketball team? Maybe we could use your gym the nights you don't play or have doubleheader night.*** BTW, has the suicide watch been lifted in most of AL? It's still in effect for your sidewalk fans in NE MS. $ General and Walmart have had a run on TN gear & car decals. They have put the decals lightly over the bama ones on their cars until they see how this plays out!*****

EdwardDrayton
10-18-2022, 09:44 PM

I would not guarantee a 13 month residential build schedule in this environment. Even less so a commercial or industrial schedule.

EdwardDrayton
10-18-2022, 10:04 PM

And no one has a longer job title acronym than ESAADEA. So he MUST know what?s going on. :)

BrunswickDawg
10-19-2022, 06:41 AM
I would not guarantee a 13 month residential build schedule in this environment. Even less so a commercial or industrial schedule.

You couldn't get a new arena designed in 13 months - let alone designed, bid, contracted, and built.

Hot Rock
10-19-2022, 08:26 AM
Wow, so when this turns out to be an issue handled and fixed soon enough for regularly scheduled opening night, will people say give Cohen a raise?

BulldogBear
10-19-2022, 10:47 AM
If true, why wouldn't we play a few games in Jackson, a few in Tupelo, a couple in Memphi, a couple on Coast, and maybe a low attendance nonconference game or two at Starkville High School?

smootness
10-19-2022, 11:17 AM

Hardly ever does anyone on here know anything about anything.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2022, 11:21 AM

This is correct.

Catfish
10-19-2022, 11:33 AM

Give the man a REP!!!

Cloak
10-19-2022, 03:27 PM
We will play in the Hump. Construction will continue during the season, but will not impact overall fan attendance or games.

ETA - There was structual damage early on in the process, but it was fixed a while ago.

State82
10-19-2022, 04:57 PM
Possibly the most accurate post in the history of EliteDawgs.

State82
10-19-2022, 09:30 PM

Smootness, I am going to need to quote this routinely in the future around this place. Almost daily. So I promise to give you credit and let this serve as a sort of bibliography if you will.

Joebob
10-19-2022, 10:21 PM
Well, there's always McCarthy gym :cool:

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 09:43 AM

Accept when it comes to coaching, then we know everything*******

Jack Lambert
10-20-2022, 10:35 AM
Maybe they will play a few more games in Jackson or even play a few on the coast.

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2022, 04:41 PM
Looks fine to me...

https://twitter.com/hailstatewbk/status/1583573229825937437?s=46&t=pSYtCSKaoUYTIPaSs1vTmw

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-21-2022, 06:40 PM
Looks fine to me...

https://twitter.com/hailstatewbk/status/1583573229825937437?s=46&t=pSYtCSKaoUYTIPaSs1vTmw

Not bad for a stadium on the brink of complete structural failure.