PDA

View Full Version : Read that Crumedy could play this weekend

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 09:06 AM
But they are considering holding him out through the bye week. If they do, I'm sure he goes for a medical redshirt. He's RS that so far has only played 3 seasons. The 4th season would have been this year?

What are the odds on him getting one?

Maverick91
10-18-2022, 09:51 AM
I mean if the below is right, he should 💯 get a medical redshirt.

According to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Scott Young, ?the NCAA has two requirements for a medical redshirt; the injury must have occurred in the first half of the season, and the athlete must have competed in less than 30 percent of the season

Maverick91
10-18-2022, 09:51 AM
I would play him the second half of the auburn game.

Edit: give him 3.5 games played. Dont know if they count bowl games or not. They could play him v auburn, Georgia, and pissville U. That give him a half of a game left to play to still be able to medical redshirt. Give him half the bowl game.

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 09:57 AM
I looked up his draft stock... projected 6-7 round. He needs to return if he can. Be it not playing at all or playing the allotted amount. What ever it takes to raise that stock.

Johnson85
10-18-2022, 10:08 AM
I mean if the below is right, he should �� get a medical redshirt.

According to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Scott Young, ?the NCAA has two requirements for a medical redshirt; the injury must have occurred in the first half of the season, and the athlete must have competed in less than 30 percent of the season

I may be wrong, but I think to get a medical redshirt when you have already redshirted, both seasons have to be because of injury. Also, I thought you couldn't get a medical redshirt if you came back for part of the season (so you can play 30% of beginning of season but not last 30% of season) but not sure why I thought that. Also, I don't think you get to count partial games; if you play a snap in one game, that's 1 game, or 8.33% of the season. WOuldn't bet big money on any of that, but that's the way I understood it.

Maverick91
10-18-2022, 10:15 AM
I may be wrong, but I think to get a medical redshirt when you have already redshirted, both seasons have to be because of injury. Also, I thought you couldn't get a medical redshirt if you came back for part of the season (so you can play 30% of beginning of season but not last 30% of season) but not sure why I thought that. Also, I don't think you get to count partial games; if you play a snap in one game, that's 1 game, or 8.33% of the season. WOuldn't bet big money on any of that, but that's the way I understood it.

I mean this is all new to me so what you said sounds good as well.

I want us to win so bad this weekend, but if they are planning on playing him and think that he could make a massive difference in the game then do it. That is why they are paid the big bucks and I am paid the medium bucks.

Leroy Jenkins
10-18-2022, 10:22 AM
Normally you get a 5 year clock to complete 4 seasons. COVID year blanket waiver added an extra year of eligibility and a year to the clock for D1 fall sports.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 10:27 AM
He doesn't need a medical redshirt because of the covid year. All depends on if he want's to come back or not.

Homedawg
10-18-2022, 10:28 AM
I mean if the below is right, he should �� get a medical redshirt.

And he's not eligible for one if he plays in the last half of the season. He can't play and then get one. It's a medical hardship. Can't play from auburn on and get one. So pick.

Homedawg
10-18-2022, 10:28 AM
He doesn't need a medical redshirt because of the covid year. All depends on if he want's to come back or not.

This is correct forgot about that.

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 10:41 AM
Normally you get a 5 year clock to complete 4 seasons. COVID year blanket waiver added an extra year of eligibility and a year to the clock for D1 fall sports.

Did it give an 5th year or just 6 to play 4 years? I never understood that. I know it is if it effected you. Crumedy played a full year in 2020. He never missed a game.

Todd4State
10-18-2022, 10:44 AM
And he's not eligible for one if he plays in the last half of the season. He can't play and then get one. It's a medical hardship. Can't play from auburn on and get one. So pick.

Personally I'd play him because it's highly unlikely he would stay for a sixth year and our run defense could use the help.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 10:44 AM
Did it give an 5th year or just 6 to play 4 years? I never understood that. I know it is if it effected you. Crumedy played a full year in 2020. He never missed a game.

The 2020 year doesn't count against eligibility at all. It's like 2020 season never happened.

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 10:56 AM
Personally I'd play him because it's highly unlikely he would stay for a sixth year and our run defense could use the help.

His draft stock is not high at all. Plus he's been out all season. That can't help.

Johnson85
10-18-2022, 11:47 AM
His draft stock is not high at all. Plus he's been out all season. That can't help.

I suspect if he sits out through the bye and comes back healthy, he's going to have enough games to move the needle on his draft stock. He'll get to play Auburn, UGA, and Ole Miss. I would think that's enough competition to get good film out there. Even if he's not in game shape (I assume he's not?), if he can show his potential in limited snaps, that will probably be enough.

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 12:01 PM
I suspect if he sits out through the bye and comes back healthy, he's going to have enough games to move the needle on his draft stock. He'll get to play Auburn, UGA, and Ole Miss. I would think that's enough competition to get good film out there. Even if he's not in game shape (I assume he's not?), if he can show his potential in limited snaps, that will probably be enough.

It may be enough for him, but I would advise against it.

Todd4State
10-18-2022, 12:13 PM

I could see him coming back for 2023 but not 2024.

WhiskeyPirate
10-18-2022, 01:21 PM
I looked up his draft stock... projected 6-7 round. He needs to return if he can. Be it not playing at all or playing the allotted amount. What ever it takes to raise that stock.

Most of these guys people say are leaving for the nfl are going to undrafted free agents and are going to be advised to return for a year, especially anybody that’s dealing with an injury. If they are healthy and have a big year they improve their draft chances.

Coach34
10-18-2022, 01:29 PM

Some guys wont raise their draft stock by returning
Some guys will raise it
Some guys just want to be on a roster and are willing to go for it. Even the practice squad makes 6 figures. Polk is on the Giants roster and happy as he can be getting paid instead of being in college football this season.

Their body is their money-maker and they want out of college as fast as possible to prevent injury as well as wear and tear.

WhiskeyPirate
10-18-2022, 01:32 PM
No one leaves hoping to make the practice squad. If they can improve their draft stock coming off an injury especially, they will be advised to return. Almost all of these guys are going to go undrafted other than wheat and Forbes.

Coach34
10-18-2022, 01:36 PM
No one leaves hoping to make the practice squad. If they can improve their draft stock coming off an injury especially, they will be advised to return. Almost all of these guys are going to go undrafted other than wheat and Forbes.

No, they leave thinking the practice squad is their safety net but thats better than playing in college.

Jack Lambert
10-18-2022, 01:39 PM
Screw the red shirt. You now have the portal. If they can play you play them. You play for this season. Worry about next season in the spring.

Johnson85
10-18-2022, 03:05 PM
It may be enough for him, but I would advise against it.

Based on what? He's going to have spent five years in college and presumably will have a degree. It's just going to be whether he'll get any NIL money and weighing that against how likely he is to make a team or a practice squad and how much the NIL money would be compared to the practice squad money.

Lord McBuckethead
10-19-2022, 03:40 PM
He still has his COVID year, fellas.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 05:43 PM
He still has his COVID year, fellas.

Yep, all of these guys will be back, unless someone offers them some big NIL money, which is always possible

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 07:51 PM
Yep, all of these guys will be back, unless someone offers them some big NIL money, which is always possible

Not every guy will be back. Some think they are ready for the league.... their choice.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 07:54 PM
Not every guy will be back. Some think they are ready for the league.... their choice.

Really, like who ?

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 08:02 PM
Really, like who ?

You know it all why ask me....

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 08:06 PM
Because it would be unlikely if they are advised they won’t be drafted, can improve their position in the draft if they play one more year in college and can make as much money in NIL without cost of living expense. Other than Wheat and Forbes, who is leaving ?

NFL practice squad is not a safety net

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 08:15 PM
Ok they'll all be back. Just bookmark this and get back to me. And not every guy can get that nil. But guess you knew that. You need knew sources.
As for improving stock. Meh. We don't have many nfl guys beyond Forbes anyway. I agree they should all come back. But they won't.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2022, 08:19 PM
We won't be returning all the Covid Srs. Going to be a number of transfers out at other spots too. A couple are done. Crumedy might be. He wasn't planning to come back but the injury was worse than believed at first. Maybe he changes his mind. But he's not some dominating DL. We need a huge upgrade on the DL because our coaches aren't rotating guys worth a shit.

Homedawg
10-19-2022, 08:22 PM
Who knew....

Commercecomet24
10-19-2022, 08:45 PM
Ok they'll all be back. Just bookmark this and get back to me. And not every guy can get that nil. But guess you knew that. You need knew sources.
As for improving stock. Meh. We don't have many nfl guys beyond Forbes anyway. I agree they should all come back. But they won't.

Yeah it's a pipe dream to think they all comeback. Heck there's attrition every year and even moreso now with free agency, er, I mean transfer portal.

Cowbell
10-19-2022, 11:43 PM
Because it would be unlikely if they are advised they won?t be drafted, can improve their position in the draft if they play one more year in college and can make as much money in NIL without cost of living expense. Other than Wheat and Forbes, who is leaving ?

NFL practice squad is not a safety net

We literally have guys leave early every year despite being told not to. Every year. Multiple players usually.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 11:56 PM
We literally have guys leave early every year despite being told not to. Every year. Multiple players usually.

You are probably right, who left after last season for the nfl draft besides Polk ? I think Mitchell left the year before ?

I’m primarily thinking of defensive players for next year.

Todd4State
10-20-2022, 12:31 AM
Yeah it's a pipe dream to think they all comeback. Heck there's attrition every year and even moreso now with free agency, er, I mean transfer portal.

There will be attrition of course. Our problem at MSU has been guys leaving when they shouldn't because of bad advice. Bear Wilson, Josh Robinson, Beniquez Brown, etc.

The biggest key for us is not losing players that could benefit from coming back. The odds of making it off of the practice squad in the NFL are pretty low.

NIL may have helped us with some of those players in the past.

msu15
10-20-2022, 02:37 AM
You are probably right, who left after last season for the nfl draft besides Polk ? I think Mitchell left the year before ?

I’m primarily thinking of defensive players for next year.
Ummmmmmm, ever heard of Martin Emerson?

Johnson85
10-20-2022, 09:00 AM
There will be attrition of course. Our problem at MSU has been guys leaving when they shouldn't because of bad advice. Bear Wilson, Josh Robinson, Beniquez Brown, etc.

The biggest key for us is not losing players that could benefit from coming back. The odds of making it off of the practice squad in the NFL are pretty low.

I think this actually may be one of the most effective uses of NIL money for us. We've had several otherwise solid teams killed by just not having SEC quality talent at one or even two positions. If we can get marginal NFL prospects at key positions to stay a fifth year rather than taking their shot, it could make a big difference for us.

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 09:08 AM

Yes I agree that it might help in that aspect

Coach34
10-20-2022, 09:38 AM
One thing you guys are missing is that we will have some guys leave after the bowl games to train and tryout for the USFL and XFL playing this Spring.

WhiskeyPirate
10-20-2022, 12:05 PM
Ummmmmmm, ever heard of Martin Emerson?

Yea, I know wheat and Forbes are gone, and of course Emerson is high draft pick. But guys we have had that left early who were not guaranteed to get drafted ? Polk and O Mitchell ?

Obviously we could have a third stringer leave for playing time, and I’m not concerned about a reciever leaving for some reason we are really deep there. The O line and defense is where we could not afford to have a fifth year senior try to enter the draft when he’s going to be an undrafted free agent. Kind of like Polk did.

We have very little NIL money, so the portal and getting out bid is a real,threat.

Todd4State
10-20-2022, 01:12 PM
One thing you guys are missing is that we will have some guys leave after the bowl games to train and tryout for the USFL and XFL playing this Spring.

That may happen but that would be a poor decision on their part. Those leagues are very unstable and pay very little.

Most players goal is to play in the NFL not for the Memphis Maniax.

Todd4State
10-20-2022, 01:14 PM
Also the trend nationally is that players are using their COVID year unless they're are legit no question NFL prospect.

Now yes we may have some we push out to make the numbers work like we did with Heath. And sure some could make a poor decision but that would be against the norm.

WhiskeyPirate
10-20-2022, 01:20 PM
Also the trend nationally is that players are using their COVID year unless they're are legit no question NFL prospect.

Now yes we may have some we push out to make the numbers work like we did with Heath. And sure some could make a poor decision but that would be against the norm.
That’s the conclusion I’m coming to, our key players will mostly be returning other than Wheat and Forbes. I don’t see any other obvious candidates. Injuries also play a role, a borderline late rounder who has a knee or wrist injury is probably going to fall off the board.

The biggest danger would probably be a guy who decided to cash in through the portal. I saw where we gave Dollar Bill and Bubba quite a bit of NIL money this year, we might have to do that for a few more players.

Coach34
10-20-2022, 01:26 PM
That may happen but that would be a poor decision on their part. Those leagues are very unstable and pay very little.

Most players goal is to play in the NFL not for the Memphis Maniax.

Poor decisions are made every year. Hundreds of guys end up in the portal that dont even get signed with a new team. This year wont be any different

Commercecomet24
10-20-2022, 02:46 PM
Poor decisions are made every year. Hundreds of guys end up in the portal that dont even get signed with a new team. This year wont be any different

Yeah I was kinda shocked at how many guys enter the portal and don't even get picked up by anyone. Just like those declaring for the draft who shouldn't, they are more valuable in their own minds than to anyone else.

Homedawg
10-20-2022, 02:55 PM
Players have a self inflated view of themselves as players. Whether that's guys turning pro or entering the portal. This year will be no different. I know some that hit the portal are "encouraged". Just go look at the draft list of underclassmen that go undrafted. It's not smart. But it happens over and over and over.

Todd4State
10-21-2022, 01:48 AM
That’s the conclusion I’m coming to, our key players will mostly be returning other than Wheat and Forbes. I don’t see any other obvious candidates. Injuries also play a role, a borderline late rounder who has a knee or wrist injury is probably going to fall off the board.

The biggest danger would probably be a guy who decided to cash in through the portal. I saw where we gave Dollar Bill and Bubba quite a bit of NIL money this year, we might have to do that for a few more players.

I think Wheat is out of eligibility anyway and yes, Forbes is a legit NFL prospect. I expect someone like him to leave. That's reasonable and a likely good decision for him.

Hopefully we can come through for our players in the form of NIL.

I'm guessing a lot of those guys that go in the portal that don't get picked up were probably encouraged to do so by their former teams. Some probably saw the writing on the wall and were just trying to find a place and see what their options were. Remember with the portal a player can always take his name out of the portal too. It's a lot safer and different than declaring for the NFL. Of course those that are being encouraged to leave would have to walk on.

FISHDAWG
10-21-2022, 09:05 AM
I think Wheat is out of eligibility anyway and yes, Forbes is a legit NFL prospect.

He is gonna have to tackle in that league if he wants to stay there ... He may have some interceptions but his tackling needs work

NCDawg
10-21-2022, 12:53 PM
He is gonna have to tackle in that league if he wants to stay there ... He may have some interceptions but his tackling needs work

That's for sure. I've noticed that several times-he gets run over.