PDA

View Full Version : What's our last 14 SEC games record?

SailingDawg
10-17-2022, 08:50 PM
Not in the top six worst.

Tweet (https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1582156000487940102)

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1582156000487940102

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 09:04 PM
7-7 I believe

Tater
10-17-2022, 09:25 PM
7-7 I believe

2-2 this year
4-4 last year
lost to auburn and beat mizzou to end 2020. So this is correct.

Leach has gotten us back to Mullen's best sans 2014 in 2.c0vid years since the Moorhead error. For perspective, we've had 4 years with more than 4 SEC wins since the division split. 1994, 1998, 1999, 2014.

Catfish
10-17-2022, 09:58 PM
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/mississippi-state/index.html

Interesting.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 10:01 PM
2-2 this year
4-4 last year
lost to auburn and beat mizzou to end 2020. So this is correct.

Leach has gotten us back to Mullen's best sans 2014 in 2.c0vid years since the Moorhead error. For perspective, we've had 4 years with more than 4 SEC wins since the division split. 1994, 1998, 1999, 2014.

Shhhhh, keep it quiet it this doesn't fit some of the narratives

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 10:18 PM
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/mississippi-state/index.html

Interesting.

The adjusted record is mainly due to the forfeits under terms of probation during the Tyler years. A joke in more ways than one if you were following State during those years.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 10:21 PM
Shhhhh, keep it quiet it this doesn't fit some of the narratives

I thought we weren't competitive at all, the worse of the worse and should drop out of the SEC, ala Sewanee, Tulane. and GA Tech.****

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 10:24 PM
The adjusted record is mainly due to the forfeits under terms of probation during the Tyler years. A joke in more ways than one if you were following State during those years.

We were living in Starkville during that time while my dad finished his doctorate at State and that whole probation thing was such a joke. That kind of thing now wouldn't even get an article in the Columbus Dispatch or whatever it's called. I believe Larry Gillard got a discount or some free suits, clothes and such was the reason for it. Lol

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 10:28 PM
I thought we weren't competitive at all, the worse of the worse and should drop out of the SEC, ala Sewanee, Tulane. and GA Tech.****

We've worked our way up to a solid middle of the sec football program. I remember when that was a dream lol

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 10:31 PM
We were living in Starkville during that time while my dad finished his doctorate at State and that whole probation thing was such a joke. That kind of thing now wouldn't even get an article in the Columbus Dispatch or whatever it's called. I believe Larry Gillard got a discount or some free suits, clothes and such was the reason for it. Lol

Played against Larry in HS and remained friends through college. Heck of a player and guy. All students at State got that clothing discount at Miskelly (?). That was the only thing that they could pin on us. If you want to hear some of our "NIL" deals they couldn't find back in the day, PM me. Pretty humorous and think the NCAA Statute of Limitations is out now! Hail State!

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 10:38 PM
Played against Larry in HS and remained friends through college. Heck of a player and guy. All students at State got that clothing discount at Miskelly (?). That was the only thing that they could pin on us. If you want to hear some of our "NIL" deals they couldn't find back in the day, PM me. Pretty humorous and think the NCAA Statute of Limitations is out now! Hail State!

Yeah I remember that from back then that it was a discount that all students got. I'm gonna pm you. Would love to
hear some of those stories. I've got a few too! My dad was a forester and he managed some of our big boys land and tree farms.

WhiskeyPirate
10-17-2022, 10:43 PM
7-7 isn’t too bad when you consider the recruiting budget and NIL we have to work with. I think UKs recruiting budget is double States and their 247 talent composite is higher than ours. Not an excuse to lose the game, but we have a real uphill battle in terms of money from here on out.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 10:48 PM
Yeah I remember that from back then that it was a discount that all students got. I'm gonna pm you. Would love to
hear some of those stories. I've got a few too! My dad was a forester and he managed some of our big boys land and tree farms.

My Dad was a Farm Bureau Insurance Agent and those agents who helped build FB in the sixties were hardcore State!

msu15
10-17-2022, 10:49 PM
Vandy and Missouri being in this league is a joke for sure.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 10:52 PM
My Dad was a Farm Bureau Insurance Agent and those agents who helped build FB in the sixties were hardcore State!

Very cool!

Todd4State
10-17-2022, 11:29 PM
Arkansas surprises me. The way some of our fans talk about their offense you would think it would be more like 9-5.

was21
10-18-2022, 07:50 AM
The forfeits were a joke for sure and the probation more of a joke.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2022, 11:12 AM
We've worked our way up to a solid middle of the sec football program. I remember when that was a dream lol

Me too. Give me 8-4 or 9-3 most years and I'm happy. I want the chance for a 10 win season.
But I absolutely hate looking like we looked last Saturday night.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 11:22 AM
Me too. Give me 8-4 or 9-3 most years and I'm happy. I want the chance for a 10 win season.

100% agree on all and Saturday night sucked.

Maverick91
10-18-2022, 11:36 AM

I tend to agree, what pisses me off is this is our 10-2 season. There was no reason to lose to LSU nor Kentucky. I guess we can flip the script and beat bama and Georgia. Haha

Todd4State
10-18-2022, 12:40 PM
I tend to agree, what pisses me off is this is our 10-2 season. There was no reason to lose to LSU nor Kentucky. I guess we can flip the script and beat bama and Georgia. Haha

Honestly if you made that deal with me before the season I would take it all day long.

Maverick91
10-18-2022, 12:48 PM
Honestly if you made that deal with me before the season I would take it all day long.

Heck yeah! And twice on Sundays. Just don?t think it?s happening, this team is to fragile right now and unless they click this week and bring our A game it?s not even going to be a game much less a chance to win.

WhiskeyPirate
10-18-2022, 12:59 PM
Heck yeah! And twice on Sundays. Just don?t think it?s happening, this team is to fragile right now and unless they click this week and bring our A game it?s not even going to be a game much less a chance to win.

This isn’t going to be a game whether they click or not. I don’t think Will can function if a dL is within 30 feet of him, especially on the road. Our o line can’t block Bama.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2022, 01:25 PM

This is why Saturday pissed me off so bad. We lost to a bad team. After beating aTm and Arkansas we had a real shot at 9-3. We ain't beating Bama or Georgia. And if our 2 SEC road games are an indicator, we ain't beating ole miss either.

PGHBulldogBG
10-18-2022, 03:58 PM
One topic not mentioned in this thread is Florida being 3-11. That’s going to be interesting to see what Napier can do to build that program back. They were the top overall program for about 5 years in the SEC during Meyer. After that it’s been a big mess considering the talent they get.

HancockCountyDog
10-18-2022, 04:03 PM
I think the reason for most of the angst among our fanbase is that the bears are 12-3 in their last 15 SEC games.

If the bears were 6-9 and we had won the egg last year, I think most everyone would be content with a 5-2 record with wins over Arkansas and A&M.

Dawgology
10-18-2022, 04:24 PM
The season is still salvageable with wins over Auburn, E Tenn and UM. But I think we only go 2-3 at best in those. That Kentucky game made me lose faith completely in this team. I don't know that we can beat Auburn

DawgFromOxford
10-18-2022, 04:42 PM
Give me 8-4 or 9-3 most years and I'm happy. I want the chance for a 10 win season.

This all day. I understand and accept we aren't a blue blood of college football. We play in the SEC. Give me 8-4ish every year with a chance to really compete for the west every 3 or 4 years.

The competing was supposed to be this year. Instead we lose to a down year for LSU and we lose to a QB with one good foot and one good arm. Sucks.

Cooterpoot
10-18-2022, 05:20 PM
Leach will be at .500 overall after this weekend. So we're .500 our last 32 games. Show me those 8 and 9 win seasons please. I need some of them.

gtowndawg
10-18-2022, 06:19 PM

Yeah, that's when my Dad was in school. He always said he got a pair of jeans so it must be something clothing related. Laughable today.

Dawgology
10-18-2022, 06:42 PM
Leach will be at .500 overall after this weekend. So we're .500 our last 32 games. Show me those 8 and 9 win seasons please. I need some of them.

Exactly. In the past ten years we have had 5 8+ win seasons. including the vacated wins. We?ve finished over .500 in conference play one time. ONE TIME. Since the year 2000.

Goldendawg
10-18-2022, 07:03 PM
I think the reason for most of the angst among our fanbase is that the bears are 12-3 in their last 15 SEC games.

If the bears were 6-9 and we had won the egg last year, I think most everyone would be content with a 5-2 record with wins over Arkansas and A&M.

I am done caring how they do. We need to worry more about ourselves except when we play them for the egg. I have finally outgrown, "Well, it's ok that we lost or have a bad record because OM did too." We need to be ready to win when we should (looking at you staff & team- LSU/KY) and compete with a chance for an upset against other teams. Hail State!

Goldendawg
10-18-2022, 07:07 PM
The season is still salvageable with wins over Auburn, E Tenn and UM. But I think we only go 2-3 at best in those. That Kentucky game made me lose faith completely in this team. I don't know that we can beat Auburn

We better find our ability to stop the run or "Tank" will be Rodriquez 2.0. Better watch some film on how to do this when the opponent uses TE's to block for their running game. We looked like we had never seen this set b4.

Goldendawg
10-18-2022, 07:17 PM
Yeah, that's when my Dad was in school. He always said he got a pair of jeans so it must be something clothing related. Laughable today.

It was the only thing they could pin on us, (a lot was going as we played the recruiting game like the big boys). We had to later forfeit about 18 or so victories for the games that Larry Gillard (DT) and Richard Blakemore (DB) played in because we stupidly got an injunction from a lower level local judge to allow them to play. This went to the MS Supreme Court later and was overturned. The NCAA then hammered us. This happened under Coach, later Coach/AD (a mistake) Bob Tyler. OM was again involved in the investigation. Almost every time we have gotten good in my lifetime, probation followed as we were expected to "stay in our place".

Todd4State
10-18-2022, 07:22 PM

I'm not sure if they are fragile or not but I think we just had a really bad day.

I'll take being competitive against Alabama at this point.

After that start over with Auburn after the bye week and go from there.

WhiskeyPirate
10-18-2022, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure if they are fragile or not but I think we just had a really bad day.

I'll take being competitive against Alabama at this point.

After that start over with Auburn after the bye week and go from there.
I’m not considering being competitive with Bama. Play a lot of scrubs and concede early. Tactical retreat. Lol