PDA

View Full Version : Coach34 wannabe 2?

coachnorm
10-17-2022, 05:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrsFs_hqsyQ&t=3s

Coach34 Wannabe observation:

I am going to include matbegreat video to make a point. I will basically emphasize his points and add some input relatable to Mississippi State.

Match-ups were stated in this video and it stated that the Alabama defense did not get one hurry on the quarterback. This is what happens when an offense launches into close coverage and the receiver wins. The ball is thrown too quickly to get to the passer. Saban said that they switched it up but it did not work because they flat out could not cover the receivers. Saban did not say anything about the quarterback or opposition scheme.

For example, Jalin Hyatt caught 6 passes for 207 yards. He averaged 35 yards a catch. Hyatt is 6Ft.0in and 180 lbs. Tennessee was not retarded enough to include Hyatt into the short passing game, they understood that they had a Randy Moss in their presence. They made sure that Alabama felt his presence in the deep game on every snap of the ball. Saban felt him during the game. Saban did not feel the scheme.

Mississippi State has two receivers Rara Thomas 6ft 200 Lbs and Caleb Ducking 6ft5in 200 Lbs. They are better than Hyatt but it does not show up because they are being wasted in the short game. Remember, Randy Moss terrorized the NFL defensive game by running about 4 patterns and none were short. Bryce Young threw for 450 yards against Tennessee and it was not the short game that generates that production.
A fellow poster brought up Leach saying that they did not practice well last week. If we are practicing the short game with Randy Moss type of receivers it is a bad practice because the practice plan drafted by Leach is defective which simply means that if we master this type of garbage, it still is garbage?

The quickest way for an NFL coach to get replaced back in the day would be practicing screen passes with Randy Moss. Scheme compliance only takes an offense so far and Tennessee is learning this quickly.

I attended last year?s Kentucky game and saw none of the nonsense we endured last Saturday. I wonder what was on Leach's practice plan this year compared to last year?

College football had a huge amount of offense generated by penalty last Saturday, defensive holding and pass interference coast to coast. We got none of that bounty because swing passes and check downs do not terrorize the defenses. BTW the "Air Raid" which every team in America has the manual does not terrorize anyone in 2022. If an elitedogger does not have a manual, just google it and get some?

I hope Leach has a data base which proves my allegations as credible and deviates from the manual like his students, under him, have done well.

basedog
10-17-2022, 06:02 PM
Good info.

parabrave
10-17-2022, 06:12 PM
On our scoring Drive in the 2nd half WR was throwing the ball downfield and we were catching them. The yardages were 12, 11, 24, 19, 8 then 1 on the TD yo Williams. On the 2nd drive of the 3rd it was a 30 yard completion, Then a short run then a couple of offsides then 2 short passes then punt. Then for the rest of the game nothing over 5 yds. He has to push the ball down the field like he did the previous 3 games.

BuckyIsAB****
10-17-2022, 07:15 PM
We are not wasting Ducking and RaRa. Neither one of them will ever be anything close to Randy Moss. Ever. Idk if y?all have noticed but Ducking is a fade curl WR. RaRa is good but he is not good everyday apparently.

BuckyIsAB****
10-17-2022, 07:16 PM
On our scoring Drive in the 2nd half WR was throwing the ball downfield and we were catching them. The yardages were 12, 11, 24, 19, 8 then 1 on the TD yo Williams. On the 2nd drive of the 3rd it was a 30 yard completion, Then a short run then a couple of offsides then 2 short passes then punt. Then for the rest of the game nothing over 5 yds. He has to push the ball down the field like he did the previous 3 games.

We had 2 scoring drives and we didnt get a penalty on either one. That is the story. If we are catching those swings for 5-8 yards maybe more and it?s not 1st and 20 or 3rd and 30 we are fine.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 07:21 PM
None of our receivers seem very physical at all. Get manhandled at times by tough corners. I've seen instances of one receiver just go down on his own when contact is coming.

BuckyIsAB****
10-17-2022, 07:23 PM
None of our receivers seem very physical at all. Get manhandled at times by tough quarters. I've seen instances of one receiver just go down on his own when contact is coming.

That has been an issue in every loss. They dont like it. They better get used to it bc it is not gonna change now

coachnorm
10-17-2022, 08:05 PM
We are not wasting Ducking and RaRa. Neither one of them will ever be anything close to Randy Moss. Ever. Idk if y?all have noticed but Ducking is a fade curl WR. RaRa is good but he is not good everyday apparently.

Rara and Ducking are both deep threat receivers and should be used as such. Both can and have won 50-50 contested catches this season. Using them in the short game to be scheme compliant is a waste of talent. I will stick with my statement that they would have won contested catches against Kentucky because they have proven that they can do it. We will never know who is correct between the two of us because we did not do what the rest of college football did last Saturday and generate offense by launching up field. Many teams generated about over 60 yards, or more, in holding a receiver that beat the defender or just pass interfering. The penalties extended the drives that ended in scores and we are tossing swing passes?

CaptainObvious
10-17-2022, 08:31 PM
There were 4 plays where receivers were open over 25 yards downfield that I recall WR under-throwing 3 and over-throwing 1. 2 more under throws ended up being caught?. By the team wearing blue. He just wasn?t throwing it well Saturday night. Don?t know why. He can throw it 30 plus yards accurately. He just didn?t this game.

The last 4 trips to Lexington, State is 0-4. The closest game was 38-40 in ?16.

7-28 in 18.
2-24 in 20.
17-27 in 22.

chef dixon
10-17-2022, 09:02 PM
Agree that we are wasting a loooooot if WR talent

Coach34
10-17-2022, 09:22 PM
So to recap:

Norm brings video and valid concerns out in the open for everyone to see
Bucky defends Rogers like a Democrat saying that you arent seeing what you are seeing

Great job Norm. Fellas- Norm knows his shit.

WSOPdawg
10-17-2022, 09:24 PM
There were 4 plays where receivers were open over 25 yards downfield

Yep, not taking the occasional shot down the field makes it too easy on the D as they never EVER have to worry about getting burned. Success won't come when we are 95% short passing game. We've got to stretch the field.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 09:58 PM
There were 4 plays where receivers were open over 25 yards downfield that I recall WR under-throwing 3 and over-throwing 1. 2 more under throws ended up being caught?. By the team wearing blue. He just wasn?t throwing it well Saturday night. Don?t know why. He can throw it 30 plus yards accurately. He just didn?t this game.

The last 4 trips to Lexington, State is 0-4. The closest game was 38-40 in ?16.

7-28 in 18.
2-24 in 20.
17-27 in 22.

There was one in the 4th quarter that I especially remember. We had a wheel route down the left sideline wide open and we threw to the back for a 3 yard gain. There's plays to be made down the field. Leach ain't just teaching the check down game. Go back and watch all his offenses from the beginning, his qbs took shots down the field. Leach described Wills game Saturday perfectly in saying he played frantic. The game sped up on him and he never got calmed down or comfortable and didn't see the field well. I like Will and believes he gives his all. He had a bad game, it happens. We need to take a few shots even if they're covered, every now and then.

MaroonFlounder
10-18-2022, 08:18 AM
An old school coach once said that 3 things happen on a pass play, and 2 of them are bad. (completion=good incompletion=bad interception=bad)

He was wrong.

Another "good" thing that can happen on a pass play (for the offense) is to draw an interference or holding penalty.

That is what UK did Saturday night. They burned Decam and he had to hold or interfere like 7 times. Many of those gave UK 1st downs on 3rd & Long.

Look for more of the same in Tuscaloosa.

BuckyIsAB****
10-18-2022, 09:35 AM
34 Grow up dude. If you think RaRa and Ducking are Randy Moss then I think you are Bear Bryant

BuckyIsAB****
10-18-2022, 09:37 AM
Nobody said we should never throw them 50 50 balls. But the post compared them to RANDY MOSS. We dont have anyone like that. That was the point. I guess being right makes me a democrat

RezDog7
10-18-2022, 09:39 AM
34 Grow up dude. If you think RaRa and Ducking are Randy Moss then I think you are Bear Bryant

Ha, he's not even Coach Klein. Coach Klein was smart enough to play the water boy at linebacker even though he was white.

basedog
10-18-2022, 09:52 AM
Nobody said we should never throw them 50 50 balls. But the post compared them to RANDY MOSS. We dont have anyone like that. That was the point. I guess being right makes me a democrat

I can't speak for coach norm, but I really think or thought his point was to throw it deep to one of the ones he mentioned as they have the ability to catch at 50-50%. I know and you know as he knows we don't have a Randy Moss receiver, but we have a little height, and they can go get the pass even if it isn't on target sometimes.

Btw, I'm all for Will, I sure wish we would give him more help such as roll out more and had a TE to throw to some as well as block. We are a terrible screen design play team also, We aren't very creative against strong aggressive defensive teams.

BuckyIsAB****
10-18-2022, 09:56 AM
I can't speak for coach norm, but I really think or thought his point was to throw it deep to one of the ones he mentioned as they have the ability to catch at 50-50%. I know and you know as he knows we don't have a Randy Moss receiver, but we have a little height, and they can go get the pass even if it isn't on target sometimes.

Btw, I'm all for Will, I sure wish we would give him more help such as roll out more and had a TE to throw to some as well as block. We are a terrible screen design play team also, We aren't very creative against strong aggressive defensive teams.

I thought it said several times we have Randy Moss type receivers and that we wasted them

basedog
10-18-2022, 10:02 AM
I thought it said several times we have Randy Moss type receivers and that we wasted them

I think he said or meant with their height. Just saying, we need to gamble a little more with the deep pass, Leach will gamble on 4th and one deep inside our territory but not throw enough deep passes.

Jacknut
10-18-2022, 10:06 AM
One thing Hyatt has is speed. It seemed he was always a step or two ahead of the CB trying to cover him. Our two "big" receivers are Ducking and Robinson. I don't know if they are as fast as Hyatt, but they should at least get a couple of deep or 50/50 balls each game.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 10:22 AM
One thing Hyatt has is speed. It seemed he was always a step or two ahead of the CB trying to cover him. Our two "big" receivers are Ducking and Robinson. I don't know if they are as fast as Hyatt, but they should at least get a couple of deep or 50/50 balls each game.

With UT offensive design and the way they widen out their WRs, stack them and then run their routes together before separating it creates confusion in the secondary and Hyatt's big plays came when he wound up one on one against a safety, which is a win for the WR. Credit Heupel for his offensive design for creating mismatches. It killed bama all day.

Coach34
10-18-2022, 10:30 AM
Anybody that possesses reading comprehension or intelligence understands he was saying that the height of our WR's is a huge advantage and we should give them a shot down the field- much like Minnesota did with Moss.

BuckyIsAB****
10-18-2022, 11:28 AM
Anybody that possesses reading comprehension or intelligence understands he was saying that the height of our WR's is a huge advantage and we should give them a shot down the field- much like Minnesota did with Moss.

And we have done that. I guess im just too stu stu stupid to comprehend such vigorous concepts. Unlike you and your ever expanding knowledge of the game and message board trolling

BuckyIsAB****
10-18-2022, 11:30 AM
Randy Moss would leave RaRa and Ducking in the dust on a route. So comparing them to Randy Moss would include their speed too. Unless Im just too dumb to understand that in order to get downfield it would help you a lot to be fast. Lets ask 34 for his ingenious ideas on the topic

BuckyIsAB****
10-18-2022, 11:34 AM
Btw if we are going by height Ducking and Robinson are by far our tallest ones and they are not running away from anyone. So. Norm is not the issue. Norm also doesnt get off by being an ass on message boards either I hope. Unlike the head coach of elitedawg university

Catfish
10-18-2022, 12:17 PM
Btw if we are going by height Ducking and Robinson are by far our tallest ones and they are not running away from anyone. So. Norm is not the issue. Norm also doesnt get off by being an ass on message boards either I hope. Unlike the head coach of elitedawg university

There's gonna be a lot of members hit the transfer portal if he's the head coach.

basedog
10-18-2022, 12:31 PM
With UT offensive design and the way they widen out their WRs, stack them and then run their routes together before separating it creates confusion in the secondary and Hyatt's big plays came when he wound up one on one against a safety, which is a win for the WR. Credit Heupel for his offensive design for creating mismatches. It killed bama all day.

Running routes can be like "motion offense in basketball", you run crossing pick type patterns which can have the defender get brush off. Stacking receivers can confuse DB's which is the receiver's advantage because he knows when he will cut or cross. Heupel out coached Saban Saturday.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 12:58 PM
Running routes can be like "motion offense in basketball", you run crossing pick type patterns which can have the defender get brush off. Stacking receivers can confuse DB's which is the receiver's advantage because he knows when he will cut or cross. Heupel out coached Saban Saturday.

Yes sir! Heupel is very innovative and I've watched some cutups of his offensive scheme the last couple of days. The way he widens his receivers and stacks them, creates a bus load of space and spacing and matchup problems for a secondary and also widens out the linebackers which creates space for the run game as well. The only way they will be stopped consistently is if a team has a bunch of stud dls who can rush the passer without blitzing and can also handle stuffing the run game, or if they beat themselves by turning the ball over. They way they're spreading the field is creating a ton of space for wrs and rbs. He definitely outcoached saban. I enjoyed watching it lol!

You know yourself as an ol basketball coach how important spacing is!

basedog
10-18-2022, 01:57 PM
Yes sir! Heupel is very innovative and I've watched some cutups of his offensive scheme the last couple of days. The way he widens his receivers and stacks them, creates a bus load of space and spacing and matchup problems for a secondary and also widens out the linebackers which creates space for the run game as well. The only way they will be stopped consistently is if a team has a bunch of stud dls who can rush the passer without blitzing and can also handle stuffing the run game, or if they beat themselves by turning the ball over. They way they're spreading the field is creating a ton of space for wrs and rbs. He definitely outcoached saban. I enjoyed watching it lol!

You know yourself as an ol basketball coach how important spacing is!

Spreading the field or the floor is one thing but stacking, cutting & crossing creates space and gaps as you say. How many football teams have you watched inside say 10-yard line use the "so called pick" with brushing of receivers or crossing at the goal line.

I really had no idea how Heupel would do, but he has proven himself and he is about to be paid some serious money.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 02:08 PM
Spreading the field or the floor is one thing but stacking, cutting & crossing creates space and gaps as you say. How many football teams have you watched inside say 10-yard line use the "so called pick" with brushing of receivers or crossing at the goal line.

I really had no idea how Heupel would do, but he has proven himself and he is about to be paid some serious money.

It's not a pick, it's a "rub route" picks are illegal, LOL! I wondered how Heupel would do too, but he's done a great job. Sometimes you hit a hr with these up and coming coaches and credit to ut, they did. The guy is extremely innovative in what he's doing. They say there's no reinventing the wheel and everything has been done before, but Heupel has definitely improved the wheel a bunch!

PikeDawg15
10-18-2022, 02:14 PM

Tennessee is going to have to have to pay him Saban money but Good Ole Oklahoma will be calling very soon.

basedog
10-18-2022, 03:01 PM
It's not a pick, it's a "rub route" picks are illegal, LOL! I wondered how Heupel would do too, but he's done a great job. Sometimes you hit a hr with these up and coming coaches and credit to ut, they did. The guy is extremely innovative in what he's doing. They say there's no reinventing the wheel and everything has been done before, but Heupel has definitely improved the wheel a bunch!

We never taught the "rub" in basketball, LOL! Well maybe a hard rub!

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 03:03 PM
We never taught the "rub" in basketball, LOL! Well maybe a hard rub!

I love the "physical rub" in basketball, don't see as much of that these days!