PDA

View Full Version : Extreme mental toughness test Saturday...

CadaverDawg
10-17-2022, 10:37 AM
Want to know if our team is mentally tough? Tune in Saturday night, and if we don't get completely destroyed, we should all be fairly pleased.

I think it may have been Marcus Spears that once said he hated playing State bc they were so physical and you hurt for a few weeks after that game. Well we just played the modern day comparison to those old State teams. Mediocre or not, Kentucky is physical, and we got beat up on the road. Now we limp into ANOTHER night road game, against a pissed off Bama and several key guys out and less than 100%.

This game will show what our boys are made of. I know we aren't winning it, but covering the 21 point spread would actually encourage the shit out of me.

It's a nightmare scenario, so hopefully the guys go in with nothing to lose and let it rip. This definitely isn't a check down week for Will. You have one on one coverage, you take the deep option and let your receivers make plays. Why not?

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 10:43 AM
Want to know if our team is mentally tough? Tune in Saturday night, and if we don't get completely destroyed, we should all be fairly pleased.

I think it may have been Marcus Spears that once said he hated playing State bc they were so physical and you hurt for a few weeks after that game. Well we just played the modern day comparison to those old State teams. Mediocre or not, Kentucky is physical, and we got beat up on the road. Now we limp into ANOTHER night road game, against a pissed off Bama and several key guys out and less than 100%.

This game will show what our boys are made of. I know we aren't winning it, but covering the 21 point spread would actually encourage the shit out of me.

It's a nightmare scenario, so hopefully the guys go in with nothing to lose and let it rip. This definitely isn't a check down week for Will. You have one on one coverage, you take the deep option and let your receivers make plays. Why not?

Yeah, losing starters hurts. Would love to see Crumedy back, but at this point, I'm fine with him holding out for a medical RS. I'm looking at this the same as you. How pissed are we. Are we going to stand up! But more Cadaver, I want to know what we do in the next game in response to whatever the outcome here.

msstate7
10-17-2022, 10:43 AM
I doubt will Anderson is gonna allow will long enough to look down field. Is there a prop bet on his sack total? I'd lay heavy on 3 or more

Matt3467
10-17-2022, 10:45 AM

The Bama game is the one game I have no interest in watching. I'll probably check the score here and there but I'm not watching us get beat down for 3 1/2 hours. It's been the same story vs Bama since '08.

msstate7
10-17-2022, 10:50 AM
The Bama game is the one game I have no interest in watching. I'll probably check the score here and there but I'm not watching us get beat down for 3 1/2 hours. It's been the same story vs Bama since '08.

Same. I'll just be an LSU Saturday

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 10:52 AM

LOL.. I gotta watch it. Can't look away.

msstate7
10-17-2022, 10:58 AM
LOL.. I gotta watch it. Can't look away.

I do enjoy watching young's arm talent. Just wish he wouldn't be carving us up

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 11:03 AM
I do enjoy watching young's arm talent. Just wish he wouldn't be carving us up

Seriously.

I have seen TAMU, Tx, and UT take it to Bama. But that's before the loss and before we got majorly banged up. I hope we can find a way.

NCDawg
10-17-2022, 11:34 AM
Seriously.

I have seen TAMU, Tx, and UT take it to Bama. But that's before the loss and before we got majorly banged up. I hope we can find a way.

If we play with the lack of effort we played against Kentucky, Alabama can name the score. David Murray wrote an article on the other site grading our performance at Kentucky which pretty well nails it. Total team performance of F.

sandjunky
10-17-2022, 11:43 AM
Alabama will name their score

Blueprint is out - pin ears back and out athlete our front - will becomes Chris Everett err Jim Everett

DownwardDawg
10-17-2022, 11:43 AM
My son performs downtown Nashville Saturday night thankfully!!! I won't be interested in football at all Saturday night.

Activated Alpha
10-17-2022, 11:46 AM
We should be afraid that Bama's pissed off? They should be worried that we are pissed off!!

Jk, we won't cover at all and I will watch us play with no uneasy pregame feelings at all. Bama will play their 3rd of 4th string by the early 3rd quarter....

DownwardDawg
10-17-2022, 11:48 AM
We should be afraid that Bama's pissed off? They should be worried that we are pissed off!!

Jk, we won't cover at all and I will watch us play with no uneasy pregame feelings at all. Bama will play their 3rd of 4th string by the early 3rd quarter....
Yeah. At least we don't get fired up and nervous about this game. We all already know the outcome.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2022, 12:06 PM

Blueprint is out - pin ears back and out athlete our front - will becomes Chris Everett err Jim Everett

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DifficultPlayfulIberianmole-max-1mb.gif

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:02 PM

Also add, bama DB's play physical and our WR's are again MIA.

msstate7
10-17-2022, 01:21 PM
My son performs downtown Nashville Saturday night thankfully!!! I won't be interested in football at all Saturday night.

Much better choice of time

NCDawg
10-17-2022, 01:41 PM
Also add, bama DB's play physical and our WR's are again MIA.

I agree about our WR/s MIA. I don't know what Rogers is seeing, but he apparently is not seeing a lot of WR's open, since he is dumping it off his RB's most of the time. Where is RaRa? He's probably our best receiver and I haven't seen him involved lately.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:51 PM
I agree about our WR/s MIA. I don't know what Rogers is seeing, but he apparently is not seeing a lot of WR's open, since he is dumping it off his RB's most of the time. Where is RaRa? He's probably our best receiver and I haven't seen him involved lately.

Only time I heard RaRa's name mentioned and the camera focused on him was when he got a procedure penalty. But didn't hear Rufas, Tulu, much either. Ducking on short stuff. Either they got no separation or Will isn't seeing the field. Nothing thrown downfield. LSU all over again.

dawgday166
10-17-2022, 01:58 PM
Who all are we missing Sat night?

Offshore Dawg
10-17-2022, 02:01 PM

Very few on here will get the meaning of that with Jim Rome