PDA

View Full Version : This conference is the NFL jr. and a 12 team post season is the cure.

Tater
10-17-2022, 09:28 AM
Seriously. Just look around.

Texas A&M loses to a bad (for them) App State team.
Next week gets off the mat and destroys Miami's will and then also beats Arkansas.

Arkansas gets a 3 team train ran on them between Bama-A&M-State. Gets off the mat and knocks off a highly touted BYU team.

State lays an absolute dumpster fire of an egg in Baton Rogue. Gets up and pops off two convincing wins against Arkansas and A&M.

South Carolina was getting filleted left and right. Jumps up and smacks Kentucky.

Kentucky has what many of their fans felt like was a season crushing loss to SCar. Gets up and delivers a hell of a similar crushing blow to State.

LSU died to Tennessee. Their fanbase quit. They turn around and throttle Florida.

A&M felt close to firing Jimbo and then came 2 yards shy of toppling Alabama. Mizzou looked lost and almost got Georgia.

Tennessee finally beat Saban. They ascended from the depths of hell. That program was in disarray.

This all feels like watching NFL games where any given Saturday, anyone can beat anyone. There's no days off. Just we as fans throw the towel in because 2 loss teams don't make the playoff. The 12 team playoff will solve that so easily. I think that's why it feels so crushing. Knowing one ****up ruins it. But that's the game right now. C'est la vie.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2022, 09:38 AM
The SEC in the second half of the 1990's was like this. You never knew what would happen. When Bama went to shit, there were multiple years where the SECW winner had 2 SEC losses.
It was agonizing, but a lot more fun.

Catfish
10-17-2022, 09:38 AM

Next week gets off the mat and destroys Miami's will and then also beats Arkansas.

Arkansas gets a 3 team train ran on them between Bama-A&M-State. Gets off the mat and knocks off a highly touted BYU team.

State lays an absolute dumpster fire of an egg in Baton Rogue. Gets up and pops off two convincing wins against Arkansas and A&M.

South Carolina was getting filleted left and right. Jumps up and smacks Kentucky.

Kentucky has what many of their fans felt like was a season crushing loss to SCar. Gets up and delivers a hell of a similar crushing blow to State.

LSU died to Tennessee. Their fanbase quit. They turn around and throttle Florida.

A&M felt close to firing Jimbo and then came 2 yards shy of toppling Alabama. Mizzou looked lost and almost got Georgia.

Tennessee finally beat Saban. They ascended from the depths of hell. That program was in disarray.

This all feels like watching NFL games where any given Saturday, anyone can beat anyone. There's no days off. Just we as fans throw the towel in because 2 loss teams don't make the playoff. The 12 team playoff will solve that so easily. I think that's why it feels so crushing. Knowing one ****up ruins it. But that's the game right now. C'est la vie.

I like reading your posts, Tater. You are right on with this one.

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 09:51 AM

All great points. And I hope the 12 team is enough. I was hoping 16 teams.

Tater
10-17-2022, 09:53 AM
I like reading your posts, Tater. You are right on with this one.

Thanks. I feel like The bar for being an enjoyable poster on this board is just not posting an emotional diatribe in the 24 hour wake of a loss. I've tried to get better about it myself this year. Cause man sports do cause me to post with emotions over brains. Plus my therapist tells me to work on positive framing. Sure it may be sunshine pump eqsue, but man it's a lot more fun to think we got a shot at Alabama and be disappointed than it is to think we don't have a snowball's chance in hell and still lose. I enjoy the week before the game way more. The loss hurts the same either way. And I just go watch 21 Baseball Natty highlights when I'm sad. Seeing Texsa players cry brings me so much joy.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2022, 09:57 AM
Good job tater.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2022, 10:13 AM
I find it interesting you post this the week before we play Alabama. Only MSU person anywhere looking forward to Saturday is Bucky. Even journalist/fan boys with podcast are waving the white towel today.

But.... I guess we could characterize the game as the Giants v Jaguars. I'd say the Jaguars have no chance in that NFL match up.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2022, 10:15 AM
But yes I agree. Nobody cares about a bowl game. An expanded playoff is needed.

Maverick91
10-17-2022, 10:17 AM
Completely agree with you Tater! We play the brand of ball that this team is capable of playing. We can be in any game on our schedule.

TrapGame
10-17-2022, 10:25 AM

Good post Tater.

BeardoMSU
10-17-2022, 10:37 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tater again.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 12:20 PM
100% agree, Tater! Every sec win is earned and there are no gimmes! It's any given Saturday in the sec and home field is huge!