PDA

View Full Version : 2 more things

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 08:55 PM
This is not just my opinion this is coming from several former players who played for Mullen. UK hates us. A lot more than we hate them. It showed last night. Idk how or why they always get night games but they do. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap bc they wanted that more than we did. We will see what MS State is made of next Saturday. I for one would like to see the team not concede the game before it even starts. Alabama has some legitimate issues. All the talk about Bama being mad and motivated is overrated. Or it damn sure better be bc if we are not mad and overrated after Saturday we never will be. I will see yall next Saturday night.

We want Bama

vindastra
10-16-2022, 09:00 PM
UK can love us or hate us or can go finger themselves, this loss is just squarely on this team and this team only - starting with the QB and the Coach. Nothing more, nothing less.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 09:02 PM
Oh it was absolutely on us. Not just on one coach and one QB

CadaverDawg
10-16-2022, 09:02 PM
How is it acceptable for another team to "want it more" than us? Especially when we would be 6-1. You keep saying that as if it's just "oh well, Kentucky wanted it more, what can ya do?".....and your boy said it was a "wake up call"?? How can a team that has proven absolutely nothing since any of them arrived on campus, become so entitled after a few wins that they need a wake up call because friggin Kentucky "wanted it more" than they did? I hear a lot of our fans talk about how Leach is a disciplinarian and he is "locked in" this year...so how does this happen?

The effort was a bad look for our leader off the field, Leach.....the comments about the wake up call was a bad look for our leader on the field, Rogers. In my opinion.

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:04 PM
Bama will cover and rape us

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 09:07 PM
Cadaver I am in no way shape or form saying they wanted it more than we did what can ya do. I was saying the same thing you are. I am as disappointed as anyone that we let them win and am really disappointed that we didnt have the fire they had.

But you are just off the hinges with your hate for us right now. We are going to be ok. We are a triple option offense there is going to be some nights where it just doesnt click. There is no plan b. I hate it but it is what it is. We are not done for the year. Some of yall that have been saying you are done, be done. Stop posting about it especially only after losses. This is not a direct shot at anyone but if the shoe fits wear it

Cowbell
10-16-2022, 09:08 PM
We are not good. We already know what we are made of. This scheme is trash against good defenses.

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:10 PM
We are not good. We already know what we are made of. This scheme is trash against good defenses.

exactly. Take Bama and the points.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 09:10 PM

Then dont watch it. Get ready for basketball. Dont be excited the next time we win. We have beaten good defenses with it already. There are going to be some nights where it just does not work. You Have to find a way those games or you will lose. Its what happens when you run offenses like this. The defense was just as bad as them especially in the 2nd half. We did not find a way. They looked like we did the last 2 weeks. Fired up and hungry at home. We will see what we do against a Bama team that has been less than impressive at times

basedog
10-16-2022, 09:58 PM
Then dont watch it. Get ready for basketball. Dont be excited the next time we win. We have beaten good defenses with it already. There are going to be some nights where it just does not work. You Have to find a way those games or you will lose. Its what happens when you run offenses like this. The defense was just as bad as them especially in the 2nd half. We did not find a way. They looked like we did the last 2 weeks. Fired up and hungry at home. We will see what we do against a Bama team that has been less than impressive at times

Bama should have3 losses, but they never quit or give up. But they will be more physical than us with much more speed. Biggest difference in this game will be talent. Also playing on the road, we haven?t been good playing away this year.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 10:01 PM
Bama should have3 losses, but they never quit or give up. But they will be more physical than us with much more speed. Biggest difference in this game will be talent. Also playing on the road, we haven?t been good playing away this year.

They have won on talent alone for years in games where they halfway played. They thought UT was the same. Even vs UT, it took bama helping them to lose.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2022, 10:03 PM
Cadaver I am in no way shape or form saying they wanted it more than we did what can ya do. I was saying the same thing you are. I am as disappointed as anyone that we let them win and am really disappointed that we didnt have the fire they had.

But you are just off the hinges with your hate for us right now. We are going to be ok. We are a triple option offense there is going to be some nights where it just doesnt click. There is no plan b. I hate it but it is what it is. We are not done for the year. Some of yall that have been saying you are done, be done. Stop posting about it especially only after losses. This is not a direct shot at anyone but if the shoe fits wear it

So in other words, "agree with me or don't speak"? Nah

You're the ring leader in praising Leach and Rogers when we win, but after a loss that is squarely on those two and their air raid offense crapping the bed it's "we are a triple option team, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't...we'll still win some more games". No. If you run a scheme that can be absolutely clamped down by a mediocre Kentucky team and you make zero adjustments because "that's the scheme, it's a triple option and can sometimes be shut down"...that is unacceptable. And just because you hate hearing it doesn't mean it doesn't need to be said

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 10:03 PM
This is not just my opinion this is coming from several former players who played for Mullen. UK hates us. A lot more than we hate them. It showed last night. Idk how or why they always get night games but they do. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap bc they wanted that more than we did. We will see what MS State is made of next Saturday. I for one would like to see the team not concede the game before it even starts. Alabama has some legitimate issues. All the talk about Bama being mad and motivated is overrated. Or it damn sure better be bc if we are not mad and overrated after Saturday we never will be. I will see yall next Saturday night.

We want Bama

Maybe on D some against really top notch offenses (which we're not). But only issues on O are penalties, and I'm sure those won't be called same way in T-Town on Sat night. Even if called pretty square as I believe yesterday's TN/Bama game was, Bama won't have to commit as many penalties to handle our D. And not only that, we'll never be able to corral Young.

I love your enthusiasm tho Buck!!

ETA: I do agree that UK really hates us tho. Mullen seemed to piss everyone off LOL.

Cowbell
10-16-2022, 10:07 PM

Just because I don't think we are good doesn't disqualify me as a fan from watching - I fully support Will so you can back off with this irrational take. The difference between us and Bama is that they still looked really good in their loss to a much better team. They also still have something to play for. Saban owns CML even more than Kiffin. It's frustrating as a fan to watch us show up last night and look like we didn't even practice. That's on coaching. CML ain't got enough fire in him to get us over the top. He also put will in a hard spot last night by not establishing the run game. Had we run the ball more last night we would have won. Period.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 10:31 PM
So in other words, "agree with me or don't speak"? Nah

You're the ring leader in praising Leach and Rogers when we win, but after a loss that is squarely on those two and their air raid offense crapping the bed it's "we are a triple option team, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't...we'll still win some more games". No. If you run a scheme that can be absolutely clamped down by a mediocre Kentucky team and you make zero adjustments because "that's the scheme, it's a triple option and can sometimes be shut down"...that is unacceptable. And just because you hate hearing it doesn't mean it doesn't need to be said

I guess if thats how you took it then fine. But this is the most I have posted here since the LSU game. I am just simply stating from my personal experience when you run offenses such as ours, that we have totally bought into bc our AD made the hire, there are going to be nights where they have your number or you dont execute. The latter happened Saturday. Which is a huge reason why when we do lose the game looks very very very similar each time. Look at that game and look at the LSU game and compare it. Our WRs are either going to sit down in the holes in the zone or wont. Will be accurate and on time or he wont. The OL will stay on their double teams on inside zone or they wont. The RBs will break that first tackle on the swing or they wont. Just like the triple. I do not like it but it is what it is. The sky is not falling. We will have more games this year where it works. We might have another where it doesnt. All I?m saying is you are acting like we are just 2-10 and non competitive. Thats all

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 10:35 PM
Just because I don't think we are good doesn't disqualify me as a fan from watching - I fully support Will so you can back off with this irrational take. The difference between us and Bama is that they still looked really good in their loss to a much better team. They also still have something to play for. Saban owns CML even more than Kiffin. It's frustrating as a fan to watch us show up last night and look like we didn't even practice. That's on coaching. CML ain't got enough fire in him to get us over the top. He also put will in a hard spot last night by not establishing the run game. Had we run the ball more last night we would have won. Period.

Again you pay your tv bill and buy your tickets. So you have every right to do what you want. But its not irrational to tell you to get on board or get off on a message board. If that is irrational then this board might as well be a homeland security threat after losses bc that is a light light take compared to others. I am not the biggest fan of the air raid. It is either going to work or it aint. But it is not as bad as we make it sometimes and Leach is a good coach. You dont do what he is done here without being one. I wish to God we would do more of what some of his coaching tree does, but we aint. And the one thing his teams have done here is fight to the end. That is a hell of a lot better than what Moorhead did. And his offense is exactly what all of yall salivate over but just with no tempo. Thats all im saying

Todd4State
10-16-2022, 10:59 PM
Kentucky hating us has always been bizarre to me. I do think you are correct there. That said, our team should have realized that going in. There should have been no "wake up call".

memsu06
10-16-2022, 11:12 PM
We played half ass is why we lost. Then to top it off there was an injured player every other play which hurt our 1 and 2 RB along with our center.

Just watch the energy on some of the drives and our WRs are running slow. They didn't act like they were even trying to get open. 4 yard punts don't help. Tulu breaks another long run only to have a hold call it back (granted the refs pretty much hate us after Memphis game last year).

Our defense couldn't stop their RB. Just ran up the gut for 5-6 yards a try. Had to listen to the Levis praise all damn night from the announcers when all he did was hand the ball off to the RB. Still don't see the praise for Levis. That damn RB though got it done.

I don't know what it is about MSU teams that when we finally start getting praise or doing well we fall flat on our face. We have to get over that hump.

Leach is not a soft coach though. He does expect the best from every player.

For some reason I think this week in practice will be much better than last week. I hope the players this week are 100% focused after their embarrassing performance on Saturday.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-16-2022, 11:26 PM
How is it acceptable for another team to "want it more" than us? Especially when we would be 6-1. You keep saying that as if it's just "oh well, Kentucky wanted it more, what can ya do?".....and your boy said it was a "wake up call"?? How can a team that has proven absolutely nothing since any of them arrived on campus, become so entitled after a few wins that they need a wake up call because friggin Kentucky "wanted it more" than they did? I hear a lot of our fans talk about how Leach is a disciplinarian and he is "locked in" this year...so how does this happen?

The effort was a bad look for our leader off the field, Leach.....the comments about the wake up call was a bad look for our leader on the field, Rogers. In my opinion.

Truer words have never been spoken. Thanks Cadaver, an off-day is for those you can play bad and still win with pure talent, we don't have that luxury. The team should know this.