Catfish
10-16-2022, 07:50 PM
Congrats Staff!

Great job staying with it.

Good pick up. Wide receiver?

msu15
10-16-2022, 07:52 PM

Yep. Also has a brother that plays for UF, 6'3 WR that is a redshirt sophomore. Maybe we can snag him from the portal.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 07:53 PM

Yes.. Projected. Name is Creed Whittemore rated 92 by 247

Catfish
10-16-2022, 07:54 PM
Yes.. Projected. Name is Creed Whittemore rated 92 by 247

Thanks

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 07:59 PM
Looks like a Wes welker/Danny amendola type slot receiver for us. Extremely quick and agile and has great speed .

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:03 PM
We are not 36th. When the rest come in we will be at our normal levels.

That's not to say we should NOT get our NIL moving forward at a MAJOR rate.

gtowndawg
10-16-2022, 08:06 PM
We are not 36th. When the rest come in we will be at our normal levels.

That's not to say we should NOT get our NIL moving forward at a MAJOR rate.

I joined the Bulldog Initiaitve recently and I hope others do as well.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:11 PM
YEP!

Want to compete... Buying players is the game

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:15 PM
White legs at WR is the last thing we need. We didnt need another Austin Williams. Florida let him go.

Where are the 4 star DL flips? 4-star LB flips?

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:18 PM
White legs at WR is the last thing we need. We didnt need another Austin Williams. Florida let him go.

As a minority, I find your comments well over the top! That's MORE than racist.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 08:20 PM

I agree we need dls, coach but this kid isn't Austin Williams he's a speedster, 10.8 100 metre guy. We could use that kind of speed

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:21 PM
I agree we need dls, coach but this kid isn't Austin Williams he's a speedster, 10.8 100 metre guy. We could use that kind of speed

Forget speedster. The fact that he is using race is unacceptable.

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:23 PM
As a minority, I find your comments well over the top! That's MORE than racist.

Sorry dude. I dont like alot of white people. Especially white liberals who are the most racist people in our country.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:26 PM
Sorry dude. I dont like alot of white people. Especially white liberals who are the most racist people in our country.

I don't care who you like or don't like. That is the very essence of racist. His skin color has nothing to do with his ability. You may never be banned for what you did in 2 threads, but that's pure racism!

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:27 PM
And if you are ACTUALLY a coach, I would never allow my kid to play for you. PERIOD.

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:29 PM
And if you are ACTUALLY a coach, I would never allow my kid to play for you. PERIOD.

Good. Im sure your kid is soft like you. I coach in majority Black schools for a reason. I want to coach kids that have some toughness and enjoy football

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:38 PM
Good. Im sure your kid is soft like you. I coach in majority Black schools for a reason. I want to coach kids that have some toughness and enjoy football

Calling out racism isn't being soft. It's simply calling out racism. And no I don't believe you are a coach anywhere at this point.

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:39 PM
Calling out racism isn't being soft. It's simply calling out racism. And no I don't believe you are a coach anywhere at this point.

I'm not. I am a pastry chef at Buffalo Wild Wings

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:42 PM
I'm not. I am a pastry chef at Buffalo Wild Wings

Good. Racist shit!

Todd4State
10-16-2022, 11:58 PM

Exactly. I don't care if a player is black, white, Latino, Asian- if they can play I want them at MSU.

I've lived two places in my life- Mississippi and Louisiana and the way Mississippians in general look at athletes/football players where it's if you're black you can play and if you're white you can't play is just crazy to me!

I don't get it. Look at the NFL and you see guys like Tom Brady, JJ Watt, Christian McCaffrey, Cooper Kupp- if they were MSU players our fans would run them down and say that they aren't that good enough or athletic enough.

And sure I get that most football players are African American. But judge a player on their skill set. Skin color isn't a skill set.

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 12:22 AM
Exactly. I don't care if a player is black, white, Latino, Asian- if they can play I want them at MSU.

I've lived two places in my life- Mississippi and Louisiana and the way Mississippians in general look at athletes/football players where it's if you're black you can play and if you're white you can't play is just crazy to me!

I don't get it. Look at the NFL and you see guys like Tom Brady, JJ Watt, Christian McCaffrey, Cooper Kupp- if they were MSU players our fans would run them down and say that they aren't that good enough or athletic enough.

And sure I get that most football players are African American. But judge a player on their skill set. Skin color isn't a skill set.

It was an uncalled for and not backed up by science statement. And I make no bones about it, he should not be around kids coaching. Don't care if it gets me banned. Don't care if many are ok with it. I'm not the type to be quiet about that. Either the kid is deserving of his spot and ranking or he isn't and for a poster who coaches (yes it was messaged to me he does) to say that is pathetic. This isn't (as he messaged via rep) me needing to grow up. This is him needing to take a step back and evaluate life. To have that opinion of a person based on color/race is pathetic and it doesn't matter what that color is.

He has freedom of speech, but so do I.

dawgday166
10-17-2022, 01:43 AM

Todd ... sometimes that may be a general assumption until a white guy proves otherwise. Nothing wrong with that tho. If anything that is "racism" against the white guy ain't it?

So let's look at an example from the era a lot of us grew up in ... Larry Bird (a white guy BSD since you probably don't know who he was) said that in French Lick, Indiana, he went and played against the black players in town after they got off work at the hotel cause ... "the black players were the BEST. And I wanted to play against the BEST". That's a sign of RESPECT and also the TRUTH. It's FACTS. Cedrick Maxwell (a black guy BSD), who played with Bird, said that he thought Bird was an "over hyped white guy" before he got to the Boston Celtics. Until he came to practice. It didn't take long for Cedrick to realize "damn, this white dude can play".

And there were a LOT of black players in the league that thought that about Bird before he stepped on a professional court. And they admitted it. The media called him "The Great White Hope" while a lot of the black players called him "The Great White Hype".

And EVERYONE from the NBA in that era will tell you Bird ain't no racist, nor is Maxwell. They were just telling it like it is. They didn't go around with their feelings on their sleeve saying "my feeling are hurt and you racist". When Rodman said "if Bird were a black guy he'd just be another player", the media made a huge deal out of it and Bird could've cared less. Didn't matter to him.

Now maybe C34 probably said it in his typical blunt way, but that was really IMO being critical of Leach's apparent emphasis in recruiting WRs and QBs. I'm glad he has a much higher emphasis on WRs than say Dan, but I'm gonna be honest and say I wanna see how the young OLs and DLs develop, cause right now I ain't seeing any DLs like Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones, or Jeff Simmons. But I am hopeful we can develop some like Preston Smith and those guys too. Right now I'm just trusting Leach and his staff and giving them time.

However, now we got a woke young generation that get their panties in a wad about every little trivial thing. BSD needs to take a chill pill. He's been screaming "racism" for the last several hours.

99jc
10-17-2022, 04:42 AM

lol

Offshore Dawg
10-17-2022, 07:16 AM
[QUOTE=Commercecomet24;1457523]Looks like a Wes welker/Danny amendola type slot receiver for us. Extremely quick and agile and has great speed .[/QUOTE
Isn't he a lot taller than Wes and Danny.

Leroy Jenkins
10-17-2022, 07:49 AM
Isn't he a lot taller than Wes and Danny.

Taller than Welker, same as Amendola 5'11".

Quaoarsking
10-17-2022, 07:56 AM
It's not "racist" to observe that many football positions are dominated by black athletes at the FBS level (and there is an uncomfortable historical explanation for that, not one that has to do with inherent genetic differences between all Africans and all Europeans), but it is definitely inappropriate to prejudge any specific athlete based on their race or have preferences that players be a certain race or ethnicity.

If you can play, you can play. Sports over the last century have been a great vehicle for fighting racism.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-17-2022, 08:44 AM
What coach34 means is that he wouldn't want TJ Watt, the Bosa Brothers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Cooper Kupp, or Travis Kelce on his high school team because he's a great evaluator of talent and can clearly see that those guys are all soft and don't enjoy football.

Tater
10-17-2022, 08:57 AM
Good grief this board turned to shit this weekend.

C34 - you're better than ripping on a brand new kid that just committed to State. Especially one rated a 4 Star. And dismissing him over race? Cmon man. Idc what reasoning you have - that has no place on his commitment thread.

You're trying to steal the spotlight and stir the pot. Go do that on any of the 100+ pity party threads.

Quaoarsking
10-17-2022, 08:59 AM
Also by the end of this season, Austin Williams will probably be top 5 in school history in receptions and touchdowns and top 8 or so in yards, so if this recruit is "just another Austin Williams," that's great.

gtowndawg
10-17-2022, 09:18 AM
This guy says "hey"

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_mobile/f_auto/rams/eny8hvamulcwe9z2xp6h.jpg

TrapGame
10-17-2022, 09:30 AM

This makes you look like a moron. I would say you're better than this but I'm really not sure you are.

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 09:48 AM
Todd ... sometimes that may be a general assumption until a white guy proves otherwise. Nothing wrong with that tho. If anything that is "racism" against the white guy ain't it?

So let's look at an example from the era a lot of us grew up in ... Larry Bird (a white guy BSD since you probably don't know who he was) said that in French Lick, Indiana, he went and played against the black players in town after they got off work at the hotel cause ... "the black players were the BEST. And I wanted to play against the BEST". That's a sign of RESPECT and also the TRUTH. It's FACTS. Cedrick Maxwell (a black guy BSD), who played with Bird, said that he thought Bird was an "over hyped white guy" before he got to the Boston Celtics. Until he came to practice. It didn't take long for Cedrick to realize "damn, this white dude can play".

And there were a LOT of black players in the league that thought that about Bird before he stepped on a professional court. And they admitted it. The media called him "The Great White Hope" while a lot of the black players called him "The Great White Hype".

And EVERYONE from the NBA in that era will tell you Bird ain't no racist, nor is Maxwell. They were just telling it like it is. They didn't go around with their feelings on their sleeve saying "my feeling are hurt and you racist". When Rodman said "if Bird were a black guy he'd just be another player", the media made a huge deal out of it and Bird could've cared less. Didn't matter to him.

Now maybe C34 probably said it in his typical blunt way, but that was really IMO being critical of Leach's apparent emphasis in recruiting WRs and QBs. I'm glad he has a much higher emphasis on WRs than say Dan, but I'm gonna be honest and say I wanna see how the young OLs and DLs develop, cause right now I ain't seeing any DLs like Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones, or Jeff Simmons. But I am hopeful we can develop some like Preston Smith and those guys too. Right now I'm just trusting Leach and his staff and giving them time.

However, now we got a woke young generation that get their panties in a wad about every little trivial thing. BSD needs to take a chill pill. He's been screaming "racism" for the last several hours.

First of all, I know who Bird is. I watched him play. Second of all, using a moniker is way different than calling a race TRASH at positions. If you don't see the difference in a moniker and that, then you are blind. Those are 2 entirely different things. What he stated would be the exact thing as a coach stating he hates the recruiting of Parson because black people are horrible QBs and aren't good passers nor smart enough. Would you be ok with that? I would not be. That is the exact thing that he did. It's ignorance and it's the epitome of racism. And what's more is that you know it is.

When raised, rather than back off it, he doubled and tripled down on it. All he had to do was say he was joking or back off. He didn't.... He flat out states a man's skin color determines what a person can or can not do because he believes that. Now how many kids has he coached that has been pushed aside due to that or not given an opportunity? Maybe he's just trying to gain clicks or thinks it's cute and he and a friend or 2 are sitting back and laughing.

GoDawgz
10-17-2022, 09:52 AM

Good grief dude.....you know nothing about this kid and you make that statement? As someone that says they coach high school kids, I hope you are better than the way it came off.

smootness
10-17-2022, 09:57 AM
C34 is just not a good dude, I think that been made quite clear over the years.

dawgday166
10-17-2022, 11:52 AM
First of all, I know who Bird is. I watched him play. Second of all, using a moniker is way different than calling a race TRASH at positions. If you don't see the difference in a moniker and that, then you are blind. Those are 2 entirely different things. What he stated would be the exact thing as a coach stating he hates the recruiting of Parson because black people are horrible QBs and aren't good passers nor smart enough. Would you be ok with that? I would not be. That is the exact thing that he did. It's ignorance and it's the epitome of racism. And what's more is that you know it is.

When raised, rather than back off it, he doubled and tripled down on it. All he had to do was say he was joking or back off. He didn't.... He flat out states a man's skin color determines what a person can or can not do because he believes that. Now how many kids has he coached that has been pushed aside due to that or not given an opportunity? Maybe he's just trying to gain clicks or thinks it's cute and he and a friend or 2 are sitting back and laughing.

So what if he believes it. Who really cares if he believes that. That's freedom of thought/speech ... sorta like what the 1s Amendment guarantees .. you know.

As to any kids he might've "shoved aside", that's between him and his employer. I imagine tho that hasn't happened cause if you're a coach you just want the best football players, or you ain't much of a coach.

You made your racism point in your 1st couple of posts. Going on and on about it all night long wasn't necessary. I'm white and I wasn't offended.

Johnson85
10-17-2022, 11:54 AM

Gym Rats**

BankerDog
10-17-2022, 12:08 PM
surprising comments coming from an offensive coordinator who?s team is 2-5 (one win by forfeit) and highest offensive output is 13 points?you may could use a kid like Creed Whitmore on your team to maybe ?toughen? them. Maybe we should call you Woody34?

Quaoarsking
10-17-2022, 12:22 PM
So what if he believes it. Who really cares if he believes that. That's freedom of thought/speech ... sorta like what the 1s Amendment guarantees .. you know.

There's no 1st amendment issue here, unless someone is calling for Coach34's arrest and I missed it.

dawgday166
10-17-2022, 12:27 PM
There's no 1st amendment issue here, unless someone is calling for Coach34's arrest and I missed it.

Whatever ... maybe we'll just call it a cancel culture issue then. The point being there is a lot of stuff said I don't like but I don't holler for people to be banned over it either. Cause I think they should be allowed to say it.

BeardoMSU
10-17-2022, 12:29 PM
surprising comments coming from an offensive coordinator who?s team is 2-5 (one win by forfeit) and highest offensive output is 13 points?you may could use a kid like Creed Whitmore on your team to maybe ?toughen? them. Maybe we should call you Woody34?

https://i.imgflip.com/4w2n4y.jpg

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 12:30 PM
Also by the end of this season, Austin Williams will probably be top 5 in school history in receptions and touchdowns and top 8 or so in yards, so if this recruit is "just another Austin Williams," that's great.

Williams has the advantage of playing 6 years, but he has been a good, steady contributor. This new commit has a very long offer list with some very big names and blue bloods. Very good pickup, continue to add more especially on DL and safety. Hail State!

Coach34
10-17-2022, 12:39 PM

A) We scored 28 this year
B) Our 93 points we have scored this season has already exceeded last season's total even after the loss of a 3-star signee to Nebraska. This was a total rebuild job and we are making progress. Starting alot of freshmen and sophs in a good league while installing a new offense takes time right- ala Leach in 2020?

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 12:46 PM
B) Our 93 points we have scored this season has already exceeded last season's total even after the loss of a 3-star signee to Nebraska. This was a total rebuild job and we are making progress. Starting alot of freshmen and sophs in a good league while installing a new offense takes time right- ala Leach in 2020?

Any of your Freshmen and Sophs white boys? Asking for a friend.********

dawgday166
10-17-2022, 12:53 PM

No excuses dude. You weren't cutting Leach any slack for any of those reasons. **

WhiskeyPirate
10-17-2022, 01:01 PM
LMAO

Ok Knute Rockne

dawgday166
10-17-2022, 01:08 PM
LMAO

Ok Knute Rockne

I'm thinking if they ain't scoring a bunch in a tough league (SEC tough??) playing Fr & Sophs ... he probably needs to change his offense. *

DEDawg
10-17-2022, 01:14 PM
anyone know if this is an actual flip or if UF let him go and we picked him up?

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 01:18 PM

He tweeted that he decommited from uf and then committed to us, but who knows. He's got elite speed and agility so i figure we can use him either way.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:18 PM

Don't know, but check his offer list on 24/7. He has many other places he can choose to go, including some very big name programs. Hail State and add some more needed talent!

msu15
10-17-2022, 01:22 PM

Keep that up and you'll have many free weekends in the near future.

Tater
10-17-2022, 03:36 PM
Whatever ... maybe we'll just call it a cancel culture issue then. The point being there is a lot of stuff said I don't like but I don't holler for people to be banned over it either. Cause I think they should be allowed to say it.

No one is saying you can't legally say things. We're saying that the board legally doesn't have to host / platform them. It's not "cancel culture"; it's freedom of speech. Your rights ends where another's begins. Twitter doesn't have to give you a platform. Elitedawgs doesn't have to give him a platform. That's how the first amendment works.

Hot Rock
10-17-2022, 03:50 PM

As to any kids he might've "shoved aside", that's between him and his employer. I imagine tho that hasn't happened cause if you're a coach you just want the best football players, or you ain't much of a coach.

You made your racism point in your 1st couple of posts. Going on and on about it all night long wasn't necessary. I'm white and I wasn't offended.

You weren't offended because you have gotten OK with racism around you. It was racist remark by a racist man and the fact you are OK with it says a lot about you too.

dawgday166
10-17-2022, 04:14 PM
No one is saying you can't legally say things. We're saying that the board legally doesn't have to host / platform them. It's not "cancel culture"; it's freedom of speech. Your rights ends where another's begins. Twitter doesn't have to give you a platform. Elitedawgs doesn't have to give him a platform. That's how the first amendment works.

Not arguing that point and don't wanna get in a political debate. With Elitedawgs ... it is privately owned so yes ... they don't have to give you a platform and can pretty much ban you for anything really. BUT ... they could be sued just like the Mom & Pop bakery that don't believe in gay marriage and won't sell a wedding cake to a gay couple, which might put them outta business defending the suit, just like the Mom & Pop shop.

I disagree on Twitter cause it's publicly owned with shareholders from around the world and such and if they wanna set some ground rules that's ok .. as long as they enforce them equally across the board, which Twitter doesn't.

Using your argument would mean they could also discriminate based on whatever they want to, including race, gender, sex orientation or whatnot ... which will happen in the not so distant future. Now I know you will say "but there are laws in place for that" which is true. And some of those laws violate the Constitution itself.

By the end of the decade these huge corporations will consolidate more and more and will eventually be usurping the Constitution thru their rules and policies. Since everyone will be reliant on them for everything (jobs, food, clothing, housing, banking etc.) they'll be able to arbitrarily destroy people's lives or shut off their bank accounts if they don't conform to their ways of thinking or if they say benign, but "offensive" things. So much for the "diversity" they push now cause then everyone will have to conform, which ain't "diversity". Orwell ... we have arrived.

Now I really don't wanna get into a political debate about all of this and people can disagree with me, laugh at me, scoff at what I say, or whatever. I've done deep research going back for over a hundred years and I know who owns what at the very, very top of the world, and can prove it. But not going to and just gonna let it all play out one way or the other. IMO ... it ain't looking to rosy going forward right now.

The whole point was the allowance of offensive speech (i.e. free speech). Hollering "racism" at the drop of a hat about every trivial thing does get a little old to me.

ETA: I also thought the whole thing was more about BSD not liking C34 than anything else really.

Offshore Dawg
10-17-2022, 04:31 PM
Well, this thread has headed downhill since the first page !!

SilentSteel16
10-17-2022, 05:33 PM
Well, this thread has headed downhill since the first page !!

Haha I know right. Hopefully this new recruit never hears of this thread. Welcome to the Hospitality State my man……

Maverick91
10-17-2022, 05:44 PM
If a State fan was a thread this thread would be it. A thread about flipping a 4 star recruit very quickly becomes a thread to insult that very recruit! Claps all around! Lol

P.S. Tater I agree with most of what you say but please know our rights end with the constitution not someones feelings.

SilentSteel16
10-17-2022, 05:45 PM
If a State fan was a thread this thread would be it. A thread about flipping a 4 star recruit very quickly becomes a thread to insult that very recruit! Claps all around! Lol

P.S. Tater I agree with most of what you say but please know our rights end with the constitution not someones feelings.
Amen !! Nailed it

Tater
10-17-2022, 06:14 PM

It's no one's feelings on the matter. It's simply a matter of fact that you can say what you want, but no one else has to host / platform what you say. That's that.

And 166, let's just respectfully disagree on a publicly traded company being beholden to different standards than citizens. Citizens United had our idiot Supreme Court decide businesses are people too.

If anyone wants to discuss further, my DMs are open. I'm not responding to anything else that isn't praising this kid for making the best decision of his life on this thread and it's best if we all move forward in the same manner.

Leroy Jenkins
10-17-2022, 06:14 PM
It's ok that there are some general differences in people, it makes things interesting. There are not many black hockey players, or Asian olympic lifters, or Middle-Eastern NASCAR drivers, or Latino track and field guys. If there was a Samoan guy in the NBA slam-dunk competition people would notice, but if he was playing rugby no one would think twice. People know who Matthew Boling is because he is a white guy that ran a 9.98 100m.

I mean, if I'm drafting a curling team it will predominantly be Scandinavian women.

It is ok to notice that people are predisposed to be good at different things. What is not ok is prejudging their ability based on that criteria alone.

WhiskeyPirate
10-17-2022, 06:17 PM
Yea a 10.8 100 receiver that’s offered by Michigan, Penn State, A&M, Florida and about ten others, we don’t want him. Real smart stuff.

Dawgology
10-17-2022, 09:37 PM
Damn I just wanted to click on this thread and read about a good WR we just flipped.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 09:52 PM
Damn I just wanted to click on this thread and read about a good WR we just flipped.

Yeah kinda went south didn't it? Kid has some tools and elite speed

basedog
10-18-2022, 06:33 AM
Man ole man, I see this board changing into a political board. Not sure why the someone hasn't stepped in and locked this thread.

Now back to sports folks!