PDA

View Full Version : Back away from the ledge, we are still on track

viverlibre
10-16-2022, 05:49 PM
We were always a 7-5 team (with a shot at 8-4). So we beat the barn and ETSU and we will be 7-4, that sets up the Egg Bowl to get to 8 wins.

Before the season, my prediction: win the non conference games, for sure losses to Bama and UGA, likely losses to TAMU/LSU (these teams have significantly more talent than us) and we needed to split two of these four - the barn, UM, Ark and KY. So we stole one from TAMU, if we can beat the barn (I think that is likely) and steal one in Oxford, we are 8-4 which is a good season (considering our schedule).

My biggest concern about the KY game, outside of abandoning the run, Will didn't force the ball downfield, like he did against AM and Ark.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 05:52 PM
We were always a 7-5 team (with a shot at 8-4). So we beat the barn and ETSU and we will be 7-4, that sets up the Egg Bowl to get to 8 wins.

Before the season, my prediction: win the non conference games, for sure losses to Bama and UGA, likely losses to TAMU/LSU (these teams have significantly more talent than us) and we needed to split, two the these four - the barn, UM, Ark and KY. So we stole one from TAMU, if we can beat the barn (I think that is likely) and steal one in Oxford, we are 8-4 which is a good season (considering our schedule).

My biggest concern about the KY game, outside of abandoning the run, Will didn't force the ball downfield, like he did against AM and Ark.

Not on the ledge but from where I am standing I have a very good view of the canyon.

viverlibre
10-16-2022, 06:04 PM
It was easy to get caught up in the optimism, folks on here predicted 9-3 and 10-2, those were never in play.

Catfish
10-16-2022, 06:08 PM
I said 8-4, I still think we get there.

TheLostDawg
10-16-2022, 06:09 PM
It was easy to get caught up in the optimism, folks on here predicted 9-3 and 10-2, those were never in play.

Correct and not only because the schedule but the time slots we're getting.
We play Kentucky at 11,I think things are different
Night at Ole Miss, Alabama, Kentucky,
No night game for us against Arkansas and tamu.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 06:12 PM
6-6 or 7-5 depending on the outcome against Auburn.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2022, 06:37 PM
We very well could beat ole Miss, but anyone predicting that right now is just being a major homer. Therefore, I think 7-5 is our ceiling now.

Catfish
10-16-2022, 06:44 PM
We very well could beat ole Miss, but anyone predicting that right now is just being a major homer. Therefore, I think 7-5 is our ceiling now.

You're probably right, but we are playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2022, 06:46 PM
You're probably right, but we are playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Yes we are.

CaptainObvious
10-16-2022, 07:01 PM
I think y?all are considerably over rating our schedule.

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 07:06 PM
I don't think any MSU fan is jumping off a ledge. We are used to losing. Bama yeah maybe, they are not.

The issue is we have two losses to teams we can beat and should beat this year. MSU can't give away these type of wins as there aren't many on the schedule.

We've been to what 11 straight bowls, we know how to win 6 (or 5 or 3 some years and still get a bowl). If the best coach in MSU history per some can't win these games, how bad is that?

MSU fans just need some hope. We don't have to win 13 games and make playoffs. That ain't happening anyway and we know it.