BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 01:45 PM
Feel like that's about right

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 01:50 PM
Not for long.

Mjoelner34
10-16-2022, 01:54 PM
Probably just so it'll look better on Bama's resume after they boat-race a ranked team next week.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 02:05 PM
It's a credit to Dan Mullen and Mike Leach that we get this level of a meltdown over... a team that's 5-2, ranked, and has only lost to two ranked (/just barely out) 5-2 teams on the road.

State82
10-16-2022, 02:12 PM
Any poll not named "CFP" is worthless as tits on a boar hog.

MaroonFlounder
10-16-2022, 03:04 PM
Bama and UGA gonna rip our souls to shreds.

Then the jerks in north ms will love nothing more than to make us eat Landshark ass.

Dawgtini
10-16-2022, 03:09 PM
Bama and UGA gonna rip our souls to shreds.

Then the jerks in north ms will love nothing more than to make us eat Landshark ass.

Good luck sport. Gonna be a long transition for you but your state fandom will mature.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 03:20 PM
Good luck sport. Gonna be a long transition for you but your state fandom will mature.
?

He?s just stating the obvious .

People that won?t accept there?s a problem and try to find a solution to that problem instead of throwing their hands up saying oh well can?t wait for baseball season are also the problem just as much as the butchers

Mississippi state university does not take football seriously and will not as long as the people in charge are still here.

Dawgology
10-16-2022, 03:25 PM
?

People that won?t accept there?s a problem and try to find a solution to that problem instead of throwing their hands up saying oh well can?t wait for baseball season are also the problem just as much as the butchers

Mississippi state university does not take football seriously and will not as long as the people in charge are still here.

This. Those same people act like everything is fine after our baseball team had its worst season in history. But everything is ok lmao!

Dawgtini
10-16-2022, 03:34 PM
Really? Unbelievable. We're very competitive in every sport with the smallest budget and the smallest fan base. Ho Lee Chit. We're not Bama nor will we ever be (thank the LORD).

Dawgology
10-16-2022, 04:54 PM
Really? Unbelievable. We're very competitive in every sport with the smallest budget and the smallest fan base. Ho Lee Chit. We're not Bama nor will we ever be (thank the LORD).

No we arent? We routinely finish last or next to last in the SEC in recruiting. We haven?t been to postseason in basketball in ages. We haven?t done anything in football since 2014. We won an NC in baseball and followed it up with a season where we didn?t even make the SEC tournament. Good grief. Thats NOT competing. That?s showing up and getting beat.

msu15
10-16-2022, 04:56 PM
It's a credit to Dan Mullen and Mike Leach that we get this level of a meltdown over... a team that's 5-2, ranked, and has only lost to two ranked (/just barely out) 5-2 teams on the road.

What a loser post. We'll be 5-3 and unranked after Saturday. It's weird how blindly loyal some of you are.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 05:05 PM
What a loser post. We'll be 5-3 and unranked after Saturday. It's weird how blindly loyal some of you are.

Actually, I'm one of the few people posting here in the last who's not a god damn loser, actually. Have you even read any threads? People wanting us to leave the SEC because it's just toooo hard (never mind that we're 5-2, ranked, and .500 in the conference, so I guess it's not THAT hard). People saying they're not going to watch games anymore because they just can't handle it mentally. People who think the solution is to fire the president, AD, and coach and playing Russian roulette to see what comes next.

I fuсking hate that we lost last night way more than the average person here, believe me. I just am not going to declare the sky is falling and it's time to #cancel the program because we lost on the road to a ranked team. This team is still very much in line to be one of our 15 or so best teams since integration, and the 5th best of the last 15, so let's keep things in perspective.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 05:11 PM
Actually, I'm one of the few people posting here in the last who's not a god damn loser, actually. Have you even read any threads? People wanting us to leave the SEC because it's just toooo hard (never mind that we're 5-2, ranked, and .500 in the conference, so I guess it's not THAT hard). People saying they're not going to watch games anymore because they just can't handle it mentally. People who think the solution is to fire the president, AD, and coach and playing Russian roulette to see what comes next.

I fuсking hate that we lost last night way more than the average person here, believe me. I just am not going to declare the sky is falling and it's time to #cancel the program because we lost on the road to a ranked team. This team is still very much in line to be one of our 15 or so best teams since integration, and the 5th best of the last 15, so let's keep things in perspective.

Bravo, Q!

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 06:09 PM
Feels mean with them knowing what lies in wait for us next Saturday.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 07:33 PM

We have a much larger fanbase than Ole Miss , Vanderbilt , and Missouri .

Our problem is ole miss?s pockets are double ours because they have doctors and lawyers.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 07:46 PM
?

Based on what? Strictly opinion

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 07:47 PM
This. Those same people act like everything is fine after our baseball team had its worst season in history. But everything is ok lmao!

Did they or did they not lose a lot?

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 07:50 PM

If I could upvote, rep you more... I would. The massive swings in some are so large it's sad. What's even more sad is they think it's normal!

Catfish
10-16-2022, 07:53 PM

Rep!!!

AROB44
10-16-2022, 08:31 PM
We have a much larger fanbase than Ole Miss , Vanderbilt , and Missouri .

Our problem is ole miss?s pockets are double ours because they have doctors and lawyers.

Are most of our alumni working a McDonalds or Chick fil A? No.....they are just waiting on someone else to pony up $$$....anybody but them!

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 08:56 PM
How much would it cost to open up a law school in Starkville? Not joking. I don't care about whether it's top 100, at least not at first.

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2022, 09:28 PM

We were 5-3 and unranked in 1998. Wonder how that season finished up?

lastmajordog
10-16-2022, 10:08 PM
del

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 11:05 PM
Are most of our alumni working a McDonalds or Chick fil A? No.....they are just waiting on someone else to pony up $$$....anybody but them!

Know plenty of big money boosters at MSU in my personal life that have been involved for years. 4 to be exact. All the money they put into Mississippi state goes to baseball. Not a dime goes to football. Because they haven?t been to a football game since Dan Mullen left and haven?t missed a baseball game in a decade.

It?s a culture issue we have.

memsu06
10-16-2022, 11:19 PM

I agree overall this is one of the better MSU teams.

I still hate we lost to Kentucky who has looked like crap in all their games this year. Something about that stadium and them using us as their yardstick every damn year.

I hope this loss was embarrassing to the team the way they lost. You have to give 110% effort in every SEC road game and we did not do that.

Todd4State
10-17-2022, 12:06 AM
How much would it cost to open up a law school in Starkville? Not joking. I don't care about whether it's top 100, at least not at first.

Honestly with all of the engineering and tech jobs out there I would think we would have a decent alumni base.

Todd4State
10-17-2022, 12:08 AM
We were 5-3 and unranked in 1998. Wonder how that season finished up?

I'll say this now before we get skulldrug by Alabama- but we lost to LSU and Kentucky that year too. Hope it turns out the same even though it won't.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 12:59 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Quaoarsking again.

lastmajordog
10-18-2022, 07:37 PM
del

was21
10-18-2022, 08:04 PM
Doubt if it's about law or medicine versus engineering and vet medicine or anything else. It's about wanting to be vested in football. OM is, always has been, and State is not. OM likes baseball alright, but it's secondary to football. We do have more than a decent alumni base, they're just more into baseball than football. Here's a hint: the AD