PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Last Year Means Nothing Edition

Coach34
10-16-2022, 11:54 AM
1. Beautiful day for football. Watched my son play and get a dub- then came home to cook something good and watch some ball. Got the gumbo going and watched Lame and his O roll over Auburn in the 2nd half. They are very physical upfront and believe you win by #RTGDF. Win they do as they are now 7-0 disspelling the Elitedawg mantra of Lebby taking the playbook with him and leaving poor Lame helpless.

2. Speaking of #RTGDF, our enjoyment of watching us finally hand off some was short-lived. Much like Moorhead deciding to throw it 40 times in the Kentucky rain with Fitz in 2018, The Pirate went right back to the Airbone last night with 37 passes to 7 runs. Seven handoffs last night. Our RB's had 7 carries for 30 yards. Defenses want you to be one dimensional and that we were.

3. It was easy to see the differences in the QB's last night. CC24 brings up the opposite hash throw as a measure of checking arm strength and he is correct about it. We were on the left hash in the 1st Q I believe or early 2nd and Will tried to make a throw to the opposite sideling. You could just see the lack of arm strength as it went incomplete out of bounds. Will is the smarter player- you can see that also. Levis just has tremendous talent. He can flip it 50 yards off his back foot. He made a throw for a 1st down with one of our guys hanging on him. Easy to see why he will be a Top 10 pick. He disspelled the Elitedawg mantra of "we picked him 3 times last year. He is garbage". 17/23 last night for 230 yards.

4. Kentucky said the hell with the 3-8 sit back and wait on mistakes. They forced the issue with various zone blitzes that confused us. They made sure to rush 4 but brought them from different places. They were physical and we had trouble matching it. They played harder with more urgency. While officially it was only 1 sack and 1 Hurry, their front was very disruptive to us offensively. 225 yards of offense on only 47 plays. 10 offensive points. Last year vs us and even last week meant nothing.

5. Kentucky had been having OL problems and had looked soft this season at times. They were not doing a good job of #RTGDF. 13th in the SEC in rushing O. 13th in the conference. Last night? 48/239 yards. 5.0 per. 2 rushing TD's. Their OC told the TV crew all he needed to do was add some more TE heavy sets to handle us and they damn sure did. It's very concerning that a team handled us like that with that one simple adjustment. They played their conservative brand of football last night- run the ball, make a few throws, and burn clock.

6. The D did a couple of good things by getting us a couple of turnovers. Stripping the WR killed one of their drives thank goodness early on. Excellent job of doing that in traffic on a young WR. That was likely talked about in film during the week. The Pick 6 was 13 making a play on Kentucky stupidity. Went to the well one too many times.

7. Punt shank, penalty of return....more same ol same ol. No missed XP's or FG's but still ST mistakes that continue to plague us.

8. 478 yards to our 230. That was just simply a beatdown. The score was closer than the actual game. Bama is physical. Georgia is physical. Mississippi is physical. I've seen this movie over and over it ends with us 7-5. Very disappointing with the veteran team we have. A 2-2 October will not be what this team needed.

9. Big loss for the season. We have had 2 night SEC tests and failed both miserably. Life on the road in the SEC is tough and we have Bammer and Mississippi left there. Not a lot of optimism right now. A return trip to Memphis is always fun huh?

10. Gotta give Heupel and Lame alot of credit. Heup has rebuilt Tenn into a contender again. His offense is very good and they play hard every time they take the field. They lack some talent on D but work hard to overcome it. Lame is doing the same at Mississippi but on a lower shelf. Not quite a national contender but a solid top 20 football team. They are 21-4 in their last 25 games. Close your eyes and ignore all you want- but he is doing a much better job than Leach. No coach has survived losing 3 straight Eggs in the last 60 years or so- altho a 7-5 Leach likely does. But another loss makes Leach pretty damn awful in rivalry games. That's not good for programs in the South.

DEDawg
10-16-2022, 12:00 PM
I will say about point 3; anyone who has trying to compare Will to Levis this season should have no doubt now. Head to head it wasn't close. Will is an average college QB, Levis is a legit 1st round prospect.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 12:17 PM
Will made several across the field throws on outs last night. But dont bring that up. Bring up the one incompletion. Levis still is extremely overrated. He hands the ball off 75 percent of the time. I will give him credit for playing thru pain. The rest I am fine with. We will beat OM. They will lose 5

BoomBoom
10-16-2022, 12:29 PM
The problem I see with this offense, is that it is way too easy to knock it off balance and reduce us to complete ineffectiveness.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 12:37 PM
We are in a bad spot right now. Until we get rid of the baseball co?k sucker AD we aren?t ever going to be serious about football

Ole miss is out everythinging is rn

We won a national title in baseball and THEN THEY TURN AROUND AND DO IT THE NEXT ****ING YEAR.

Something gotta change man . Something gotta change. 3 Star Willy doesn?t deserve any respect because he?s a 3rd year player and still doing this shit.

When we lose I at least want to look competent. We look lost. We look badly coached.

6-6 with a blow out loss to Lame and an announcment of another extension in oxford with their New NIL shit And leach is gone.

What a joke man. We are going to be battling Arkansas to stay away from last place for the next couple years

Also , yes , if KJ Jefferson played , Arkansas beats us.

We are done .

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 12:38 PM
on point 10

- UT has better talent than we do throughout that offense. Every WR that starts and gets most of the rotation are 4 and 5 stars with a 4 star QB throwing it to them. That OL is 4 and 5 star guys. Their whole DL rotation is too. Their DBs has three 4 stars. Their LBs are three stars, but why are their 3 stars a lack of talent but ours are bomb!?

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 12:39 PM
We are in a bad spot right now. Until we get rid of the baseball co?k sucker AD we aren?t ever going to be serious about football

Ole miss is out everythinging is rn

We won a national title in baseball and THEN THEY TURN AROUND AND DO IT THE NEXT ****ING YEAR.

Something gotta change man . Something gotta change. 3 Star Willy doesn?t deserve any respect because he?s a 3rd year player and still doing this shit.

When we lose I at least want to look competent. We look lost. We look badly coached.

6-6 with a blow out loss to Lame and an announcment of another extension in oxford with their New NIL shit And leach is gone.

What a joke man. We are going to be battling Arkansas to stay away from last place for the next couple years

Also , yes , if KJ Jefferson played , Arkansas beats us.

We are done .

LOL!

Coach34
10-16-2022, 12:44 PM
on point 10

- UT has better talent than we do throughout that offense. Every WR that starts and gets most of the rotation are 4 and 5 stars with a 4 star QB throwing it to them. That OL is 4 and 5 star guys. Their whole DL rotation is too. Their DBs has three 4 stars. Their LBs are three stars, but why are their 3 stars a lack of talent but ours are bomb!?

I thought the Air Raid evened the playing field? That's what I have heard for 3 years now. Was Kentucky and is Mississippi alot more talented than us?

Sounds like we need to recruit better

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 12:56 PM
We crapped all over ourselves last night. Arnett may have had his worst game as our dc last night. We never adjusted and they killed us. We had them in third down all night and couldn't get off the field. This team has been so good at situational football all year on both sides of the ball but not last night. This team has shown they can be really good and also bad. Just To inconsistent. We can still have a very good season. Beating Om is a must. Last night sucked there aint no doubt about it. But I'm always a Dawg and I'll keep coming back.

parabrave
10-16-2022, 01:03 PM
KY had a gimp QB last night and decided to Ram the ball down our throat and that's exactly what they did. Now the defense played well through the 1st 2 1/2 QTRs but finally petered out because of being on the field the entire game. As for that shitshow of an offense apparently Stoops watched the LSU film and brought the pressure because WR looked like a deer along the Trace at night. WR forgot about extending the play and like someone said on an earlier thread even when he had time he would look for the dumpoff. Losing Sharp really hurt and just told us how weak our Oline depth is. Even Matt was commented how Cross looked out of place and lost last night.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 01:06 PM
I thought the Air Raid evened the playing field? That's what I have heard for 3 years now. Was Kentucky and is Mississippi alot more talented than us?

Your response doesn't make sense in the context. You stated they lacked some talent on defense but work hard to over come it. I laid out what they have on defense and you respond with Air Raid evens the playing field. Well, It does help as you can see because an Air Raid beat Bama with less talent at home. UT's Roster is nowhere near Bama's.

Now if you want to compare UT's offensive roster to MSU's, I already did that. How many 5 star WRs that are sr's on our team? How many 4 stars? What's the OL stars look like. We are competitive with less. We had opportunity to beat LSU and UK and our future is brighter than the current starting roles.

Sounds like we need to recruit better

Pony up then because in this era of NCAA that is what it's going to take to increase that

Coach34
10-16-2022, 01:28 PM
If Tenn’s offense is the “Air Raid” then everybody runs the Air Raid

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 01:35 PM

Ok. Btw... we are in the process of flipping a FL 4 star from a 7A school.

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=BlackSailsDawg;1457368]Your response doesn't make sense in the context. You stated they lacked some talent on defense but work hard to over come it. I laid out what they have on defense and you respond with Air Raid evens the playing field. Well, It does help as you can see because an Air Raid beat Bama with less talent at home. UT's Roster is nowhere near Bama's.

Now if you want to compare UT's offensive roster to MSU's, I already did that. How many 5 star WRs that are sr's on our team? How many 4 stars? What's the OL stars look like. We are competitive with less. We had opportunity to beat LSU and UK and our future is brighter than the current starting roles.

Pony up then because in this era of NCAA that is what it's going to take to increase that[/QUOTE
Not a flame just a serious question. What is this brighter future you speak of? We are in a year when things should be rolling.

Our talent on D has been on a dive since the decade of dominance. Remember talent like Cox, Jones, Simmons, Sweat, Abram, Bmac, KJ, and company? We ain't attracting that kind of talent now and it is starting to show.

Will in year 3 setting records but the team is anemic too much of the time. CML has shown he can adapt but isn't really willing. UT Heupel has adapted and winning.

Again not a flame, looking for a reason for the hope you have. I'm not seeing it.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 01:45 PM
If Tenn?s offense is the ?Air Raid? then everybody runs the Air Raid

I'm pretty sure there are a good bit of Air Raid concepts in Heupel's offense but they did run more than they passed for sure. On the other hand, Bama passed 62% of the time themselves.

FWIW ... Dillon looked gimpy last night and didn't seem to play as much or be as effective when he did play either. IMO he is our best all around RB, especially as a rusher. He has better vision, sees holes better, makes people miss better, and has more power too than Marks. Our running game works much better when he's toting the rock. But even at that .. he's not as good all-around as either TN's RB or Bama's, even when healthy.

Of course those 2 backs usually have bigger holes to run through too. Those 2 teams block much better, especially out wide and on the 2nd level.

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 01:45 PM

True that. UT and MSU O is apples and oranges. No one runs the Leach version for a reason. No one runs the wish bone either but the spread option is a small piece of it.

CoachT14
10-16-2022, 01:49 PM
If Tenn?s offense is the ?Air Raid? then everybody runs the Air Raid

I?m so tired of seeing everyone talk about the Leach Coaching Tree, etc. and all these other teams running the air raid.

Leach is such a genius that all these guys that worked under him or use some form of Air Raid system are way more successful running his ?offense?. They diversified what Leach started and he?s been left behind. That?s the reality we are living in. Every time BSD brings up some other from of Air Raid it?s from guys who employ the Air Raid scheme entirely different from what we do here.

- Riley
- Heupel
- Dykes
- Holgerson
- Kingsbury
- Gundy
- Anae @ Syracuse
- Briles
- Kittley @ Texas Tech

I?m sure I could name more. Everyone of those coaches that run Air Raid do something completely different than Leach. They make a concerted effort to run the ball and establish it. When we do, it works. But guess what. It?s a rarity that we do. We can heem and haw about how great his coaching tree is and how the concepts are everywhere. But there?s a reason those coaches are more successful than Leach. They took what works exceptionally well and meshed it with a modernized running game.

parabrave
10-16-2022, 01:56 PM
I?m so tired of seeing everyone talk about the Leach Coaching Tree, etc. and all these other teams running the air raid.

Leach is such a genius that all these guys that worked under him or use some form of Air Raid system are way more successful running his ?offense?. They diversified what Leach started and he?s been left behind. That?s the reality we are living in. Every time BSD brings up some other from of Air Raid it?s from guys who employ the Air Raid scheme entirely different from what we do here.

- Riley
- Heupel
- Dykes
- Holgerson
- Kingsbury
- Gundy
- Anae @ Syracuse
- Briles
- Kittley @ Texas Tech

I?m sure I could name more. Everyone of those coaches that run Air Raid do something completely different than Leach. They make a concerted effort to run the ball and establish it. When we do, it works. But guess what. It?s a rarity that we do. We can heem and haw about how great his coaching tree is and how the concepts are everywhere. But there?s a reason those coaches are more successful than Leach. They took what works exceptionally well and meshed it with a modernized running game.

Heupel runs more of a 2015 version of Mullen/

Cowbell
10-16-2022, 01:58 PM
Levis played through injury but he looks like Carson Wentz out there. That one deep ball he through has way too much air under it and was way under thrown. And he's not accurate short range.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 02:04 PM
Heupel runs more of a 2015 version of Mullen/

Not sure why you think that. In 2015 we had no rushing attack at all. Majority of it was check downs to short slants, hooks/curls, outs, etc. The only real deep threat was Fred Ross.

Heupel is employing a much greater arsenal and has the personnel to run it. You may have meant 2014 tho ... that would be closer to what Heupel is running.

parabrave
10-16-2022, 02:16 PM
Not sure why you think that. In 2015 we had no rushing attack at all. Majority of it was check downs to short slants, hooks/curls, outs, etc. The only real deep threat was Fred Ross.

Heupel is employing a much greater arsenal and has the personnel to run it. You may have meant 2014 tho ... that would be closer to what Heupel is running.

Well yep.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 02:18 PM
1. Beautiful day for football. Watched my son play and get a dub- then came home to cook something good and watch some ball. Got the gumbo going and watched Lame and his O roll over Auburn in the 2nd half. They are very physical upfront and believe you win by #RTGDF. Win they do as they are now 7-0 disspelling the Elitedawg mantra of Lebby taking the playbook with him and leaving poor Lame helpless.

2. Speaking of #RTGDF, our enjoyment of watching us finally hand off some was short-lived. Much like Moorhead deciding to throw it 40 times in the Kentucky rain with Fitz in 2018, The Pirate went right back to the Airbone last night with 37 passes to 7 runs. Seven handoffs last night. Our RB's had 7 carries for 30 yards. Defenses want you to be one dimensional and that we were.

3. It was easy to see the differences in the QB's last night. CC24 brings up the opposite hash throw as a measure of checking arm strength and he is correct about it. We were on the left hash in the 1st Q I believe or early 2nd and Will tried to make a throw to the opposite sideling. You could just see the lack of arm strength as it went incomplete out of bounds. Will is the smarter player- you can see that also. Levis just has tremendous talent. He can flip it 50 yards off his back foot. He made a throw for a 1st down with one of our guys hanging on him. Easy to see why he will be a Top 10 pick. He disspelled the Elitedawg mantra of "we picked him 3 times last year. He is garbage". 17/23 last night for 230 yards.

4. Kentucky said the hell with the 3-8 sit back and wait on mistakes. They forced the issue with various zone blitzes that confused us. They made sure to rush 4 but brought them from different places. They were physical and we had trouble matching it. They played harder with more urgency. While officially it was only 1 sack and 1 Hurry, their front was very disruptive to us offensively. 225 yards of offense on only 47 plays. 10 offensive points. Last year vs us and even last week meant nothing.

5. Kentucky had been having OL problems and had looked soft this season at times. They were not doing a good job of #RTGDF. 13th in the SEC in rushing O. 13th in the conference. Last night? 48/239 yards. 5.0 per. 2 rushing TD's. Their OC told the TV crew all he needed to do was add some more TE heavy sets to handle us and they damn sure did. It's very concerning that a team handled us like that with that one simple adjustment. They played their conservative brand of football last night- run the ball, make a few throws, and burn clock.

6. The D did a couple of good things by getting us a couple of turnovers. Stripping the WR killed one of their drives thank goodness early on. Excellent job of doing that in traffic on a young WR. That was likely talked about in film during the week. The Pick 6 was 13 making a play on Kentucky stupidity. Went to the well one too many times.

7. Punt shank, penalty of return....more same ol same ol. No missed XP's or FG's but still ST mistakes that continue to plague us.

8. 478 yards to our 230. That was just simply a beatdown. The score was closer than the actual game. Bama is physical. Georgia is physical. Mississippi is physical. I've seen this movie over and over it ends with us 7-5. Very disappointing with the veteran team we have. A 2-2 October will not be what this team needed.

9. Big loss for the season. We have had 2 night SEC tests and failed both miserably. Life on the road in the SEC is tough and we have Bammer and Mississippi left there. Not a lot of optimism right now. A return trip to Memphis is always fun huh?

10. Gotta give Heupel and Lame alot of credit. Heup has rebuilt Tenn into a contender again. His offense is very good and they play hard every time they take the field. They lack some talent on D but work hard to overcome it. Lame is doing the same at Mississippi but on a lower shelf. Not quite a national contender but a solid top 20 football team. They are 21-4 in their last 25 games. Close your eyes and ignore all you want- but he is doing a much better job than Leach. No coach has survived losing 3 straight Eggs in the last 60 years or so- altho a 7-5 Leach likely does. But another loss makes Leach pretty damn awful in rivalry games. That's not good for programs in the South.

Yeah and if I remember correctly, 2018 was the game Benny Snell shoved it up our wazoo with about 175 rushing yards. Deja vu huh

Coach34
10-16-2022, 02:20 PM
Levis played through injury but he looks like Carson Wentz out there. That one deep ball he through has way too much air under it and was way under thrown. And he's not accurate short range.

Levis underthrew it on purpose to make sure it was complete the guy was so wide open

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=BlackSailsDawg;1457368]Your response doesn't make sense in the context. You stated they lacked some talent on defense but work hard to over come it. I laid out what they have on defense and you respond with Air Raid evens the playing field. Well, It does help as you can see because an Air Raid beat Bama with less talent at home. UT's Roster is nowhere near Bama's.

Pony up then because in this era of NCAA that is what it's going to take to increase that[/QUOTE
Not a flame just a serious question. What is this brighter future you speak of? We are in a year when things should be rolling.

Our talent on D has been on a dive since the decade of dominance. Remember talent like Cox, Jones, Simmons, Sweat, Abram, Bmac, KJ, and company? We ain't attracting that kind of talent now and it is starting to show.

Will in year 3 setting records but the team is anemic too much of the time. CML has shown he can adapt but isn't really willing. UT Heupel has adapted and winning.

Again not a flame, looking for a reason for the hope you have. I'm not seeing it.

CML does run the ball. That's history.

As for why I'm happy to have hope. We have 25 four stars. https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Team/Mississippi-State-Bulldogs-Football-180/Roster/ Of those 25, 11 are freshmen. That's huge for an MSU team. 4 aree Jrs and 2 are SO.

I look at the past, the last 2 years of Mullen and the Jomo years, and I see major issues:

- Mullen left us lacking in several areas and thought he was out the door before he was. Leach is not that guy. He is recruiting at a higher level on offense and he isn't looking for the next big thing. That means he is willing to build a program with us.

- Jomo left us even worse. He inherited a team that was out of control. Tutorgate. Players walking off practice because they wanted to. Fights. Regardless of why it happened, we allowed a player that put out his on QB in a fist fight to play in the bowl. That's a total team lost. Leach inherited that in a COVID year. I never went into it thinking it was going to be a 1 or 2 year fix.

To his credit, Leach did what the playrs forced him to do. dismiss them. That left the Roster depleted, but it cut the cancer off and the team from that point has improved. What is a bonus to that is that from here out, most positions will have been in the system for 3 years before getting the start. That means we can utilize the portal more efficiently.

Does that mean I excuse everything? Nope. But I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water either. This is the LEAST talented team (ceiling wise) that Leach will have at MSU. (look at those So and freshmen).

Sawyer Robertson
Trevion Williams
Marquez Dortch
John Lewis
Hunter Washington
Antonio Harmon
Jordan Mosley
Jacarius Clayton
Ke'Travion Hargrove
Braedyn Locke
Zavion Thomas
Javae Gilmore (right at a 4 star)

Sawyer is the highest rate QB we have ever gotten.

This class as Jrs and SRs is the measuring stick.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure there are a good bit of Air Raid concepts in Heupel's offense but they did run more than they passed for sure. On the other hand, Bama passed 62% of the time themselves.

FWIW ... Dillon looked gimpy last night and didn't seem to play as much or be as effective when he did play either. IMO he is our best all around RB, especially as a rusher. He has better vision, sees holes better, makes people miss better, and has more power too than Marks. Our running game works much better when he's toting the rock. But even at that .. he's not as good all-around as either TN's RB or Bama's, even when healthy.

Of course those 2 backs usually have bigger holes to run through too. Those 2 teams block much better, especially out wide and on the 2nd level.

It's the back bone of his offense. Just because the few here had a preconceived idea that all he does is pass doesn't make them right. Leach runs the ball as his history has been shown on this message board by those who have bothered to follow or look it up.

yes, Johnson left the game with a limp. yes, we lost our starting center and had to shuffle. Yes, Marks HAS been playing injured through several games.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 02:37 PM

- Riley
- Heupel
- Dykes
- Holgerson
- Kingsbury
- Gundy
- Anae @ Syracuse
- Briles
- Kittley @ Texas Tech

Every coach adds their own thoughts to it, but no... Leach history shows that when he has the tools, he runs it. You can't change that history. Just because one stop at a very low level recruiting place didn't always have the tools doesn't make it true over all. More so, When leach's time is done, we will be set for the future with the roster.

173 yards vs Ark and 144 vs TAMu says HELLO MR NOT ACCURATE!

we have been running it more all year. Just because we had injuries and missteps last night doesn't mean that we have abandoned anything

WSOPdawg
10-16-2022, 02:41 PM

This ^^^ is the BEST thing I've read on here in a long time (not that it hasn't been said many times over, but in the way it is said). I don't like him, don't respect him and think he's bad for MSU athletics. Show him the door yesterday, please!!!

Oh yeah, rep given.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=R2Dawg;1457381]

As for why I'm happy to have hope. We have 25 four stars. https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Team/Mississippi-State-Bulldogs-Football-180/Roster/ Of those 25, 11 are freshmen. That's huge for an MSU team. 4 aree Jrs and 2 are SO.

I look at the past, the last 2 years of Mullen and the Jomo years, and I see major issues:

- Mullen left us lacking in several areas and thought he was out the door before he was. Leach is not that guy. He is recruiting at a higher level on offense and he isn't looking for the next big thing. That means he is willing to build a program with us.

- Jomo left us even worse. He inherited a team that was out of control. Tutorgate. Players walking off practice because they wanted to. Fights. Regardless of why it happened, we allowed a player that put out his on QB in a fist fight to play in the bowl. That's a total team lost. Leach inherited that in a COVID year. I never went into it thinking it was going to be a 1 or 2 year fix.

To his credit, Leach did what the playrs forced him to do. dismiss them. That left the Roster depleted, but it cut the cancer off and the team from that point has improved. What is a bonus to that is that from here out, most positions will have been in the system for 3 years before getting the start. That means we can utilize the portal more efficiently.

Does that mean I excuse everything? Nope. But I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water either. This is the LEAST talented team (ceiling wise) that Leach will have at MSU. (look at those So and freshmen).

Sawyer Robertson
Trevion Williams
Marquez Dortch
John Lewis
Hunter Washington
Antonio Harmon
Jordan Mosley
Jacarius Clayton
Ke'Travion Hargrove
Braedyn Locke
Zavion Thomas

JoMo didn't inherit a team that was "out of control". It became that way in his 2nd year after most of the Sr leadership from the 1st year graduated, with several going pro. And Jeff Simmons, another really good Jr leader, went pro that year too. It started going south IMO when JoMo sat Aeris and pandered to Kylin, and also coddled Guidry.

I'm not for sure how good we are or are not recruiting. Leach has done more with less and is a good developer. Dan did those things too and you saw the result the 1st time in year 6, with really average to poor recruiting classes. Would've really seen it good IMO 4 years later too, with his highest ranked 2015 recruiting class all being Srs. He did good in 2010 (year 2) but we still only finished 4-4 in SEC play.

So I trust Leach to be able to evaluate potential and develop players, but he does need time to get his guys in there and do that. That also includes finding or developing guys that will step up and be leaders, which I'm thinking is a key element we're missing now. And he also needs to use NIL & JCs to supplement, like Mullen did via JCs with 2010 team & 2017/18 teams.

Dawgology
10-16-2022, 03:33 PM
The problem I see with this offense, is that it is way too easy to knock it off balance and reduce us to complete ineffectiveness.

Thats the QB. Not the offense.

msu15
10-16-2022, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=R2Dawg;1457381]

Sawyer Robertson
Trevion Williams
Marquez Dortch
John Lewis
Hunter Washington
Antonio Harmon
Jordan Mosley
Jacarius Clayton
Ke'Travion Hargrove
Braedyn Locke
Zavion Thomas

About half of that list won't be at MSU to be juniors and seniors due to the transfer portal.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 07:41 PM
Ok. Btw... we are in the process of flipping a FL 4 star from a 7A school.

Like I said...

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=BlackSailsDawg;1457403]

About half of that list won't be at MSU to be juniors and seniors due to the transfer portal.

Opinion only. So far, under Leach they have stayed put unless told other wise... AKA the Bama WR booted from the team

msu15
10-16-2022, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=msu15;1457456]

Opinion only. So far, under Leach they have stayed put unless told other wise... AKA the Bama WR booted from the team
Yep and just like your opinion that they will be here that long is opinion only. However, mine is more rotted in fact because A) no way due Locke and Sawyer both hang around because QB's nowadays want to start more than one season and B) every program loses about 10 players a year now due to the transfer portal. We lost over 10 at the end of last season and that is now the norm. Keep your head in the sand though.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=BlackSailsDawg;1457508]
Yep and just like your opinion that they will be here that long is opinion only. However, mine is more rotted in fact because A) no way due Locke and Sawyer both hang around because QB's nowadays want to start more than one season and B) every program loses about 10 players a year now due to the transfer portal. We lost over 10 at the end of last season and that is now the norm. Keep your head in the sand though.

I did not offer an opinion on how long they would stay. I only pointed out that of our 25 4 stars, 11 are freshmen, 2 are So, and 4 are Jrs.

Again, the staff is doing well in meeting the needs.

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=BlackSailsDawg;1457508]

We flipped a white WR. I'm sure he is Wes Welker and will tear up the SEC with his incredible talent much like Williams has

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=msu15;1457512]

We flipped a white WR. I'm sure he is Wes Welker and will tear up the SEC with his incredible talent much like Williams has

I'm sorry... Did you just use the term WHITE as if that's some sort of negative? Could you be a little less asshole-ish?

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;1457529]

I'm sorry... Did you just use the term WHITE as if that's some sort of negative? Could you be a little less asshole-ish?

Yes. I dont want white WR's or TB's. They are garbage

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=BlackSailsDawg;1457531]

Yes. I dont want white WR's or TB's. They are garbage

You racist pig! Period. You should be banned for it.

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;1457533]

ok Clown. I'll text my mixed heritage kids you said that.

What you gonna ask for next- basketball recruits from India and Indonesia? Hockey players from Costa Rica?

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=BlackSailsDawg;1457538]

ok Clown. I'll text my mixed heritage kids you said that.

What you gonna ask for next- basketball recruits from India and Indonesia? Hockey players from Costa Rica?

I don't give one ounce about your background in race. What you stated was a factual inaccuracy and racist! I don't give DAMN WHAT RACE you are. I'm not the CLOWN!!! and I can assure you nobody at this point see me in this conversation as the clown!

You should be banned and you should never coach because you base ability on race! PATHETIC!

RezDog7
10-16-2022, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;1457533]

Kupp and McCaffrey say. What a dumb ass take.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:50 PM

You mean ability is not racist orientated?

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:53 PM

So the 1% is smart and ignoring the other 99% is dumb? Ok Clown. I sure you bet against the Kenyans in the Boston Marathon too huh?

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=RezDog7;1457552]

So the 1% is smart and ignoring the other 99% is dumb? Ok Clown. I sure you bet against the Kenyans in the Boston Marathon too huh?

No.. Being a racist is dumb (aka YOU!!!!) and pointing it out is smart. I'm just happy you admitted to not being an actual coach!

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 09:01 PM
That doesnt seem like something 34 would say. That is really odd

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;1457558]

No.. Being a racist is dumb (aka YOU!!!!) and pointing it out is smart. I'm just happy you admitted to not being an actual coach!

Dude- I bake my heart out everyday and put my soul on the table for people to grab and eat. Dont shit on that

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:04 PM
That doesnt seem like something 34 would say. That is really odd

Yet he said it... and now I am being told he is ACTUALLY a coach. WOW!

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:05 PM
Yet he said it... and now I am being told he is ACTUALLY a coach. WOW!

You really seem like you need an apple crumble

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:06 PM
You really seem like you need an apple crumble

No, you need God you racist pig. Everybody sees you now. EVERYBODY!

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:08 PM
If I bake you a chocolate pie naked- will you forgive me?

TUSK
10-16-2022, 09:09 PM
No, you need God you racist pig. Everybody sees you now. EVERYBODY!

Dude, lighten up throwin' 'round "racist"... C34 is A LOT of things, "racist" ain't one of 'em, buddy.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:09 PM
If I bake you a chocolate pie naked- will you forgive me?

I mean school board and all. How's that? You have no need to be around kids with a racist attitude like that.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:10 PM
Dude, lighten up throwin' 'round "racist"... C34 is A LOT of things, "racist" ain't one of 'em, buddy.

As I stated. When you state white people are trash at WR and TB simply because they are white. YES SIR. That's racist.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?93542-It-may-get-me-banned-but-when-a-poster-uses-race-to-demonize-they-should-be-banned

There are most of his comments. Can't tell me that is not racist.

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:12 PM

This is a joke account. No reason to treat it as other way

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:13 PM
This is a joke account. No reason to treat it as other way

No it isn't. As explained by people.

TUSK
10-16-2022, 09:14 PM
As I stated. When you state white people are trash at WR and TB simply because they are white. YES SIR. That's racist.

No, it's "prejudiced" perhaps even "bigoted", but it ain't "racist"...

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:14 PM

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?93542-It-may-get-me-banned-but-when-a-poster-uses-race-to-demonize-they-should-be-banned

There are most of his comments. Can't tell me that is not racist.

Truth hurts and people want to scream racism. Next thing ya know you want to recruit a track team from Germany or Norway

TUSK
10-16-2022, 09:16 PM
Truth hurts and people want to scream racism. Next thing ya know you want to recruit a track team from Germany

I'll put my Guatemalan Track Team up 'gainst your Krauts, any day!

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:17 PM
Truth hurts and people want to scream racism. Next thing ya know you want to recruit a track team from Germany

Man you used race to disqualify a person. Don't care who you are that is racism. You didn't back off it. Still have yet to back track it. And now you are doubling down on it. WHAT a POS! WOW.. I can not believe you are allowed to post... let alone coach young kids!

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:21 PM
Man you used race to disqualify a person. Don't care who you are that is racism. You didn't back off it. Still have yet to back track it. And now you are doubling down on it. WHAT a POS! WOW.. I can not believe you are allowed to post... let alone coach young kids!

Well Sir you will just have to live with it. My Company sponsors a midget team of men that clean ceilings. Your Insane ramblings doesnt stop progress

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 09:30 PM
Well ... I'm gonna trust Leach and staff on recruiting and see where we're at a couple of years from now.

Having said that ... I ain't incredibly excited about a 5'11" 175 lb white WR, if that's what position we're recruiting him to play. He better be a Wes Welker type and ... those are incredibly rare. But since Leach coached Welker ... he oughtta know.

I don't give a shit if he's purple ... if he's fast and a Bama or GA backer can't cover him at all and he gives corners some fits too, and can catch and doesn't mind getting hit, then sign him up. No offense to Austin but ... we need someone faster than him in that position really.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 09:33 PM
Well ... I'm gonna trust Leach and staff on recruiting and see where we're at a couple of years from now.

Having said that ... I ain't incredibly excited about a 5'11" 175 lb white WR, if that's what position we're recruiting him to play. He better be a Wes Welker type and ... those are incredibly rare.

I don't give a shit if he's purple ... if he's fast and a Bama or GA backer can't cover him at all and he gives corners some fits too, then sign him up. No offense to Austin but ... we need someone faster than him in that position really.

Well he's a legit 10.8 100 meter guy. He may not can catch anything but he's fast and an athlete. He's a qb in hs and he's quick as a cat. He may suck when he gets here but he's got some tools. We should never cull anyone with this kinda speed

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:34 PM
No, it's "prejudiced" perhaps even "bigoted", but it ain't "racist"...

Sure it is. It's literally the definition of it:

rac?ist
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: racist

prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group

100% is! I'm shocked anybody would be defending those comments. How many players growing up were pushed aside over his "belief" and never given the opportunity? Do you know? No you dont. All you know is that he believes white people are trash at WR and TB and it's based on race.

basedog
10-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Well he's a legit 10.8 100 meter guy. He may not can catch anything but he's fast and an athlete. He's a qb in hs and he's quick as a cat. He may suck when he gets here but he's got some tools. We should never cull anyone with this kinda speed

And we need speed badly.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Well Sir you will just have to live with it. My Company sponsors a midget team of men that clean ceilings. Your Insane ramblings doesnt stop progress

I'm not the one with INSANE ramblings and I'm sure you don't just coach a midget team.

from what I am being told by members!

Coach34
10-16-2022, 09:36 PM
Sure it is. It's literally the definition of it:

rac?ist
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: racist

prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group

100% is! I'm shocked anybody would be defending those comments. How many players growing up were pushed aside over his "belief" and never given the opportunity? Do you know? No you dont. All you know is that he believes white people are trash at WR and TB and it's based on race.

Awesome post. You are now my favorite troll on Elite.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:37 PM

He is from a family of WRs. His dad and his brother are/were Wrs. He runs a 4.5.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:38 PM

I'm not trolling. I am pointing out your racism. period. and many people see it and agree with it.

TUSK

I'm offended.

dawgday166

I saw his HS Soph highlights. Hard to tell from those. And as I edited my earlier statement ... Leach coached Welker so he should know as well as just about anyone.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 09:39 PM
And we need speed badly.

Exactly

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:53 PM

Finding out that is not the case. Seems that the messages I am getting are correct!

starkvegasdawg
10-16-2022, 09:53 PM
I'm offended.

Why can't we all just get along?

TUSK
10-16-2022, 09:56 PM

Well done.

repped.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:57 PM

The overwhelming portion of the USA does. There is always the few that pop their heads up to make stupid comments like Coach34 did. White people are trash at WR and TB. That's simply not acceptable. Especially when his position in life is over kids that HE determines who gets to do what.

You really find that ok?

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 10:07 PM

There's an old song from the 70s by, ironically, the band War, "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends" lol

TUSK
10-16-2022, 10:11 PM
There's an old song from the 70s by, ironically, the band War, "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends" lol

Kumba Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah........

msu15
10-16-2022, 10:21 PM

Not this week pal. We maybe Marvin Martian and our atomic ray gun going up against the gates of Hell, but at least we'll get one shot off when the door opens!!

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 10:22 PM

Lol!

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 10:22 PM

Peace and love lol

starkvegasdawg
10-16-2022, 10:26 PM

Rep right back at you.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 10:41 PM

Do you know RollTideWillie

TUSK
10-16-2022, 11:17 PM
Do you know RollTideWillie

I know a RollTideBruce, a RollTideJerry, and a RollTideBill.... you mean Bill?*

ArrowDawg
10-17-2022, 01:13 AM

That's why I didn't like the Leach hire. Being tough and physical on both sides of the ball has always been our culture. It's how we have to be to get the most out of our program. We have to play defense, stop the run, and always be able to run the ball on offense. Now we're soft-as-Charmin pansies. We'll finesse enough teams to death to get bowl eligible, but anybody who challenges our manhood will murder us and prevent us from ever "taking the next step."

parabrave
10-17-2022, 01:19 AM
That's why I didn't like the Leach hire. Being tough and physical on both sides of the ball has always been our culture. It's how we have to be to get the most out of our program. We have to play defense, stop the run, and always be able to run the ball on offense. Now we're soft-as-Charmin pansies. We'll finesse enough teams to death to get bowl eligible, but anybody who challenges our manhood will murder us and prevent us from ever "taking the next step."

Thing is the last 2 weeks we were physical, on both sides of the ball. Of course that was Johnson and Marks running over people. On defense we were knocking the snot out of the opposing players. Last night on the 1st play from scrimmage Dillon ran through the KY defense and got 16 yards. Then everything went to shit and we reverted to the LSU game..

RezDog7
10-17-2022, 09:39 AM

Your company, you still selling coffee?

PMDawg
10-17-2022, 12:08 PM
We crapped all over ourselves last night. Arnett may have had his worst game as our dc last night. We never adjusted and they killed us. We had them in third down all night and couldn't get off the field. This team has been so good at situational football all year on both sides of the ball but not last night. This team has shown they can be really good and also bad. Just To inconsistent. We can still have a very good season. Beating Om is a must. Last night sucked there aint no doubt about it. But I'm always a Dawg and I'll keep coming back.

I have a hard time putting it on Arnett. Our DL is not good at all. Our tackling was a joke, and it was mostly lazy/poor effort. I guess you can put that on Arnett, but I don't think it was the playcalling.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 12:17 PM
I have a hard time putting it on Arnett. Our DL is not good at all. Our tackling was a joke, and it was mostly lazy/poor effort. I guess you can put that on Arnett, but I don't think it was the playcalling.

We never adjusted to their 2 te sets. Their oc told the tv guys that we'd have trouble with their 2 te sets because we ran the same personnel and same scheme, that's on Arnett to make adjustments and he didn't

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 12:58 PM
We never adjusted to their 2 te sets. Their oc told the tv guys that we'd have trouble with their 2 te sets because we ran the same personnel and same scheme, that's on Arnett to make adjustments and he didn't

We looked totally unprepared and never dreamed that they would use two TE sets. Maybe something we didn't cover in our "bad week of practice". Very disappointing.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 01:09 PM
We looked totally unprepared and never dreamed that they would use two TE sets. Maybe something we didn't cover in our "bad week of practice". Very disappointing.

Yep, we sucked big time and never tried to do anything different to stop them. You could tell from the get go their game plan was to run the ball, slow everything down, protect levis and only throw when absolutely necessary and yet we never adjusted. When you come out with 2 tes and fullback, you gotta know what they're planning to do.

ETA don't get me wrong, I really like Arnett, he's done a great job for us and he's young. I'm sure he'll learn from saturday night.