PDA

View Full Version : If Rick Ray lands Malik Newman......

Goat Holder
11-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Our 2015-2016 season will be his 4th, and will feature the likely one and done phenom freshman, and seniors Ware, Sword and Thomas. Ready will also be in his 3rd year. That's 4 guards and one forward, but oh well. Looks like Ray has/is going heavy on the guards. Who knows.

Damn I'm glad we're getting back to the Richard Williams style of MSU basketball. Hopefully we can land Newman.

C222
11-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Our 2015-2016 season will be his 4th, and will feature the likely one and done phenom freshman, and seniors Ware, Sword and Thomas. Ready will also be in his 3rd year. That's 4 guards and one forward, but oh well. Looks like Ray has/is going heavy on the guards. Who knows.

Damn I'm glad we're getting back to the Richard Williams style of MSU basketball. Hopefully we can land Newman.

Fallou will be a RS Soph by then. Hopefully he can contribute. But yeah, Ray needs to recruit some size.

Goat Holder
11-26-2013, 11:53 AM
JUCO would be a good route to go for PF and C, at least it has been in the past for us. NW FL and Chipola typically have good talent. I know Ray is in tight with the coach at NW FL.

smootness
11-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Fallou will be a RS Soph by then. Hopefully he can contribute. But yeah, Ray needs to recruit some size.

Daniels will also be a senior that year, and we'll have guys like Black and Houston who have some size as well. I get the feeling Ray doesn't want to recruit true back-to-the-basket post players.

msstate7
11-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Daniels will also be a senior that year, and we'll have guys like Black and Houston who have some size as well. I get the feeling Ray doesn't want to recruit true back-to-the-basket post players.

So Daniels is still in our plans?

smootness
11-26-2013, 01:48 PM
So Daniels is still in our plans?

Yes, he is supposed to be enrolling for the spring and will redshirt so he can still play 2 full years.

fishwater99
11-26-2013, 02:48 PM

We need a BIG MAN........

Madisonmd
11-26-2013, 05:02 PM
We need a lot of help! We have at least 3 signees or commitments that barely avg double digits.

Dawg61
11-26-2013, 05:56 PM
We need a BIG MAN........

Check out this guy Anthony Allen from Lamar State College, Port Arthur. He's 7'1 very athletic and has muscle. He led the nation in blocks last year as a freshman with over 5 a game and he's leading it again with 6.6 a game this year. He's also avg 9 rebounds and 12 points. http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/div1/players/anthonyallencgwd

He's in this clip too. #32, he gets a dunk. He's freakin HUGE. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hucEsMrw7aE

Oh and Joniah White hasn't signed with anyone yet. He AVERAGED 9.8 blocks last year.

Here's Joniah getting 3 blocks http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAxIC8iWI8

C222
11-26-2013, 05:57 PM
We are also looking at Willie Atwood. JUCO PF.