PDA

View Full Version : Which would you take: 7-5, 8-4, or 9-3 with conditions

Charlie_Sheen420
10-16-2022, 10:31 AM
I'm just curious how much wins over certain teams are valued over others here, so if you could pick one of these options for the finish of the season and knowing the conditions of each, which would you take?
1. 7-5 (with a victory over Ole Miss that keeps them from winning in the west being in that total, so assume we lose Auburn, Georgia, and Bama)
2. 8-4 (with a loss to a several loss Ole Miss, but we beat Auburn and pull 1 upset over Georgia or Bama)
3. 9-3 (we run the table until the Egg Bowl and lose to Ole Miss for a third time in a row, and this loss could potentially send Ole Miss to Atlanta)

Myself, I'm taking option 3 with a chance to get to 10 wins with a bowl game victory. I don't care about Ole Miss that much to sacrifice wins, especially wins over Bama and Georgia in the same year, even if that leads to Ole Miss going to Atlanta

klong-dog
10-16-2022, 10:36 AM
option 3 ain't happening lol. At Bama, coming off a loss? Let's hope we can keep it within 30. And just think Kentucky just laid the blue print. The Auburn game just became more of a toss up.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-16-2022, 10:40 AM
option 3 ain't happening lol. At Bama, coming off a loss? Let's hope we can keep it within 30. And just think Kentucky just laid the blue print. The Auburn game just became more of a toss up.
I know option 3 isn't happening, it's just a hypothetical, if you could pick one of the options which would it be. Realistically we are looking at 6-6/7-5 in reality

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 10:46 AM
You take the more wins over the fewer wins every time. 9-3 would be awesome.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 10:48 AM
I know option 3 isn't happening, it's just a hypothetical, if you could pick one of the options which would it be. Realistically we are looking at 6-6/7-5 in reality

We have such a pleasant fanbase here, that even when you preface it with "this is just a hypothetical" they can't resist the urge to put down our team.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 11:09 AM
Beat OM. Period

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 11:15 AM
Beat OM. Period

You would rather beat Ole Miss, than Auburn AND Georgia AND Alabama??

What the hell is wrong with you?

CadaverDawg
10-16-2022, 11:18 AM
Since we're stuck with Leach for a while, I guess I'm taking 7-5, so he can get the rival monkey off his back. We know #3 ain't happening, so 7-5 and keeping Ole Miss out of the SECC game is better than 8-4 and losing to those bastards again. Hell, we'd get the same shitty bowl game regardless, so at least let me enjoy beating those assholes and ruining their season.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2022, 11:25 AM
You would rather beat Ole Miss, than Auburn AND Georgia AND Alabama??

What the hell is wrong with you?

Probably so

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 11:29 AM
Probably so

There are literally no situations in which I ever would choose going 1-3 instead of 3-1 over the same 4 opponents, and it is unfathomable to me that anyone would think differently.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 11:32 AM
Yeah.. The wins

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2022, 12:10 PM
There are literally no situations in which I ever would choose going 1-3 instead of 3-1 over the same 4 opponents, and it is unfathomable to me that anyone would think differently.

Two of the major long-standing problems with MSU football 1) trying to copy what Bama does without Bama resources (we have been better about that one since the Croom Error); and 2) the constant dick measuring contest with Ole Miss. I get it, they are winning right now, and it sucks. They are our rival. But if you would rather go 7-5 than 9-3 under any circumstances, you are a fool.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 12:38 PM
I'm just curious how much wins over certain teams are valued over others here, so if you could pick one of these options for the finish of the season and knowing the conditions of each, which would you take?
1. 7-5 (with a victory over Ole Miss that keeps them from winning in the west being in that total, so assume we lose Auburn, Georgia, and Bama)
2. 8-4 (with a loss to a several loss Ole Miss, but we beat Auburn and pull 1 upset over Georgia or Bama)
3. 9-3 (we run the table until the Egg Bowl and lose to Ole Miss for a third time in a row, and this loss could potentially send Ole Miss to Atlanta)

Myself, I'm taking option 3 with a chance to get to 10 wins with a bowl game victory. I don't care about Ole Miss that much to sacrifice wins, especially wins over Bama and Georgia in the same year, even if that leads to Ole Miss going to Atlanta

Then 1 over 2 .