PDA

View Full Version : Last night did it for me for this season

starkvegasdawg
10-16-2022, 08:14 AM
I've been a MSU since birth and will be one when I leave this world, but last night did it for this season. Up until then I let nothing stop me from watching the games. My Saturdays were scheduled around them. That's now over for at least the rest of this season. It's fall, the leaves are changing and it's no longer Satan's balls hot outside. Too many other fun things I can do with the family to instead invest time watching them bow up and lay a giant deuce on the field. This team has talent and potential, but when it comes down to shit or get off the toilet, they choose to phone it in. There is no way in hell Kentucky is better than us. All we heard was how bad their offensive line was, but they pushed our shit in and made us like it all night. As I mentioned in other posts... they had more rushing yards than we had total yards. That is inexcusable. So for the rest of this season I will keep up with scores and I may still watch parts of games, but if it comes down to MSU football or roasting hotdogs and making s'mores over a bonfire with the family...not a hard decision to make. Agree with me or call me a bad fan - don't care either way.

Activated Alpha
10-16-2022, 09:22 AM
I don't think anyone would tell you that you are being a bad fan for choosing family time over watching our abominations of games. I agree in that after the LSU game I decided not to invest as much emotion or time into watching our games. I knew what would happen last night because recent history has shown us that we perform embarrassingly bad in Lexington. I have enjoyed just being with family this fall

basedog
10-16-2022, 09:46 AM
Enjoy starkvegas, I decided to not let Msu football interfere with other things to see or do. Last two weekends I have been busy, went to Grand Ole Opry, Noah's Ark and Natchez Ballon Festival with friends. I only kept up with scores on my phone, life is much more fun.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 10:05 AM
Imagine going through years and years of being an MSU fan and giving up when ... we're 5-2 and ranked but lost to another ranked team on the road.

Get a grip, people.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 10:12 AM
Imagine going through years and years of being an MSU fan and giving up when ... we're 5-2 and ranked but lost to another ranked team on the road.

Get a grip, people.

Life is what we make of it. Watching a game and making it a family day... yet letting the result make you so angry that it ruins family day, something is off from the get go. However, if you can't handle it and think it's better for your family, I applaud the decision. Life is short and family time with kids is short.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 10:20 AM
Life is what we make of it. Watching a game and making it a family day... yet letting the result make you so angry that it ruins family day, something is off from the get go. However, if you can't handle it and think it's better for your family, I applaud the decision. Life is short and family time with kids is short.

Well, in my house, we?re all Dawgs so we?re all pissed during family time when we lose like last night. Roll those $&@?! hot dogs on the grill son!! LOL!!

We likely will turn on the games but doubtful we will be as invested now.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2022, 10:30 AM
I'm with you. The weather up here in Tennessee is beautiful. The leaves are turning and beautiful. Cold at night and nice during the day. The fish are turning on with the fall pattern and the deer are moving. Time to stay outdoors and stop watching football AGAIN!!

WSOPdawg
10-16-2022, 10:40 AM
I'm in the same boat, SVD. We're now playing for another 8-4 or 7-5, Liberty Bowl- or Belk Bowl-type of season. Blah, been there done that.

For the 2nd time this season, we had a chance to push for a "special" season and sh!t the bed. Don't know what else to say except there's a reason we can't have special things at MS State (b/c we always sh!t the bed sans the Omaha run in '21).

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 10:42 AM
Well, in my house, we?re all Dawgs so we?re all pissed during family time when we lose like last night. Roll those $&@?! hot dogs on the grill son!! LOL!!

We likely will turn on the games but doubtful we will be as invested now.

:)

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 10:43 AM
I'm in the same boat, SVD. We're now playing for another 8-4 or 7-5, Liberty Bowl- or Belk Bowl-type of season. Blah, been there done that.

For the 2nd time this season, we had a chance to push for a "special" season and sh!t the bed. Don't know what else to say except there's a reason we can't have special things at MS State (b/c we always sh!t the bed sans the Omaha run in '21).

And we wonder why the MsU mentality is the way it is.

ScooterDog
10-16-2022, 10:47 AM
One reason we lost is because we were favored to win. Plain and simple. It might have been the main reason.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-16-2022, 10:48 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-25-2014/fWx327.mp4

msstate7
10-16-2022, 10:51 AM

I don't agree with you much, but this is great

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 10:54 AM
I don't agree with you much, but this is great

Thank you sir.

starkvegasdawg
10-16-2022, 11:15 AM

That's not what I said. I said up until last night I made sure my schedule was clear to watch the games. After last night and the way we played I will not do so the rest of this season. If there are other things going on I will do them instead of making sure I'm tuned in to the game. Watching our football games is no longer my top priority on Saturdays. I never let a loss affect the way I treated and interacted with family. I never will. I never let a loss make me go poison trees of my rival or anything else destructive. Like so many here, I vented on a message board and went in about my life.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 11:17 AM
That's not what I said. I said up until last night I made sure my schedule was clear to watch the games. After last night and the way we played I will not do so the rest of this season. If there are other things going on I will do them instead of making sure I'm tuned in to the game. Watching our football games is no longer my top priority on Saturdays. I never let a loss affect the way I treated and interacted with family. I never will. I never let a loss make me go poison trees of my rival or anything else destructive. Like so many here, I vented on a message board and went in about my life.

Look, it's totally fine if you have other priorities in life. It's not my call what you like and don't like.

I just find it very strange that you didn't come to this conclusion under late Sherill, Croom, or Moorhead, which were all objectively much worse than this, but did in this year. But I guess we all are in different phases of life than we were 4, 16, or 20 years ago.

tcdog70
10-16-2022, 11:18 AM
Not Me. I’m on board. We are 5-2. At the start most of Us would be happy at 5-2 . We are in the toughest conference in the Nation. But hell, I was on board with Shira when if we won a SEC game we partied all night.

klong-dog
10-16-2022, 11:24 AM
5-3

starkvegasdawg
10-16-2022, 11:32 AM
Look, it's totally fine if you have other priorities in life. It's not my call what you like and don't like.

I just find it very strange that you didn't come to this conclusion under late Sherill, Croom, or Moorhead, which were all objectively much worse than this, but did in this year. But I guess we all are in different phases of life than we were 4, 16, or 20 years ago.

Oh I did. Believe you me. Jo Mo's last year I was right where I am now. And this isn't a life long change. This is a just the rest of this season thing.

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2022, 12:26 PM

The funniest thing about this - rewind to 1998.
Seven games in we sat at 5-2, and had just gotten destroyed by an LSU team that would go 4-7. The following week we go to UK and lose. So, first of November we were toast, 5-3, with 2 SEC losses, and Bama, a highly ranked Arkansas, and a trip to Oxford. Looked pretty grim. Glad I didn't pack it in that season, I would have missed siting in the Georgia Dome when we experienced the second biggest let down of the decade. 17'n Peerless Price.

Dawgology
10-16-2022, 12:45 PM
I've been a MSU since birth and will be one when I leave this world, but last night did it for this season. Up until then I let nothing stop me from watching the games. My Saturdays were scheduled around them. That's now over for at least the rest of this season. It's fall, the leaves are changing and it's no longer Satan's balls hot outside. Too many other fun things I can do with the family to instead invest time watching them bow up and lay a giant deuce on the field. This team has talent and potential, but when it comes down to shit or get off the toilet, they choose to phone it in. There is no way in hell Kentucky is better than us. All we heard was how bad their offensive line was, but they pushed our shit in and made us like it all night. As I mentioned in other posts... they had more rushing yards than we had total yards. That is inexcusable. So for the rest of this season I will keep up with scores and I may still watch parts of games, but if it comes down to MSU football or roasting hotdogs and making s'mores over a bonfire with the family...not a hard decision to make. Agree with me or call me a bad fan - don't care either way.

Same. Focusing hanging out with family . Lined up a Dismals Canyon trip for next weekend. Really cool short trip and it?s beautiful. Really overlooked nearby place.

Why spend hours watching a game I know we will lose by 40+? Which will be at least 3 of our remains five games.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2022, 12:51 PM

I'm with you, bud. I'm off the roller coaster of hope for the year

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 01:20 PM
I'm with you, bud. I'm off the roller coaster of hope for the year

https://media.tenor.com/kD0x_Xxno_MAAAAC/well-bye-bye.gif

TaleofTwoDogs
10-16-2022, 02:25 PM

Get a grip, people.

State fans are most familiar to losing, that is part of who we are, but the thing is State always get skull dragged in the really important games, games that can raise the bar above mediocracy. We always play like a deer in the headlights, maybe it's in our DNA, don't know. Just play hard with energy and vigor, and the next day the tone of the message board will be different, guaranteed.

State82
10-16-2022, 02:36 PM
Just play hard with energy and vigor, and the next day the tone of the message board will be different, guaranteed.

Absolutely. It's not that difficult to understand but perpetual sunshine pumpers can't get this through their thick skulls. Just don't walk onto the field with your head embedded in your butt. And that goes for everyone including the $5,000,000 man and his minions.

WhiskeyPirate
10-16-2022, 02:38 PM
Absolutely. It's not that difficult to understand but perpetual sunshine pumpers can't get this through their thick skulls. Just don't walk onto the field with your head embedded in your butt. And that goes for everyone including the $5,000,000 man and his minions.
I wish we had hired Sunbelt Billy or at least rehired Dan

Ranchdawg
10-16-2022, 02:50 PM
Why play the games or invest a lot of time and money going to the games if you ar not going to play for a championship. During Mullins era I had hope. When he left I decided right then that we would never play for a championship at MSU in football. We would be mediocre SEC team and always get pounded in crucial games against the have’s of this conference. Thus always being regulated to playing some meaningless bowl game in some non-destination city that is cold as heck.

That is why I stopped donating to the bulldog club and buying season tickets. Until I am shown by a real atheletic director and real coach that is being paid millions to coach that they are serious about winning in football then I’ll occasionally watch on tv and might attend one game. But with what I see with the present AD and head coach just enjoy mediocre and take my money like a fool. Geesh it just angers me to type this