PDA

View Full Version : Our fans are the biggest bipolar 17ers i have ever seen...a lot of you need to

99jc
10-16-2022, 05:04 AM
wait 24 hours before posting. whiny bitches! would i have liked to win you bet but there is a lot more going on in this world that having a stroke over a football game. And then there are those that only post crap after a loss...rebels no doubt. From Florida i am out!

Bdawg
10-16-2022, 08:54 AM
Ha ha. This is true. One extreme or the other. We’re either awesome one week or suck the next. We did suck last night though!!!

defiantdog
10-16-2022, 08:58 AM
You have good games and bad games. At least we didn't lose to Maine at home.

Apoplectic
10-16-2022, 09:05 AM
You need exposure to more fan bases. Welcome to the SEC

Saltydog
10-16-2022, 09:10 AM

"LIKE BUTTON"

basedog
10-16-2022, 09:37 AM
99, it's not the fans, yes all of us can get out of whack about sports. But in reality, I think every Msu fans want to win. I graduated in 73, man I've seen the good, the bad and ugly with the last two way too much. But over the decades we have improved but we will never be elite. In saying this, I'm hoping we find lightning in a bottle every once in a while.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 09:43 AM
wait 24 hours before posting. whiny bitches! would i have liked to win you bet but there is a lot more going on in this world that having a stroke over a football game. And then there are those that only post crap after a loss...rebels no doubt. From Florida i am out!

Oh hell no. We are paying players now. That is what they wanted. And last night, us fans did not get the effort we paid for. You don?t take the money and expect kid gloves anymore. It?s an adult world now Skippy.

I?m still pissed.

CaptainObvious
10-16-2022, 09:43 AM
99, it's not the fans, yes all of us can get out of whack about sports. But in reality, I think every Msu fans want to win. I graduated in 73, man I've seen the good, the bad and ugly with the last two way too much. But over the decades we have improved but we will never be elite. In saying this, I'm hoping we find lightning in a bottle every once in a while.

I am in you area of years of following. I am afraid we are more likely to get Struck By Lightning, then catch it in a bottle though. 😳😳😳😳😳

State82
10-16-2022, 09:50 AM
I am afraid we are more likely to get Struck By Lightning, then catch it in a bottle though.

This is gold right here.

basedog
10-16-2022, 09:50 AM
I am in you area of years of following. I am afraid we are more likely to get Struck By Lightning, then catch it in a bottle though. ����������

LOL, well they say "You can't be hit with lightning twice", well maybe Msu can. I do think I have seen the worse days, 7-5 is way better than.....1 and LaTech.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:56 AM
Ha ha. This is true. One extreme or the other. We’re either awesome one week or suck the next. We did suck last night though!!!

Exactly. It's a like a kid laying down on the ground pitching a fit "I WANT IT NOW". They can't enjoy the ride. They don't value the journey.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:57 AM

You mean like Auburn? Who is still selling out at capacity knowing their coach has been fired?

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 10:04 AM

Personally, I like the direction of the team. I think Leach is and has been good for this time. Like I keep saying, our QB room and WRs have never looked this good. Our OL is actually getting better. Our Defense is not bad. We just need to keep push forward. We need the money to kick in and pay some players.

But there is no reason to be "the sky is falling". Is there reason to not like what we saw last night yes. But let's be honest about what happened. This team has not learned to handle success and that is a hard thing to do when you have not had a lot of success seen by players.

TrapGame
10-16-2022, 10:11 AM
We are a 7-5/8-4 program, middle of the SEC with the rare chance at 9-3/10-2. But some of y'all act like we're Vandy or even worse, back in the Croom years. Yeah, losing sucks but there is so much more to life than this message board and melting down like a teenage girl that didn't get asked to the prom.

If Leach is here next season, fine. If he decides to retire, I'm good with that too. But, Cohen's first call better be to Matt Rhule.

Now I'm going to go enjoy Sunday with my family and friends.

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2022, 10:22 AM
We are a 7-5/8-4 program, middle of the SEC with the rare chance at 9-3/10-2. But some of y'all act like we're Vandy or even worse, back in the Croom years. Yeah, losing sucks but there is so much more to life than this message board and melting down like a teenage girl that didn't get asked to the prom.

If Leach is here next season, fine. If he decides to retire, I'm good with that too. But, Cohen's first call better be to Matt Rhule.

But but but "year threeeeee, and 18 starters, and we have the hardest schedule while at the same time everyone we beat sucks and everyone we lose to is horrible and it's embarrassing we lost. Arrrrrrrr. Fire everyone!!!"***

The SEC is a tough neighborhood to live in. Fact is that there is little difference between teams 4-12 and we beat each other up.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 10:25 AM

Cohen’s first call should be from Keenum.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 10:26 AM
But but but "year threeeeee, and 18 starters, and we have the hardest schedule while at the same time everyone we beat sucks and everyone we lose to is horrible and it's embarrassing we lost. Arrrrrrrr. Fire everyone!!!"***

The SEC is a tough neighborhood to live in. Fact is that there is little difference between teams 4-12 and we beat each other up.

This is the correct answer!

IMissJack
10-16-2022, 10:29 AM
Cohen’s first call should be from Keenum.

Sadly it never will be.

tcdog70
10-16-2022, 11:22 AM

Me 1970 grad. Remember when we couldn’t win 1 sec game. 5-2 doesn’t seem that bad. I hate it because I think we are better than KY.

basedog
10-16-2022, 01:06 PM
Me 1970 grad. Remember when we couldn’t win 1 sec game. 5-2 doesn’t seem that bad. I hate it because I think we are better than KY.

I think it pretty close to being even with Ky football. They have a little better schedule being in the east and I think they are recruiting a tab better right now. Also Stoops is > Leach.

SailingDawg
10-16-2022, 01:10 PM
Were average and always have been. Always will be.

Let?s play baseball.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 01:15 PM
I think it pretty close to being even with Ky football. They have a little better schedule being in the east and I think they are recruiting a tab better right now. Also Stoops is > Leach.

Everyone thinks we are better than KY but historically we're about the same. KY beat Jackie when Leach was there. KY beat Mullen at KY in 2016 and I feel pretty sure would've surprised us in 2018 if Mullen had of stayed. But we still would've won 10 or 11 with Mullen.

Is Stoops > Leach?? At KY:
2013: 2-10
2014: 5 - 7 (almost upset us up at their place)
2015: 5 - 7
2016: 7 - 5
2017: 7 - 5

He plays in the East and plays Vandy every year. OM plays Vandy every year too. It took Stoops time to get where he is now.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 01:24 PM

I talked to a lady I know who lives in Germany last night. 1st thing I said to her is I'm dealing with some 1st World problems LOL (losing a FB game). They're dealing with much more over there than that.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 01:26 PM
Everyone thinks we are better than KY but historically we're about the same. KY beat Jackie when Leach was there. KY beat Mullen at KY in 2016 and I feel pretty sure would've surprised us in 2018 if Mullen had of stayed. But we still would've won 10 or 11 with Mullen.

He plays in the East and plays Vandy every year. OM plays Vandy every year too. It took Stoops time to get where he is now.

Over 5 years

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 02:05 PM
Were average and always have been. Always will be.

Let?s play baseball.

Unfortunately this is the ugly truth.

State82
10-16-2022, 02:18 PM
Everyone thinks we are better than KY but historically we're about the same.

Yeah that "we are better than UK" rhetoric is a false narrative. We are 26-23 against them so that is pretty much about the same.

Homedawg
10-16-2022, 03:45 PM

Matt Rhule isn't coming here. There are going to be plenty of openings of way better jobs than ours that he would take

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 03:45 PM
Yeah that "we are better than UK" rhetoric is a false narrative. We are 26-23 against them so that is pretty much about the same.

We are 25-25 but that stretch with Jackie and Mullen we were dominant over UK. Now we are back even. That is what the record says plain as day.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 03:52 PM
Matt Rhule isn't coming here. There are going to be plenty of openings of way better jobs than ours that he would take

If he did everyone would be cussing him in 2 and 3 years for losing games he shouldn't or going less than 8-4 or 9-3 with 25th ranked and below recruiting talent.

Except the ones who wanted him to start with, then they'd be saying how cup was empty when Leach left and Rhule needs more time to get his players in and systems in place.

Fire him after year 3 and start the cycle over. Rinse and repeat.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 12:22 AM

I read that he is 0-11 on the road against SEC West teams. We would have a much better record if we were in the East also. Maybe the arrival of OK and TX will help our schedule. Hail State!

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 12:24 AM
We are 25-25 but that stretch with Jackie and Mullen we were dominant over UK. Now we are back even. That is what the record says plain as day.

Couple of forfeits in that 25-25 due to probation.

Todd4State
10-17-2022, 12:59 AM
I read that he is 0-11 on the road against SEC West teams. We would have a much better record if we were in the East also. Maybe the arrival of OK and TX will help our schedule. Hail State!

If it gets Alabama off of our schedule every year that will be huge. I don't care that we have to play the other SEC bluebloods too.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-17-2022, 08:58 AM
Oh hell no. We are paying players now. That is what they wanted. And last night, us fans did not get the effort we paid for. You don?t take the money and expect kid gloves anymore. It?s an adult world now Skippy.

I?m still pissed.

Everyone else is paying players too. And paying much more. I don't get how our fans have such tunnel vision. Other schools are trying to win too believe it or not.

EdwardDrayton
10-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Everyone else is paying players too. And paying much more. I don't get how our fans have such tunnel vision. Other schools are trying to win too believe it or not.

Not referring to any other players or teams TBD. The OP’s implication is that we should not be upset with the performance of our team/players. I disagree. And am upset not so much about a loss but the WAY we lost. OUR team did not show up to play and needs to be called out.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-17-2022, 11:57 AM
Not referring to any other players or teams TBD. The OP’s implication is that we should not be upset with the performance of our team/players. I disagree. And am upset not so much about a loss but the WAY we lost. OUR team did not show up to play and needs to be called out.

When you lose, its usually because the team played bad.

Griping about the performance is one thing. Calling for the job of the head coach and current AD after every loss (and sometimes ugly wins) is another. I am not sure if you are one of the latter fans, but there are PLENTY on this board.