PDA

View Full Version : Leach's Post Game Presser is free

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 01:16 AM
Over on 247.

He's telling it like it is at least. He's also blaming himself for offense, all the coaches for all of it, and the players for getting "fat, dumb, and happy".

msu15
10-16-2022, 01:24 AM
Heard it all before, like after the LSU loss. "This will wake us up", "we can't take anyone lightly", "we have to be better" blah blah blah. We've gone nowhere as a program since last season.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 01:42 AM
Heard it all before, like after the LSU loss. "This will wake us up", "we can't take anyone lightly", "we have to be better" blah blah blah. We've gone nowhere as a program since last season.

Ok ... I'll buy that. I didn't listen to the LSU PC. I haven't watched many of his loss PCs really. There is no doubt that we didn't show up to play and that is on the coaches.

I guess I prefer this PC to Mullen blaming the DC and JoMo reminding everyone of how many yds Kylin had the previous 2 games, while gaining almost nothing tonight. We went into KY in 2018 with our best team ever and got totally whupped 28-7.

Todd4State
10-16-2022, 01:59 AM

Our fans aren't going to want to hear this but...

IMO the coach will take the blame but that's really more on the players and their internal leadership.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:52 AM

Not really. When asked what was Kentucky doing to keep you off-balance offensively? His answer spot on.

They were patiently sitting there watching us screw up. And then whipping our offensive line. I didn’t think this week of practice was quite what it was vs. A&M and Arkansas. Particularly on Tuesday and Wednesday. I thought both sides of the ball we tried to be too cute and acted like we had done something. Of course, obviously, we haven’t. You never arrive at anything. This is not a destination. You keep battling and competing. We didn’t do that. What was important to win this game was first, we got out-coached. We said a lot of very clever things all week long. There’s one thing to say something and another to get it across. To get your players to abide by it and have a sense of urgency about it, that’s definitely a different thing. We did not get that message through. We talked that everybody is the same and compete at the highest level, but this game’s tough enough to look for an opportunity to relax. I thought offensive and defensively, we went out there and be too cute. That running back, in particular, just pounded us. We talked about playing with low pads and running on contact. We didn’t do that. We didn’t tackle very well. Offensive line, we took turns getting penalties and getting pressure. Virtually all this is my fault because I run the offense. In the meantime, we’re trying to be too perfect, these perfect little plays. Look how long it took us to get a snap off. That’s just ridiculous. That’s us, that’s our fault. Not getting lined up, not getting a play, and not running it immediately and quickly. Those are things we did quite well the two weeks prior. It’s human nature, but you’ve got to avoid it and we didn’t, hoping it will be easy. Kentucky does a great job and have for some time. Then, they decided they were going to eat the clock up, which they were determined to do that. We held them to not too many points and had a defensive touchdown, we let them convert a bunch of third downs and keep the ball. Offensively, we took forever to snap it ourselves. So, we’re eating more time off the clock, to where we don’t have too many opportunities. We’re not converting third downs particularly well. And we’re doing the ‘my bad’ misunderstandings. All the ‘I didn’t mean to do it’ and ‘it could happen to anybody. But I’ll pay closer attention next time.’ Then, we get frantic and try to make too much happen. We played slow and then tried to make too much happen. As a result, a fine job by the University of Kentucky. I wish we had played better and put our best foot forward, which is our fault. Kentucky kept us on the ropes and beat us.

PGHBulldogBG
10-16-2022, 10:00 AM

IMO the coach will take the blame but that's really more on the players and their internal leadership.

Our fans definitely have a tendency to blame the coach and not the players. The reality is that the players are just as responsible. We seemed to have an attitude KY would fold and we just had to show up.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2022, 10:02 AM
It should be free. After that shit show he put on the field last night, attendance for the next home game should be free.

CaptainObvious
10-16-2022, 10:04 AM
That dude reads my posts!!!

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 11:36 AM

The more I think on this, the more I think you're right. We don't have any players that are really good leaders near as I can tell. This is a veteran group and there should be some player leaders that don't let stuff like this happen.

On offense it should be Will and maybe Sharpe. On D it can be anyone, but there is really no one that does.

Dawgology
10-16-2022, 12:34 PM
Thats great and all. But we will get whooped by 40+ against Bama. Will will shrivel up and play timid with the first snap. We will fall out of the top 25. We will end up 6-6. Way to go MSU athletic program and boosters!!!!!!