PDA

View Full Version : Wtf do we do next

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 12:18 AM
I?m over the loss , I kind of expected it now , I?ve been a state fan for too long.

But what I will say is this.

If Mississippi state goes no better than 7-5 and does not win a football game on thanksgiving night

I can guarantee that Mike leach will not coach Mississippi state in 2023 and that John Cohen will also not be the AD

That is not emotion. That is just a fact

BeardoMSU
10-16-2022, 12:22 AM
I?m over the loss , I kind of expected it now , I?ve been a state fan for too long.

If Mississippi state goes no better than 7-5 and does not win a football game on thanksgiving night

I can guarantee that Mike leach will not coach Mississippi state in 2023 and that John Cohen will also not be the AD

Not sure what about our history makes you think the Prez, admin, et al. will do something as aggressive as firing our AD...

Even if we did, we'd just make another incest hire, because of course.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 12:26 AM
Not sure what about our history makes you think the Prez, admin, et al. will do something as aggressive as firing our AD...

2 failed football hires is not a good look.

Go out and poach the AD of the team you want the next coach to be .

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 12:27 AM

That loss right there just killed all the momentum that we had just gained. We just got the fans that were on the fence back and got them excited to do that and to next week go and get slaughtered against Alabama 65-0.

The auburn game attendance will be below 50k

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 12:28 AM

No one outside of our fanbase thinks Leach is anywhere close to a "failed football hire."

msu15
10-16-2022, 12:31 AM
We are going nowhere as long as John Cohen is our AD that's for damn sure. Imagine hiring Joe Moorhead while not even considering Lane Kiffin in 2017. LOL!

BeardoMSU
10-16-2022, 12:32 AM

Don't disagree.

Other schools treat sports and the cut-throat game it is....us, not so much.

I don't think Leach is a failed hire, though. He's not Moorhead; he just hasn't raised our ceiling (But who ever has?).

He'll likely still get us to a bowl every year. What makes it so frustrating is the highs and lows of the Mike Leach experience. We never see a consistent product, and a year like this where we are supposedly "veteran" and "seasoned" and "ready for the next step", blowing games against shitty to mediocre teams like LSU and KY ruins all the cache he's built up.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 12:33 AM
No one outside of our fanbase thinks Leach is anywhere close to a "failed football hire."

Doesn?t matter what the other people think.

When those season ticket sales drop down and you started seeing 35k attendance numbers for sec games because fans check out. That?s lost revenue and some higher ups are going to say something .

Now if you turn around from this and go 8-4 and win the egg bowl , everyone is back. But if you don?t , it?s a high chance what I said happens. This is the most must win game Mississippi state has had in 10+ years

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 12:35 AM
Don't disagree.

I don't think Leach is a failed hire, though. He's not Moorhead; he just hasn't raised our ceiling (But who ever has?).

He'll likely still get us to a bowl every year. What makes it so frustrating is the highs and lows of the Mike Leach experience. We never see a consistent product, and a year like this where we are supposedly "veteran" and "seasoned" and "ready for the next step", blowing games against shitty to mediocre teams like LSU and KY ruins all the cache he's built up.

LSU and Kentucky are both 5-2. LSU will be ranked tomorrow, Kentucky will be ranked in the top 15 probably, and we'll still be ranked too. I hate that we lost to them, and I think we ought to be 7-0, but I don't see why we should overblow how "bad" the teams who beat us are.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 12:36 AM
Doesn?t matter what the other people think.

When those season ticket sales drop down and you started seeing 35k attendance numbers for sec games because fans check out. That?s lost revenue and some higher ups are going to say something .

Now if you turn around from this and go 8-4 and win the egg bowl , everyone is back. But if you don?t , it?s a high chance what I said happens. This is the most must win game Mississippi state has had in 10+ years

I'm very confident that as long as Leach is winning around the Dan Mullen level, we won't have a game with just 45,000 fans there, much less 35,000. If we do, that's a marketing failure (which does fall on Cohen) rather than a football failure.

Bothrops
Offer marooned carpet and cowbells to the next journeyman, or rover is the other option.

PikeDawg15
Don't disagree.

Atleast with moorhead , he beat ole miss both times.

People would forgive him for losing to Kentucky or somebody else he shouldn?t have but at the end of the day at Mississippi state , you need to beat ole miss and as long as Lane Kiffin?s ass is sitting in oxford. I don?t see this happening unless some major shit happens.

I will personally go help lane pack and unload his shit wherever he wants to go.

The second leach gets the fans back he does shit like this to lose them.

You can?t have a veteran team and go up to Kentucky who just lost to south freaking Carolina and play like this . You just can?t do that in year 3 with juniors and seniors.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 12:38 AM
LSU and Kentucky are both 5-2. LSU will be ranked tomorrow, Kentucky will be ranked in the top 15 probably, and we'll still be ranked too. I hate that we lost to them, and I think we ought to be 7-0, but I don't see why we should overblow how "bad" the teams who beat us are.

We didn?t lose a tough hard fought game.

We looked like absolute shit on both sides of the ball for the most part .

If we went and lost 35-28 to Kentucky I?m not as upset.

Our Offense scored 10 damn points and our defense scored 7

The defense almost out scored the offense and you hired a offensive ?genius? head coach!!!

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 12:40 AM
Also by the way, prepare for #6 ole miss tommorow .

tribaldawg
10-16-2022, 12:41 AM

No, that?s actually emotion.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 12:42 AM
Atleast with moorhead , he beat ole miss both times.

I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp, but programs aren't the same from year to year. Moorhead got to play dogshit Ole Miss teams who didn't make a bowl. He would have lost to them if they'd been a top 10 team. Leach would have beaten a 5-7 or 4-8 quality Ole Miss team last year. How good Ole Miss is plays a huge role in whether or not we beat them, and it's damn foolish to act like all Egg Bowl wins and losses mean the same thing.

And while I'm naming any specific names, most people who think this way are the same people who will be quick to point out that when we do get a win over a "name" team like 2020 LSU or 2021 Texas A&M that it doesn't matter because those particular teams weren't very good that year.

msu15
10-16-2022, 12:43 AM
I'm very confident that as long as Leach is winning around the Dan Mullen level, we won't have a game with just 45,000 fans there, much less 35,000. If we do, that's a marketing failure (which does fall on Cohen) rather than a football failure.

Brother I hate to break it to you but we have already had multiple games under Leach with less than 45,000 in the stands.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 12:43 AM

Who cares?

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 12:44 AM
Brother I ate to break it to you but we have already had multiple games under Leach with less than 45,000 in the stands.

I mean, technically you are right that we had 5 of them in 2020, but I wouldn't expect any SEC game with attendance that low going forward.

msu15
10-16-2022, 12:46 AM
I mean, technically you are right that we had 5 of them in 2020, but going forward I wouldn't expect any SEC game with attendance that low going forward.

Ok SEC yes, but 2021 all 3 of our non conference games had less than 45,000. I apologize if you meant conference only.

Bothrops
10-16-2022, 12:48 AM

Prepare for them to win the west as well.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 12:54 AM

LOL ... Bama will smoke them. I also think LSU beats them next week. But Bama will for sure smoke them.

ETA: There is a very good chance they're 10-2 tho. Maybe Kiffin will bolt to greener pastures then, albeit probably also in SEC.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 01:11 AM
Who cares?

The football recruits that we are both going after.

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 08:53 AM

Hah, he ain't sniffed DM level yet.

Apoplectic
10-16-2022, 09:10 AM
We are going nowhere as long as John Cohen is our AD that's for damn sure. Imagine hiring Joe Moorhead while not even considering Lane Kiffin in 2017. LOL!

Consider Lane Kiffin??? At the time he was a joke. Only a directional school with nothing to lose would hire him. And joe was considered a home run hire by everyone.

Frost was low risk. Heupel was third choice. Row the Boat was the next Saban. Judge was a can?t miss. When you figure out the formula then patent it.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 09:13 AM
Consider Lane Kiffin??? At the time he was a joke. Only a directional school with nothing to lose would hire him. And joe was considered a home run hire by everyone.

Frost was low risk. Heupel was third choice. Row the Boat was the next Saban. Judge was a can?t miss. When you figure out the formula then patent it.

At the end of the day that joe moorhead hire was F level and set the program back 20 years after all the work Dan did to build the program.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 09:15 AM
And at the end of the day a job is a job

Athletic director is a JOB , the person who is the AD is responsible for how the football program does and if he ****s up 3 times by

Not offering Mullen 8-9 million

Hiring joe moorhead

Now hiring leach and it may not work out

He?s got to go too.

Also while your at it. The president isn?t a saint either, he?s the one who approved all this shit.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:17 AM

1- Pretty sure they will get a fire under them. It's Bama week and we lost in a melt down. Does that translate into a Bama win? I don't know, but I can not wait to find out.

2- There is no reason to think we will not have a great year over all. We are a much better team than last year, but we are a historic team of not knowing how to handle winning. This is the next step for us. Learning how to handle success.

3- Mike Leach is not going anywhere for 5 years. And he shouldn't.

Maroonthirteen
10-16-2022, 09:17 AM
Speaking of attendance....

I hope people show up for Auburn. We need that game. However I have a feeling it will take 10k auburn fans to get that game to 50k. Hopefully they fire their coach and have nothing to show up for.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:18 AM
That loss right there just killed all the momentum that we had just gained. We just got the fans that were on the fence back and got them excited to do that and to next week go and get slaughtered against Alabama 65-0.

The auburn game attendance will be below 50k

That's emotion. Attendance says more about the "fans" than a team and a program being built.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:22 AM
Don't disagree.

I disagree in that I think he has raised our ceiling. 1 thing is that he has shown that we can pull in the 4 star QB that can throw it and 4 star wrs that can catch it.

Our revenue comes from the TV contracts. Tickets are very little of our over all budget.

Apoplectic
10-16-2022, 09:23 AM

Athletic director is a JOB , the person who is the AD is responsible for how the football program does and if he ****s up 3 times by

Hiring joe moorhead

He?s got to go too.

Also while your at it. The president isn?t a saint either, he?s the one who approved all this shit.

Are we still talking Mullen? He was leaving regardless of the money because he was the next saban at a top tier school. Loafers had to grab him before Tennessee did. Cohen was right to tell him to kiss our collective asses

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 09:28 AM
1- Pretty sure they will get a fire under them. It's Bama week and we lost in a melt down. Does that translate into a Bama win? I don't know, but I can not wait to find out.

2- There is no reason to think we will not have a great year over all. We are a much better team than last year, but we are a historic team of not knowing how to handle winning. This is the next step for us. Learning how to handle success.

3- Mike Leach is not going anywhere for 5 years. And he shouldn't.

Black Sails , I love you man , I really do

1. ? pretty sure they will get a fire under them? I HEARD THAT AFTER LSU. Losing is one thing but looking ****ing lost is another thing. I?m not bitching about losing a football game but we looked like we were poorly coached and inexperienced when neither should be the case. LOL BAMA.

Alabama will beat us into another universe. Honestly I?m thinking something like 55-0.

2. Man, 8-4 is the CEILING. We have bama and Georgia left . We aren?t even competing with either team. That?s 4 losses. That?s not a great year .i think it?s an ? good year ? nowhere near great. If a great year is 8-4 by God any non Alum fans need to just go find another team then. But what makes anyone think we can go to oxford and win the egg bowl? 7-5 IF we beat auburn. Now I do think we will beat auburn.

3. If CML is 7-5 with a egg bowl loss ??. I?m telling you right now that there is a possibility he?s fired this year. But if he is retained , he?s on the hottest seat in the sec and the 2nd hottest seat in the country behind Brent venables at Oklahoma .

There is no scenario where Mike leach can lose this egg bowl. Pray to whatever God you believe in to get lane kiffin out of oxford because he?s kicking our ass in recruiting , marketing , media coverage , and on the field results.

Hail state always

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:30 AM
Speaking of attendance....

I hope people show up for Auburn. We need that game. However I have a feeling it will take 10k auburn fans to get that game to 50k. Hopefully they fire their coach and have nothing to show up for.

Speaking of Auburn....

Their attendance doesn't drop based off what the team is doing. Even with the Coach being rumored fired, they show up.

Vs LSU Attendance: 87,451
100%
Capacity: 87,451

Vs PSU Attendance: 87,451

Vs Mercer... Attendance: 84,562

After the PSU Loss Attendance: 85,750

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 09:31 AM
Speaking of Auburn....

Their attendance doesn't drop based off what the team is doing. Even with the Coach being rumored fired, they show up.

Vs LSU Attendance: 87,451
100%
Capacity: 87,451

Vs PSU Attendance: 87,451

Vs Mercer... Attendance: 84,562

After the PSU Loss Attendance: 85,750

Best fan base in the SEC hands down.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 09:51 AM
Black Sails , I love you man , I really do

1. ? pretty sure they will get a fire under them? I HEARD THAT AFTER LSU. Losing is one thing but looking ****ing lost is another thing. I?m not bitching about losing a football game but we looked like we were poorly coached and inexperienced when neither should be the case. LOL BAMA.

Alabama will beat us into another universe. Honestly I?m thinking something like 55-0.

2. Man, 8-4 is the CEILING. We have bama and Georgia left . We aren?t even competing with either team. That?s 4 losses. That?s not a great year .i think it?s an ? good year ? nowhere near great. If a great year is 8-4 by God any non Alum fans need to just go find another team then. But what makes anyone think we can go to oxford and win the egg bowl? 7-5 IF we beat auburn. Now I do think we will beat auburn.

3. If CML is 7-5 with a egg bowl loss ??. I?m telling you right now that there is a possibility he?s fired this year. But if he is retained , he?s on the hottest seat in the sec and the 2nd hottest seat in the country behind Brent venables at Oklahoma .

There is no scenario where Mike leach can lose this egg bowl. Pray to whatever God you believe in to get lane kiffin out of oxford because he?s kicking our ass in recruiting , marketing , media coverage , and on the field results.

Hail state always

1- LSU... we did get a fire and went on a 3 game winning streak. Not saying that will happen, but building a winning mentality most times means you walk through the fire. We came from a team that had massive issues in the locker to where we are close. Can we take that next step? No idea. The team we lost to allowed Sttops to build that program. not a season, but PROGRAM. It took him over 5 years for them to take on that mentality. Why? Because all of the old mentality eventually moved on and those lower class players had a different mentality.

Leach handled that rather quickly by getting rid of the slackers. We finally have a QB room that is pushing each other. Forget Will Rogers for 1 second. Look at the competition in that room for the future. Of the 25ish 4 star players, about half of them are freshmen. Do what the "dream team fans" do. Show up and pull for them and it will all work out. The one thing that is shown over and over and over though is a revolving door puts teams lower and lower in the pecking order.

Bama has that ability. We have the ability to not allow that too. So we are going to see.

2- 8-4 with this schedule is not bad at all. I remember when everybody said after LSU we would be 6-6. Yet here we are at 5-2 with 5 games left. I'm more worried about the mental state of our fans than our players and team.

3- CML is not going to be fired at the end of this season. Lane Kiffin has zero to do with what you state Pike. Oxford has generally been better at recruiting. Marketing has little to do with their machine. etc. We want better results? Pay. Threatening to burn it down (not saying you are) by not attending games is not going to help that at all! Lane Kiffin will look at a recruit and say "look at what their fans do when the going gets rough... they abandon you".

There was a great article on Rodney Groce Jr this week. He recapped what happened during his time at MSU and how the fans threatened, treated him after a mistake he made. It's pathetic that our fans are becoming UF like. You can demand better while not taking it out on a player or holding the University hostage. That's childish.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2022, 09:52 AM

They are good. But Bama is going in dry on them and LSU is going to beat them. That's 2 losses for sure. Not sure a 2-3 loss team will win the west. I guess it's possible.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2022, 09:56 AM
Leach will be our coach next season. But I think he's gone after next season. We'll have a good schedule and he'll go 7-5 or 8-4 with his 4th loss to ole Miss. He'll be let go after that.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 10:01 AM
1- LSU... we did get a fire and went on a 3 game winning streak. Not saying that will happen, but building a winning mentality most times means you walk through the fire. We came from a team that had massive issues in the locker to where we are close. Can we take that next step? No idea. The team we lost to allowed Sttops to build that program. not a season, but PROGRAM. It took him over 5 years for them to take on that mentality. Why? Because all of the old mentality eventually moved on and those lower class players had a different mentality.

Leach handled that rather quickly by getting rid of the slackers. We finally have a QB room that is pushing each other. Forget Will Rogers for 1 second. Look at the competition in that room for the future. Of the 25ish 4 star players, about half of them are freshmen. Do what the "dream team fans" do. Show up and pull for them and it will all work out. The one thing that is shown over and over and over though is a revolving door puts teams lower and lower in the pecking order.

Bama has that ability. We have the ability to not allow that too. So we are going to see.

2- 8-4 with this schedule is not bad at all. I remember when everybody said after LSU we would be 6-6. Yet here we are at 5-2 with 5 games left. I'm more worried about the mental state of our fans than our players and team.

3- CML is not going to be fired at the end of this season. Lane Kiffin has zero to do with what you state Pike. Oxford has generally been better at recruiting. Marketing has little to do with their machine. etc. We want better results? Pay. Threatening to burn it down (not saying you are) by not attending games is not going to help that at all! Lane Kiffin will look at a recruit and say "look at what their fans do when the going gets rough... they abandon you".

There was a great article on Rodney Groce Jr this week. He recapped what happened during his time at MSU and how the fans threatened, treated him after a mistake he made. It's pathetic that our fans are becoming UF like. You can demand better while not taking it out on a player or holding the University hostage. That's childish.

For the record , I love Mike leach and the air raid system. But shit , look at the other air raid guys around the country , Tennessee with heupel and tcu with sonny dykes are killing it in their 1st and 2nd seasons ? why can?t we?

What are we doing wrong ?

Tennessee has never just looked like shit when they lose. We do. Every time except Arkansas last year.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 10:20 AM
At the end of the day that joe moorhead hire was F level and set the program back 20 years after all the work Dan did to build the program.

Mullen left that Roster depleted in many areas. wasn't it Mullen that left us with Tutorgate? Jomo lost further control of his players and allowed the players to do what ever they wanted. What Leach has done is pretty impressive in my opinion considering what he had to do. As the 247 crew talks about, we basically, due to removing players and covid, were down to 45 players. Kiffin didn't walk in to that and the players fit his scheme.

I think Leach is past where Mullen left us in that our Roster is improving and not waning. Now, we have some recruits that will come here that's not on the board. We will hit the portal. What the university needs to do is step that NIL money up!

DownwardDawg
10-16-2022, 10:25 AM
LOL ... Bama will smoke them. I also think LSU beats them next week. But Bama will for sure smoke them.

ETA: There is a very good chance they're 10-2 tho. Maybe Kiffin will bolt to greener pastures then, albeit probably also in SEC.

Dart will have to beat LSU with his arm. Can he? LSU is going to shut their run game down.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 10:40 AM
For the record , I love Mike leach and the air raid system. But shit , look at the other air raid guys around the country , Tennessee with heupel and tcu with sonny dykes are killing it in their 1st and 2nd seasons ? why can?t we?

What are we doing wrong ?

Tennessee has never just looked like shit when they lose. We do. Every time except Arkansas last year.

Pike, don't take what I am saying personally. It's not meant that way at all. :) I'm just talking.

The only way to answer the why to those questions is to research it. LOL. TCU has been a throwing team for a long time if my memory is still good. 45 attempts per game. It's an easier transition. UT, I think they have better talent on offense with more experience than we do:

- McCoy is a Jr 5 star WR
- Keyton is a high 4 star Jr WR
- Hyatt is a 4 star Jr WR

Their whole WR starting is 4 star and up. There OL is 4 and 5 star guys. They are not deep, but they have been healthy. And EVEN THEN, it took them being at home and Bama making massive mistakes for them to beat bama.

The talent gap is real. We need better talent.

WSOPdawg
10-16-2022, 10:43 AM

The Rebel fanbase will be insufferable... NOT looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-16-2022, 10:48 AM

Hiring joe moorhead

He?s got to go too.

Both Keenum and Cohen were not qualified for the positions they are in and we could have done much better. If the rumors about not playing in Hump this season are true that is more than enough to send Cohen back to Tuscaloosa tomorrow.

Quaoarsking
10-16-2022, 10:51 AM
The Rebel fanbase will be insufferable... NOT looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Do you really interact on a regular basis with grown man Ole Miss fans who talk smack?

Maybe that's the key difference here. I know a few Ole Miss fans, but we're all ultimately civil with each other about football. Maybe you just need new and better friends.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 11:54 AM
Do you really interact on a regular basis with grown man Ole Miss fans who talk smack?

Maybe that's the key difference here. I know a few Ole Miss fans, but we're all ultimately civil with each other about football. Maybe you just need new and better friends.

I have a in law who is a Bama guy. When we talk, it's nothing like what people tend to think. Real life isn't message board/twitter.

Bdawg
10-16-2022, 12:13 PM
I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp, but programs aren't the same from year to year. Moorhead got to play dogshit Ole Miss teams who didn't make a bowl. He would have lost to them if they'd been a top 10 team. Leach would have beaten a 5-7 or 4-8 quality Ole Miss team last year. How good Ole Miss is plays a huge role in whether or not we beat them, and it's damn foolish to act like all Egg Bowl wins and losses mean the same thing.

And while I'm naming any specific names, most people who think this way are the same people who will be quick to point out that when we do get a win over a "name" team like 2020 LSU or 2021 Texas A&M that it doesn't matter because those particular teams weren't very good that year.

Absolutely correct

Dawgology
10-16-2022, 12:28 PM

We didn?t go after Kiffin because recruiting stars and flashiness doesn?t matter with our boosters. Thus?winning doesnt matter. We have a bunch of loser cigar boys haha. Im done

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 01:52 PM
Mullen left that Roster depleted in many areas. wasn't it Mullen that left us with Tutorgate? Jomo lost further control of his players and allowed the players to do what ever they wanted. What Leach has done is pretty impressive in my opinion considering what he had to do. As the 247 crew talks about, we basically, due to removing players and covid, were down to 45 players. Kiffin didn't walk in to that and the players fit his scheme.

I think Leach is past where Mullen left us in that our Roster is improving and not waning. Now, we have some recruits that will come here that's not on the board. We will hit the portal. What the university needs to do is step that NIL money up!

Mullen left Joe with the #1 D in the nation, NFL OL talent, SEC best ever running QB, 3 very good RB, yeah it was really depleted.

Joe did drive us down and now the talent is even lower. We'll be a CUSA level talent before long if we are not careful.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 01:57 PM
Mullen left Joe with the #1 D in the nation, NFL OL talent, SEC best ever running QB, 3 very good RB, yeah it was really depleted.

Joe did drive us down and now the talent is even lower. We'll be a CUSA level talent before long if we are not careful.

LOL WTF ... yea I don't get where the hell BSD is getting that about how Mullen left us in bad shape. That was our most talented, skilled, and with the most experience team ever. And this team ain't up to their shoe tops in any of those categories.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 02:47 PM

It was for his system. Lack of many many things. OL, TE... WRs... Good thing we had a running QB.

Joe did drive us down and now the talent is even lower.

Entirely not true.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 02:49 PM
LOL WTF ... yea I don't get where the hell BSD is getting that about how Mullen left us in bad shape. That was our most talented, skilled, and with the most experience team ever. And this team ain't up to their shoe tops in any of those categories.

It was talked about at length prior to Mullen leaving. The defense was extremely good. But that's not what I even mentioned. The offense was not.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 03:07 PM
It was talked about at length prior to Mullen leaving. The defense was extremely good. But that's not what I even mentioned. The offense was not.

You had the 3rd SEC Total offense leader AND an 1100 yd rusher (that would block) returning behind all but one of the same OLine, which would've been Mullen's best Oline. You had a stud SEC center. Osirus & Guidry probably are better players under Mullen too cause Mullen coached tougher than JoMo. When a coach in the SEC has you indoors in August cause it's too HOT FOR HIM, your team is not gonna be tough. Before FL game, D was pretty good (not so much against KY tho) but after that game Shoop started Toughness Tuesdays for the D and it really took off from there. JoMo still had the Oline playing patty cake instead of bulldozing folks, which they could do.

Mullen most likely would've taken them out to the farm in preseason, and Guidry would've either developed some toughness or been gone, And Kylin, who wouldn't or couldn't block a lick, would not have started over Aeris. It's not a coincidence that Fitz' best throwing game that year against TAM was the only time Aeris started and played most of the game, cause Fitz was getting leveled by a helmet between his shoulder blades when he dropped back to pass a lot of the time when Kylin was back there.

JoMo drove that team and this program right into the ground. Then Leach took over and he's trying to build it back now, and he obviously still has a ways to go.

ETA: In 2017 we were 7th scoring offense in conference games at 26.3 pts/game. In 2018 we were 12th at 19.3/game with almost the exact same personnel.

Also ETA: If we just do the minimal and score like we did in 2017 with that D, we probably go 10-2 or 11-1 in 2018. Although we might lose to OM and maybe game before that cause Mullen would've shore enough been shopping himself after that year.

redstickdawg
10-16-2022, 03:53 PM
Both Keenum and Cohen were not qualified for the positions they are in and we could have done much better. If the rumors about not playing in Hump this season are true that is more than enough to send Cohen back to Tuscaloosa tomorrow.

We must have new leadership, what we have is a good ole boys network and all of the incetousness that goes along with choices made due to politics rather than qualifications.

Homedawg
10-16-2022, 05:06 PM
Brother I hate to break it to you but we have already had multiple games under Leach with less than 45,000 in the stands.

A&M didn't have 45 at that one. I don't care what they announced.

msu15
10-16-2022, 05:09 PM
A&M didn't have 45 at that one. I don't care what they announced.

Oh yea for sure. They only ever announce paid but yea the actual number was far lower. My tickets are in section 23 and I didn't have a SOUL around me.

msu15
10-16-2022, 05:10 PM

The receivers were not, but the QB, RB, and offensive line absolutely were up to snuff.

Homedawg
10-16-2022, 05:24 PM
You had the 3rd SEC Total offense leader AND an 1100 yd rusher (that would block) returning behind all but one of the same OLine, which would've been Mullen's best Oline. You had a stud SEC center. Osirus & Guidry probably are better players under Mullen too cause Mullen coached tougher than JoMo. When a coach in the SEC has you indoors in August cause it's too HOT FOR HIM, your team is not gonna be tough. Before FL game, D was pretty good (not so much against KY tho) but after that game Shoop started Toughness Tuesdays for the D and it really took off from there. JoMo still had the Oline playing patty cake instead of bulldozing folks, which they could do.

Mullen most likely would've taken them out to the farm in preseason, and Guidry would've either developed some toughness or been gone, And Kylin, who wouldn't or couldn't block a lick, would not have started over Aeris. It's not a coincidence that Fitz' best throwing game that year against TAM was the only time Aeris started and played most of the game, cause Fitz was getting leveled by a helmet between his shoulder blades when he dropped back to pass a lot of the time when Kylin was back there.

JoMo drove that team and this program right into the ground. Then Leach took over and he's trying to build it back now, and he obviously still has a ways to go.

ETA: In 2017 we were 7th scoring offense in conference games at 26.3 pts/game. In 2018 we were 12th at 19.3/game with almost the exact same personnel.

Also ETA: If we just do the minimal and score like we did in 2017 with that D, we probably go 10-2 or 11-1 in 2018. Although we might lose to OM and maybe game before that cause Mullen would've shore enough been shopping himself after that year.
Mullen would have taken them to the farm- jomo took em to the water park!

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 05:28 PM
Mullen would have taken them to the farm- jomo took em to the water park!

2018 still makes me nauseous and gives me nightmares

Goldendawg
10-16-2022, 05:58 PM
Ok SEC yes, but 2021 all 3 of our non conference games had less than 45,000. I apologize if you meant conference only.

This is our fault for playing OOC teams without a pulse. Wait until you see our next 11:00 AM game against ETU. I'm talking how few people in the seats. not attendance based on ticket sales. I predict right now that only my son and I will be there and I will have 6 tickets that I will have trouble giving away. We had 7 of our 8 seats filled with family & friends for the AR game. I sold the single to a scalper for $20. He sold it to a guy from out of state that just wanted to see the game for $5. I did let him ring my cowbell and he enjoyed it.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2022, 06:02 PM
We get one against ETSU and another one between Auburn and TSUN. 7-5 would be a real accomplishment for this team. Inconsistency is their weakness. Truly impossible to explain.

Goldendawg
10-16-2022, 06:17 PM
We get one against ETSU and another one between Auburn and TSUN. 7-5 would be a real accomplishment for this team. Inconsistency is their weakness. Truly impossible to explain.

We better learn to tackle and stop the run again before we play AU. Our D is struggling.