PDA

View Full Version : 7-5

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-15-2022, 10:17 PM
7-5. Year 3, 18 starters returning, one of the oldest teams in college, the biggest questions marks on the team (OTs) wound up having guys step up, and yet... we will go 7-5.
We will loose to Bama and UGA, and OM is not only better than us, but it's a road game. Pretty clear our team just doesn't care about those.

What a massive letdown.

If you told State fans preseason "the new OTs do really good, kicking doesn't cost us any games, and the team suffers no major injuries" You'd have State fans picking 8-4/9-3. If you also said "Arky and A&M aren't nearly as good as people think, and Kentucky and LSU are mediocre" everyone would pick 9-3, with as many 10-2s as you'd have 8-4s. And if you told us "we will have a pretty effective run game"?... Yet we'll get 7-5. 10-2 should have been more likely with this roster than 7-5. There is literally no excuse for this season, Leach will never have a better roster than this.

Unprepared for road games, lack of discipline, lack of physicality, WRs don't make plays (except for RaRa every other game), Will has honestly regressed from last year (forcing balls that should be picks, throwing behind guys, etc), special teams is poorly coached.

Just like 2020, just like 2021, we will end the year having lost every game it's possible to loose and have as bad of an overall record as is possible. We are not a "bad" team. We weren't really a "bad" team last year either. But somehow, someway, Leach seems to get more Ls than he should.

Goldendawg
10-15-2022, 10:19 PM
7-5. Year 3, 18 starters returning, one of the oldest teams in college, the biggest questions marks on the team (OTs) wound up having guys step up, and yet... we will go 7-5.
We will loose to Bama and UGA, and OM is not only better than us, but it's a road game. Pretty clear our team just doesn't care about those.

What a massive letdown.

If you told State fans preseason "the new OTs do really good, kicking doesn't cost us any games, and the team suffers no major injuries" You'd have State fans picking 8-4/9-3. If you also said "Arky and A&M aren't nearly as good as people think, and Kentucky and LSU are mediocre" everyone would pick 9-3, with as many 10-2s as you'd have 8-4s. And if you told us "we will have a pretty effective run game"?... Yet we'll get 7-5. 10-2 should have been more likely with this roster than 7-5. There is literally no excuse for this season, Leach will never have a better roster than this.

Unprepared for road games, lack of discipline, lack of physicality, WRs don't make plays (except for RaRa every other game), Will has honestly regressed from last year (forcing balls that should be picks, throwing behind guys, etc), special teams is poorly coached.

Just like 2020, just like 2021, we will end the year having lost every game it's possible to loose and have as bad of an overall record as is possible. We are not a "bad" team. We weren't really a "bad" team last year either. But somehow, someway, Leach seems to get more Ls than he should.

Oldest doesn't always mean a year better. In our case just a year older. If oldest meant the best then Williams would be an All American.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2022, 10:27 PM
6-6 was my preseason prediction.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-15-2022, 10:30 PM
Oldest doesn't always mean a year better. In our case just a year older. If oldest meant the best then Williams would be an All American.

A year of experience is HUGE in college. you only get to play in 2-3 seasons, so having one under your belt of SEC lessons learned, an extra year in the weight room etc is huge.

If this roster is 7-5 under Leach, what will his record be with next years roster? Or 2024? We are staring 6-6/5-7 in the face if this and last season is indicative of things to come.

msu15
10-15-2022, 10:53 PM
I am not confident at all that we can beat Auburn. Tank and Derrick Hall absolutely feast on us.

Goldendawg
10-15-2022, 11:01 PM
A year of experience is HUGE in college. you only get to play in 2-3 seasons, so having one under your belt of SEC lessons learned, an extra year in the weight room etc is huge.

If this roster is 7-5 under Leach, what will his record be with next years roster? Or 2024? We are staring 6-6/5-7 in the face if this and last season is indicative of things to come.

Not 5-7, we still have East TN State, an OOC cupcake for sure.

Bothrops
10-15-2022, 11:07 PM
We aren't getting there unless we beat Auburn, and if we'd played them today - same outcome. At any rate, the Auburn game is near meaningless now. We are heading to the abyss as a program, because Kiffin is about to make life a lot worse for State fans, if you know what I mean. If you disagree, let's discuss...

Dawgology
10-15-2022, 11:09 PM
6-6. Said it at the beginning of the season. The standard of mediocrity in the SEC.

maroonmania
10-15-2022, 11:19 PM
I am not confident at all that we can beat Auburn. Tank and Derrick Hall absolutely feast on us.

We are much better at home so I feel confident we will beat Auburn. We aren't beating OM on the road though and will lose to Bama and Georgia. So 7-5 is our most likely outcome. But I do feel its more likely that we lose to Auburn than it is we beat either of Bama, Georgia or OM in Oxford.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2022, 11:24 PM
Auburn will have an interim coach when we play them and Tank Bigsby will get 30 carries.

CadaverDawg
10-15-2022, 11:26 PM
The worst part to me is that during almost every season, our team always shows glimpses, and even full games, that we're capable of winning at a much higher level....so we as fans start to believe we can play at that level enough to win 9 or 10 games. Only to immediately be let down as soon as we start believing.

I would almost rather suck all season long, than to wallop decent teams like A&M and Arkansas and lose to mediocre teams like LSU and Kentucky. It's much easier to deal with when you know you aren't winning going in. It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan.

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2022, 11:37 PM
The worst part to me is that during almost every season, our team always shows glimpses, and even full games, that we're capable of winning at a much higher level....so we as fans start to believe we can play at that level enough to win 9 or 10 games. Only to immediately be let down as soon as we start believing.

I would almost rather suck all season long, than to wallop decent teams like A&M and Arkansas and lose to mediocre teams like LSU and Kentucky. It's much easier to deal with when you know you aren't winning going in. It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan.

Thanks for my new sig line. Perfect summation of life as a State fan.

msu15
10-16-2022, 01:03 AM

Man you are dropping bangers tonight dude.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 01:30 AM
We aren't getting there unless we beat Auburn, and if we'd played them today - same outcome. At any rate, the Auburn game is near meaningless now. We are heading to the abyss as a program, because Kiffin is about to make life a lot worse for State fans, if you know what I mean. If you disagree, let's discuss...

He?s dominating in state recruiting and perception on and off the field.

We better pray to God Oklahoma cans venables and hires Kiffin

Todd4State
10-16-2022, 01:34 AM

The problem is the players think that they have done something after they win a couple of games.

But hell- we treat 2014 like it was the best season ever so maybe it is the fans fault.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 01:47 AM
The problem is the players think that they have done something after they win a couple of games.

But hell- we treat 2014 like it was the best season ever so maybe it is the fans fault.

It may have been better to never be ranked #1. All our fans think that should be the norm every 3rd or 4th year., and top 15 in the out years ****

Todd4State
10-16-2022, 01:56 AM
It may have been better to never be ranked #1. All our fans think that should be the norm every 3rd or 4th year., and top 15 in the out years ****

My problem is while 2014 was a great season even then we lost the Egg Bowl and lost our bowl game. And people talk about how that was the best year ever. That team didn't finish the job either- it just got off to a better start than most MSU teams.

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 02:10 AM
My problem is while 2014 was a great season even then we lost the Egg Bowl and lost our bowl game. And people talk about how that was the best year ever. That team didn't finish the job either- it just got off to a better start than most MSU teams.

That is very true. We slipped up on some folks before they realized how good we were. But when they did realize it, we had to scrap like hell against KY & Arky to win those games, and Arky was at home. We also had Vandy on our schedule.

We've been getting some media hype from the get go this year. We never handle media hype well. And people also forget we lost 2 straight to OM with a Jr & Sr Dak.

Folks seem to forget that Hugh Freeze and OM were tearing us up in recruiting back then. That 2014 class were some of Mullen's worst classes. Dak's, JRob, etc class was in the 40's. OM had flipped some key recruits from that class too.

Now that they can spend with no consequences, they gonna out recruit us for sure. Leach and staff have to do a good job identifying really good developmental players. IMO he needs more time to do that. They do need to do better in-state on top 15 but Mullen got waxed in-state in the 2011 class, which was Dak's class. And with NIL ... makes it harder to do that now too IMO.