PDA

View Full Version : I tried to tell people

Coach34
10-15-2022, 10:16 PM
and I even drank the kool-aid.....but the home team wins this game.

Ugly night with lots of egg on faces

Coach34
10-15-2022, 10:17 PM
"Kentucky only beats us when we arent very goood they said"

Wake up people

Activated Alpha
10-15-2022, 10:19 PM
I am to the point that I am more then willing to hire freeze

Todd4State
10-15-2022, 10:20 PM

To beat Kentucky? That seems insane. He barely beat Gardner-Webb today.

Goldendawg
10-15-2022, 10:23 PM
How many of our players would start for other SEC West teams? Forbes and ?????????

basedog
10-15-2022, 10:26 PM
Pretty sure the team in the white uniforms were very soft up front. Terrible game plan, team was unprepared and un-disciplined.

Goldendawg
10-15-2022, 10:27 PM
When I was a kid, we had Tommy Pharr at QB and David Smith and Sammy Milner at WR. We threw for a ton of yards for those years and lost a ton of games. Can't run some in SEC and play hardnosed physical D, most games you lose. Matters little what year it is.

ScoobaDawg
10-15-2022, 10:27 PM

I told you so. I told you so. I told you so.

Vocabulary of a 3year old. Good on you.

Homedawg
10-15-2022, 10:30 PM

Well I tried to say the same.... this wasn't going to be easy. I got clowned on.
Do your antennas go off every time 34 posts?? I mean good grief. I get it you don't like him. Fine. But to be honest, you're the one that acts like a kid. He doesn't call you out.

msstate7
10-15-2022, 10:35 PM
Maybe leach will retire, and we can somehow luck into rhule

basedog
10-15-2022, 10:37 PM

I think Leach will retire in the next couple of years.

ScoobaDawg
10-15-2022, 10:38 PM
Well I tried to say the same.... this wasn't going to be easy. I got clowned on.
Do your antennas go off every time 34 posts?? I mean good grief. I get it you don't like him. Fine. But to be honest, you're the one that acts like a kid. He doesn't call you out.

It's always funny when people speak shit they know not of..
Your posts said we might lose. You weren't the one to come running to the board and say look at me.. instead of this team sucks or something relevant not about themselves.

Further more I don't have to defend myself.

EdwardDrayton
10-15-2022, 10:39 PM

Oh hell no

CaptainObvious
10-15-2022, 10:40 PM
When I was a kid, we had Tommy Pharr at QB and David Smith and Sammy Milner at WR. We threw for a ton of yards for those years and lost a ton of games. Can't run some in SEC and play hardnosed physical D, most games you lose. Matters little what year it is.

Great point! And we saw it first hand! Their QB is a legit NFL prospect, yet they ran the ball down our throats and when they had 3rd down the QB was 7-7 for 138 yards. When they needed 3rd and more than 8, they got it 6 times and made it on 4th down 4 times. Meanwhile Will had enough time to carve the Turkey and bake the pumpkin pie and still couldn?t find a guy more than 5 yards down field. In fact, I counted at least 4 times where he had more than 5 seconds and still threw a 2 yard pass. After their 3rd Qtr FG, the offense came out with hair on fire and used less than 10 seconds on the play clock to drive it 75 yards for the go ahead TD. The next 4 possessions we went back to using 20 or more of the 25 second clock changing the play called at least a dozen times. Leach needs to take that away from Will. Script it and run it in 15 seconds or less.

Saltydog
10-15-2022, 10:41 PM
You also said:

"Normally I'd be very worried about this game but Ive watched Kentucky the last 2 weeks and they are so soft upfront. Thats their problem this year and will hamper them down the line."

"Already -6.5 on DraftKings. Just hit it before it goes to 7"

"agree. I have us at -6.5 and I'm not concerned. It should be a 31-14 or so type of game unless their OL suddenly protects Levis way better than they have all year"

"They arent good enough in the trenches to beat us. Sharps bet on trends and history to play the percentages because in the long run they work out. This isnt one of those times unless we are just flat Saturday."

"Airbone 34 Basketball School 14"

"Normally I'd be very worried about this game but Ive watched Kentucky the last 2 weeks and they are so soft upfront. Thats their problem this year..."

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-15-2022, 10:50 PM
You also said:

Normally I'd be very worried about this game but Ive watched Kentucky the last 2 weeks and they are so soft upfront. Thats their problem this year and will hamper them down the line.

Already -6.5 on DraftKings. Just hit it before it goes to 7

agree. I have us at -6.5 and I'm not concerned. It should be a 31-14 or so type of game unless their OL suddenly protects Levis way better than they have all year

They arent good enough in the trenches to beat us. Sharps bet on trends and history to play the percentages because in the long run they work out. This isnt one of those times unless we are just flat Saturday.

Airbone 34 Basketball School 14

Normally I'd be very worried about this game but Ive watched Kentucky the last 2 weeks and they are so soft upfront. Thats their problem this year...

Weird C34 full of it as always.

Not a great night for State but the season isn't over.

Continue to melt because Ole Miss continued to barely capitalize on their favorable early schedule.

SMH

BeardoMSU
10-15-2022, 10:53 PM

The **** you did, lol.

msu15
10-15-2022, 10:54 PM

He'd be an upgrade for sure.

Bothrops
10-15-2022, 10:56 PM

Wake up people

We aren't good and going 6-6 (2-6)

TALL DAWG
10-15-2022, 11:02 PM
Our offense absolutely SUCKED tonight.
Only 10 pts scored against that defense?!?
#ChokeJob

BeardoMSU
10-15-2022, 11:04 PM
You also said:

"Normally I'd be very worried about this game but Ive watched Kentucky the last 2 weeks and they are so soft upfront. Thats their problem this year and will hamper them down the line."

"Already -6.5 on DraftKings. Just hit it before it goes to 7"

"agree. I have us at -6.5 and I'm not concerned. It should be a 31-14 or so type of game unless their OL suddenly protects Levis way better than they have all year"

"They arent good enough in the trenches to beat us. Sharps bet on trends and history to play the percentages because in the long run they work out. This isnt one of those times unless we are just flat Saturday."

"Airbone 34 Basketball School 14"

"Normally I'd be very worried about this game but Ive watched Kentucky the last 2 weeks and they are so soft upfront. Thats their problem this year..."

Fake news, bro**

Bothrops
10-15-2022, 11:05 PM
To beat Kentucky? That seems insane. He barely beat Gardner-Webb today.

I'm not sure anyone can win here. More than 6-6, 7-5. The obstacles are pretty overwhelming.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2022, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure anyone can win here. More than 6-6, 7-5. The obstacles are pretty overwhelming.

6-6 at MSU is pretty easy. 9-3 or better is damn hard.

It can be done. But it takes the right coach who runs the right system for MSU. And he better be able to recruit. Then you need the stars to align every 5-7 years like nearly happened under Mullen. And did happen under JWS to win the West.

Leach can't recruit and his system is shit against any good defense.

tribaldawg
10-16-2022, 12:14 AM
6-6 at MSU is pretty easy. 9-3 or better is damn hard.

It can be done. But it takes the right coach who runs the right system for MSU. And he better be able to recruit. Then you need the stars to align every 5-7 years like nearly happened under Mullen. And did happen under JWS to win the West.

Leach can't recruit and his system is shit against any good defense.

According to most on here Kiffin has a great offensive system and is a master recruiter. OM scored 5 more than we did against Kentucky and had Kentucky at home.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 01:22 AM

The right coach can win here. Mississippi state isn?t a bad job .

Our problem is we recruit way worse than our potential. We are investing way too much into freaking baseball that more than half the people don?t even care about . Stop caring about worthless sports like soccer and volleyball and start ponying up and getting serious about recruiting elite talent .

If you do not recruit top 15 , you do not stand a chance in the SEC. Mississippi state has the ability to recruit top 15 if we go all in with football. But I do not think Mississippi state is all in on football.

What has held Kentucky back in football for years was the fan base obsession with basketball and when they?d lose a game they?d say well it?s basketball season just like our fanbase does with baseball.

If you have a good football program. The money from that will pay itself forward for the other programs.

I still think we can go 8-4 but damn I don?t believe we will. 7-5 with a egg bowl loss and there will be some major decisions to be made.

Lord McBuckethead
10-16-2022, 01:26 AM
The season?s goal is over.

Todd4State
10-16-2022, 02:04 AM

Well, number one I just don't think Freeze is all that great. In fact I don't think he would be any better than Leach. When he was at Ole Miss he lost to Memphis and always had some head scratching losses. Sounds familiar?

We are a place that coaches can win at. Going back to Jackie all of our coaches have won at least 8 games a year and Leach will probably continue that at some point in his time here. Bellard and Tyler won here even before Jackie so really it has just been Felker that hasn't had at least one big season.

At the same time I think we can do more and haven't really reached our potential ever either.

Dawgface
10-16-2022, 06:56 AM

Yep. I can't stand 'I told you so' people.

IMissJack
10-16-2022, 06:57 AM
It?s not only about recruiting. It?s about dollars. MSU expects to beat top 10 classes by investing in top 40 classes. Not going to happen with any system.

phatdog
10-16-2022, 07:14 AM
Kentucky beat our asses

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 07:21 AM
It?s not only about recruiting. It?s about dollars. MSU expects to beat top 10 classes by investing in top 40 classes. Not going to happen with any system.

Did you know that we have a pitcher who can throw 95 with each arm ??

CarolinaDawgs
10-16-2022, 07:32 AM

Wake up people

This dude is a straight up *****. Couldn?t wait to post this

CarolinaDawgs
10-16-2022, 07:33 AM
This is pu$$y not bitch btw

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 08:31 AM

Well if you call a win and a loss do you get to spike the football being right?

34 you called for MSU win like 34-17 so you don't get to default on the home team wins call.

MSU dominated this series for a long time until MSU decline the past 5 years. We used to be a better program but looks like UK has passed us by as well.

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 08:32 AM

It ain't about dollars either, just ask ATM.

Bdawg
10-16-2022, 08:43 AM
It ain't about dollars either, just ask ATM.

It’s about both. Need a good coach, plus a staff that’s recruits their butt off. I’m afraid now, the only thing you need in recruiting is money with NIL.

Jacknut
10-16-2022, 09:36 AM
1. it's hard to win on the road in the SEC
2. as Leach said in his press conference, we didn't have a good week of practice and it showed. I think the players thought KY would melt just because they showed up.
3. Hope we can regroup and nobody gets hurt when Bama destroys us next week

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-16-2022, 02:46 PM
1) predict every possible outcome. 2) after the event, cite the prediction that best fit reality and ignore all the ones that were wrong.

- playbook of politicians, weathermen, and apparently C34.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-16-2022, 02:51 PM
2. as Leach said in his press conference, we didn't have a good week of practice and it showed. I think the players thought KY would melt just because they showed up.

I'll never understand how a team with no history of winning, no personal experience with winning, and no recent big wins can be so full of themselves. State lost to a bad LSU. State beat an unranked A&M and QB less unranked Arkansas. But they think they'll mop the floor with recently top 10 Kentucky @ Kentucky? Kentucky lost to USCe but without ELavis, and they should have beaten OM @OM. And we think we can get off the bus and they'll piss their pants and quit? How is it possible for a team to be so delusional about who they are?

But we've ALWAYS done this. Under Mullen, under Moorhead ('18 we talked a lot of shit leading up to Kentucky as if we had already proven anything) and now Leach. I don't get it.

parabrave
10-16-2022, 03:21 PM

Hey 7 are you OK/ After This Braves, MSU and Saint weekend we want to do a welfare check on ya!

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 03:47 PM

As HC, if Leach knew this he should have corrected it before going into Lexington. What is up with that?

Percho
10-16-2022, 04:23 PM
Great point! And we saw it first hand! Their QB is a legit NFL prospect, yet they ran the ball down our throats and when they had 3rd down the QB was 7-7 for 138 yards. When they needed 3rd and more than 8, they got it 6 times and made it on 4th down 4 times. Meanwhile Will had enough time to carve the Turkey and bake the pumpkin pie and still couldn?t find a guy more than 5 yards down field. In fact, I counted at least 4 times where he had more than 5 seconds and still threw a 2 yard pass. After their 3rd Qtr FG, the offense came out with hair on fire and used less than 10 seconds on the play clock to drive it 75 yards for the go ahead TD. The next 4 possessions we went back to using 20 or more of the 25 second clock changing the play called at least a dozen times. Leach needs to take that away from Will. Script it and run it in 15 seconds or less.

I agree with this post. Call a play and run it. Then get up to the line and run another. Anytime we jack around looking things over we play like crap.

Percho
10-16-2022, 04:24 PM
Impose your will upon the defense rather than take what they give you.

coachnorm
10-16-2022, 04:55 PM

What in the hell was Leach practicing? #4 "The Down Field Duck" is practicing the screen game? Practicing #4 screens when he is a Randy Moss guy. Practicing that good or bad is just bad because you are practicing it at all. It seemed that everyone but us were launching the ball deep down field and getting chunk plays or holding/pass interference yardage? Maybe we had a bad week of practice because we were practicing garbage to start with. I attended last years Kentucky game and we launched down field and threw very few short garbage passes. Maybe we practiced better last year? In the Alabama vs Tennessee game both quarterbacks threw the ball away deep and they drew penalties or the 50-50 balls were caught by their receivers and we practice check downs and punt?