PDA

View Full Version : Will isn't the answer....

ScoobaDawg
10-15-2022, 10:11 PM
He can't hit anything long to open up game.
And what's that say about Leach if all our all star players can't beat him out.

We win 1 more and get bowl eligible.
Bama and Georgia are going to rape us.
I don't feel we have a chance in hell VS Mississippi with how our run defense did tonight

Yea. This sucks ass. Where's the fun and gun.
We looked like shit tonight. Back to drinking.

basedog
10-15-2022, 10:35 PM
I think it’s more Leach isn’t the answer. He is a average Coach but maybe that’s all we are.

msstate7
10-15-2022, 10:38 PM
I think it’s more Leach isn’t the answer. He is an ellaverage Coach but maybe that’s all we are.

Well, will only plays if the coach is leach.

Goldendawg
10-15-2022, 10:40 PM
Our D stats have turned very bad also. Someone said 7-5 but at this point AU should run Tank Bixby virtually every down.

ScoobaDawg
Well, will only plays if the coach is leach.

exactly. all we hear is the other all-star qb recruits aren't ready. why is that.
and if it's because they don't get practice or game time.. that shit aint gonna fly in the nli world.

CoachT14
Be careful. I know some folks around here won?t stand for any blame to be put on their anointed one.

Goldendawg
10-15-2022, 10:46 PM
exactly. all we hear is the other all-star qb recruits aren't ready. why is that.
and if it's because they don't get practice or game time.. that shit aint gonna fly in the nli world.

If we go 6-6, get ready for many of our position rooms to empty quickly in a race to the portal.

CaptainObvious
10-15-2022, 10:47 PM
This L is in the players, both Offense and Defense. And Will Rogers is the kingpin of this loss. I am so tired of It?s the coaching. Bull crap! They all sucked tonight. What pisses me off is they proved me right because I expected it. I sure wish they would have proved me wrong!

Oh yeah. On this night of Stellar Performance, we can now throw away the old <22 yard punt> expression! We have a new one. <the 4 yard punt>😲😲😲😲😲

chef dixon
10-15-2022, 10:50 PM
Will is fine against average or bad teams at home where things are on schedule and comfortable. When it's more than that, he's not in the same league as the game around him.

CadaverDawg
10-15-2022, 10:51 PM
Leach is the issue, and unfortunately Cohen is just as big of an issue, and he would be the one we'd be asking to make a better hire. We're headed back to the cellar, and our fan base seems to have little option but to accept it and witness it as long as you can. I think I may be done. I knew when we were up 3-0 that we would lose, and that UK would pull away late via the ground game. Even posted about it in the game thread. Our team and program are so easy to read it's crazy. We are constantly failing when the lights are the brightest. Can't stand success. Mentally weak. It's in our DNA as a program. I just don't know if there's any changing it. Nick Saban couldn't turn this program into one that can win at a high level. Mentally weak and lack the talent to overcome it. Tonight I realize that it's time to accept it.

Saltydog
10-15-2022, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I agree. He just isn't athletic enough. If he had the ability to possibly even get 4-5 yards on the scramble we'd be hell on wheels. Robertson has that but it's going to be wasted I'm afraid and he'll end up somewhere else.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2022, 10:58 PM
I said this weeks ago. Will Rogers is great, but he doesn?t have what it takes to beat a good team. He just doesn?t. He has to constantly make perfect throws for it to work, and in the SEC even a shitty team can force you into hard to execute situations.

Now maybe we just matchup terribly against LSU and Kentucky, but they are not good teams.

Can Will throw the ball 35 yards down field when it counts? I really do not know. I think he can, but with two high safeties, it takes too long to get there. UT, Bama, and GA would beat us by a combine 75 easily. Hell Bama and GA may in the upcoming weeks.

I really want to believe in this team, but now the goal of this season is over. I still say, Sawyer needs snaps. I want to see if this kid can run the offense, with the 1st string in there, knowing it is his team for the game. With more than a week to prepare. I want to see it. He is faster. He has a stronger arm. And sure, he will probably lose some games he shouldn?t, but I would rather get those out of the way now because next season just started since Atlanta is now out of reach.

MaroonFlounder
10-15-2022, 11:04 PM
We are stuck with Rogers 2 more years. He is not draftable.

He will own all kinds of offensive records, but we will have very few SEC wins to show for it.

ScoobaDawg
10-15-2022, 11:06 PM
We are stuck with Rogers 2 more years. He is not draftable.

He will own all kinds of offensive records, but we will have very few SEC wins to show for it.

Unless leach leaves. He wouldn't start for any other coach.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Unfortunately Cohen extended Leach before the season so we have 2 more years of Leach and Rogers

EdwardDrayton
10-15-2022, 11:41 PM
Leach is the issue, and unfortunately Cohen is just as big of an issue, and he would be the one we'd be asking to make a better hire. We're headed back to the cellar, and our fan base seems to have little option but to accept it and witness it as long as you can. I think I may be done. I knew when we were up 3-0 that we would lose, and that UK would pull away late via the ground game. Even posted about it in the game thread. Our team and program are so easy to read it's crazy. We are constantly failing when the lights are the brightest. Can't stand success. Mentally weak. It's in our DNA as a program. I just don't know if there's any changing it. Nick Saban couldn't turn this program into one that can win at a high level. Mentally weak and lack the talent to overcome it. Tonight I realize that it's time to accept it.

I?ve always been and still am a fan of John Cohen. But I?ve also believed for awhile now we would improve our position with a professional AD. Unfortunately Keenum doesn?t seem capable of making it happen.

DesotoDog1967
10-16-2022, 08:21 AM
What about that kid Chris Parson? Is he still coming?

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 08:24 AM
Unfortunately Cohen extended Leach before the season so we have 2 more years of Leach and Rogers

Buddy if he loses the egg bowl he?s fired.

msstate7
10-16-2022, 08:41 AM

Doubtful

R2Dawg
10-16-2022, 08:42 AM
I'm not saying Will is a great QB but he runs Leach's system to perfection hence all the yards and records. He is doing what Leach wants. It is more the HC than anything. Don't blame Will anyway, he is just doing what HC wants him and allows him to do. Leach can do what he wants, he answers to no one.

Apoplectic
10-16-2022, 08:43 AM
No - ridiculous

bulldawg28
10-16-2022, 10:16 AM

We're losing that game unless something drastic happens. Leach and Kiffin have done a good job of making it just another game on the schedule. They know the importance of it but have somehow minimized it for the coaches benefit regardless of the outcome.

FISHDAWG
10-16-2022, 10:24 AM
I think we are allergic to being ranked

DownwardDawg
10-16-2022, 10:34 AM
I think we are allergic to being ranked

Lol. Well, we won't have to worry about that anymore this year.

ScooterDog
10-16-2022, 11:09 AM
I?m with you Buckethead, It?s time to let Sawyer get some snaps. Let him get some experience. What have we got to loose.

NCDawg
10-16-2022, 11:27 AM
Will had a bad game for sure. but I don't place all the blame on him. Our pass defense is terrible and has been all year. We have one good DB, Forbes.

Mjoelner34
10-16-2022, 12:18 PM
I'm not saying Will is a great QB but he runs Leach's system to perfection hence all the yards and records. He is doing what Leach wants. It is more the HC than anything. Don't blame Will anyway, he is just doing what HC wants him and allows him to do. Leach can do what he wants, he answers to no one.

So Leach was calling for the 2yd check-downs over and over last night? As I posted last night, they launch a 50yd bomb with somebody in the QBs face about to level him while we throw a 2yd dump off as soon as somebody is within 4yds of the QB. I'm not saying the receivers were open downfield but it seemed like we were never giving them a chance to get open before throwing the dump-offs even though more often than not, we had the time.

In the end though, it is on Leach because he always says "You're either coaching it or allowing it." Last night, I thought he allowed way too much of it.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 12:22 PM
I?m with you Buckethead, It?s time to let Sawyer get some snaps. Let him get some experience. What have we got to loose.

The rest of the season???

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 12:25 PM
So Leach was calling for the 2yd check-downs over and over last night? As I posted last night, they launch a 50yd bomb with somebody in the QBs face about to level him while we throw a 2yd dump off as soon as somebody is within 4yds of the QB. I'm not saying the receivers were open downfield but it seemed like we were never giving them a chance to get open before throwing the dump-offs even though more often than not, we had the time.

In the end though, it is on Leach because he always says "You're either coaching it or allowing it." Last night, I thought he allowed way too much of it.

Exactly. Even Couch last night was saying that Rogers has to know what he is looking at and it's generally the safety. Leach isn't calling 2 yard dumps. In fact, Will can check down to a run and has all year. There are no excuses for this game at all. not on any side, not even refs. But Leach isn't calling for 2 yard dumps

dawgday166
10-16-2022, 12:28 PM

This happens a lot and you're correct ... When Will is pressured a few times he gets in a hurry to get rid of the ball and doesn't give downfield patterns time to develop.

When he's really good ... he has all day to throw back there. That happened a lot against Arky & TAM.

msu15
10-16-2022, 07:29 PM
The rest of the season???

If Sawyer started we wouldn't win another game besides East Tennessee State. Will is absolutely our best current option.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2022, 07:38 PM
This happens a lot and you're correct ... When Will is pressured a few times he gets in a hurry to get rid of the ball and doesn't give downfield patterns time to develop.

When he's really good ... he has all day to throw back there. That happened a lot against Arky & TAM.

Yep this. As one example from last night, in the 4th quarter, we had a wheel route down the left sideline wide open and will checked down to the back. Could've been a big gainer but turned into a 3 yard gain. I think leach summed Will up in the pc in saying he played frantic. He seemed jumpy and nervous from the get go. Offenses take on the demeanor of their qb for better or worse and Will never seemed settled or calm last night. There were some plays there to be made that could've made a difference but we didn't hit em. Qb always gets to much credit and to much blame, just comes with the position

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 07:45 PM
Will had a bad game for sure. but I don't place all the blame on him. Our pass defense is terrible and has been all year. We have one good DB, Forbes.

Our defense scored 7 points
Our offense scored 10

Everyone please stop blaming the defense when they are consistently holding the opposing teams not named Alabama to 31 points or under .

With a ? air raid offense? we should be able to get in the mid 30?s against most teams.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2022, 08:02 PM
If Sawyer started we wouldn't win another game besides East Tennessee State. Will is absolutely our best current option.

We're probably only winning 1 more than that regardless. So I don't think it matters. I'm not advocating we start Sawyer the rest of the year, but to act like it would ruin the season is crazy...the season was ruined last night and in Baton Rouge with Rogers at the helm

Goldendawg
10-16-2022, 08:10 PM
What about that kid Chris Parson? Is he still coming?

On the 24/7 weekly updates on how our commits are playing, I don't think he has played the last 2 games. Hurt, anyone got any info?

Coach34
10-16-2022, 08:20 PM

So what? Thats says alot more about Leach than Sawyer.

msu15
10-16-2022, 09:29 PM
So what? Thats says alot more about Leach than Sawyer.

It definitely shows a lot about where Sawyer is right now. He looked like shit in practice as well as his time so far on the field.

msu15
10-16-2022, 09:30 PM
We're probably only winning 1 more than that regardless. So I don't think it matters. I'm not advocating we start Sawyer the rest of the year, but to act like it would ruin the season is crazy...the season was ruined last night and in Baton Rouge with Rogers at the helm
I didn't say it would ruin the season, but Rogers at least gives them a chance against Auburn. If Sawyer started that game we would lose by 3 scores. He'll never start a game here for a reason.

Catfish
10-16-2022, 09:37 PM
On the 24/7 weekly updates on how our commits are playing, I don't think he has played the last 2 games. Hurt, anyone got any info?

I read that he hurt his leg and had minor surgery. Not expected to miss but one or two games.

NCDawg
10-17-2022, 12:17 AM

I wonder if Sawyer can run. It helps to have a QB that can take off when need be-such as Ole Miss, Alabama, LSU, and most other good teams have. Like on the goal line for instance, opposing teams know Will is going to hand off and they key on the RB because they know Will isn't going to keep it.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2022, 05:28 AM
From Leach's post game presser: " In the meantime, we’re trying to be too perfect, these perfect little plays. Look how long it took us to get a snap off. That’s just ridiculous."

I took this as a frustrating shot at Rogers. Leach didn't like the pre snap calls at the LOS.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2022, 05:33 AM

Is there anyway in hell we can get Luke Altmyer to transfer in? Just thinking if Sawyer isn't cutting it.

NCDawg
10-17-2022, 11:26 AM
Is there anyway in hell we can get Luke Altmyer to transfer in? Just thinking if Sawyer isn't cutting it.

Amazing. Highly recruited 4 star QB from Texas signs with State, and turns out he's not worth a darn. I suppose the other 2 QB's we signed from Texas, Greek and Locke, aren't any good either.

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 11:30 AM

He's just a freshman. Will wasn't ready then either. He was just forced into action. He's going to be the next guy when it's time.

Cooterpoot
10-17-2022, 11:45 AM

Why? He sucks

Cooterpoot
10-17-2022, 11:49 AM
Rogers cant handle the mental games DCs play. He has guys open but dumps it off. He was lost as a damn goose with all the looks KY gave him. And it was the same damn looks he saw last year.
But, for our coach to come out and say he knew we weren't ready is also an indictment on him and that staff. I really hope we let some kids walk end of season and fill their spots with transfers. I've seen enough of some of these guys. They aren't good enough.

basedog
10-17-2022, 12:11 PM
Rogers cant handle the mental games DCs play. He has guys open but dumps it off. He was lost as a damn goose with all the looks KY gave him. And it was the same damn looks he saw last year.
But, for our coach to come out and say he knew we weren't ready is also an indictment on him and that staff. I really hope we let some kids walk end of season and fill their spots with transfers. I've seen enough of some of these guys. They aren't good enough.

How can a 5 million Dollar Coach say he knew we were in trouble because we had a bad week of practice? If I'm Cohen we would be having a good long conversation Sunday afternoon. I was shocked to hear Leach say that.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2022, 12:25 PM
How can a 5 million Dollar Coach say he knew we were in trouble because we had a bad week of practice? If I'm Cohen we would be having a good long conversation Sunday afternoon. I was shocked to hear Leach say that.

Well, the alternative is blowing smoke - and Leach isn't known for doing that. And, he's likely right. Base, you seem like you have been around a enough teams to know that for some reason they can just be "off". Sometimes they get over it and have a good game, and sometimes they don't and lay an egg. It's why programs like Alabama are the exception and not the rule. I'd much rather hear Leach say that than "Not enough STRAIN".

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 12:41 PM
Well, the alternative is blowing smoke - and Leach isn't known for doing that. And, he's likely right. Base, you seem like you have been around a enough teams to know that for some reason they can just be "off". Sometimes they get over it and have a good game, and sometimes they don't and lay an egg. It's why programs like Alabama are the exception and not the rule. I'd much rather hear Leach say that than "Not enough STRAIN".

And the truth is, even with ALL the talent Bama has, UT still needed their help to win. Bama gave that game away. B Robinson on the punt return for example. All teams have these games, it's just that Bama, UGA and others can over come them due to talent alone. Bama friend of mine told me they would lose at least 1 game after watching play for 3 weeks. And they by far have the best Roster in NCAA.

Sometimes I think our fans believe we have that type of roster or should never have the issues that bama has had every year.

Hope that made sense.

NCDawg
10-17-2022, 12:44 PM
He's just a freshman. Will wasn't ready then either. He was just forced into action. He's going to be the next guy when it's time.

I thought he was a redshirt freshman, in which case he should be ready to contribute if he's going to contribute.

basedog
10-17-2022, 12:46 PM

I don't care who is the Coach, but when a coach says we had a bad week of practice, just doesn't set in with me. I don't care what sport it is; Coaches are paid to get their team ready. Would you feel good about attending a game knowing the team isn't prepared? That is exactly what Leach meant. I realize teams can have a letdown, but not good teams that have momentum going and for some reason aren't focused during the week. It all comes back to who is in charge. Leach didn't say a bad practice or two, he said a week. That is not good, lack of motivation begins with getting your team ready and prepared. Btw, we can blame our defense, but never have I ever heard of a Coach not taking an interest in what is going on with game planning.

Btw, 7-5 isn't all bad at Msu, if he can win the games he is supposed to win, I'm ok with that. We were awful in all phases of the game, no wonder we had so many penalties, lack of execution in practice has a lot to do with the game being played.

Btw Bruins, you are a good fan and good dude, I'm not mad at you or anyone on this board. I just don't agree with some, and I hope to grow wool like I use to do in the ole days, but since I retired things change, LOL!

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 12:49 PM

Yeah hearing that doesn't make anyone happy but I've heard the same thing from coaches at the high school
level all the way up to Belichick say the exact same thing. Still sucks.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 12:53 PM
I don't care who is the Coach, but when a coach says we had a bad week of practice, just doesn't set in with me. I don't care what sport it is; Coaches are paid to get their team ready. Would you feel good about attending a game knowing the team isn't prepared? That is exactly what Leach meant. I realize teams can have a letdown, but not good teams that have momentum going and for some reason aren't focused during the week. It all comes back to who is in charge. Leach didn't say a bad practice or two, he said a week. That is not good, lack of motivation begins with getting your team ready and prepared. Btw, we can blame our defense, but never have I ever heard of a Coach not taking an interest in what is going on with game planning.

Btw, 7-5 isn't all bad at Msu, if he can win the games he is supposed to win, I'm ok with that. We were awful in all phases of the game, no wonder we had so many penalties, lack of execution in practice has a lot to do with the game being played.

Btw Bruins, you are a good fan and good dude, I'm not mad at you or anyone on this board. I just don't agree with some, and I hope to grow wool like I use to do in the ole days, but since I retired things change, LOL!

I will be happy with 7-5 if it includes a victory over OM, losing 3 in a row to them with 7-5, not so happy at all. When we beat AU and ETS, we should play to our abilities and finish 8-4 with that victory over OM. "Play" like we did at KY, it's a failure 6-6 regular season, 6-7 with a loss in a meaningless bowl.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2022, 12:56 PM
And the truth is, even with ALL the talent Bama has, UT still needed their help to win. Bama gave that game away. B Robinson on the punt return for example. All teams have these games, it's just that Bama, UGA and others can over come them due to talent alone. Bama friend of mine told me they would lose at least 1 game after watching play for 3 weeks. And they by far have the best Roster in NCAA.

Sometimes I think our fans believe we have that type of roster or should never have the issues that bama has had every year.

Hope that made sense.

I think we also have a lot of fans who don't watch a lot of other teams. A&M, UK, Auburn, LSU, Florida, MSU, Arkansas and maybe USC are all in the same boat right now. They are good teams that will ebb and flow this season based on mistakes, injuries, and the ability to stay "up". UT, UGA, Bama, are elite, and will overcome most of their issues by out talenting everyone unless they are playing each other. Then you have a result like Bama Saturday - where Bama did as much to beat themselves as UT did. OM is still an unknown. They have played poorly against some bad teams, played well against some bad teams. They maybe a step above the "same boat" group, but may not be. They could have stolen Auburn's lucky horseshoe they had crammed up their ass for a decade. Vandy and Missouri SUCK and can't even take advantage of other teams playing them like shit.

NCDawg
10-17-2022, 12:57 PM

Hope that made sense.

Pretty obvious we don't have the talent Alabama has, but our lackadaisical performance at Kentucky is inexcusable. I'm pretty sure we have better overall talent than Kentucky. I don't expect us to come close to beating Alabama. They have too much speed and talent. They probably have the best RB in the nation is Gibbs. If he gets to the outside, no way we're catching him.

basedog
10-17-2022, 12:59 PM
Yeah hearing that doesn't make anyone happy but I've heard the same thing from coaches at the high school
level all the way up to Belichick say the exact same thing. Still sucks.

I guess I'm ole school, I never said that with any team I had, never ever heard any coaches I played for or even coached against talk about not practicing good and knew they were in trouble going into a game. Oh, I had teams (a few) that I had to work their tail off to get their attention, my thought was if practice wasn't going well, we would stop and work on conditioning. Played football and had a Coach who saw things going bad in practice and he would stop things, and we went into tackling drills and one on one blocking. Got everyone attention.

Enough from me, on to the next game. LOL

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 01:06 PM
I guess I'm ole school, I never said that with any team I had, never ever heard any coaches I played for or even coached against talk about not practicing good and knew they were in trouble going into a game. Oh, I had teams (a few) that I had to work their tail off to get their attention, my thought was if practice wasn't going well, we would stop and work on conditioning. Played football and had a Coach who saw things going bad in practice and he would stop things, and we went into tackling drills and one on one blocking. Got everyone attention.

Base, I'm right there with ya! I went by the theory I learned when I was young, Make practice hell so games seem like a walk in the park. You know yourself though you get a feel for a team and when somethings just not quite right and no matter how hard you push, they still don't respond like you want too.

I remember hearing Belichik talking to Brady on the sideline back 2009 i think it was at the end of a game they were losing badly. And he was telling Brady no matter what he tried he just couldn't get the team to perform and that they weren't mentally tough and Brady was agreeing.

I always appreciate and respect your opinions, Base. They're always good and always rational!

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 01:09 PM

Didn't he specifically say Tuesday and Wednesday?

Anyway, no, it's not just up to the coaches. It's up to the team. But Leach did take the blame as well. Fact is, sometimes you do what you can do and when that doesn't work, they learn the hard way. Saying it out loud isn't a problem. It is holding everybody accountable to the world.

My opinion is that It could be the mental difference to this team. They have it said out loud. It showed up. and maybe that helps them grow in the right direction. Sort of like when I got in trouble as a kid and one of my friends wanted me to go out or play. Not only was I dealing with the grounding and arse beating, I had to deal with the embarrassment when my friends heard my parents say "he can't go out because he did 'x' and we don't accept that behavior".

I hope they are embarrassed, pissed, and motivated. ALONG WITH THE STAFF!

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:11 PM
I think we also have a lot of fans who don't watch a lot of other teams. A&M, UK, Auburn, LSU, Florida, MSU, Arkansas and maybe USC are all in the same boat right now. They are good teams that will ebb and flow this season based on mistakes, injuries, and the ability to stay "up". UT, UGA, Bama, are elite, and will overcome most of their issues by out talenting everyone unless they are playing each other. Then you have a result like Bama Saturday - where Bama did as much to beat themselves as UT did. OM is still an unknown. They have played poorly against some bad teams, played well against some bad teams. They maybe a step above the "same boat" group, but may not be. They could have stolen Auburn's lucky horseshoe they had crammed up their ass for a decade. Vandy and Missouri SUCK and can't even take advantage of other teams playing them like shit.

I will never understand why MO was even invited to join the SEC. Very bad fit except adding KC/StL tv market, if people even watch.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:13 PM
Pretty obvious we don't have the talent Alabama has, but our lackadaisical performance at Kentucky is inexcusable. I'm pretty sure we have better overall talent than Kentucky. I don't expect us to come close to beating Alabama. They have too much speed and talent. They probably have the best RB in the nation is Gibbs. If he gets to the outside, no way we're catching him.

Correcting your post: when Gibbs gets outside.

HancockCountyDog
10-17-2022, 01:16 PM
Look - this isn't hard. The reason we looked so good against A&M and Arkansas is that we ran the ball, which created passing lanes for Will.

We had 7 designed runs the entire game.

S-E-V-E-N

That is ridiculous I'm not a huge Time of Possession guy, but they had the ball 40 minutes to our 20. They had 73 plays to our 47.

We cannot win football games if we only run it 7 times. People can talk about Kentucky and their run game, but we did this to ourselves.

Will is going to look average to below average if we give him zero run game. The big issue is that he threw it 37 times for 203 yards which is just awful.

I'm really just bummed out because I really thought we had turned a corner in the run game and that Leach had figured something out. It is possible Arkansas and A&M are just not good.

Finally, we have to find some depth in the front seven. I swear that Wheat, Johnson and Watson didn't come out all game. It is not surprising that they wore down. We have to develop some depth.

NCDawg
10-17-2022, 01:18 PM
I don't know whether it's true or not, but I heard somebody say when Bear Bryant was coach at Alabama and playing State at Scott Field, he wasn't satisfied with how his team played in the first half and made them have head-on tackling in the end zone at the half instead of going to the dressing room. Of course, Alabama won as they did every game against us while Bryant was coach except 1980.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2022, 01:25 PM

I get you Base. I'm actually pretty old school too. Very much about taking care of team issues within the team and not outside the team. But, if the Leach has done all he can and still couldn't get it from the inside, sometimes saying it publicly is the only way. I do like that he took accountability for it when he did.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:26 PM
I don't know whether it's true or not, but I heard somebody say when Bear Bryant was coach at Alabama and playing State at Scott Field, he wasn't satisfied with how his team played in the first half and made them have head-on tackling in the end zone at the half instead of going to the dressing room. Of course, Alabama won as they did every game against us while Bryant was coach except 1980.

I also read many times that many teams dreaded playing us in years past, because win or lose we were a very physical team who left them bruised and battered. I don't think any opponent feels this way the last few years I am not against Coach Leach, but we must be able to also run the ball and be physical on D. Our tackling against KY looked like a matador waving his cape. They could not get off the field. We looked totally intimidated on O and D. ST continue to be a joke.

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 01:31 PM
Look - this isn't hard. The reason we looked so good against A&M and Arkansas is that we ran the ball, which created passing lanes for Will.

We had 7 designed runs the entire game.

S-E-V-E-N

That is ridiculous I'm not a huge Time of Possession guy, but they had the ball 40 minutes to our 20. They had 73 plays to our 47.

We cannot win football games if we only run it 7 times. People can talk about Kentucky and their run game, but we did this to ourselves.

Will is going to look average to below average if we give him zero run game. The big issue is that he threw it 37 times for 203 yards which is just awful.

I'm really just bummed out because I really thought we had turned a corner in the run game and that Leach had figured something out. It is possible Arkansas and A&M are just not good.

Finally, we have to find some depth in the front seven. I swear that Wheat, Johnson and Watson didn't come out all game. It is not surprising that they wore down. We have to develop some depth.

I think the runs or lack of is a direct result of Rogers seeing too many in the box and them dropping back after the snap and then the injuries. It's hard to run a RB with a torn MCL. Or run a RB that has seen his minutes drop off due to being banged up. Add to that Sharp going down which changed the OL.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:34 PM
I think the runs or lack of is a direct result of Rogers seeing too many in the box and them dropping back after the snap and then the injuries. It's hard to run a RB with a torn MCL. Or run a RB that has seen his minutes drop off due to being banged up. Add to that Sharp going down which changed the OL.

Does Johnson have a torn MCL? If true, big loss.

HancockCountyDog
10-17-2022, 01:34 PM
One last thing - people blaming the defense for this loss has lost their damn mind.

We had 4 drives in the first half. Only one ended up with points. Our defense gave up 3 points in the first half.

Second half we had 1 sustained offensive drive. One.

Hell the defense scored 7 points and offense scored 10. Our defense wasn't perfect, but they played well enough to get a W. If the offense shows up in the first half, we should be up 17-3 at halftime.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:39 PM
One last thing - people blaming the defense for this loss has lost their damn mind.

We had 4 drives in the first half. Only one ended up with points. Our defense gave up 3 points in the first half.

Hell the defense scored 7 points and offense scored 10. Our defense wasn't perfect, but they played well enough to get a W. If the offense shows up in the first half, we should be up 17-3 at halftime.

Offense was bad, but D couldn't get off field. Check their total O numbers. Except for pick 6, secondary was a penalty machine. Our Safety play against the pass has been bad for the past couple of years. Time of possession by about 2 to 1 for them was helped by about 200 yards by Rodriguez. We were not prepared on O, D, or ST. Have a lot to fix.

Catfish
10-17-2022, 01:40 PM

Hard to point fingers at a specific person or group. The whole team and staff didn't show up. It happens.

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 01:52 PM
Does Johnson have a torn MCL? If true, big loss.

From what I read, yes. The source is his former HS coach's wife.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 01:56 PM
From what I read, yes. The source is his former HS coach's wife.

Well, that's better than my cousin's wife's hairdresser.**** Hope he's just banged up, brings a tough, physical presence to our running game and pass blocking.

Maverick91
10-17-2022, 02:03 PM

You are just blaming Leach to blame him. Leach doesnt send Rogers out there to be a freaking check down Charlie, When Rogers is rolling out of the pocket and there is a clear path to run for 5 yards and get the first down, but in stead he throws it to Walley for 2 yards and immediately is hit, Leach doesnt want that.

Rogers is great, but he has to take the next step. He hasnt learned to take ownership over a game. Until he does that we will keep having these issues.

BlackSailsDawg
10-17-2022, 02:13 PM
You are just blaming Leach to blame him. Leach doesnt send Rogers out there to be a freaking check down Charlie, When Rogers is rolling out of the pocket and there is a clear path to run for 5 yards and get the first down, but in stead he throws it to Walley for 2 yards and immediately is hit, Leach doesnt want that.

Rogers is great, but he has to take the next step. He hasnt learned to take ownership over a game. Until he does that we will keep having these issues.

REP REP and more REP!

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 02:18 PM

Wow, send me some of the maroon kool aid you two have left. WR "runs Leach's system to perfection" and "Rogers is great". I must have misinterpreted the results of the LSU & KY games and worry about all remaining games except ETU. Five good victories so far, but much to fix, quickly, in all three phases of our game. Hail State!

TrapGame
10-17-2022, 02:23 PM

I saw on two replays Saturday night where Walley was open in the middle or Rara had a step on his cover guy downfield but Will chose to throw to the dump off for virtually nothing or in the second one just throw it out of bounds. If that's just two plays I caught then what about the others? Will sucked his nuts up his ass Saturday night.

Coach34
10-17-2022, 02:38 PM
I don't care who is the Coach, but when a coach says we had a bad week of practice, just doesn't set in with me. I don't care what sport it is; Coaches are paid to get their team ready. Would you feel good about attending a game knowing the team isn't prepared? That is exactly what Leach meant.

I get what Leach is saying there.

Things are so different and complicated now- especially on the HS level. Players miss practice for haircut appointments, to babysit cause Momma said come home, gotta drive Momma to the Dr because she doesnt drive, suspensions from school, injuries, missed school and couldnt get a ride....just to name a few. Then you still have some Covid protocols in place hampering what you are doing that are different from other schools/districts.

Colleges have their issues as well. Trainers have more power than the coaches. Guys are held out of practice, contact, etc at the drop of a hat. NCAA limits practice and meeting time so you have that to deal with also. Just so many more reasons for teams to not be as prepared as they should at times.

Goldendawg
10-17-2022, 02:47 PM

Things are so different and complicated now- especially on the HS level. Players miss practice for haircut appointments, to babysit cause Momma said come home, gotta drive Momma to the Dr because she doesnt drive, suspensions from school, injuries, missed school and couldnt get a ride....just to name a few. Then you still have some Covid protocols in place hampering what you are doing that are different from other schools/districts.

Colleges have their issues as well. Trainers have more power than the coaches. Guys are held out of practice, contact, etc at the drop of a hat. NCAA limits practice and meeting time so you have that to deal with also. Just so many more reasons for teams to not be as prepared as they should at times.

College coaches getting paid million$ to manage this and it comes with the job responsibilities. We were not ready on O, D, or ST with a very well paid, SEC coaching staff. I recently retired from teaching in MS middle school, never coached, but saw and agree with all the issues you mentioned on the HS level. Hail State!

Percho
10-17-2022, 02:53 PM

You guys kill me. Alabama nearly lost a week ago to a team we stomped and lost this past weekend. Did superstar Coach Saban who gets paid twice as much as our coach fail? Is he over the hill?

Saban saw Alabama looked ?tight? before Vols

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 02:57 PM

It's crazy the way it is now. Back in the day nobody missed practice or games unless you were dying. I remember my sons junior year in baseball, when they won the state championship, we had a couple of our best players sit out the last couple of games with a stiff back, stuff like that. And nowadays you can't question it because if the trainer says they need to sit, you can't put them out there or risk repercussions. Back in the day, if you got hurt, coaches would say can you stand? Yes, sir. Well get back in there! Things are way different than they used to be and that doesn't even take into account all the issues you mentioned as reasons why the miss practice and stuff, which is exactly what happens.

Coach34
10-17-2022, 03:01 PM
It's crazy the way it is now. Back in the day nobody missed practice or games unless you were dying. I remember my sons junior year in baseball, when they won the state championship, we had a couple of our best players sit out the last couple of games with a stiff back, stuff like that. And nowadays you can't question it because if the trainer says they need to sit, you can't put them out there or risk repercussions. Back in the day, if you got hurt, coaches would say can you stand? Yes, sir. Well get back in there! Things are way different than they used to be and that doesn't even take into account all the issues you mentioned as reasons why the miss practice and stuff, which is exactly what happens.

Missing for a haircut appt is the one that is crazy to me. Or the kids that miss 2 or even 3 days of practice that week and are then shocked when they dont play on Friday. People in the hall asking why we practice everyday????? Just makes you shake your head at this generation.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2022, 03:05 PM
Missing for a haircut appt is the one that is crazy to me. Or the kids that miss 2 or even 3 days of practice that week and are then shocked when they dont play on Friday. People in the hall asking why we practice everyday????? Just makes you shake your head at this generation.

Yep, I've heard the exact same excuses for missing oractices. Man it's just such a different world and I'm a dinosaur I guess. I know my kids never missed a practice. No Country for Old Men, I guess.

basedog
10-17-2022, 03:46 PM
You guys kill me. Alabama nearly lost a week ago to a team we stomped and lost this past weekend. Did superstar Coach Saban who gets paid twice as much as our coach fail? Is he over the hill?

Saban saw Alabama looked ?tight? before Vols

LOL, I'd rather have a team be tight than unprepared. Also while lot of difference in Bama losing a very close game to us being dominated.
Leach may be the best we can get as a HC. Our history says he is one of our best. I'm all in for MSU, I'm just not all in with the air raid. I will always pull for us to win in every sport.
Btw, it's a message board, take what I say or think with a grain of salt.

SilentSteel16
10-17-2022, 05:40 PM
The whole team didn?t seem to be really there. Offense was lackluster and to quote Will Rogers himself, ? this offense will go as far as I go?. With that being said, he has a bad game, happens to everyone. Just sucks because everyone had high expectations of this game being a win. He will bounce back and so will the team.

But those of you thinking bringing in Altmeyer or someone else like that will help is crazy. We have some of the highest rated QBs in high school on the roster and they are not ready with a year under their belt. Bringing someone else in basically throws away next year. Will is our guy, gives us the best chance to win NOW. So just accept Will is your QB, swish it around and then swallow. You?ll feel better in the morning. Hail State

DeltaChicagoDog
10-18-2022, 08:05 AM

Bingo. It means he was allowing it. SEC HC ain't the kind of job where you go home after 8 hours and leave the work at work. Hell no. You stay and make everyone else stay until you get it fixed. If he saw it and allowed it - inexcusable.

basedog
10-18-2022, 09:08 AM
Bingo. It means he was allowing it. SEC HC ain't the kind of job where you go home after 8 hours and leave the work at work. Hell no. You stay and make everyone else stay until you get it fixed. If he saw it and allowed it - inexcusable.

Well, I'm ole school, just because kids or players are soft doesn't mean a Coach has to cow down and let things go. No wonder the Bear and Saban are the GOATS in their times, yes, they have more talent than most, but they hold them accountable. Just saying.

Captain Falcon
10-18-2022, 09:18 AM

The defense absolutely deserves a lot of blame. We gave up 24 points in the second half and it would have been more if UK doesn?t take a knee at the goal line to end the game.

Our offense is hit and miss since Leach has been here, that?s not really a new phenomenon. It needs to be more consistent but we?ve won some games in spite of it here and there. But our defense being pushed around by freaking Kentucky is a major, major issue. One that may cause us to not win another SEC game if we don?t get it fixed. Don?t think Auburn can?t come in here and run it down our throats too.

DeltaChicagoDog
10-18-2022, 11:14 AM
Well, I'm ole school, just because kids or players are soft doesn't mean a Coach has to cow down and let things go. No wonder the Bear and Saban are the GOATS in their times, yes, they have more talent than most, but they hold them accountable. Just saying.

Oh yeah, I'm in full agreement.

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 11:26 AM

Well, that would cause MSU to violate the rules of the NCAA. Division I Manual under Bylaw 17.1. 7.1. Surely you would not want Leach to violate the NCAA rules that would get MSU in trouble.

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 11:28 AM

And he does. We all have the history. While here he removed the top RB and others for not following rules. There is zero evidence that he "Allowed" anything. BTW, Bama has won many games on talent alone. UT didn't really beat bama without the help of Bama players. As in a muffed punt. Saban says the same things Leach does about things like that.

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2022, 11:34 AM
But those of you thinking bringing in Altmeyer or someone else like that will help is crazy. We have some of the highest rated QBs in high school on the roster and they are not ready with a year under their belt. Bringing someone else in basically throws away next year. Will is our guy, gives us the best chance to win NOW. So just accept Will is your QB, swish it around and then swallow. You?ll feel better in the morning. Hail State

Ok this could be an interesting conversation.

Well the only reason I mentioned Altmyer is because his last name is on buildings at MSU. I hated to see us pass on him. We need to take care of those that take care of us. I believe he is entering the transfer portal or at least exploring options.

Admittedly, I have not seen Robertson play other than Bowling Green. However you and many others say Will is our best option or you hear Robertson isn't ready. I agree Rogers is the guy this year and for the remainder of the year. However while I think this offense has limitations, I'm seeing what others have said in the past. Rogers needs to be more athletic or dynamic to expand the potential of this offense. He goes down to easy, reluctant to run and takes the easier options on throws.... mostly. That isn't just me saying that. I'm a Rogers fan.

So keeping in mind, what can we do to push Rogers to run, be more aggressive?..... competition. There needs to be more competition for QB1 next spring. If Robertson is a truly a 4 star, he should be pushing Rogers this year and next spring for the starting role. If those in the know keep saying Robertson isn't ready.... well I begin to question his overall talent and wonder if there is someone else to bring in to push Rogers and be ready if needed.

bulldawg28
10-18-2022, 11:37 AM
Well, that would cause MSU to violate the rules of the NCAA. Division I Manual under Bylaw 17.1. 7.1. Surely you would not want Leach to violate the NCAA rules that would get MSU in trouble.

You're referring to practice time. Leach can stay as long as he wants to get things in the right direction. Personal could have changed, practice the following days, etc. He could have fixed it.

bulldawg28
10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Ok this could be an interesting conversation.

Well the only reason I mentioned Altmyer is because his last name is on buildings at MSU. I hated to see us pass on him. We need to take care of those that take care of us. I believe he is entering the transfer portal or at least exploring options.

Admittedly, I have not seen Robertson play other than Bowling Green. However you and many others say Will is our best option or you hear Robertson isn't ready. I agree Rogers is the guy this year and for the remainder of the year. However while I think this offense has limitations, I'm seeing what others have said in the past. Rogers needs to be more athletic or dynamic to expand the potential of this offense. He goes down to easy, reluctant to run and takes the easier options on throws.... mostly. That isn't just me saying that. I'm a Rogers fan.

So keeping in mind, what can we do to push Rogers to run, be more aggressive?..... competition. There needs to be more competition for QB1 next spring. If Robertson is a truly a 4 star, he should be pushing Rogers this year and next spring for the starting role. If those in the know keep saying Robertson isn't ready.... well I begin to question his overall talent and wonder if there is someone else to bring in to push Rogers and be ready if needed.

There is no competition until Leach shows it at Qb.

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 12:16 PM
You're referring to practice time. Leach can stay as long as he wants to get things in the right direction. Personal could have changed, practice the following days, etc. He could have fixed it.

He stated "You stay and make everyone else stay until you get it fixed." Everyone else staying includes players because they are the ones with the issue.

Maverick91
10-18-2022, 12:40 PM
He stated "You stay and make everyone else stay until you get it fixed." Everyone else staying includes players because they are the ones with the issue.

Nah fam, you gotta read between the lines in this one. He is just talking about coaches that?s it. Obviously these are student athletes so student comes first they cannot be there until the wee hours of the morning.

basedog
10-18-2022, 12:41 PM

LOL, you obviously didn't understand my take on Coaching.

basedog
10-18-2022, 12:43 PM

Yes

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2022, 12:46 PM

You played. Did y'all never have a week of practice where you just felt nothing was clicking? A week where maybe the defense or offense didn't seem to be getting the game plan well, or that people were making unusual mistakes?
I only played high school baseball, and I know we had periods like that. Everyone just seemed to be off, timing was bad. And it didn't matter how we changed things up - nothing seemed to break the funk. It typically meant we got our ass beat that week if it carried over to the games. Sometimes it did, and yep, we got our ass beat. Coaches would juggle the line up, move guys around, or bench someone, and still we just funked it up. Sometimes, the funk would only last 2-3 innings and then something would spark everyone - a big hit, a great defensive play, a pitcher battling back with 1 out and the bases juiced to get 2 big K's - and would break out. Sports are weird like that, and I'd be surprised if you've never seen that happen.

ETA: I'm not condoning it or excusing it - I've just experienced it so it doesn't shock me to hear the coaches weren't happy with practices last week.

BlackSailsDawg
10-18-2022, 01:06 PM
You played. Did y'all never have a week of practice where you just felt nothing was clicking? A week where maybe the defense or offense didn't seem to be getting the game plan well, or that people were making unusual mistakes?
I only played high school baseball, and I know we had periods like that. Everyone just seemed to be off, timing was bad. And it didn't matter how we changed things up - nothing seemed to break the funk. It typically meant we got our ass beat that week if it carried over to the games. Sometimes it did, and yep, we got our ass beat. Coaches would juggle the line up, move guys around, or bench someone, and still we just funked it up. Sometimes, the funk would only last 2-3 innings and then something would spark everyone - a big hit, a great defensive play, a pitcher battling back with 1 out and the bases juiced to get 2 big K's - and would break out. Sports are weird like that, and I'd be surprised if you've never seen that happen.

ETA: I'm not condoning it or excusing it - I've just experienced it so it doesn't shock me to hear the coaches weren't happy with practices last week.

Even Saban.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2022, 01:06 PM

It can happen to any team at any level, be it football, baseball, basketball, soccer or whatever sport. Like you said not excusing it but it happens. Heck if it can happen to a Belichik coached team it can happen to anyone.

WhiskeyPirate
10-18-2022, 01:09 PM
It can happen to any team at any level, be it football, baseball, basketball, soccer or whatever sport. Like you said not excusing it but it happens. Heck if it can happen to a Belichik coached team it can happen to anyone.

Makes you wonder if some of these people have ever played a sport. Teams go flat, teams have up and downs, players play like shit sometimes. Sometimes you need a loss to get better. They aren’t robots.

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2022, 01:20 PM
Makes you wonder if some of these people have ever played a sport. Teams go flat, teams have up and downs, players play like shit sometimes. Sometimes you need a loss to get better. They aren’t robots.

And forget that, regardless of NIL and all the changes that make it borderline professional, these are still 18-22 year old mushy brained kids. They are still balancing school, living on their own, and their fat little girl friends.

WhiskeyPirate
10-18-2022, 01:24 PM
And forget that, regardless of NIL and all the changes that make it borderline professional, these are still 18-22 year old mushy brained kids. They are still balancing school, living on their own, and their fat little girl friends.

Yep, the biggest thing I take away from teams that play well at home and fold on the road is a lack of mental toughness and maturity. I don’t mean to be unfair but will really folded mentally. You have to be fearless in the pocket and not panic, especially when you have no escapability. He’s a leader but it was team wide. I’m sure leach ripped into them, but they are set to get thrashed at Bama. Hopefully we come out of there without any more injuries

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2022, 01:33 PM
Yep, the biggest thing I take away from teams that play well at home and fold on the road is a lack of mental toughness and maturity. I don’t mean to be unfair but will really folded mentally. You have to be fearless in the pocket and not panic, especially when you have no escapability. He’s a leader but it was team wide. I’m sure leach ripped into them, but they are set to get thrashed at Bama. Hopefully we come out of there without any more injuries

And those qualities are exceedingly rare. Just look at how we rattled Max Johnson and the starter from Arky. Watching Bryce Young get walloped all game at UT and still perform the way he did should be eye-opening as to what the difference between programs like Bama and MSU is - It is honestly what separates the 5*'s from everyone else - they tend to have that maturity and poise on top of the athletic ability.
In my time as a State fan, Dak is really the only QB that I think had that ability - and even he wasn't flawless and got rattled some.

WhiskeyPirate
10-18-2022, 01:39 PM
And those qualities are exceedingly rare. Just look at how we rattled Max Johnson and the starter from Arky. Watching Bryce Young get walloped all game at UT and still perform the way he did should be eye-opening as to what the difference between programs like Bama and MSU is - It is honestly what separates the 5*'s from everyone else - they tend to have that maturity and poise on top of the athletic ability.
In my time as a State fan, Dak is really the only QB that I think had that ability - and even he wasn't flawless and got rattled some.

I watched some of Leachs air raid qbs at tech, and everyone of them was tough as nails and fearless in the pocket. It was kind of a prerequisite. They would hang in until the last second and take punishment. I’ve never seen one panic and throw it away when the defender isn’t within 5 to 10 yards of them. bJ Symons, Kliff , Harrell , cumbie. I think you will see the same with some of the texa qbs he’s brought in. Some of that is age and maturity but this is wills third year. He needs to be able to do that if we ever hope to win more than 8 games.

PikeDawg15
10-18-2022, 03:09 PM
I watched some of Leachs air raid qbs at tech, and everyone of them was tough as nails and fearless in the pocket. It was kind of a prerequisite. They would hang in until the last second and take punishment. I’ve never seen one panic and throw it away when the defender isn’t within 5 to 10 yards of them. bJ Symons, Kliff , Harrell , cumbie. I think you will see the same with some of the texa qbs he’s brought in. Some of that is age and maturity but this is wills third year. He needs to be able to do that if we ever hope to win more than 8 games.

Good Post Whiskey.

Graham Harrell wasnt an elite quarterback by any means but he wasnt scared at all to let it rip and take a hit.

Goldendawg
10-18-2022, 07:56 PM

I don't thing lack of maturity can be an excuse. We returned more starters than any other SEC school in Leath's "third year". We have a couple of starters in their sixth year and many who had the covid year. They are "student athletes", but football is the major part of what many of them do. The entire team, O, D, & ST looked totally unprepared for KY. I will admit and my longtime fan observation that no matter the coach, we don't seem to handle success when we get ranked.

NCDawg
10-18-2022, 08:09 PM
I don't thing lack of maturity can be an excuse. We returned more starters than any other SEC school in Leath's "third year". We have a couple of starters in their sixth year and many who had the covid year. They are "student athletes", but football is the major part of what many of them do. The entire team, O, D, & ST looked totally unprepared for KY. I will admit and my longtime fan observation that no matter the coach, we don't seem to handle success when we get ranked.

Just watched our defense get run over by Kentucky in close up views of the game on the SEC Network. Extremely poor tackling by some of our best players. We got pushed around by a Kentucky offensive line that was not supposed to be that good.

WhiskeyPirate
10-18-2022, 08:11 PM

Call it what you want, mature, experienced veteran teams don’t get deer in the headlights on the road. You see young inexperienced teams do that. It’s a lack of mental toughness and veteran leadership.

Todd4State
10-18-2022, 09:10 PM

It's not an excuse. It's an observation. The team has to step up and do better.

BrunswickDawg
10-19-2022, 07:32 AM
Call it what you want, mature, experienced veteran teams don’t get deer in the headlights on the road. You see young inexperienced teams do that. It’s a lack of mental toughness and veteran leadership.

Yes they do, and you see it happen all the time in every sport - whether the team is full of veterans or not. No one should think or believe that this is something unique to MSU. It happened to the defending World Series champs last week. It happened to Bama - finally. Sometimes, it happens like it did to us Saturday. Sometimes, it happens like what we did to Auburn last year. Does anyone remember how Vandy just flopped against us in CWS and started committing error after error when they were the best defensive team in CBB, and their first round pitcher got lit up like a Christmas tree? Or when the Falcons shit the bed in the Super Bowl? Or when App State (3-3), Marshall (3-3), Ga Southern (4-3) and MTSU (3-4) all stood up and beat Power 5 teams at their places.

Saturday sucked. It sucks to lose. It sucks even more to lose when you are perceived to be the better team. That's sports. It's not denying that we sucked and everything went wrong.
Unless you want to be a bandwagon fan and follow only Bama, the Yankees, and Tom Brady this is life.

TrapGame
10-19-2022, 08:15 AM
Yes they do, and you see it happen all the time in every sport - whether the team is full of veterans or not. No one should think or believe that this is something unique to MSU. It happened to the defending World Series champs last week. It happened to Bama - finally. Sometimes, it happens like it did to us Saturday. Sometimes, it happens like what we did to Auburn last year. Does anyone remember how Vandy just flopped against us in CWS and started committing error after error when they were the best defensive team in CBB, and their first round pitcher got lit up like a Christmas tree? Or when the Falcons shit the bed in the Super Bowl? Or when App State (3-3), Marshall (3-3), Ga Southern (4-3) and MTSU (3-4) all stood up and beat Power 5 teams at their places.

Saturday sucked. It sucks to lose. It sucks even more to lose when you are perceived to be the better team. That's sports. It's not denying that we sucked and everything went wrong.
Unless you want to be a bandwagon fan and follow only Bama, the Yankees, and Tom Brady this is life.

Quit bringing reason and common sense to the board.***

Commercecomet24
10-19-2022, 08:35 AM

Bravo, Bruns! And yes you are 100% correct.

ETA it happens to Brady too. Did you say they way the Bucs played Sunday? Lol

hopemsu
10-19-2022, 09:02 AM
it is a shame that a qb like will rogers, who will not be remembered for any great wins, or getting the program to a top 10 ranking, BCS bowl, etc is breaking Dak and SEC records.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2022, 12:11 PM
You guys that blow off sucking so easily are part of the problem. We'll be favored in 9 of 12 games this year. We were favored our last couple last year. Think about that. We've sucked. This isn't a home and road deal. It's a bad football problem. Our recruiting is shaky as hell too. We've got to really get all the priority guys and find another couple to get to normal recruiting levels.
This team can't handle physical play. LSU and KY have shown it. AL will show it this week.
We've got to hope our coaches and players figure it out. They've got 5 games to win 3 & make this a successful season.
And that double whammy game at the end is looking large.

WhiskeyPirate
10-19-2022, 06:44 PM
You guys that blow off sucking so easily are part of the problem. We'll be favored in 9 of 12 games this year. We were favored our last couple last year. Think about that. We've sucked. This isn't a home and road deal. It's a bad football problem. Our recruiting is shaky as hell too. We've got to really get all the priority guys and find another couple to get to normal recruiting levels.
This team can't handle physical play. LSU and KY have shown it. AL will show it this week.
We've got to hope our coaches and players figure it out. They've got 5 games to win 3 & make this a successful season.
And that double whammy game at the end is looking large.

You are right. Historically we are a blue blood and should expect to go at least 10-2/11-1. Another good point you bring up, being favored in every single game is proof the program is in a shambles, that’s why we are always favored.

Cooterpoot
10-20-2022, 09:24 AM
You are right. Historically we are a blue blood and should expect to go at least 10-2/11-1. Another good point you bring up, being favored in every single game is proof the program is in a shambles, that’s why we are always favored.

Losing being acceptable by so many State fans. Like I said. This team should win 8 games minimum...minimum. If you can't have expectations, you just don't care about winning. Funny how another team in MS has fans that give a crap while we just sit around saying we shouldn't have expectations because we will always suck.

Maverick91
10-20-2022, 11:42 AM
Losing being acceptable by so many State fans. Like I said. This team should win 8 games minimum...minimum. If you can't have expectations, you just don't care about winning. Funny how another team in MS has fans that give a crap while we just sit around saying we shouldn't have expectations because we will always suck.

This.. this right here. We might get throttled by bama but I am not walking into that game thinking we dont have a chance.

Catfish
10-20-2022, 11:56 AM

Rep!!

PikeDawg15
10-20-2022, 12:48 PM

REP

This is an experienced team and its not like kentucky just out talented us. We went up there and played like absolute shit on offense.

If this team is mentally tough they can turn around and go into tuscaloosa with nothing to lose and put a few touchdowns on the board against alabama.

This aint 2011 NFL defense alabama. This same alabama shoudve lost to Texas with a backup qb and won by 1 point

This same bama team shouldve lost at home to A&M who we obliterated.

If we cant go into tuscaloosa and score 21 points and look competent on offense in year 3 with a 3rd year starting qb and many other juniors and seniors... We just aint any good.

All im asking for the rest of the season is Beat ETSU, Beat Auburn, and win the damn Egg Bowl and go 8-4 and get the gator bowl.

IF leach can do that, then fans will officially buy in with a year 4 starting qb returning next year and a much more favorable schedule.

We should expect 9-3 next season.

Lord McBuckethead
10-21-2022, 11:32 PM
No way. Leach could lose the egg bowl by 40 pts and not be fired.

WhiskeyPirate
10-22-2022, 12:03 AM

Correct. He will win 9-10 games next year.

Coach34
10-22-2022, 12:44 AM

With the people we will lose? You are insane. Next year's team will be alot less talented

Coach34
10-22-2022, 12:55 AM

And he will be the 1st coach of either team to not lose his job over that in 65 years.

We will be the favorite in 8 of 12 games. That means Vegas likes us to go 8-4. Lets see if we do it.

WhiskeyPirate
10-22-2022, 01:10 AM
With the people we will lose? You are insane. Next year's team will be alot less talented

You’ve been wrong on just about everything you have posted. I’d be worried if you agreed.

msu15
10-22-2022, 02:57 AM

We are getting a lot of Covid seniors back next year.

Bothrops
10-22-2022, 05:00 AM

Next year - road games to College Station, Fayetteville, Columbia, and Auburn. Host LSU and Bama. Unless we do better (way better) than Kiffin did in the portal, next year is going to be excruciatingly miserable. We are going to suck on defense like we haven't seen since Peter Sirmon. Our replacements won't be ready, unless they start getting a lot more snaps, beginning tonight. We lose at least half the starters up front. Probably more than that. Then we lose Forbes, and Green in the secondary. Yeah, next year sucks

WhiskeyPirate
10-22-2022, 11:05 AM
Next year - road games to College Station, Fayetteville, Columbia, and Auburn. Host LSU and Bama. Unless we do better (way better) than Kiffin did in the portal, next year is going to be excruciatingly miserable. We are going to suck on defense like we haven't seen since Peter Sirmon. Our replacements won't be ready, unless they start getting a lot more snaps, beginning tonight. We lose at least half the starters up front. Probably more than that. Then we lose Forbes, and Green in the secondary. Yeah, next year sucks

OMG a road trip to Missouri ? Sounds frightening

Road schedule of tamu, Missouri, auburn and pigs. Like I said Leach will win 9-10 next year

msstate7
10-22-2022, 11:16 AM
OMG a road trip to Missouri ? Sounds frightening

Road schedule of tamu, Missouri, auburn and pigs. Like I said Leach will win 9-10 next year

Every year we say this, and it hasn't happened since 2015. It won't next year either

WhiskeyPirate
10-22-2022, 11:24 AM
Every year we say this, and it hasn't happened since 2015. It won't next year either

Ok

mo7888
10-22-2022, 11:33 AM
I just wish we had a QB like Garrett Schrader.... oh wait...

Goldendawg
10-22-2022, 11:45 AM

Shouldn't we worry about 7-5 with an OM win or even 8-4 this year, before our annual 9-3 or 10-2 maroon colored glasses predictions for next year?