PDA

View Full Version : MSU is getting left behind

Dawgology
10-15-2022, 09:24 PM
In every facet of athletics. As a university we need to decide if we are going to compete or not.

Our football team in predictably mediocre with on cue failure to rise to the occassion.

Our baseball team did great (with help from Covid seniors) and then crashed and burned.

Our basketball program (men and women) is a joke after managing to lose the most successful coach we've ever had.

Some will say this is just our lot. Others will say it's lack of money or NIL deals. Whatever it is we have an athletic director that is paid to figure it out and it isn't getting figured out.

It's time to decide if the MSU athletic program is going to exist at an SEC level or not. At this point (outside of getting extra money to watch head scratching losses in a larger, nicer stadium) I see no reason to remain in the SEC. We have been outpaced, out-talented, out-branded, and out-recruited by Ole Miss. We are a DISTANT second place in the State of Mississippi and dead last in the SEC to everyone but maybe VAnderbilt in all of those categories.

Leroy Jenkins
10-15-2022, 09:37 PM
At least wait until we lose to melt.

msu15
10-15-2022, 09:41 PM
Yep, excellent thread across the board. I bought my season tickets for the first time when I was high school 15 years ago but I'm highly contemplating letting them go after this disappointment of a season. It's crazy on how much of a stark contrast there is in the football programs between Ole Miss and MSU right now.

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 10:09 PM
And worst of all, we have a puѕѕy fanbase exemplified by the OP.

Bothrops
10-15-2022, 10:15 PM
And worst of all, we have a puѕѕy fanbase exemplified by the OP.

He's not wrong. Like not even a roach antenna worth

Catfish
10-15-2022, 10:16 PM
NM

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 10:16 PM
He's not wrong. Like not even a roach antenna worth

Um, he wants to leave the SEC because it's just too hard. That's incredibly wrong and pusstastic.

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 10:17 PM
We are the 8th best team in the SEC over the last decade (source: FPI). Not, it's not the top, but it's not like we're 13th or even 10th. We are competing just fine.

Homedawg
10-15-2022, 10:26 PM
In every facet of athletics. As a university we need to decide if we are going to compete or not.

Our football team in predictably mediocre with on cue failure to rise to the occassion.

Our baseball team did great (with help from Covid seniors) and then crashed and burned.

Our basketball program (men and women) is a joke after managing to lose the most successful coach we've ever had.

Some will say this is just our lot. Others will say it's lack of money or NIL deals. Whatever it is we have an athletic director that is paid to figure it out and it isn't getting figured out.

It's time to decide if the MSU athletic program is going to exist at an SEC level or not. At this point (outside of getting extra money to watch head scratching losses in a larger, nicer stadium) I see no reason to remain in the SEC. We have been outpaced, out-talented, out-branded, and out-recruited by Ole Miss. We are a DISTANT second place in the State of Mississippi and dead last in the SEC to everyone but maybe VAnderbilt in all of those categories.

I get it. But name one team in the league we have an advantage over?? We have the meat amount of money. I'm. It ooor mouthing just stating the facts. We, as fans, expect to be at the upper half of the league in ever sport, but why?? Fact is, ever team in the league minus vandy or maybe ole miss has an advantage over us. And ole miss is way more money than us. Or way more than we are willing to spend so. Same thing. We wet the bed tonight. But it has nothing to do w you point. Fact is, we really shouldn't even be competitive to be honest. We over achieve

msstate7
10-15-2022, 10:29 PM
I get it. But name one team in the league we have an advantage over?? We have the meat amount of money. I'm. It ooor mouthing just stating the facts. We, as fans, expect to be at the upper half of the league in ever sport, but why?? Fact is, ever team in the league minus vandy or maybe ole miss has an advantage over us. And ole miss is way more money than us. Or way more than we are willing to spend so. Same thing. We wet the bed tonight. But it has nothing to do w you point. Fact is, we really shouldn't even be competitive to be honest. We over achieve

I don't disagree with you, but we were favored tonight.

CaptainObvious
10-15-2022, 10:29 PM
Um, he wants to leave the SEC because it's just too hard. That's incredibly wrong and pusstastic.

That is not what he said. To paraphrase, he said if we are NOT going to SPEND to be competitive in the SEC, THEN we need to get out.

Fact is we waste money on minor sports and it needs to be spent on Football. For instance, we had a National Champion Javelin thrower! Really? Dude should have been playing QB if he can throw a Javelin that far. We overspent on a Womens Basketball coach, Womens Softball coach, and Womens Volleyball Coach and we are still in the bottom 4 in the SEC year in and year out.

Take care of Title 9 requirements and make sure Football and Baseball are fully funded. And before anyone downplays Baseball, what team sport does MSU have a National Championship in? It sure ain?t basketball or football. George Lipides said in 2002, Mississippi State will NEVER win a SEC football championship. So far he was right and it ain?t close.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2022, 10:30 PM
When you hire a baseball coach to be an AD this is what you get.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2022, 10:34 PM
That is not what he said. To paraphrase, he said if we are NOT going to SPEND to be competitive in the SEC, THEN we need to get out.

Fact is we waste money on minor sports and it needs to be spent on Football. For instance, we had a National Champion Javelin thrower! Really? Dude should have been playing QB if he can throw a Javelin that far. We overspent on a Womens Basketball coach, Womens Softball coach, and Womens Volleyball Coach and we are still in the bottom 4 in the SEC year in and year out.

Take care of Title 9 requirements and make sure Football and Baseball are fully funded. And before anyone downplays Baseball, what team sport does MSU have a National Championship in? It sure ain?t basketball or football. George Lipides said in 2002, Mississippi State will NEVER win a SEC football championship. So far he was right and it ain?t close.
If we overspent on anything it is Baseball

Goldendawg
10-15-2022, 10:35 PM
When you hire a baseball coach to be an AD this is what you get.

You mean the other SEC AD's aren't their school's ex-baseball coach?**

EdwardDrayton
10-15-2022, 10:36 PM

We understand your position Q but the objective take is there is merit to the discussion.

Homedawg
10-15-2022, 10:38 PM
I don't disagree with you, but we were favored tonight.

This has nothing to do w tonight's game. We shit the bed. Period.

Pinto
10-15-2022, 10:41 PM
But we?re in the black.

Homedawg
10-15-2022, 10:42 PM

You clearly don't get how this works. . You have to have those sports. Over spent?? Hahaha. Womens s basketball when Vic was here? Sure. But it doesn't matter who the coach is, it's a money pit. I'll leave it alone but you're off track. That's all.

Homedawg
10-15-2022, 10:44 PM
If we overspent on anything it is Baseball

I didn't know you could post something more crazy. I was wrong...

viverlibre
10-15-2022, 10:44 PM

We're not going to get out of the SEC and most us fans aren't going to quit. But why don't you quit and be a Bama fan, no need to keep enduring this heartbreak and frustration.

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 10:45 PM

Direct quote: "At this point I see no reason to remain in the SEC."

I strongly disagree with that notion, and I think tomorrow he will too.

Dawgology
10-15-2022, 10:46 PM

Thank you for getting my point. It?s not that the SEC is too hard it?s that it simply costs more to play ball than our university and boosters are willing to spend. The fact that we have fans that say we should not be able to compete thus we should just be happy where we fall exemplifies my point.

Goldendawg
10-15-2022, 10:52 PM
Thank you for getting my point. It?s not that the SEC is too hard it?s that it simply costs more to play ball than our university and boosters are willing to spend. The fact that we have fans that say we should not be able to compete thus we should just be happy where we fall exemplifies my point.

If we weren't in the SEC, we would be USM 2.0.

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 10:54 PM

We are competing better than 6 other SEC teams, including Tennessee and Ole Miss, over the last decade. Should they all drop to Conference USA with us?

msu15
10-15-2022, 10:55 PM
We are competing better than 6 other SEC teams, including Tennessee and Ole Miss, over the last decade. Should they all drop to Conference USA with us?

Take out the first half of that decade. Better yet, start with post Covid and see how far we are behind.

Dawgology
10-15-2022, 10:58 PM
If we weren't in the SEC, we would be USM 2.0.

We are a much larger university that USM and it would depend on what conference we joined. ACC or BIG12 we would be fine probably regularly finish 9-3 or 10-2 with a real chance of contending each year. Right now we are bottom dwellers in the SEC and it will get worse we are about to get lapped by UM and when that happens remaining in the SEC will make us USM 2.0. We also lack good leadership at the AD level so there is that also.

CaptainObvious
10-15-2022, 11:04 PM
Again, he is saying SPEND MONEY like you are an SEC program, damn it!!! You guys are the ones claiming we po Ol State and CANT spend the money to be competitive. So it is your opinion that we should know our place and stay in our lane. We should accept the checks but NEVER do anything with the money when we cash them? How is that working for us? After another Egg Bowl loss, you will blame Leach. But the ire should be at Keenum and Cohen! Congress and the courts made it legal to cheat, and our AD can?t figure out how to do it within the new rules! How do we keep appointing these In-Breds as our Financial Managers of our Athletics programs? Are you guys the Cigar Boy backers of our constant irrelevance in College Football and aBasketball? I don?t just wanna be in the SEC. I want a Top 5-6 program year in and year out. If we cannot beat the East 3rd best team, how do we climb above mediocrity when we know we have at least 3 SEC West losses every year?

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 11:05 PM
Take out the first half of that decade. Better yet, start with post Covid and see how far we are behind.

Still 8th in the SEC in FPI for 2017-2021.

10th in the SEC in FPI in just 2020, 10th in just 2021.

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 11:07 PM
Again, he is saying SPEND MONEY like you are an SEC program, damn it!!! You guys are the ones claiming we po Ol State and CANT spend the money to be competitive. So it is your opinion that we should know our place and stay in our lane. We should accept the checks but NEVER do anything with the money when we cash them? How is that working for us? After another Egg Bowl loss, you will blame Leach. But the ire should be at Keenum and Cohen! Congress and the courts made it legal to cheat, and our AD can?t figure out how to do it within the new rules! How do we keep appointing these In-Breds as our Financial Managers of our Athletics programs? Are you guys the Cigar Boy backers of our constant irrelevance in College Football and aBasketball? I don?t just wanna be in the SEC. I want a Top 5-6 program year in and year out. If we cannot beat the East 3rd best team, how do we climb above mediocrity when we know we have at least 3 SEC West losses every year?

Nobody is fuсking saying that at all. We are saying that we ARE competitive already, proven by just about any metrics you want to use.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2022, 11:13 PM
Take out the first half of that decade. Better yet, start with post Cohen and see how far we are behind. fixed it for ya

Dawgology
10-15-2022, 11:15 PM
Nobody is fuсking saying that at all. We are saying that we ARE competitive already, proven by just about any metrics you want to use.

If you count a big 6-7 wins a season as competitive then ok. Competing means having a chance to win it all. Without spending the money that needs to be spent we will never?never?be more than an annual 6-7 win team. Ever. And if our spending stays at current levels it will get much worse. Much.

If I told you that we could flip to the ACC or BIG12 and average 9-10 wins a season would you take it? Or would you rather stick with 6-7 in the SEC?

CaptainObvious
10-15-2022, 11:18 PM

Again, inability to beat the 3rd best, (and historically the 5th best SEC EAST team, is not really competing unless you think double digit losses in games you are favored in is competing.

Texas A&M is very young and still searching for a QB and we had em at home.

Arkansas played without there starting QB against us. Today, he proved his value to that team.

Bowling Green lost to Buffalo by the same differential as they did to us.

Arizona?. Well you know.

We been harping all season that Ole Miss is overrated because of their schedule. Apparently so was State based on tonight?s results. Kentucky could have hung 40 on us without their stupid penalties on offense and kneeling at our 3 at the end.

State gets enough money each year from football to be better than we saw tonight.

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 11:28 PM
If you count a big 6-7 wins a season as competitive then ok. Competing means having a chance to win it all. Without spending the money that needs to be spent we will never?never?be more than an annual 6-7 win team. Ever. And if our spending stays at current levels it will get much worse. Much.

If I told you that we could flip to the ACC or BIG12 and average 9-10 wins a season would you take it? Or would you rather stick with 6-7 in the SEC?

If you have to have a chance to win it all to be "competitive," then only about 5 power 5 teams are "competitive" in any given year.

Dawgology
10-15-2022, 11:29 PM
Again, inability to beat the 3rd best, (and historically the 5th best SEC EAST team, is not really competing unless you think double digit losses in games you are favored in is competing.

Arkansas played without there starting QB against us. Today, he proved his value to that team.

Arizona?. Well you know.

We been harping all season that Ole Miss is overrated because of their schedule. Apparently so was State based on tonight?s results. Kentucky could have hung 40 on us without their stupid penalties on offense and kneeling at our 3 at the end.

State gets enough money each year from football to be better than we saw tonight.

Youve got to spend it to see results. It goes somewhere. Who really knows I guess.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2022, 11:41 PM
We could easily add an additional Million on our recruiting budget. Even then our budget would be less Ole Miss and UPig

CaptainObvious
10-15-2022, 11:42 PM
Here is how <competitive> Mississippi State is.

I?m the past 20 seasons, State has been Pre-Season Ranked 2 (TWO) times. In those 20 seasons State has finished Ranked 3 (THREE) times. Since 2001, State has 11 losing records and 10 winning records. I could quote more. But it is pretty obvious State is a Dan Mullen success story and the rest since 2001 have been relatively mediocre or worse. This is Leach?s best team at State, and the best he can get out of it is likely going to be 7-5 with his 3rd loss to Ole Miss. And even though tonight?s loss is on the players more than coaching, a3rd consecutive loss to Johnny Reb should be a fireable offense.

Quaoarsking
10-15-2022, 11:49 PM
Here is how <competitive> Mississippi State is.

I?m the past 20 seasons, State has been Pre-Season Ranked 2 (TWO) times. In those 20 seasons State has finished Ranked 3 (THREE) times. Since 2001, State has 11 losing records and 10 winning records. I could quote more. But it is pretty obvious State is a Dan Mullen success story and the rest since 2001 have been relatively mediocre or worse. This is Leach?s best team at State, and the best he can get out of it is likely going to be 7-5 with his 3rd loss to Ole Miss. And even though tonight?s loss is on the players more than coaching, a3rd consecutive loss to Johnny Reb should be a fireable offense.

Starting your timeframe at 2001 is a bit too obvious in your agenda, isn't it?

starkvegasdawg
10-15-2022, 11:58 PM

And where are TN and Ole Miss tonight? **** the last decade. You're celebrating being consistently mediocre. They were in the shitter but climbed out. Our asses are still doing the backstroke hitting our heads on all the turds they're dropping.

Bothrops
10-16-2022, 12:00 AM
We might as well be the actual Vandy of the west if Ole miss goes to Atlanta this season.

CaptainObvious
10-16-2022, 12:07 AM
Starting your timeframe at 2001 is a bit too obvious in your agenda, isn't it?

Well I could start it in 1963, when I first became a fan, if you would like. Or we can start after Dak left. Or maybe you would like to start after Mullen left?

Would you like another couple of factoids to spell out State Admin has never spent money to make Football a Top 5 SEC program? I?ve witnessed a lot of misery as a State football and basketball fan.

3-2 loss in football.
Loss to Maine.
Loss to Troy.
Losses to La Tech
Losses to Tulane.
Baseball losses to Delta State and Mississippi College.
A 1-17-2 record against John Vaught?s Rebs.
Bob Boyd coached basketball loss to Georgia where I believe the halftime score was in the low teens and the final was in the 30?s for Georgia and 20?s for State.

I?m tired. Let?s talk again sometime.

Goldendawg
10-16-2022, 12:15 AM

Drop out of the SEC, attendance and funding will plummet. It has worked out well for GA Tech and Tulane**. You want to compete in other sports in the ACC or BIG12? I agree, we need to $tep it up and a professional AD with experience would be a good start. Tell me, where all has bama's AD worked?

BeardoMSU
10-16-2022, 12:25 AM
You mean the other SEC AD's aren't their school's ex-baseball coach?**

It goes deeper than that. Keenum would have ZERO shot at being the Prez at any other SEC school, let alone others on a similar level. We hired because he has 3 degrees from State, not because he was the best and brightest option out there.

tribaldawg
10-16-2022, 12:25 AM

Arizona?. Well you know.

The penalties kept Kentucky from running up the score? State had 13 penalties for over 100 yards and 5 of those were when State had the ball on third down. It goes both ways.

CaptainObvious
10-16-2022, 01:08 AM
Drop out of the SEC, attendance and funding will plummet. It has worked out well for GA Tech and Tulane**. You want to compete in other sports in the ACC or BIG12? I agree, we need to $tep it up and a professional AD with experience would be a good start. Tell me, where all has bama's AD worked?

Nobody?.. aww hell?. Why bother?.. sigh

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-16-2022, 07:06 AM

Kind of like going through a Joe Biden economy, just keep your head down until it's over.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 07:13 AM
I slept on it and am now awake again .

We don?t have a pissers chance in hell until we stop allowing G5 level talent to come to our school. When we get excited for a new commitment, I go and look at his offer list and the next best offers are southern miss and western Kentucky . That has got to stop.

Until the few boosters that we do have realize that a majority of the fanbase doesn?t even watch the baseball games because 2-3 games a year are on TV. That?s how much the sec network and espn thinks of college baseball. They play 1980 Olympics highlights over college baseball.

Get your head out of your ass and spend some money on some damn recruits and get the NIL to a respectable level.

Hey did you guys know we have a pitcher who can throw 95 with each arm

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 07:14 AM
Also

**** Larry Templeton I hope he sprains his ankle getting out of bed

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 07:24 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/where-each-sec-athletics-program-ranked-nationally-in-terms-of-total-revenue/

Leeshouldveflanked
10-16-2022, 07:39 AM
Is there anything about Cohen, Keenum or Leach that makes you want to give Money to MSU Athletics?

Bdawg
10-16-2022, 08:07 AM
I know everyone was *issed last and so was I, but it all boils down to recruiting and spending the necessary amount to be competitive. Would be crazy, imo, to leave the SEC. I don’t see how we can’t find a couple million for the recruiting budget, but even that may not matter if the NIL rules aren’t changed. I don’t see us ever raising enough as other schools, and I’m afraid it’s going to be more about buying players than ever before. Hell you got to buy players on your on roster now just so they won’t leave with these transfer rules. Hard to pay players you have and the ones your trying to get too if you are not one of these big money schools. Maybe it’s why Kiffin is going hard on the portal. Maybe he feels he can get better players there. This NIL really sucks and I knew it would ruin football for me.

Maroonthirteen
10-16-2022, 08:07 AM
Well, I don't even know where to start.....but interesting thread. First of all, last night sucked. The icing on the cake is someone else is playing a cream puff schedule. It would be nice if we had Kentucky at home and Vandy on the road, instead of UGA at home and UK on the road. We shall see how OM does the next few weeks. IF they win at LSU, well....

Regarding MSU, if you were writing a story today and wanted a character in the biggest underdog role faced with an impossible situation, you would create MSU football. However you all are well aware of the landscape of college football and Alabama to the east and OM to the north stealing resources.

However, I agree it is time to fund our football recruiting budget. According to this link we were bottom 1/3 in the SEC in spending on recruiting. Come on!! We played terrible last night but talent was an issue to. We dont out recruit UK in football.

https://www.on3.com/news/ranking-college-football-programs-in-recruiting-spending-georgia-alabama-tennessee-clemson-arkansas/

I did know one State fan/alum that knows recruiting and knows people, he says we have a very hard time convincing big city players to consider MSU. I really think MSU needs to figure that out. We need to recruit more beyond Mississippi. Also, if you have a head coach that is "Ho hum" about recruiting, you better have a staff that recruits their tails off.

Now MSU fans/alumni/cigar boys......whomever. MSU fans/alumni just don't care as much as OM fans/alumni. We as a state are divided and fragmented far more than Arkansas, so that doesn't help. However, MS has far more talent than Arkansas. My point is when a kid walks around his home town in MS, he is being tugged 4-6 different ways. How can we as MSU make sure our voice is heard and or school represented positively to these young athletes? I am willing to do whatever within reason. Give someone some tickets. Drive them to campus. Whatever. However, as MSU fan 40 years, I know the one guy but keeps his information private (don't blame him).

Anyways, here is an example of how much more organized or the effort OM puts into recruiting. Look up Rebel Walk.com. It looks to be a bunch of OM alumnis that have gotten together and follow kids on social media. Rebel Walk hired this journalist that happens to be former MS UK and is hot. She is tweeting at these recruits. Anyways.....just an example. I don't know how much rebel walk is doing or what difference they make. However, it is an example of their effort. When I run into State alumni or fans up here in and around Memphis.....most say stuff like "I haven't been to Starkville in 20 years" blah blah blah...........anyways, let me know if I can help. We need better players......period.

Bdawg
10-16-2022, 08:24 AM
Well, I don't even know where to start.....but interesting thread. First of all, last night sucked. The icing on the cake is someone else is playing a cream puff schedule. It would be nice if we had Kentucky at home and Vandy on the road, instead of UGA at home and UK on the road. We shall see how OM does the next few weeks. IF they win at LSU, well....

Regarding MSU, if you were writing a story today and wanted a character in the biggest underdog role faced with an impossible situation, you would create MSU football. However you all are well aware of the landscape of college football and Alabama to the east and OM to the north stealing resources.

However, I agree it is time to fund our football recruiting budget. According to this link we were bottom 1/3 in the SEC in spending on recruiting. Come on!! We played terrible last night but talent was an issue to. We are on equal footing with UK in football talent.

https://www.on3.com/news/ranking-college-football-programs-in-recruiting-spending-georgia-alabama-tennessee-clemson-arkansas/

I did have a State fan/alum that knows recruiting and knows people, we have a very hard time convincing big city players to consider MSU. I really think MSU needs to figure that out. We need to recruit more beyond Mississippi. Also, if you have a head coach that is "Ho hum" about recruiting, you better have a staff that recruits their tails off.

Now MSU fans/alumni/cigar boys......whomever. MSU fans/alumni just don't care as much as OM fans/alumni. We as a state are divided and fragmented far more than Arkansas, so that doesn't help. However, MS has far more talent than Arkansas. My point is when a kid walks around his home town in MS, he is being tugged 4-6 different ways. How can we as MSU make sure our voice is heard and or school represented positively to these young athletes? I am willing to do whatever within reason. Give someone some tickets. Drive them to campus. Whatever. However, as MSU fan 40 years, I know the one guy but keeps his information private (don't blame him).

Anyways, here is an example of how much more organized or the effort OM puts into recruiting. Look up Rebel Walk.com. It looks to be a bunch of OM alumnis that have gotten together and follow kids on social media. Rebel Walk hired this journalist that happens to be former MS UK and is hot. She is tweeting at these recruits. Anyways.....just an example. I don't know how much rebel walk is doing or what difference they make. However, it is an example of their effort. When I run into State alumni or fans up here in and around Memphis.....most say stuff like "I haven't been to Starkville in 20 years" blah blah blah...........anyways, let me know if I can help. We need better players......period.

One thing about this, and I may step on toes, but ain’t no way in hell as a grown man am I following croots on social media to try to talk them into coming to my school. I’m not targeting you maroon or saying you’re saying to do this. I agree with a lot of what you said.

Dawgology
10-16-2022, 12:40 PM
One thing about this, and I may step on toes, but ain’t no way in hell as a grown man am I following croots on social media to try to talk them into coming to my school. I’m not targeting you maroon or saying you’re saying to do this. I agree with a lot of what you said.

This. This is why we do not belong in the SEC. Neither our athletic program nor our fans are willing to do what it takes to contend in the SEC. I stand by my statement last night. We would lose some money that we are not spending on football anyway but we would gain more average wins a year in the ACC or BIG12. More wins equal better brand recognition and a more marketable product. If our athletic program, boosters and fans are not willing to do what it takes to really succeed in the SEC then we need to find a place more equitable to what we need and not stay as a doormat charity case.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 12:47 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/where-each-sec-athletics-program-ranked-nationally-in-terms-of-total-revenue/

Article was from 4 years ago.. No. 2 — Texas A&M — $211,960,034 and that money has not purchased a National Championship team yet and they can't beat us.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 12:47 PM
Is there anything about Cohen, Keenum or Leach that makes you want to give Money to MSU Athletics?

Then we will never NIL our way out of this. Your cart is before the horse.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 12:56 PM
This. This is why we do not belong in the SEC. Neither our athletic program nor our fans are willing to do what it takes to contend in the SEC. I stand by my statement last night. We would lose some money that we are not spending on football anyway but we would gain more average wins a year in the ACC or BIG12. More wins equal better brand recognition and a more marketable product. If our athletic program, boosters and fans are not willing to do what it takes to really succeed in the SEC then we need to find a place more equitable to what we need and not stay as a doormat charity case.

Yes because saying "I'm not stalking kids" is some horrible concept. There are lines that do not have to be crossed in order to win.

Dawgology
10-16-2022, 03:08 PM
Yes because saying "I'm not stalking kids" is some horrible concept. There are lines that do not have to be crossed in order to win.

In the SEC it looks like it makes a difference. The type of players we need to win big games in the SEC require that type of fan and that type of attention.

PikeDawg15
10-16-2022, 03:25 PM
Article was from 4 years ago.. No. 2 — Texas A&M — $211,960,034 and that money has not purchased a National Championship team yet and they can't beat us.

That?s because they literally have the worst coach in the south eastern conference . He?s worse than Harsin

Thick
10-16-2022, 04:17 PM
I think our AD is the problem. It all starts at the top, and maybe Keenum too.

msu15
10-16-2022, 07:25 PM
It goes deeper than that. Keenum would have ZERO shot at being the Prez at any other SEC school, let alone others on a similar level. We hired because he has 3 degrees from State, not because he was the best and brightest option out there.

Yep. As someone who also has three degrees from MSU I can vouch for this statement. Some people really would be shocked at how Keenum is viewed.

BlackSailsDawg
10-16-2022, 08:08 PM
That?s because they literally have the worst coach in the south eastern conference . He?s worse than Harsin

LOL...

So having the worst budget and Leach beating him means what then??

Do you see the irony in what you are selling?

Put Leach at TAMU and TAMU is smacking BAMA and MSU!

Bdawg
10-16-2022, 09:44 PM
In the SEC it looks like it makes a difference. The type of players we need to win big games in the SEC require that type of fan and that type of attention.

Money talks, Dawg. What any grown man says to some teenage attention whore on social media doesn?t amount to a drop in the bucket. Fill that bucket with money and you got yourself a croot. That just sounds pathetic to me of grown men trying to get the attention of teenage kids through social media. Like a tweet when the croot says something good about your school, fine with me. Anything above that, not for me.