PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat OT: Amazon Prime video quality for football

RocketDawg
10-13-2022, 07:36 PM
Watching a little NFL football on Amazon Prime tonight, and the picture seems a little jerky, like the frame rate is too low. There doesn't seem to be a problem with streaming bandwidth - I have 1 gig service and get close to that speed according to speed tests. It just can't seem to handle fairly rapid motion, especially noticeable on closeups when the player is running or jogging after a play.

Anybody else notice this? It's not the same good quality as a regular HD broadcast, and certainly not as good as 4K HDR.

Catfish
10-13-2022, 07:40 PM
Terrible picture here too.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 07:45 PM
Yeah it's been that way all season on the prime broadcasts

Offshore Dawg
10-13-2022, 07:45 PM
Mine is bad also for the game, but commercial are sharp.

msstate7
10-13-2022, 07:54 PM
Colts vs broncos followed by Washington vs Chicago may have bezos wishing he saved his money for another space trip

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 07:56 PM
Colts vs broncos followed by Washington vs Chicago may have bezos wishing he saved his money for another space trip

They've really had some crappy games and this one looks like 2 mules fighting over a corncob

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 08:12 PM
This game has 3-2 feel to it

somebodyshotmypaw
10-13-2022, 08:18 PM
I don’t even have Amazon Prime. I thought it had something to do with free shipping. I didn’t know it was a TV channel until they started broadcasting football.

RocketDawg
10-13-2022, 08:30 PM
Mine is bad also for the game, but commercial are sharp.

Yes. I'm thinking they're using some out-of-date live cameras at the games. As Commerce said, it's been that way all season.

RocketDawg
10-13-2022, 08:35 PM
I don’t even have Amazon Prime. I thought it had something to do with free shipping. I didn’t know it was a TV channel until they started broadcasting football.

I does have "free" shipping on orders (and it's a good deal if you order a lot of things), but it also includes music as well as a bunch of included movies and programming, as well as some that you can get if you pay extra for. I like it pretty well except for the lousy pictures for live football. They now have exclusive rights for Thursday night NFL games, but if you're in the cities of the two teams (tonight they are Chicago and Washington) they're also on broadcast channels.

Vandownbytheriver
10-13-2022, 09:22 PM
My stream has been crystal clear all year long. I know some folks have had issues with it, but not over here.

Extendedcab
10-13-2022, 09:25 PM
Last week, for the Arkansas game, did anyone think the picture was dark most of the game? I hope it was not my TV!!

Catfish
10-13-2022, 09:30 PM
Last week, for the Arkansas game, did anyone think the picture was dark most of the game? I hope it was not my TV!!

I think that was the cameras they were using.

Dawgology
10-13-2022, 10:23 PM

It was terrible. I?m running 1 Gb fiber on an ultra high def QLED and it looked like crap?commercials were beautiful though

Lord McBuckethead
10-14-2022, 12:47 AM
Borrowed espns cameras I see.

Lord McBuckethead
10-14-2022, 12:53 AM
Fox has the best cameras, best resolution, best color balance, and best overage screen graphics. ESPN has forgotten the quality of the picture matters. It sucks when the FN pylon cam is clearer than the main camera. My Fox 4K baseball coverage is awesome.

parabrave
10-14-2022, 01:13 AM
I think that was the cameras they were using.

I this why Scott Fields grass looks like shit during the games?

RocketDawg
10-14-2022, 06:07 PM
Fox has the best cameras, best resolution, best color balance, and best overage screen graphics. ESPN has forgotten the quality of the picture matters. It sucks when the FN pylon cam is clearer than the main camera. My Fox 4K baseball coverage is awesome.

Dodgers/Padres in 4K HDR tonight on Dish 540 at 7:30. Watching the Braves/Phillies now in regular HD and it's not bad at all.