PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban

Maverick91
10-13-2022, 01:36 PM
Fun facts crunching numbers and such, ole Nicky if he really wants to the title of king ?most wins? if he keeps up with his average of 11 games a year won he will have to coach 12 more seasons to beat Jo Paterno for wins total . Jo is sitting at 409. Bryant is sitting at 323 and Saban at the start of this year was sitting at 269.

We might have to live with him for a little while longer. Lol

Matt3467
10-13-2022, 02:27 PM
Fun facts crunching numbers and such, ole Nicky if he really wants to the title of king ?most wins? if he keeps up with his average of 11 games a year won he will have to coach 12 more seasons to beat Jo Paterno for wins total . Jo is sitting at 409. Bryant is sitting at 323 and Saban at the start of this year was sitting at 269.

We might have to live with him for a little while longer. Lol

I doubt Saban coaches into his 80s. Heck tbh I'll be surprised if he's still coaching past 75.

RocketDawg
10-13-2022, 08:41 PM
I doubt Saban coaches into his 80s. Heck tbh I'll be surprised if he's still coaching past 75.

He's beginning to show his age, and I know the feeling ....

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 08:43 PM
He's beginning to show his age, and I know the feeling ....

I honestly don't know how he puts in the hours at his age. Im not as old as him but I don't have the energy to frequently put in 12+ hour days anymore

Saltydog
10-13-2022, 09:10 PM
He'll fall over dead with a heart attack before he will catch Joe.

Catfish
10-13-2022, 09:17 PM
He'll fall over dead with a heart attack before he will catch Joe.

Waiting for Commerce, Weekend at ______

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 09:18 PM
Waiting for Commerce, Weekend at ______

Lol, "Weekend at Little Nickys"

Leeshouldveflanked
10-14-2022, 05:44 AM
Alabama could have a cardboard cut out of Saban on the sideline and win 10 games a year as long as they stick to the proce$$

Apoplectic
10-14-2022, 07:30 AM
Can he win 11 with a level playing field from NIL?

Maverick91
10-14-2022, 09:13 AM
Can he win 11 with a level playing field from NIL?

I think this year we are finding out that?s the the case. Could be wrong, but I haven?t seen his bama team look this way in awhile.

IMissJack
10-14-2022, 07:11 PM
I don?t think it is Nick, I think the transfer portal and recruiting competition with other NIL big boys is going to affect his team. Now guys that are 4 stars are not going to sit behind a 5 star for four years. They are going to get paid, stay a year or two and go somewhere they can play.

Maverick91
10-14-2022, 07:35 PM
I don?t think it is Nick, I think the transfer portal and recruiting competition with other NIL big boys is going to affect his team. Now guys that are 4 stars are not going to sit behind a 5 star for four years. They are going to get paid, stay a year or two and go somewhere they can play.

And I am 💯 fine with this. That means when they transfer over to us they are not so much worried about money they are worried about the right stuff, football and school. They already made their money.

Todd4State
10-14-2022, 07:59 PM

Yep. A big part of their "organization" is getting players and essentially hoarding them to keep them off of other teams that could use them. It's the they can't beat us if they're on our bench philosophy. And then if those players can't crack Bama's two deep they would "process" them.

Now those players that were getting aid for being "injured" after being processed are going to other places to play.

Coach34
10-14-2022, 08:19 PM
He is signed to coach Bama until 2030 right now

basedog
10-14-2022, 08:48 PM
He is signed to coach Bama until 2030 right now

Can’t see this happening. Things happen fast in your 70’s. His advantage is he has no hobbies except football, but health is the key.

Coach34
10-14-2022, 09:15 PM
Can’t see this happening. Things happen fast in your 70’s. His advantage is he has no hobbies except football, but health is the key.

I hear ya. He is 70. But as long as he stays healthy- he is not going to quit. He is going to drop dead in his office unless he gets cancer or something he has to fight on a long term basis. Thats just his personality

Coach34
10-14-2022, 09:17 PM
I hear ya. He is 70. But as long as he stays healthy- he is not going to quit. He is going to drop dead in his office unless he gets cancer or something he has to fight on a long term basis. Thats just his personality

I'm glad I dont have that personality. If I had his money I'd be on tour with the Chili Peppers for the next 6 months enjoying life.

basedog
10-14-2022, 10:35 PM
I'm glad I dont have that personality. If I had his money I'd be on tour with the Chili Peppers for the next 6 months enjoying life.

LOL I don’t know about being on a tour with Chill Peppers but I fo sho would be doing some touring! Btw, went to Grand Ole Opry a week ago, my first time there and it was awesome. LOCASH brought the house down, Craig Morgan and Jon Pardi were awesome as well.

Todd4State
10-14-2022, 10:57 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with an assistant head coach who will eventually be their next head coach at some point to ease the transition between now and then.

RocketDawg
10-15-2022, 12:25 PM

That's for sure ....