PDA

View Full Version : Thursday hype bluegrass edition

Maverick91
10-13-2022, 11:55 AM
There is a very weird part of me that feels better at this point in this season than I did at this point in the 2014 season. Maybe it is hindsight now knowing that we have a fully bought in staff that is not shopping jobs come start of November, maybe it is not running 1A 1B defense, maybe it?s having a coach that for as long as I have followed him never played scared. Probably a mixture of all three!

Anyways we still have everything ahead of us, NY6 bowl, upsetting teams that we haven?t in awhile, SEC championship, egg bowl. We are not out of it, that brings me great warmth this time of year. That is extremely exciting, and I know that we would all be flipping our frick if we were undefeated right now. Thinking back to that LSU game the more I believe that was the turning point for this team mentally to recognize they have to bring their A game every week. I would also rather lose the game earlier in the year than later.

Taking care of business this week, which there is no reason why we cannot do to the cats what we have done to Arky or A$M. Again, the things that hold this team back is not talent it is focus and execution. We go up there and tackle well, catch the balls we are supposed to, and do not commit stupid penalties, we will win this game well. Again I think LSU got most of that out of us.

Winning big this weekend and walking into a tired, emotional Bama I can see being really good for us. No matter if they win or lose.

Everyone was hyping bama to be their best season, with all respect to bama especially since we haven?t beaten them since Croom. I don?t think this bama team is mentally where other bama teams have been, especially without Young at the helm. I?m not saying that we win, but there is ZERO reason for us to not give them a 4 quarter game and us to at least walk out with a moral victory. (For what they are worth)

All that to say, there is a lot to be excited about. We have to take care of business this weekend, but it is a good time to be a Dawg!

Go Auburn!

HAILSTATE lets get these fur ball coughs in check!

BlackSailsDawg
10-13-2022, 12:14 PM
https://moviessilently.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/c9b45-tolable-david-harmonica-dance.gif

Get my Kentucky buck on!

Catfish
10-13-2022, 01:45 PM
There is a very weird part of me that feels better at this point in this season than I did at this point in the 2014 season. Maybe it is hindsight now knowing that we have a fully bought in staff that is not shopping jobs come start of November, maybe it is not running 1A 1B defense, maybe it?s having a coach that for as long as I have followed him never played scared. Probably a mixture of all three!

Anyways we still have everything ahead of us, NY6 bowl, upsetting teams that we haven?t in awhile, SEC championship, egg bowl. We are not out of it, that brings me great warmth this time of year. That is extremely exciting, and I know that we would all be flipping our frick if we were undefeated right now. Thinking back to that LSU game the more I believe that was the turning point for this team mentally to recognize they have to bring their A game every week. I would also rather lose the game earlier in the year than later.

Taking care of business this week, which there is no reason why we cannot do to the cats what we have done to Arky or A$M. Again, the things that hold this team back is not talent it is focus and execution. We go up there and tackle well, catch the balls we are supposed to, and do not commit stupid penalties, we will win this game well. Again I think LSU got most of that out of us.

Winning big this weekend and walking into a tired, emotional Bama I can see being really good for us. No matter if they win or lose.

Everyone was hyping bama to be their best season, with all respect to bama especially since we haven?t beaten them since Croom. I don?t think this bama team is mentally where other bama teams have been, especially without Young at the helm. I?m not saying that we win, but there is ZERO reason for us to not give them a 4 quarter game and us to at least walk out with a moral victory. (For what they are worth)

All that to say, there is a lot to be excited about. We have to take care of business this weekend, but it is a good time to be a Dawg!

Go Auburn!

Amen!

TrapGame
10-13-2022, 03:02 PM

Go Auburn!

As you mention the team's mindset something Steve said on The Boneyard came to mind.

"Do not think for one minute that what happened in 2020 at Kentucky is not on their minds. They want to prove they can win on the road up there."

If we come out focused and disciplined UK is in for a rough night.

Maverick91
10-14-2022, 09:10 AM
This weekend is bigger than what I originally thought. I?m saying the stars have to align on this one, but it is not out of question for it to happen.

Auburn beats pissville U
Florida beats LSU
Tennessee beats Bama
We wax Kentucky

For the west:

Our tie breaker with LSU is gone.

We are in control of our destiny to travel to Atlanta. Wow what a dream!

Lord McBuckethead
10-14-2022, 09:54 AM
This is all that needs to happen for us to go to Atlanta.
Bama loses to both us and Tenn.
We win all of our games except for GA.
Bama beats UM and LSU, making them 6-2 in the SEC.
UM finishes 6-2 in the SEC with losses to Us and Bama.
We finish the season 6-2 but have the tie breakers against Bama and UM.

Without TN beating Bama, we will need some help. LSU is going to lose another game, but we need them to lose two more to end our tie breaker with them. Which they will. UM and Bama and maybe UF should all beat them or could anyway.

So, we need to take care of business over the next two weeks. Let's get it done dawgs.

parabrave
10-14-2022, 11:44 AM
Why is everyone writing UGA off? We have a better chance of beating them than Bama.

R2Dawg
10-14-2022, 11:59 AM
Why is everyone writing UGA off? We have a better chance of beating them than Bama.

Probably true. I think we win one of them and a chance in both. UGA play UT the weekend before us. We catch them just right.

EdwardDrayton
10-14-2022, 03:01 PM
I am all in Saturday; I believe we will win. And I am a ?veteran? State fan so I do not get there easily.

Do not hurt me Dawgs.

MBDawg601
10-14-2022, 04:55 PM
State by fiddy

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2022, 12:06 AM
Because beating GA gets us no where near winning the west. Bama does, but only if they lose to TN.

Hambone
10-15-2022, 07:03 AM
11-1. Get your hotel rooms ready in Atlanta.

basedog
10-15-2022, 07:29 AM
11-1. Get your hotel rooms ready in Atlanta.

The "wool" is thick**