PDA

View Full Version : How does Stoops play defense this time?

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2022, 01:57 PM
Last year Will was 36-39 (92%) 13 of those 36 completions were to RBs. I think Stoops will play us similarly to the way LSU did a few weeks ago, zone on the back-end and man coverage on the backs out of the backfield. Trying to take away the checkdown long enough to give the rush a little more time to get to Will, or tackle the checkdown for no gain.

I just don't think they have the athletes at DL and LB to make it work for 4 quarters though. This is where a mobile QB would be deadly.

Santiago
10-12-2022, 02:13 PM
He definitely will not sit back. He will try something to get Will out of rhythm

BlackSailsDawg
10-12-2022, 03:02 PM
Last year Will was 36-39 (92%) 13 of those 36 completions were to RBs. I think Stoops will play us similarly to the way LSU did a few weeks ago, zone on the back-end and man coverage on the backs out of the backfield. Trying to take away the checkdown long enough to give the rush a little more time to get to Will, or tackle the checkdown for no gain.

I just don't think they have the athletes at DL and LB to make it work for 4 quarters though. This is where a mobile QB would be deadly.

Yeah, nothing to lose now. Just bring the heat with a bit more heat.

Our shuffle pass will handle that...

Maverick91
10-12-2022, 03:14 PM
I think he can try what LSU did again they do not have the athletes that LSU does and I think all the drops that were self inflicted made LSU defensive gameplan look better than what it was actually doing.

basedog
10-12-2022, 03:29 PM
Usually, teams in a losing streak will try and play more aggressive on defense. I can see Ky blitzing more and mixing in zones with man-to-man coverage. I also think they will throw the ball deep looking for big plays to fire up the team and crowd. In other words, they will go all out by rolling the dice, why not?

thf24
10-12-2022, 04:14 PM
Usually, teams in a losing streak will try and play more aggressive on defense. I can see Ky blitzing more and mixing in zones with man-to-man coverage. I also think they will throw the ball deep looking for big plays to fire up the team and crowd. In other words, they will go all out by rolling the dice, why not?

I think you're correct on all of that, but it's wild to think that a preseason top 20 team at home at night with an alleged top 10 draft pick at QB reeks of that much desperation.

TrapGame
10-12-2022, 04:23 PM

They'll try to throw it deep early to get the mojo and the crowd but how sure is Levis' footwork going to be and can his OL give him enough time to target a deep ball?

Will has moved in the pocket very well the last couple of games. I'm not sure UK's defense is going to really pressure him.

We need to play a clean game and stay focused.

parabrave
10-12-2022, 04:41 PM

Winner. He will have to put pressure on WR and hope he makes a mistake.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2022, 04:44 PM

I don't think that will be the gameplan going in, but it will devolve into that in the 2nd half.

Jarius
10-12-2022, 06:45 PM
I think you're correct on all of that, but it's wild to think that a preseason top 20 team at home at night with an alleged top 10 draft pick at QB reeks of that much desperation.

They were always extremely overrated and Levis has always sucked. Nothing has changed and people that thought they didn’t suck we’re projecting a huge jump that rarely happens at this late stage of a qb’s career.

msu15
10-12-2022, 06:49 PM
Yeah, nothing to lose now. Just bring the heat with a bit more heat.

It's called a shovel pass. "Shuffle pass" lololol, sounds like a new dance move.

BlackSailsDawg
10-12-2022, 07:36 PM
It's called a shovel pass. "Shuffle pass" lololol, sounds like a new dance move.

Shuffle!!! He's dancing all the way to the house!

Catfish
10-12-2022, 07:45 PM

LOL, Touchdown!!!

Coach34
10-12-2022, 08:00 PM

Only a Pre-Madonna that was a Punchin Judy hitter in baseball looser would call it a shuffle pass.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2022, 08:46 PM

Is that you Ickey Woods?

msu15
10-13-2022, 02:38 AM

Dillion definitely agrees with that!

Dawgology
10-13-2022, 10:20 AM

That?s the dance Hingle McCringleberry does.

TrapGame
10-13-2022, 10:57 AM
That?s the dance Hingle McCringleberry does.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/hingle-mccringleberry-gif-3.gif

TrapGame
10-13-2022, 11:07 AM
The defense is gonna be he defense. Whether it's a cover 2 or cloud. UK has zero pass rush in other games. I'm thinking what Stoops is going to do on offense. His pro style NFL play caller is pretty mediocre. Levis can't drop back for a long throw often being gimpy and behind the worst OL in SEC. I'm sure they will try to run it with CRod and Smoke with the intermittent 10-15 yard pass.