PDA

View Full Version : Oh my! All white uni's and a new helmet logo? Script STATE maybe???

CadaverDawg
10-11-2022, 09:21 PM
Dawgs by fiddy

https://i.imgflip.com/6wkzf3.jpg

CadaverDawg
10-11-2022, 09:22 PM
Full tweet for context....

https://i.imgflip.com/6wkzlz.jpg

DownwardDawg
10-11-2022, 09:23 PM
Sweet!!!

msu15
10-11-2022, 09:26 PM
My favorite road combination!

CadaverDawg
10-11-2022, 09:31 PM
If we break out the State script, our fan base is going to go nuts, in a good way. We can't get rid of the banner logo on the helmets fast enough.

https://i.imgflip.com/6wl0fs.jpg

Commercecomet24
10-11-2022, 09:37 PM
If we break out the State script, our fan base is going to go nuts, in a good way. We can't get rid of the banner logo on the helmets fast enough.

https://i.imgflip.com/6wl0fs.jpg

I love It! We are State!

TrapGame
10-11-2022, 09:45 PM
Holy Hell.

I'm so fired up.

KOdawg1
10-11-2022, 10:12 PM
A script State helmet would be so cool. I don't see how it would be possible to go back to the banner m after that

bulldawg28
10-12-2022, 03:05 AM
Nice

Tater
10-12-2022, 05:32 AM
That's very clearly the interlocking MSU from Jackie's years. That's a rounded 90 degree turn U. (As opposed to MSJ which would show two turns at 45 degrees.)

Just look at what peeks out in the corner and you'll clearly see it.

BeardoMSU
10-12-2022, 06:48 AM
https://media.tenor.com/9Ll4c4sgyooAAAAC/officespace-oface.gif

viverlibre
10-12-2022, 07:09 AM
I love It! We are State!

Concur! I prefer bold, block all caps STATE, but i'd gladly take it.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2022, 07:30 AM
Stormtrooper look is the only way we should wear white helmets.

I'll take it with State script, Jackie's classic MSU (not the MSJ), Flying M, M over S, Bell & Dowsing MS, a Walking Bully, a Swinging Bully, numbers, or blank -
Just ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE BANNER MSTATE!

Lord McBuckethead
10-12-2022, 07:33 AM
Is this for Kentucky or Bama?

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2022, 07:38 AM
https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/you-had-my-curiosity-gif-8.gif

SilentSteel16
10-12-2022, 08:12 AM
With the banner showing 2x on helmet already wouldn’t you think they would match it?

Goldendawg
10-12-2022, 09:01 AM
A script State helmet would be so cool. I don't see how it would be possible to go back to the banner m after that

MState is slapped on everything football, all clothing/merchandise, and all over campus. Someone with a lot of stubborn power keeps it everywhere. Again I ask, when someone asks you where you went to college you reply "MState"? No, it is "State" or Mississippi State. This is our "New Coke" and has been forced on us far too long. Listen to the fans! Hail State!, not Hail MState.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 09:10 AM
MState is slapped on everything football, all clothing/merchandise, and all over campus. Someone with a lot of stubborn power keeps it everywhere. Again I ask, when someone asks you where you went to college you reply "MState"? No, it is "State" or Mississippi State. This is our "New Coke" and has been forced on us far too long. Listen to the fans! Hail State!, not Hail MState.

I've been saying State since the cradle. We are STATE!

Jack Lambert
10-12-2022, 09:15 AM

In North Carolina, NC State fans say "State" as well.

ZedFedder
10-12-2022, 09:18 AM
With the banner showing 2x on helmet already wouldn’t you think they would match it?

This.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 09:20 AM
In North Carolina, NC State fans say "State" as well.

They do in Utah and Arizona too for Utah State and Arizona State, but we are the original lol.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2022, 10:02 AM
Script it is!!!

https://twitter.com/hailstatefb/status/1580211781653307392?s=46&t=dpIBNRmaERhD6oqHaHOr6g

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 10:08 AM
Script it is!!!

https://twitter.com/hailstatefb/status/1580211781653307392?s=46&t=dpIBNRmaERhD6oqHaHOr6g

That is awesome! That needs to be permanent!

gtowndawg
10-12-2022, 10:12 AM
I like it alot, I would love to see it on a maroon helmet.

TrapGame
10-12-2022, 10:12 AM
Man, that is SWEEET!!

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 10:19 AM
I like it alot, I would love to see it on a maroon helmet.

Me too! This should be our permanent helmets Maroon and White!

mparkerfd20
10-12-2022, 10:36 AM
IF that doesn't become the primary over that stupid banner M a lot of people need to be fired!

GoDawgz
10-12-2022, 10:37 AM
How do does it ever go back to the banner after this..... I really like the script State!

PMDawg
10-12-2022, 10:40 AM
That's very clearly the interlocking MSU from Jackie's years. That's a rounded 90 degree turn U. (As opposed to MSJ which would show two turns at 45 degrees.)

Just look at what peeks out in the corner and you'll clearly see it.

So wrong, but with such confidence!

ZedFedder
10-12-2022, 10:50 AM
Oh man those are NOICE.

Goldendawg
10-12-2022, 10:53 AM
Me too! This should be our permanent helmets Maroon and White!

100%. Would still love to see the interlocking MSU helmet back as a retro, special occasion game. The MState will never go away as these "powers" have plastered it everywhere for decades now. Average fan/student doesn't even know the interlocking MSU was ever used. Hail STATE!

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 11:05 AM
100%. Would still love to see the interlocking MSU helmet back as a retro, special occasion game. The MState will never go away as these "powers" have plastered it everywhere for decades now. Average fan/student doesn't even know the interlocking MSU was ever used. Hail STATE!

Yep I agree with you on all that! I love the Flying M logo we used last year as well. Would love to see that one every now and then too.

CaptainObvious
10-12-2022, 11:12 AM
Don?t we have Hail State as a registered Trademark? If so, that means that Wash State, Utah State, Colorado State, Idaho State, Oregon State, Arizona State, New Mexico State, Texas State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Montana State, Boise State, Mankato State, Iowa State, Missouri State, Arkansas State, Louisiana State, Texas State, Jackson State, Delta State, Valley State, Illinois State, Tennessee State, Kentucky State, Indiana State, The Ohio State, Pennsylvania State, Youngstown State, Appalachian State, Alabama State, Georgia State, NC State, Florida State, South Carolina State, Delaware State, or any other State cannot use HAIL STATE!

Catfish
10-12-2022, 11:19 AM
Don?t we have Hail State as a registered Trademark? If so, that means that Wash State, Utah State, Colorado State, Idaho State, Oregon State, Arizona State, New Mexico State, Texas State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Montana State, Boise State, Mankato State, Iowa State, Missouri State, Arkansas State, Louisiana State, Texas State, Jackson State, Delta State, Valley State, Illinois State, Tennessee State, Kentucky State, Indiana State, The Ohio State, Pennsylvania State, Youngstown State, Appalachian State, Alabama State, Georgia State, NC State, Florida State, South Carolina State, Delaware State, or any other State cannot use HAIL STATE!

Dang, that's a lot of states even for an auctioneer.

smootness
10-12-2022, 11:28 AM

What about San Diego State?

State82
10-12-2022, 11:37 AM
I love the Flying M logo we used last year as well.

One of my favorites from back in the day. Got some apparel with that logo.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 11:38 AM
One of my favorites from back in the day. Got some apparel with that logo.

Yeah I loved that one. I gotta get me some with that logo.

Offshore Dawg
10-12-2022, 11:39 AM
who decides to make this permanent. this looks GREAT.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 11:40 AM
who decides to make this permanent. this looks GREAT.

It needs to be permanent. Need to start some kind of campaign for this.

Fader21
10-12-2022, 11:47 AM

There is a lot of rules on the use of trademarks. Way to many to identify without some legal basis. Also, it comes down to did the university give others the right to use it. If say N.C. State used "Hail State" for monetary gain without the permission of Mississippi State then yes there might be a legal basis for cease and desist, but I believe they can put up Hail State on a jumbotron on 3rd and 15 because their is not a monetary gain coming in from that.

CaptainObvious
10-12-2022, 12:00 PM

Man. I figured you would be impressed that I remembered Mankato State. But I did say ?and any other states? in case I missed a few. 😎

Santiago
10-12-2022, 12:01 PM
Yep I agree with you on all that! I love the Flying M logo we used last year as well. Would love to see that one every now and then too.

Agree on Flying M. It needs to be in the occasional rotation.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2022, 12:02 PM

No love for Valdosta State? You owe Mike Leach an apology.

Tater
10-12-2022, 12:58 PM
So wrong, but with such confidence!

Coach always said if you **** up, do it full speed.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 01:04 PM

I maybe wrong but I'm never in doubt!

RocketDawg
10-12-2022, 03:36 PM

MState.edu is our URL. Michigan State beat us to msu.edu.

TheLostDawg
10-12-2022, 04:09 PM

m state (banner m) could be a few of those so I don't get the argument of saying other schools can identify by "state" as well.
I'm sec country, everyone knows state is ms State.

cheewgumm
10-12-2022, 04:13 PM
whoa that has to be the new permanent.

Let's see the maroon version.

MagicDawg
10-12-2022, 04:16 PM
MState.edu is our URL. Michigan State beat us to msu.edu.

Actually MSState.edu -- extra S.

USS Relf
10-12-2022, 04:21 PM
These helmets are amazing. I wouldn't mind if they made the "State" even a little bigger but these are a 100% upgrade.

RocketDawg
10-12-2022, 04:22 PM
Actually MSState.edu -- extra S.

I could blame it on autocorrect but I'd be wrong. It should be mstate though, just like Alabama should be UAT. Tennessee did it right (utk).

DownwardDawg
10-12-2022, 04:54 PM

I agree.

KOdawg1
10-12-2022, 06:38 PM
whoa that has to be the new permanent.

Let's see the maroon version.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 06:43 PM

These need to be the permanent helmets

KOdawg1
10-12-2022, 07:07 PM
These need to be the permanent helmets
Yep. Keep the banner for academic stuff if you want, but these need to be the helmets

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 07:09 PM
Yep. Keep the banner for academic stuff if you want, but these need to be the helmets

Amen! They're classy and original.

Maverick91
10-12-2022, 07:25 PM

I like the size of that one. Maybe I am seeing it wrong, but the ones we are displaying this weekend seems to be a little small. But still I will anything I would take a blank maroon or white helmet over the current logo.

PMDawg
10-12-2022, 10:14 PM

I'd actually like this on our uniform somewhere. Lol

Great response. My coach said that too.

Maroonthirteen
10-13-2022, 06:11 AM
I like the size of that one. Maybe I am seeing it wrong, but the ones we are displaying this weekend seems to be a little small. .

The actual product is smaller than this pic. The baseball script logo floated around on the internet is to large to fit on the left side and read correctly.

AusTexDawg
10-13-2022, 09:16 AM
Wish it was a maroon helmet. Save the white helmets for the occasional appearance of the Flying M

Turfdawg67
10-13-2022, 02:40 PM
What does "&tate" mean?? Who's Tate and why are we including him?

DownwardDawg
10-13-2022, 03:11 PM

Whales ********

DawgNamedScuba
10-13-2022, 05:11 PM
Bored at work, listened to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiXpsjOsF8s

Maroonthirteen
10-13-2022, 07:39 PM
So transparent with his agenda. He mentions 2004 but no mention of 2014 when the logo was on the helmet.

Also "State" is so damn generic Dr Pepper uses the term for fictional school.

What a dumb monologue.

Santiago
10-13-2022, 07:42 PM
So transparent with his agenda. He mentions 2004 but no mention of 2014 when the logo was on the helmet.

Also "State" is so damn generic Dr Pepper uses the term for fictional school.

What a dumb monologue.

So you think that is dumb to use "State" as opposed to "MState"?
Worlds apart, right ? ***

Goldendawg
10-13-2022, 07:57 PM
Was talking to one of my best friends, since 7th grade, today who is a big OM fan. He said he never thought in his lifetime that he would see OM in all white uniforms and State wearing gray pants "and looking Damn good doing it". I to have grown to like our uni's using gray pants. Love our all white for road games with cursive State on helmets. Now bring back Jackie era uniforms for a special game! Hail State!

Maroonthirteen
10-13-2022, 08:20 PM
So you think that is dumb to use "State" as opposed to "MState"?
Worlds apart, right ? ***

He said Mississippi State University should Market itself as "State". That would be extremely dumb and would not allow Mississippi State to differentiate from any other "State" in the US.

Put whatever on the helmet. I'm over it.

However....Secondly and more importantly, at least tell all the facts, be honest and have a solid argument if you are going to use your platform to speak to the public.

I won't dissect all the holes in his monologue. However his mention of 2004 only without telling the complete story of the 1996 final 4 and then football 2009 to the present (which the MState logo was worn all those years) is dishonest and bordering on a flat lie.... on the radio to the people of MS. That makes me mad more than anything.