PDA

View Full Version : New MSU Video

Outside Dawg
11-26-2013, 09:26 AM
I hadnt seen this posted anywhere yet. Be sure to read the summary caption under the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGsyZj90t4&feature=youtu.be

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Rage Against the Machine, their music pretty much captures my emotion for this game this year. Good video.

Coach34
11-26-2013, 10:10 AM
I enjoyed the hell out of that

SignalToNoise
11-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Bad ass.

Let's tweet and Facebook the shit out of that.

The Croom Diaries
11-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Very well done. And by an amateur I assume. Let's contract people like this out to make our videos.

SignalToNoise
11-26-2013, 10:26 AM
It was done by a professional ad agency. Details are in the about section of the video.

Copy/Paste description since it might not be available to mobile users:

In the fall of 1936, Mississippi State had beaten the University of Mississippi 17 times to their rival's 14 wins. Two of the games played on Thanksgiving Day had ended in ties. The small school of a few thousand had a deep sense of pride but most State students felt they were lacking something: a fight song. That year a campus humor magazine, Mis-A-Sip, sponsored a contest offering a $10 prize for the person who created the best fight song. The contest was nearing deadline in early 1937 and the cash prize had grown to $50 when someone approached Joseph Burlison "Mutt" Peavey, who owned Peavey Melody Store in Meridian, Miss., about the contest. He wasn't a student but was an avid Mississippi State fan. He eventually won the contest by composing "Hail Dear Ole State". Peavey's son, Hartley, went on to start a business in his father's garage, Peavey Electronics, that is world renowned and still in operation today.

In this video, Tony Pasko, known to most as one of the music writers of A&E's "Duck Dynasty" (who originally moved to Meridian from Chicago to work for Peavey Electronics) plays his guitar solo rendition of the fight song. And the mantra of "We're not fans, we are family" featured in the video is based off of the quote from MSU Quarterback Dak Prescott, who tweeted the this after losing his mother to cancer a few weeks ago: "At Mississippi State we don't have fans, we have FAMILY #Hailstate."

This video was produced by Meridian agency Alter Ego. Contact them at frediecarmichael@me.com or zobleu@gmail.com. Shot and edited by Reggie Thomas and Greg Gandy.

"For 73 years, Hail State has been the battle cry for our loyal fans and a warning for all those who invade Bulldog Territory...That's True Maroon"

Lyrics

Hail dear 'ole State!Fight for that victory today.Hit that line and tote that ball,Cross the goal before you fall!And then we'll yell, yell, yell, yell!For dear 'ole State we'll yell like H-E-L-L!Fight for Mis-sis-sip-pi State,Win that game today!

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I hope we are saving something up for the game. I might have saved that for the game if we have nothing else made. Regardless, great video.

Political Hack
11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm going to go tackle my wife. be back in a minute.

MSUDeltadawg1971
11-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Shouldn't he have been using a Peavey Amp?**

Lloyd Christmas
11-26-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm assuming by that you're married to a Mississippi grad? Possible thread hijack: When the egg bowl rolls around and they beat us does she rub it in your face? And when we beat them does she say: "It's just a game I really don't care." Because that's how I imagine egg bowl marriages.

Political Hack
11-26-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm assuming by that you're married to a Mississippi grad? Possible thread hijack: When the egg bowl rolls around and they beat us does she rub it in your face? And when we beat them does she say: "It's just a game I really don't care." Because that's how I imagine egg bowl marriages.

lol. I could never marry someone who pulls for that university. Between myself and my wife, we've got 4 MSU degrees.

Coach34
11-26-2013, 11:48 AM
I always tackle mine after an OOC win to remind her how dominant we are over little schools like her's these days (SMU)