3.0 yards per rush

355 yards passing per game
107 yards rushing per game
7.4 yards per pass attempt
4.2 yards per rush

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 08:07 PM
Good stuff and steady improvement!

Here's some more stats that are leading to our success: 1st in sec in forced turnovers with 12, top 10 in nation red zone offense, 19th in red zone defense. We're getting turnovers, scoring tds in red zone and preventing other teams from scoring in the red zone. That's what great football teams do.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-10-2022, 08:26 PM
Good stuff and steady improvement!

Here's some more stats that are leading to our success: 1st in sec in forced turnovers with 12, top 10 in nation red zone offense, 19th in red zone defense. We're getting turnovers, scoring tds in red zone and preventing other teams from scoring in the red zone. That's what great football teams do.

Agreed. Offensively, notice that the passing yards per game is actually down from last year. I think that’s a good thing because the yards per pass attempt has improved and the running game has been a bigger focus. We are getting some bigger pass plays, and we are running it both more often and more effectively. I hope Leach continues to work the running game. I think the OLine likes the run game, and I think the threat of the run game makes their pass protection easier.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 08:28 PM
Agreed. Offensively, notice that the passing yards per game is actually down from last year. I think that’s a good thing because the yards per pass attempt has improved and the running game has been a bigger focus. We are getting some bigger pass plays, and we are running it both more often and more effectively. I hope Leach continues to work the running game. I think the OLine likes the run game, and I think the threat of the run game makes their pass protection easier.

No doubt about. The way we've been running the ball has opened things up for us and kept dls from just going after our qb

Leroy Jenkins
10-10-2022, 08:56 PM
Regarding the run game, Will said postgame that it was not fair to the O-line for the DEs just get in a track-stance and rush the passer every play. Obviously they see what we see.

Also this thread is full of everything that makes me WOOLLY.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 08:59 PM
Our situational football on both sides of the ball has been outstanding this year. Red zone offense and defense, third down conversions-offense and defense, forced turnovers and not turning it over,etc . Performing well in situational football is the mark of great teams and of great coaching