PDA

View Full Version : UK depth chart released for our game

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2022, 02:11 PM
Has Levis listed as starter for what it's worth.

TrapGame
10-10-2022, 02:26 PM
He's gonna start. Like Obi Wan, he's their only hope. And he's still gonna be gimpy. Arnett will blitz him like no tomorrow.

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 02:33 PM
If he truly has turf toe he surely can't be close to 100%. I have seen NFL players lose a season or play in a very limited capacity with this injury. He also had a dislocated finger on his non-throwing hand against OM. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be the toughest team they have faced, on O and D. Kicking game on XP & FG not so sure, got to clean this up! Is holder part of problem? If so, who was holder last year?

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2022, 02:51 PM
If he truly has turf toe he surely can't be close to 100%. I have seen NFL players lose a season or play in a very limited capacity with this injury. He also had a dislocated finger on his non-throwing hand against OM. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be the toughest team they have faced, on O and D. Kicking game on XP & FG not so sure, got to clean this up! Is holder part of problem? If so, who was holder last year?

Odd he hurt his finger against ole miss. They usually prefer ankles.

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 02:56 PM
Odd he hurt his finger against ole miss. They usually prefer ankles.

At the time, he was "giving them the finger". They took offense, high morals and all! Hail State!

KOdawg1
10-10-2022, 02:59 PM
I don't really care if he does start. He's not that great.

Catfish
10-10-2022, 03:01 PM
I actually want him to start. No excuses when we kick their butt.

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 03:04 PM
Ive been shitting on kentucky since August. I hope I dont have to eat crow.

gtowndawg
10-11-2022, 11:24 AM

Leach was asked about kicking in his press conference. He said (paraphrasing) "if you're throwing a ball and your arm is over here (stuck out to side) then the ball is going to go that way." I think that's his way of saying the kicker is just not kicking properly.

Dawgology
10-11-2022, 12:19 PM
I feel for him out there with that type of frustrating injury. If it?s not bad he can definitely play through it but it?ll be tough on him. Especially if his foot gets stepped on.

HancockCountyDog
10-11-2022, 12:28 PM
https://c.tenor.com/kbIaUGIIoHEAAAAC/midnight-staley-pain.gif

TrapGame
10-11-2022, 12:52 PM
Lot of rumbling on the UK boards that he's not going to play to preserve his draft stock.

We'll see.

Lord McBuckethead
10-11-2022, 01:30 PM
We only have one guy that can hold lefty.

Goldendawg
10-11-2022, 03:41 PM
I feel for him out there with that type of frustrating injury. If it?s not bad he can definitely play through it but it?ll be tough on him. Especially if his foot gets stepped on.

When his toe gets stepped on. Dillon Day has been spotted at practice teaching DL/LB proper placement of footing when "stepping" around opposing players.******

thf24
10-11-2022, 04:23 PM
Lot of rumbling on the UK boards that he's not going to play to preserve his draft stock.

We'll see.

I feel like it's a losing proposition for him either way. If he sits out too much the rest of the way, the whispers of his mediocre body of work so far this year, particularly giving the game away to OM almost single-handedly, are going to get louder and louder as it gets close to draft time.

Goldendawg
10-11-2022, 05:43 PM
Kentucky's "rise" in the SEC is mostly due to playing in the East. They were by no means a top 10 team this year. Their record against most West teams is very poor. Stoops record against the West in road games is 0-11. They would be a bottom of the pack team in the West, but most East teams would. One at a time. Get this win!

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2022, 06:04 PM
Just gamesmanship. But tip of the cap to Arkansas. They took it the extra mile. They Jefferson dress and even take the coin toss. Really fooled us.*

Commercecomet24
10-11-2022, 06:46 PM
Just gamesmanship. But tip of the cap to Arkansas. They took it the extra mile. They Jefferson dress and even take the coin toss. Really fooled us.*

Lol yep they almost got us, just came up 24 points short!

Tater
10-11-2022, 07:04 PM
Teams aren't gonna give us an actual injury report because leach never gives one himself.

Hot Rock
10-12-2022, 10:31 AM
College teams are not required to giver injury reports. NFL teams are required to give injury report status at specific times. If a guy is going to be out, they put them on IR to be out at least 4 weeks to gain a much needed roster spot.

NFL seems to embrace the gambling portion much differently than colleges and even then guys like Bellichick still did things like list certain players like Brady on every injury report and cleared them to play at the last minute allowable.

TrapGame
10-12-2022, 10:47 AM
Teams aren't gonna give us an actual injury report because leach never gives one himself.

College teams are not required to giver injury reports. NFL teams are required to give injury report status at specific times. If a guy is going to be out, they put them on IR to be out at least 4 weeks to gain a much needed roster spot.

NFL seems to embrace the gambling portion much differently than colleges and even then guys like Bellichick still did things like list certain players like Brady on every injury report and cleared them to play at the last minute allowable.

At this point it's all just gamesmanship. Levis showed up to practice yesterday and took a few snaps. The OC said he's making progress (whatever that means). We know Levis is going to play Saturday and we will be prepared for him. I'm sure they are looking at film on Sheron too just in case.

Goldendawg
10-12-2022, 11:05 AM
OK guys I googled "recovery time for turf toe", and the internet never lies. Minor grade one injury may take a week or less. Grade 2 - several weeks and Grade 3 - several months to fully heal and the foot may have to be put in boot or a cast. That he was put in a boot tells me that they are trying to speed his recovery no matter the grade of his injury. Beat KY!

TrapGame
10-12-2022, 11:27 AM
OK guys I googled "recovery time for turf toe", and the internet never lies. Minor grade one injury may take a week or less. Grade 2 - several weeks and Grade 3 - several months to fully heal and the foot may have to be put in boot or a cast. That he was put in a boot tells me that they are trying to speed his recovery no matter the grade of his injury. Beat KY!

A poster on one of the UK boards that identified himself as a MD said basically the same thing. He said if it is turf toe and he is in a boot that is no bueno. He said grade 3 requires a boot and is serious career ending stuff if not treated properly.

I think it's just gamesmanship at this point. Levis ain't 100% by any stretch but without him we beat them like a rented mule. They will shoot him up and play him. They have to after the USC loss.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2022, 11:32 AM
A poster on one of the UK boards that identified himself as a MD said basically the same thing. He said if it is turf toe and he is in a boot that is no bueno. He said grade 3 requires a boot and is serious career ending stuff if not treated properly.

I think it's just gamesmanship at this point. Levis ain't 100% by any stretch but without him we beat them like a rented mule. They will shoot him up and play him. They have to after the USC loss.

Yeah he's there only chance. I know one thing, they're backup is not as good as the 2 that arky played, and if he plays instead of levis they're in trouble(and they know it too). They'll ride levis like bianco rides a starting pitcher lol.

bulldawg28
10-12-2022, 08:22 PM

I had turf toe and couldn't practice for weeks. However, I would play in games. Afterwards I would wear slippers during the week due to the swelling. Being a QB and having to deal with planting every play will be difficult. By the second half he'll have no mobility with that foot.

basedog
10-12-2022, 09:26 PM
Steroids are a powerful drug**