PDA

View Full Version : Who needs to win and lose this weekend

Maverick91
10-10-2022, 11:36 AM
State is ranked 16th, this is sick. We are hitting our stride exactly when this team needs to, and I couldn?t be prouder of them and the things that they can accomplish this season.

The deeper we get into the season the more that LSU lose tastes like bad sweat tea on a sunny day. But I will take it, if it was what this team needed to wake up and have a fantastic season.

FISHDAWG asked and he shall receive, this is my thoughts on what needs to happen this weekend to set us up well going into Bama.

With the below I am assuming that State beats Kentucky like we beat Arky and A$M. I personally believe no matter what happens with Levis I think we should win this game 46-10. That offense is inept even with Levis, I just see us matching up well with them on all sides of the ball.

(7 TD?s and two 2-point conversions) because you know Leach hates inconsistency.

Side note: I don?t know how good they are on touchbacks, but if they give us room for kick returns that could be huge.

-Penn State is ranked 10th and they are playing Michigan 5th. If Michigan can win by 17, I believe we can overtake PSU. So, root for Michigan to win well.
-Obviously, we want, need, pray for Auburn to beat Pissville U who is ranked 9th. If Auburn beats them, they will drop below us hard, to me that would be the bubble popping.
-This one is weird due to how they are ranked. N.C. State is 15th and Syracuse is 18th, I think we want Syracuse to win 1. Lower ranked team so the 15th should fall below us. 2. Shrader ? I want him to have a good game. So, I think we want this to be a slugfest with Syracuse winning very late low scoring like 21-17 or 24-21. Something that isnt going to look super flashy so that our flashy win over Kentucky looks much better and we can land ahead of both teams when the dust settles.
-Oklahoma St 8th verse TCU 13th. This is easy we need Oklahoma to win, and we probably need them to win well, the line is currently at TCU -3.5 we need OSU to cover probably by 10 or so for us to surpass TCU.
-USC 7th verse Utah 20th. We need USC to win, if Utah pulled this upset and depending on how they did it. That could throw a wrench in our ranking, they could drop USC to a lower ranking that would affect our bump up. So, we need USC to win and to cover line is currently at Utah -4.5.
-Lastly, we need Bama to beat Tennessee but like how they beat A$M we need Tennessee to not fall much if at all. They need to lose but lose in a fashion that makes the voters believe they are the 6th ranked team and they should stay there.

Note: 12th Oregon, 11 UCLA, and 14th Wake Forest are all on bye weeks this week.
All that said, that could set us up well to land in the 10th to 11th spot next week heading into Bama. Obviously, we want that 10th spot. From 16th to 10th is a crazy jump on any day of the week, but if the above takes place it could very well happen.

We just need the voters to see our current streak and game @ Kentucky very well

R2Dawg
10-10-2022, 11:46 AM
Unless we turn the ball over on UK and give them the game, I think we win by 21+. UK is no match for us this year.

I'll take the SEC take. That LSU loss is killing us now. We need OM and Bama to get 2 losses.

From an SECW perspective we need UT to beat Bama this weekend.

OM to lose every weekend.

Ark to beat BYU

LSU to beat UF

TAMU to beat Off as a 7pt favorite.

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2022, 11:53 AM
I can deal with that! :)

I believe Auburn's defense will score in this game off an INT.

BeardoMSU
10-10-2022, 11:56 AM
OMs starting TE likely out for the year with a collarbone.

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 02:54 PM
We need TN to not only beat bama, but rough them up some before our game. We must beat KY or our chances for a very big year are out the window. One game at a time, take care of business, and the rest will fall in place. Hail State!

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 03:03 PM
IDK if you guys have seen but the Tennessee Message boards have gotten wild. There have been multiple posts about putting a 3rd stringer in to hurt bryce young and target him and get ejected.

Its getting wild there.

Do we really want to play a pissed off bama? I thought bama was going to play pissed off against a&m but they shouldve lost to Haynes King at home at night.

BulldogBear
10-10-2022, 03:09 PM
We need TN to not only beat bama, but rough them up some before our game. We must beat KY or our chances for a very big year are out the window. One game at a time, take care of busy, and the rest will fall in place. Hail State!

I'm gonna go the other way and say the things that gives us the best chance to steal one in Tuscaloosa is for Bama to skull drag UT.

"Things back to normal. Business as usual, we got Middittippi Tate next week at home. Meh. Autowin. No need for us to play well."

^That is what I wanna see. We don't Bama to lose two necessarily. We just need them to lose to us.

Jarius
10-10-2022, 03:14 PM
I'm gonna go the other way and say the things that gives us the best chance to steal one in Tuscaloosa is for Bama to skull drag UT.

"Things back to normal. Business as usual, we got Middittippi Tate next week at home. Meh. Autowin. No need for us to play well."

^That is what I wanna see. We don't Bama to lose two necessarily. We just need them to lose to us.

We need Alabama to lose. If we want to think like a big program, we need the tiebreaker in place with Alabama if we were to beat them next weekend. That would allow us to only have to beat Alabama, and not have to beat Alabama and Georgia to get to the sec title game, which is the goal. This whole “pissed off bama” stuff is just really not a thing.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2022, 03:18 PM
We need Alabama to lose. If we want to think like a big program, we need the tiebreaker in place with Alabama if we were to beat them next weekend. That would allow us to only have to beat Alabama, and not have to beat Alabama and Georgia to get to the sec title game, which is the goal. This whole “pissed off bama” stuff is just really not a thing.

Has Saban EVER lost 2 in a row since his 1st season?

HancockCountyDog
10-10-2022, 03:20 PM
https://c.tenor.com/TLUofF4rGRsAAAAd/vols-go.gif

Jarius
10-10-2022, 03:26 PM

I’m not sure. Probably not though. Any game he loses outside of about 2 a year is a huge indictment on his coaching ability (and he is the GOAT). When you have 25 5 stars sitting on the bench, you shouldn’t be losing 2 in a row. Has nothing to do with being pissed off and everything to do with having way more talent than your competition.

TrapGame
10-10-2022, 03:33 PM
We got Bama after A&M last year. I don't want Bama after Tenn beats them this year. I want Bama to win and think they have a cupcake game the next weekend but we come in with our asses on fire.

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 03:39 PM
Looking ahead with maroon colored shades, we need bama to have two SEC losses with one to us to have a tie breaker. We will not run the table in our remaining SEC games, but KY first.

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 04:05 PM

2013 season was the last time.

Lost Iron Bowl on the kick 6 and then got almost blew out against Oklahoma in the sugar bowl

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 04:07 PM
Looking ahead with maroon colored shades, we need bama to have two SEC losses with one to us to have a tie breaker. We will not run the table in our remaining SEC games, but KY first.

Honestly .... We actually want bama to barely survive tennessee and come out banged up and then We steal one from them and they lose later to Ole Miss....

Jarius
10-10-2022, 04:41 PM
We got Bama after A&M last year. I don't want Bama after Tenn beats them this year. I want Bama to win and think they have a cupcake game the next weekend but we come in with our asses on fire.

I want the best chance for us to make it to the sec title game, and that doesn’t include Bama beating Tennessee. We are going to have to have a monumental upset to beat either Bama or Georgia, but if we can find a miracle way to beat Alabama we need for them to have another loss in order for us to not have to also pull off a miracle against Georgia to get to the title game. No one outside of Tennessee has a snowball’s chance in hell of beating Alabama, outside of us (which is still a very small chance). Alabama will beat ole miss and Auburn by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

BulldogBear
10-10-2022, 05:12 PM
I want the best chance for us to make it to the sec title game, and that doesn’t include Bama beating Tennessee. We are going to have to have a monumental upset to beat either Bama or Georgia, but if we can find a miracle way to beat Alabama we need for them to have another loss in order for us to not have to also pull off a miracle against Georgia to get to the title game. No one outside of Tennessee has a snowball’s chance in hell of beating Alabama, outside of us (which is still a very small chance). Alabama will beat ole miss and Auburn by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

Both sides of this have valid points. I guess I see it as none of it matters if we don't beat Bama. According to eye test and gut feelings, I don't think we beat Bama if they lose to Tennessee. So, I get what you're saying, but I'm saying we have to beat Bama first (Kentucky actually) to even have the conversation, and I don't think them losing to Tennessee will lead to a State victory in T-Town.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2022, 05:24 PM

Bama has lost 2 in a row 3 times since Saban has been at Bama.... BUT that only happens when the 2nd loss is in a bowl game and a month later.

We don't want UT to win.... Saban will be laser focused more than ever if it does happen.
The best way we have a chance is for Young to be out and I wouldn't want that to happen... don't even like that thought.

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 05:43 PM
I want the best chance for us to make it to the sec title game, and that doesn?t include Bama beating Tennessee. We are going to have to have a monumental upset to beat either Bama or Georgia, but if we can find a miracle way to beat Alabama we need for them to have another loss in order for us to not have to also pull off a miracle against Georgia to get to the title game. No one outside of Tennessee has a snowball?s chance in hell of beating Alabama, outside of us (which is still a very small chance). Alabama will beat ole miss and Auburn by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

I dont think we beat alabama.

As of today, I am ALMOST ready to pick us to beat georgia in starkvegas.

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 06:49 PM
Tn starting safety arrested for aggregated felony assault late yesterday. Partying guy entered wrong building and apartment by mistake, tried to apologize, was punched in mouth losing several teeth, and knocked unconscious down a flight of stairs. Girlfriend stayed, player returned later with wrapped bloody hand to face police. UT HC said they were looking into this morning. If kicked off team. will make 3rd this year. TN is and has always been a thug program. Buy many out of state players as talent base is thin in TN. Article was on MSN this morning. Sure updates are available.

BeardoMSU
10-10-2022, 06:51 PM
Tn starting safety arrested for aggregated assault late yesterday. Partying guy entered wrong building and apartment by mistake, tried to apologize, was punched in mouth losing several teeth, and knocked unconscious down a flight of stairs. Girlfriend stayed, player returned later with wrapped bloody hand to face police. UT HC said they were looking into this morning. If kicked off team. will make 3rd this year. TN is and has always been a thug program. Buy many out of state players as talent base is thin in TN. Article was on MSN this morning. Sure updates are available.

He'll start. UT is all in again.

Jarius
10-10-2022, 07:07 PM
Both sides of this have valid points. I guess I see it as none of it matters if we don't beat Bama. According to eye test and gut feelings, I don't think we beat Bama if they lose to Tennessee. So, I get what you're saying, but I'm saying we have to beat Bama first (Kentucky actually) to even have the conversation, and I don't think them losing to Tennessee will lead to a State victory in T-Town.

I just really think the “Saban gets mad after a loss” is complete BS. He’s mad and laser focused at all times. It has no bearing. They just usually play teams they have a lot more talent than and they blow most teams out anyway. I mean we play them after they have won the previous week most years and they beat the dog shit out of us anyway so it’s obviously not that big of a deal either way. Alabama is going to have to lose at least 2 games for us to have any shot at Atlanta, and Tennessee is a much better option than Ole Miss. I don’t want those clowns in Oxford beating Alabama.

MagicDawg
10-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Frankly, I don't think there's a thing that Tennessee can do or not do that will make them or Nick Saban overlook or underestimate State.

If we're going to beat the odds by beating Bama in Tuscaloosa, then we'll beat them whether they lost in Knoxville or not. It's gonna take a lucky lottery ticket either way.

I hope TN wins a lengthy, exhausting slugfest.

TUSK
10-10-2022, 07:57 PM
I got a spreadsheet for such cipherins and what not, if you cats want it?

lastmajordog
10-10-2022, 08:02 PM
Saban doesn’t lose two in a row. But if CML is as intelligent as he is, he will consume the film from last year’s Bama and the DOG/om game. It’s time to man up, punch Bama and om in the mouth. It just is. Say what you want about Freeze but besides a defense that gave Satan fits, his offense made Bama look like a JV team for 2 wins and 2 other games where they had good games.

dawgday166
10-10-2022, 08:05 PM

Yea ... I'd like to see it if it ain't too much hassle.

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 08:59 PM

Did you print it or is it in cursive? I don't want to have to translate it!*** Hail State!

Lord McBuckethead
10-10-2022, 10:56 PM
We need Bama to lose to us and UTenn. Then they need to beat Ole Miss. We lose to GA and beat UM. We win the west.

msu15
10-11-2022, 12:55 AM

If it doesn't include how to execute the old "medical hardship" trick properly, pass.

parabrave
10-11-2022, 01:10 AM
OMs starting TE likely out for the year with a collarbone.

Well OM needs that RB and Mingo to be hurt. Those 2 make up the Team/

BeardoMSU
10-11-2022, 07:22 AM
Well OM needs that RB and Mingo to be hurt. Those 2 make up the Team/

Trigg was a big part of their offense, though, especially in run-blocking. He's the only TE they've really played this year, too.

basedog
10-11-2022, 08:43 AM
LOL, winning is fun, I hope we beat Ky and on paper we should! I talked to a few Wildcat fans the last few days, most were generous, but they also think Levi gives them a chance of beating us.

We need to play a clean game, big weekend for several Sec teams.

Jarius
10-11-2022, 08:46 AM
Saban doesn’t lose two in a row. But if CML is as intelligent as he is, he will consume the film from last year’s Bama and the DOG/om game. It’s time to man up, punch Bama and om in the mouth. It just is. Say what you want about Freeze but besides a defense that gave Satan fits, his offense made Bama look like a JV team for 2 wins and 2 other games where they had good games.

Glad you brought this up. Saban lost to Freeze 2 years in a row and I guarantee you he was laser focused for that 2nd game in 2015. Same with this year and A&M (even though they won this year it was much closer than expected). Saban "getting mad" doesn't change the outcome. His talented players do. He very rarely plays 2 teams in a row that have the players capable of staying on the field with his team.

basedog
10-11-2022, 09:33 AM
I have a small hunch Tn beats Bama this weekend. Someone will beat Bama, they are a little inconsistent, if Bryce isn't 100%, lookout. he makes them go as we all know!

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2022, 09:58 AM
I have a small hunch Tn beats Bama this weekend. Someone will beat Bama, they are a little inconsistent, if Bryce isn't 100%, lookout. he makes them go as we all know!

Alabama will lose if they have to play Milroe at QB. UT proved this weekend that they can beat a team with one dimensional QB.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Alabama will lose if they have to play Milroe at QB. UT proved this weekend that they can beat a team with one dimensional QB.

Yeah I think bama is in trouble if Milroe plays. He looks like the game is to fast for him right now, especially on pass plays. They need young back or it might be a long day for little nicky.

BlackSailsDawg
10-11-2022, 11:29 AM
The BAMA OC is in trouble. He is on the Hot Seat. He didn't help Milroe at all vs Ta$mu. This is his first start, very limited PT and he does nothing to help in the short passing game. Nothing to help against the blitz. Everything slow to develop.

If MilRoe is the guy this weekend, and they get beat, I suspect it will be due to the OC doing the same thing he did vs ta$mu. Nothing but throwing him to the wolves.

Side note, I suspect that the OC will be gone after this season and the Air Raid will makes it way to Bama.

TUSK
10-11-2022, 01:16 PM
Yea ... I'd like to see it if it ain't too much hassle.

PM sent.

Jarius
10-11-2022, 01:41 PM
I was curious so I went and looked it up.

Since 2008 Saban is 11-2 in the game following a loss. Out of those 11 wins, 2 are from G5 schools and 7 others are from teams who didn't have a 4 year composite in the top 25 recruiting wise. Saban has won against 4 teams with a top 25 composite recruiting ranking following a loss in the past 15 years. That's why his record is so good (and why the game is usually such a beatdown) following a loss.

parabrave
10-11-2022, 01:45 PM

Bryce will have to Channel his inner Pat Mahomes to beat Tenn. It seems that Bama doesn't have the supporting staff that had 2 years ago nor the depth.

dawgday166
10-11-2022, 04:25 PM
PM sent.

Back at you bud. Thanks.

CadaverDawg
10-11-2022, 08:55 PM
These hypotheticals are why I'm just having such a hard time getting over the LSU game. We would have pretty realistic odds of winning the West right now if we had won that game. So frustrating, bc we should have won it.

BulldogBear
10-15-2022, 09:16 AM
Bump.

Emotionally, it's hard not to pull for TN today plus the fact that we probably need Bama to take another loss. When will they if not today? So, I'm on the Vols today. But I still stand by what I said about our chances to beat Bama are greater if they win today.