PDA

View Full Version : Matt rhule is on the market

msstate7
10-10-2022, 10:18 AM
Didn't work out at Carolina, but good college coach. Auburn could do worse, but I bet they go offense

Apoplectic
10-10-2022, 10:20 AM
I bet they jump on the lane train

Saltydog
10-10-2022, 10:21 AM
They're going to want a bigger name than that...........I'm guessing the Lane Train will be pulling outta the station soon.........

DownwardDawg
10-10-2022, 10:21 AM
I bet they jump on the lane train

Freeze, Kiffin, or Deon Sanders. Not sure Deon would take it though. The other 2 would fit in perfectly.

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 10:23 AM
Freeze, Kiffin, or Deon Sanders. Not sure Deon would take it though. The other 2 would fit in perfectly.

Their fanbase is more in favor of lane kiffin than Freeze.

Im hearing that Sankey has rejected the Freeze hire attempt.

TrapGame
10-10-2022, 10:24 AM
Rhule to Nebraska, maybe?

somebodyshotmypaw
10-10-2022, 10:25 AM
They have an interesting QB room. Two very high draft picks in Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold who are both still young. A rookie in Matt Corral. And PJ Walker.

Darnold and Corral are hurt.

There were 5 first round quarterbacks in the 2018 draft in order (Baker Mayfield of Cleveland, Sam Darnold of the NY Jets, Josh Allen of Buffalo, Josh Rosen of Arizona, and Lamar Jackson of Baltimore). The Panthers have the highest 2 selected on their roster.

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 10:25 AM
Yall Do know that Matt Corral is on the panthers.... Pair him with Kiffin again

viverlibre
10-10-2022, 10:29 AM

Neither Lane nor Deion are gonna get involved with that train wreck. Freezus would likely crawl naked through crushed glass for it.

TrapGame
10-10-2022, 10:32 AM
Neither Lane nor Deion are gonna get involved with that train wreck. Freezus would likely crawl naked through crushed glass for it.

Anybody know Lane's buyout at OM?

Lane may be looking at what's happening in Norman, OK. They could fire Venerables after one season.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2022, 10:39 AM

Rhule is a top 10 CFB coach. Probably Top 5.

msstate7
10-10-2022, 10:41 AM
Rhule is a top 10 CFB coach. Probably Top 5.

I think you may be a little high on your ranking, but I do agree he's very good

msstate7
10-10-2022, 10:42 AM
Yall Do know that Matt Corral is on the panthers.... Pair him with Kiffin again

The panthers are headed toward stroud and young level pick.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 10:51 AM

I agree with this. Deion will wind up at FSU after they fire Norvell and Lane aint getting involved with that mess and have to play Saban every year too. Freeze would for sure take it but I doubt the sec hierarchy wants to be involved with him again.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2022, 10:52 AM
I think you may be a little high on your ranking, but I do agree he's very good

He took Temple from 2-10 to 10-3.

He took Baylor from 1-11 to 11-3.

He won 20 games combined at Temple his last 2 seasons. I may have him under-rated.

TrapGame
10-10-2022, 10:59 AM

He won 20 games combined at Temple his last 2 seasons. I may have him under-rated.

I'd be willing to bet Oklahoma has already called his agent.

msstate7
10-10-2022, 11:01 AM
I'd be willing to bet Oklahoma has already called his agent.

They can't fire venables after 1 season. Well, they could, but they won't

TrapGame
10-10-2022, 11:01 AM
They can't fire venables after 1 season.

Watch.

OK is kicking themselves for not hiring Heupal.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 11:04 AM
They can't fire venables after 1 season. Well, they could, but they won't

Yeah they won't. Have to give him a little time because about half the team transferred after Riley left.

msstate7
10-10-2022, 11:07 AM
Watch.

OK is kicking themselves for not hiring Heupal.

They can probably get him next year if venables flops again

Saltydog
10-10-2022, 11:17 AM
Lane is egotistical enough to think he can compete with Saban, especially if he's at a blue blood program like Auburn, where he knows he'll recruit at a high level.

TrapGame
10-10-2022, 11:20 AM
Yeah they won't. Have to give him a little time because about half the team transferred after Riley left.

You, me and 7 know that.

But, I'm afraid OK is about to go full retard.

Norman is as radioactive as Three Mile Island right now.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 11:22 AM
You, me and 7 know that.

But, I'm afraid OK is about to go full retard.

Norman is as radioactive as Three Mile Island right now.

Man, I wouldn't put anything past some of these idiots in this day and age. Some of these schools and boosters throwing around milliions like they're nickels.

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 11:26 AM
If Oklahoma doesnt make a bowl game id be willing to bet Venables is fired before december.

IDC if he had a lot of players its oklahoma and you just simply have players there.

Thats a top 10 most talented roster. You cant be losing at home to kansas st who just lost to TULANE

PikeDawg15
10-10-2022, 11:28 AM
Hell, you guys remember Auburn tried to fire Harsin after 1 season where he started 7-2 and was #11 heading to college station and then his starting QB got hurt.

Oklahoma would surely fire venables if he doesnt make a bowl. I would gurantee it.

Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, and maybe ohio state have that mindset.

was21
10-10-2022, 12:36 PM
Mullen to Carolina

msu15
10-10-2022, 01:27 PM
I'll be shocked if Lane goes to Auburn after they turned him down in 2020. Of course I could be wrong, but man I'd bet he'd ask for Jimbo money this go round.

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 01:33 PM
Mullen to Carolina

Most NFL QB's don't want to run a QB draw on 3rd and 10. NFL OL won't like Hev. Country Club won't fit in where players make much more than them.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2022, 01:36 PM
I'll be shocked if Lane goes to Auburn after they turned him down in 2020. Of course I could be wrong, but man I'd bet he'd ask for Jimbo money this go round.

Agree. Kiffin to AU doesn't make sense.

As for OU, that job is not as good now that OU is joining the SEC. That's part of the reason why Riley left.

I think Deion to GT would be a great fit.

Johnson85
10-10-2022, 01:40 PM

I doubt Lane will care about that. I bet he will care that Auburn is not quite a blue blood in the same way LSU, Bama, UGA, Oklahoma, etc are. If he takes the Auburn job, he's stuck playing second fiddle in the state and realistically a true blue blood is off the table at that point. He may still go, but I think he afford to be patient if he wants. I would think with the money he's made to date that I'm not sure a Jimbo type offer seals the deal if it really isn't the place he wants to be.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-10-2022, 01:59 PM
Lane waiting on BAMA to open up

Goldendawg
10-10-2022, 02:07 PM

Don't forget Dabo.

PGHBulldogBG
10-10-2022, 09:22 PM
Lane is not going anywhere for awhile. He seems to be happy and doing just fine in Oxford

BulldogBear
10-10-2022, 11:52 PM
Only a fool wants to be the next coach after Saban.

DownwardDawg
10-11-2022, 06:34 AM
Most NFL QB's don't want to run a QB draw on 3rd and 10. NFL OL won't like Hev. Country Club won't fit in where players make much more than them.

It was a full sarcasm post. That gets posted in every single coach thread. Even other sports. It's what we do!!

DownwardDawg
10-11-2022, 06:35 AM
Don't forget Dabo.

I don't think Bama is interested in Dabo.

BeardoMSU
10-11-2022, 07:21 AM

I can see him taking an NFL gig.

msstate7
10-11-2022, 07:23 AM
I don't think Bama is interested in Dabo.

Who would they be more interested in?

Quaoarsking
10-11-2022, 08:03 AM

Does he really deserve credit for turning Baylor around so dramatically when they were 7-6 the year before he got there and then dropped to 1-11 in his first season?

I have Rhule on my list of overrated coaches. His predecessor at Temple, Steve Addazio has some success there too.

PikeDawg15
10-11-2022, 08:06 AM
https://247sports.com/college/auburn/board/102332/Contents/i-would-just-like-to-say-that--195227198/?page=1

Haha

Commercecomet24
10-11-2022, 08:58 AM
https://247sports.com/college/auburn/board/102332/Contents/i-would-just-like-to-say-that--195227198/?page=1

Haha

That was awesome and so true!

DownwardDawg
10-11-2022, 09:39 AM
Who would they be more interested in?

Tusk could answer that way better than I could. But it doesn't seem like I hear his name mentioned much by Bama folks anymore. I think the "shine" has worn off for some reason.
Sark? Cristbal? Kiffin (for whatever reason)

viverlibre
10-11-2022, 11:29 AM
As far as Lane to T-town. He is a weird cat, watch some of his press conferences, he seems nervous and his eyes shift all over the place. I think the gumps need someone strong and buttoned up and who just doesn't GAF what others say. Doesn't seem like good fit, but I don't see many who will be a good fit to follow Saban.

PikeDawg15
10-11-2022, 12:23 PM
Tusk could answer that way better than I could. But it doesn't seem like I hear his name mentioned much by Bama folks anymore. I think the "shine" has worn off for some reason.
Sark? Cristbal? Kiffin (for whatever reason)

They are too good for Dabo now. Only winning a national title every 3 years isnt good enough for the GUMPS.

Mass Suicides in west alabama when the Tide goes 9-3 with Dabo. Lots of Autozone job openings

PikeDawg15
10-11-2022, 12:25 PM
As far as Lane to T-town. He is a weird cat, watch some of his press conferences, he seems nervous and his eyes shift all over the place. I think the gumps need someone strong and buttoned up and who just doesn't GAF what others say. Doesn't seem like good fit, but I don't see many who will be a good fit to follow Saban.

If Saban retired in January this year.

Im 99% sure that Dabo is getting that job.

But Im sure saban coaches another 5 seasons

Commercecomet24
10-11-2022, 12:37 PM
Why would Dabo want to go to alabama? He can make just as much at Clemson without the pressure of the SEC and has a better chance to make the playoffs every year. I doubt very much he would go to bama

Coach34
10-11-2022, 12:52 PM
Saban is signed thru what- 2030? He is going to coach until he dies probably. Then Bama will let his corpse keep the job another 3-4 years until they can find another guy

Catfish
10-11-2022, 12:57 PM
Saban is signed thru what- 2030? He is going to coach until he dies probably. Then Bama will let his corpse keep the job another 3-4 years until they can find another guy

LOL, you're probably right about this. Something to be said about, "The Walking Dead."

Commercecomet24
10-11-2022, 01:00 PM

LOL "Weekend at Nickys"

Catfish
10-11-2022, 01:08 PM
LOL "Weekend at Nickys"

LOL, that's even better.

PGHBulldogBG
10-12-2022, 07:47 AM
I can’t imagine taking the Bama job after Saban leaves. The amount of pressure will be off the charts and as soon as the new guy loses 1 game they will want him fired. I think they might struggle to find a replacement, although I could see it being Sark if he can turn Texas around. I used to think Dabo would be the next coach, but I think now with the 12 team playoff coming, there is no reason for him to go to the SEC and deal with that competition now that his most difficult game every year is Wake Forest.

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2022, 08:44 AM
I can’t imagine taking the Bama job after Saban leaves. The amount of pressure will be off the charts and as soon as the new guy loses 1 game they will want him fired. I think they might struggle to find a replacement, although I could see it being Sark if he can turn Texas around. I used to think Dabo would be the next coach, but I think now with the 12 team playoff coming, there is no reason for him to go to the SEC and deal with that competition now that his most difficult game every year is Wake Forest.

Well, if history is any indicator, Bama will hire a "Saban Tree" HC trying to maintain the magic. When they fire him for going 10-2/9-3; they will hire an outsider - who everyone will hate from the start and someone will throw a brick thru his window. Then they hire another Saban guy who does pretty well and gets a Natty and some SEC titles, but isn't good enough. Then the wheels fall off for about 3 coaches across a decade, before they finally find the next "Sa-Bear" hybrid.

Johnson85
10-12-2022, 02:41 PM

You'd pretty much have to have a huge guarantee and not care about getting fired, because the first time you lose 2 regular season games they will be calling for your head and if you lose 3 in a season, they will get it. If the next coach goes 10-2 three seasons in a row without an SEC championship game appearance, I think that will leave their seat red hot.

gtowndawg
10-12-2022, 03:02 PM
Well, if history is any indicator, Bama will hire a "Saban Tree" HC trying to maintain the magic. When they fire him for going 10-2/9-3; they will hire an outsider - who everyone will hate from the start and someone will throw a brick thru his window. Then they hire another Saban guy who does pretty well and gets a Natty and some SEC titles, but isn't good enough. Then the wheels fall off for about 3 coaches across a decade, before they finally find the next "Sa-Bear" hybrid.

Spot on

viverlibre
10-12-2022, 03:02 PM
With the amount of salary they will offer and the resources they already have in place, there'll be no shortage of coaches willing to take that job, even knowing it will probably not work out and the coach won't make it three years.

TheLostDawg
10-12-2022, 03:11 PM
Give Kiffen enough money, he'll go wherever. Ole miss can't match blue blood money. Doctor/ lawyer money is chump change to these guys that have oil and multimillion dollar corporations. The pay for these coaches now is insane. Another thing Kiffen knows is ole miss might can come close but they won't be able to pay to keep these top assistance like a blue blood. On top of all that, ole miss schedule and transfer portal hit this year. The time to capitalize is now.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2022, 03:51 PM
LOL "Weekend at Nickys"

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.