PDA

View Full Version : Percy Lewis

TorpedoIPA
10-10-2022, 04:38 AM
Anyone know what the status of Percy Lewis is ? Are we redshirting him ?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-10-2022, 05:54 AM
His roster profile says he has appeared in 5 games this season

somebodyshotmypaw
10-10-2022, 06:42 AM

He plays every game I think.

Santiago
10-10-2022, 07:04 AM
I thought he was redshirting

Westdawg
10-10-2022, 08:01 AM
From what I can tell, he?s further along than expected but not quite cracking the starting line?from all I?d heard he?s coming along well. OL may be a strength again next year if the trend continues

Leeshouldveflanked
10-10-2022, 08:08 AM
DL LB CB will be our biggest concern next season assuming we dont lose some of our top players dues on offense to NIL.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-10-2022, 10:17 AM
I thought he was redshirting

He has played in all 6 of our games so far. Not sure a redshirt is possible unless they have some of the covid rules still in place.

Johnson85
10-10-2022, 10:58 AM
He has played in all 6 of our games so far. Not sure a redshirt is possible unless they have some of the covid rules still in place.

I think he has three years of eligibility because his first JUCO year didn't count because of COVID. So we're going to get a 5th year out of him regardless if he doesn't leave. If we tried to RS him he'd still probably leave after 5 years.

R2Dawg
10-10-2022, 11:49 AM
DL LB CB will be our biggest concern next season assuming we dont lose some of our top players dues on offense to NIL.

So basically are whole defense.

What about Crumedy? He has to return right not playing all year.

Some guys coming back to bridge the young guys would really help in some spots.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Percy is gonna be a good one but he needed to lose a bunch of weight and get some of the "baby fat" off and get quicker. I understand he's making great progress. He's got a very high ceiling, so let's see if he puts in the work(I believe he will).

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 12:19 PM
So basically are whole defense.

What about Crumedy? He has to return right not playing all year.

Some guys coming back to bridge the young guys would really help in some spots.

It's not as bad as that on defense. Here is list of players that should be back next year.

DL- Demonte Russell, Javon Banks, Pickering, Jack Harris, Jordan Davis could be back as well. There's some underclassmen that have played quite a bit as well but just listing the main ones for now.

LBs-Watson and Jett could both be back, then you have JP Purvis(who's been great), Deshawn Page(very athletic and fast), John Lews and then these underclassmen who have some good upside, Gilmore, Sledge and Ty Cooper and we're also getting Ty Jones from Bay Springs in this next class who's gonna be a good one.

CB-Little thin here with Richardson and Decarlos Nicholson back, Forbes could come back but no one he returns. Need to hit the portal here.

Safetys- Preston and Duncan will probably both be back and then you have Ellington, Morant and Lawrence who all have experience. Some portal guys would be good here as well.

So it's not as bad as all that.

Tater
10-10-2022, 12:26 PM
I think he has three years of eligibility because his first JUCO year didn't count because of COVID. So we're going to get a 5th year out of him regardless if he doesn't leave. If we tried to RS him he'd still probably leave after 5 years.

Exactly. He has 4 years to play 3. But juco guys don't typically go the 6 year player route. He came here to get drafted in 2-3 years. If he's here a 4th year then he's not an NFL player and it's not worth it to him or us to burn the roster spot at that point.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-10-2022, 12:47 PM

Agreed. As I said, I don't think he can redshirt this year (2022) because he has played in all 6 games. Unless there is some covid rule for 2022 that I don't know about.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-10-2022, 12:50 PM
It's not as bad as that on defense. Here is list of players that should be back next year.

DL- Demonte Russell, Javon Banks, Pickering, Jack Harris, Jordan Davis could be back as well. There's some underclassmen that have played quite a bit as well but just listing the main ones for now.

LBs-Watson and Jett could both be back, then you have JP Purvis(who's been great), Deshawn Page(very athletic and fast), John Lews and then these underclassmen who have some good upside, Gilmore, Sledge and Ty Cooper and we're also getting Ty Jones from Bay Springs in this next class who's gonna be a good one.

CB-Little thin here with Richardson and Decarlos Nicholson back, Forbes could come back but no one he returns. Need to hit the portal here.

Safetys- Preston and Duncan will probably both be back and then you have Ellington, Morant and Lawrence who all have experience. Some portal guys would be good here as well.

Honestly who knows what transfers we will get after we win the SEC this year.

BlackSailsDawg
10-10-2022, 01:00 PM

I see you!

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 01:00 PM

Love the positivity!

Cooterpoot
10-10-2022, 03:35 PM
I won't be surprised if Percy is a career backup. I won't be surprised if he makes a jump. But I said coming out of Juco it was a toss up.

msu15
10-11-2022, 12:24 AM
It's still a terrible decision from a roster management standpoint that he isn't redshirting this year. Makes zero sense.

Johnson85
10-11-2022, 03:59 AM
It's still a terrible decision from a roster management standpoint that he isn't redshirting this year. Makes zero sense.

Just very few players are going to stick around for a sixth year of college eligibility. They want to take their shot. I assume what he is doing in games is useful either for the team or for his development.

Maybe with NIL we could keep him around for a sixth year, but can understand not keeping him on the bench based on that hope.

Hot Rock
10-11-2022, 05:58 AM

Nope, he will not be here but two years if he is great and a 1st rounder. Three years if he is a serviceable player. I see no scenario where he would be here four years and he has 3 years of eligibility now. If he is one of our best options, He may be needed this year, get him ready asap.

Tater
10-11-2022, 07:48 AM

If he has to be here a fourth year then he's not the quality of player that we want during that fourth year. It's that simple man.

Jarius
10-11-2022, 08:56 AM

The corner we got from Alabama in the portal (Banks) will also be back next year. We may go to the portal for a corner, but I doubt we get an elite one with what we have returning.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2022, 09:00 AM
The corner we got from Alabama in the portal (Banks) will also be back next year. We may go to the portal for a corner, but I doubt we get an elite one with what we have returning.

I just did a quick scan of the roster so I'm sure I missed some, but yes Banks does have eligibility left and I hope he stays. We could use him another year.

Johnson85
10-11-2022, 09:30 AM
If he has to be here a fourth year then he's not the quality of player that we want during that fourth year. It's that simple man.

I think it's a little optimistic to think that we are going to have an OL that consists of nothing but NFL prospects in four years. Are either of our OTs NFL prospects now?

I don't think you redshirt in hopes that he will stick around for a 6th year, but I think we will continue to have a use for experienced players that are not quite NFL quality. Hell, maybe not RSing is a mistake because in four years it will be normal for 6th year players to take guaranteed NIL money rather than leave to fight for an NFL practice squad spot or start a non-football playing career.