PDA

View Full Version : Have Rules Changed on TD" Celebrations"?

Goldendawg
10-09-2022, 02:22 PM
Earlier in the year I cringed when RaRa did his "Prancing Horse" and Ducking did his "Duck Walk". I feared a flag was coming for excessive celebration which could bite us on the next defensive series regarding field position. Now Ducking is getting positive attention on the SEC Network and I have not only relaxed some, but enjoy. Have the rules changed or it a matter of time until the flag hits with negative results (probably against a blue blood to hurt momentum)? I thought I saw on the jumbotron a ref giving Ducking a bad look against AR. Ducking also signaled others to come join him, so not so much joy of the moment for him alone. Am I worrying too much? Hail State!

parabrave
10-09-2022, 02:28 PM
As long as they are off the field before the Xtra point I guess.

Hambone
10-09-2022, 02:29 PM
Yea you’re worrying too much. Can’t “spike” the ball or use props.

Also, can’t do the McCringleberry. Y’all need to watch that skit if you haven’t seen it.

FISHDAWG
10-09-2022, 02:37 PM
I believe we were flagged before for excessive celebration a game or two ago but it was for the entire team and not an individual thing ... I'm a fan of the Duck Waddle and like you I was concerned a little when he first started doing it but it's not a in your face thing either ... it's his signature. I know that in flagrant situations they can even take away the TD but the rule is still there I believe ... here's to more waddle in the future

parabrave
10-09-2022, 02:40 PM
Also it can't be staged.

Dawgology
10-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Yea you’re worrying too much. Can’t “spike” the ball or use props.

Also, can’t do the McCringleberry. Y’all need to watch that skit if you haven’t seen it.

Yep. Two pumps will be fine but definitely not three. That?s a flag every time.

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2022, 03:07 PM
Give an Inch.... take a mile. If players continue to push the edge, it's coming. I was thinking this weekend (not necessarily watching our game but all games) things are getting back to the early 90s when rules were made against such celebrations.

Side bar, I can remember when TD celebrations took off. I think it was after the 94 game v Bama. The CL wrote an article on the game that headlined "Dogs out dance Tide but can't win game." Something close to that. Bastards.... funny today but not so much then.

Goldendawg
10-09-2022, 03:08 PM
Also it can't be staged.

If he signals others to join in, could it then be considered staged?

msu15
10-09-2022, 03:09 PM
I believe we were flagged before for excessive celebration a game or two ago but it was for the entire team and not an individual thing ... I'm a fan of the Duck Waddle and like you I was concerned a little when he first started doing it but it's not a in your face thing either ... it's his signature. I know that in flagrant situations they can even take away the TD but the rule is still there I believe ... here's to more waddle in the future

We got those flags because Junior and Harvey took their helmets off in the endzone.

Leroy Jenkins
10-09-2022, 03:10 PM
I've seen several CFB payers spike the ball this year. Yesterday I saw the "throat slash" that used to be illegal.

parabrave
10-09-2022, 03:19 PM
If he signals others to join in, could it then be considered staged?

Depends on the Ref. Remember when the players would join them and they acted out a scene.

Goldendawg
10-09-2022, 03:36 PM
Looked it up (NCAA Rules 2017), d. any delayed, excessive, prolonged, choreographed act by which player or (players) attempts to focus attention on himself (or themselves). Unless there is something more recent out there, looks like it may depend on the refs. Therefore, I may be drawn up in a knot until celebrations are over (and I want a bunch of TD's!), as I am when we attempt a extra point or FG. Hail State!

RocketDawg
10-09-2022, 03:39 PM
Earlier in the year I cringed when RaRa did his "Prancing Horse" and Ducking did his "Duck Walk". I feared a flag was coming for excessive celebration which could bite us on the next defensive series regarding field position. Now Ducking is getting positive attention on the SEC Network and I have not only relaxed some, but enjoy. Have the rules changed or it a matter of time until the flag hits with negative results (probably against a blue blood to hurt momentum)? I thought I saw on the jumbotron a ref giving Ducking a bad look against AR. Ducking also signaled others to come join him, so not so much joy of the moment for him alone. Am I worrying too much? Hail State!

I think Ducking's duck waddle (looks more like a penguin, but that's beside the point) is only momentary, along with fellow players, so it's just ignored. Don't know about RaRa's prance.

parabrave
10-09-2022, 05:18 PM
And Walter just gave the ball back to the ref,

parabrave
10-09-2022, 05:19 PM
I think Ducking's duck waddle (looks more like a penguin, but that's beside the point) is only momentary, along with fellow players, so it's just ignored. Don't know about RaRa's prance.

Just food for thought with the NIL maybe Duck can trademark his celebration!!!

viverlibre
10-09-2022, 05:23 PM
I've seen several CFB payers spike the ball this year. Yesterday I saw the "throat slash" that used to be illegal.

I remember when Eric Moulds was with the Bills he got flagged for that.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 06:03 PM
Just food for thought with the NIL maybe Duck can trademark his celebration!!!

He'll have to hurry cause Jalen Waddle In the nfl uses same celebration