PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Pulled Pork Edition

Coach34
10-09-2022, 11:04 AM
1. What a great day of football yesterday. My youngest played and played well. He's also been moved up from the 6th grade team to start on the 7th grade team. Very proud Daddy of course. Grabbed a pork sandwich for lunch topped with slaw and BBQ sauce for good luck. It was really good and hit the spot. Then watched college football and my Draft Kings account grow all day long beginning with making my money back and more on us from the LSU loss.

2. Those of us that have not enjoyed the Airbone so far were treated to an absolute joy of a game yesterday. 48 passes of course but to our surprise 37 rushes. We RTGDF 37 times!!!!!! 173 yards rushing is now the standard of the Pirate Era at State. That's all most of us have wanted. Please RTGDF against these soft 3 man fronts with teams playing the DE's in 5 Techs. We even ran a little Double G once pulling both guards to the right and getting outside. Defense gonna play that softass 3-8? #RTGDF. Thank You for playing good football. Running the football more often stops teams from running some of these twists and stunts with the DL. It does nothing but help the offense. Hopefully we continue this.

3. Rogers had another solid day but it wasnt one of his best for sure. He missed multiple open WR's to check down and play safe. He didnt throw a pick but he did have a few of "almost picked" to quote Killaburger who used to write for the Clarion-Liar. One bad one was in the red zone in the 1st half. We had Walley I believe on the post with a good step plus on his guy for a TD but instead we checked down to the RB for an incomplete Killaburger near pick. QB had a good day just didnt think his decisions were as sharp as usual against a team that didnt change coverage very much.

4. How about that OL huh? They were outstanding yesterday. Very few pressures and no sacks against the team that leads the country in sacks. Running game accounting for 173 yards. Physical play all day long. 568 yards. They balled out and didnt even have a dolla bill to spend. This group were the players of the game.

5. 85 plays yesterday. We are 2nd in the SEC right now in plays run. That absolutely wears down a defense and allows us to control the game and clock in the 4th Q. Allows RB to run through tacklers and such. Good football.

6. Wheat is a joy to watch defensively. He just ran thru their OG on his sack. Just brutal the way he treated that guy.

7. Purvis looked good at LB also. Made a few plays and got pressure on the QB on blitzes. He is playing situationally right now but looks to be someone that can be an every down guy next year.

8. Forbes has got to moving up some draft boards with his play. McShay didnt even have him listed in the top 20 before the season and I thought that was ridiculous but by now he has got to be a mid-round pick at worst. He is an NFL cover guy.

9. We ran the ball 37 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Levis said on TV last night the pain was almost gone so he should be back this week. If we play like we did yesterday- it wont matter. Lay the points Saturday as I expect us to be favored. Hail State

basedog
10-09-2022, 11:18 AM
I just left Lexington. Talked to a bunch of Ky fans. Talk about sick fans. Most talking how bad their OL is! Several saying QB will play against us. Minor injury.

Great win yesterday! Pirate making adjustments is refreshing!

FISHDAWG
10-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Good assessment and totally endorse point #2

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2022, 11:32 AM
2. That's all most of us have wanted. Please RTGDF against these soft 3 man fronts with teams playing the DE's in 5 Techs.

We have always ran it. But 3 man fronts were doing great jobs stopping it. Just say "I'm glad we have improved in the run game and love the results" It's ok to do that.

10. Levis said on TV last night the pain was almost gone so he should be back this week. If we play like we did yesterday- it wont matter. Lay the points Saturday as I expect us to be favored. Hail State

I don't think Levis is good. In fact, he's not good. He's decent. UK should be a win.

Pirate making adjustments is refreshing!

These plays have always been in the game.

TrapGame
10-09-2022, 11:49 AM
The rumor on some UK boards is Levis could have played last night. The staff thought they could win without him. Then the defense shit the bed with a very average USC offense. You can't put your backup QB in a hole. And yes, their OL is bad.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 11:50 AM
Enjoyed that one yesterday! The OL has been much better the last 3 games without dolla bill, not knocking him, just the way it is. Did Will even get touched yesterday? Pass pro and run blocking has been outstanding let's keep it up. We got 2 fine rbs, back there

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 11:51 AM
I just left Lexington. Talked to a bunch of Ky fans. Talk about sick fans. Most talking how bad their OL is! Several saying QB will play against us. Minor injury.

I told you I smelled bacon cooking lol

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 11:56 AM
Can we please play JP Purvis more. The guy is so much faster and explosive than Watson and gets home just about everytime on a blitz and does something good just about every time he's in.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2022, 12:00 PM
Can we please play JP Purvis more. The guy is so much faster and explosive than Watson and gets home just about everytime on a blitz and does something good just about every time he's in.

JP and Page next year!

IMissJack
10-09-2022, 12:08 PM

I believe if it was truly a minor injury he would have played last night. Of course the old saying goes minor injury is when someone else has it and major injury is when I have it.

1bigdawg
10-09-2022, 12:13 PM

Agreed. He is living up to what some of us believed when we signed him. He has come back strong.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2022, 12:16 PM
Three weeks.
Two Top 25 foes.
Average final score in that span? 42-18 Dawgs.

thf24
10-09-2022, 12:24 PM
I don't think Levis is good. In fact, he's not good. He's decent. UK should be a win.

I think the verdict is in and pretty undeniable after the OM game - NFL arm, ten cent head. Arnett's scheme coming at him behind their sorry OL should have his head spinning. If we just show up ready to play, this one could be very ugly for them.

BlackSailsDawg
10-09-2022, 12:27 PM
I think the verdict is in and pretty undeniable after the OM game - NFL arm, ten cent head. Arnett's scheme coming at him behind their sorry OL should have his head spinning. If we just show up ready to play, this one could be very ugly for them.

You just feel like the maturity level is there for this team. And I would love to get Crumedy back on the field this weekend too. Not as a starter, but getting him game ready for Bama.

parabrave
10-09-2022, 12:45 PM
Rider to 2. Run the ball effectivly and they can't bull rush though our tackles like LSU did.
Also add to 4 that Will finally moved out of the pocket and made some plays.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 12:48 PM
Rider to 2. Run the ball effectivly and they can't bull rush though our tackles like LSU did.
Also add to 4 that Will finally moved out of the pocket and made some plays.

And Will dropped 2 dimes while he was on the run, just perfect throws which shows he must at least practice scrambling some lol

RiverCityDawg
10-09-2022, 12:50 PM
JP and Page next year!

Jett will be back too.

parabrave
10-09-2022, 12:52 PM
And Will dropped 2 dimes while he was on the run, just perfect throws which shows he must at least practice scrambling some lol

But if he isn't more careful he will break Costellos Int Rec againts BAMA. They won't drop passes that hit them in the hands.

VandelayIndustries
10-09-2022, 12:57 PM
But if he isn't more careful he will break Costellos Int Rec againts BAMA. They won't drop passes that hit them in the hands.

Yea he has gotten lucky the last two weeks, A&M and Arky could have had ints if they just catch the ball

msu15
10-09-2022, 12:59 PM
Jett will be back too.

Bookie can as well if he wants.

gravedigger
10-09-2022, 02:07 PM
Hello old friend. Let's take a look at your comments.

1. It sure was and congrats on your kid moving up. Make sure he enjoys himself. Sometimes they need those years of dominance to develop.

2. It ain't my favorite flavor of football either but it works. We state fans have a defensive mindset and a grinder mindset on offense. It's time we let that go. We are a team that out scores other teams. Running the football is the trick play we will settle for when they take the pass away. When you think about it, it's the best way for us to even the field vs bama and Georgia. I'd go so far as to say that we were never going to win a natty playing the power football game. This way, there is an outside shot. And I love Leach.

3. Totally agree. He gets indecisive and loses accuracy. He hasn't played his best game.

4. OL was the star of the day, no doubt.

5. That is the fact that people fail to realize and the genius of Leach.

6. I love him too. Holy terror tackling.

7. Purvis is pure football. Cannot wait to see his potential realized.

8. Forbes has instincts for the ball that are truly NFL level. I hope he stays healthy. We cannot live without him.

9. We took what they gave us. That turned out to be what it was. Bama and UGA won't do that.

10. Levis is talented and we will need to get to him but I also agree, he wouldnt be the reason we lose to UK.

Can't believe you didn't mention special teams. We cannot compete for any championship without that getting fixed.

I can't also believe I went an entire post agreeing with you. Guess we're getting old.

Digger

R2Dawg
10-09-2022, 02:35 PM
1. What a great day of football yesterday. My youngest played and played well. He's also been moved up from the 6th grade team to start on the 7th grade team. Very proud Daddy of course. Grabbed a pork sandwich for lunch topped with slaw and BBQ sauce for good luck. It was really good and hit the spot. Then watched college football and my Draft Kings account grow all day long beginning with making my money back and more on us from the LSU loss.

2. Those of us that have not enjoyed the Airbone so far were treated to an absolute joy of a game yesterday. 48 passes of course but to our surprise 37 rushes. We RTGDF 37 times!!!!!! 173 yards rushing is now the standard of the Pirate Era at State. That's all most of us have wanted. Please RTGDF against these soft 3 man fronts with teams playing the DE's in 5 Techs. We even ran a little Double G once pulling both guards to the right and getting outside. Defense gonna play that softass 3-8? #RTGDF. Thank You for playing good football. Running the football more often stops teams from running some of these twists and stunts with the DL. It does nothing but help the offense. Hopefully we continue this.

3. Rogers had another solid day but it wasnt one of his best for sure. He missed multiple open WR's to check down and play safe. He didnt throw a pick but he did have a few of "almost picked" to quote Killaburger who used to write for the Clarion-Liar. One bad one was in the red zone in the 1st half. We had Walley I believe on the post with a good step plus on his guy for a TD but instead we checked down to the RB for an incomplete Killaburger near pick. QB had a good day just didnt think his decisions were as sharp as usual against a team that didnt change coverage very much.

4. How about that OL huh? They were outstanding yesterday. Very few pressures and no sacks against the team that leads the country in sacks. Running game accounting for 173 yards. Physical play all day long. 568 yards. They balled out and didnt even have a dolla bill to spend. This group were the players of the game.

5. 85 plays yesterday. We are 2nd in the SEC right now in plays run. That absolutely wears down a defense and allows us to control the game and clock in the 4th Q. Allows RB to run through tacklers and such. Good football.

6. Wheat is a joy to watch defensively. He just ran thru their OG on his sack. Just brutal the way he treated that guy.

7. Purvis looked good at LB also. Made a few plays and got pressure on the QB on blitzes. He is playing situationally right now but looks to be someone that can be an every down guy next year.

8. Forbes has got to moving up some draft boards with his play. McShay didnt even have him listed in the top 20 before the season and I thought that was ridiculous but by now he has got to be a mid-round pick at worst. He is an NFL cover guy.

9. We ran the ball 37 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The past two games have proven it hopefully is a trend. This is all I've been saying as well. Just get some balance. You can't win big being on dimensional. Hope he has figured that out.

3. Will a good day. We must be living right on some near pick 6s this year but I'll take it.

4. OL has been impressive past two weeks. Something has clicked or lit a fire in that group. We are certainly in a zone right now.

5. Yep finishing drives and not having very many 3 and outs is key. We gotta keep doing this. Many teams are good on D but wear out in 2-3 quarters - Aub is one - their D is good but gets tired.

6. Wheat is a tough matchup - at end, LB or rushing up middle standing up.

7. Purvis has impressed when Nate went out. Glad to see we got another LB coming up that can really play.

8. Forbes is just a ball hawk. You better have his man open and throw really away from him. Enjoy watching him however many more games he plays. He is special on the corner. Dang MSU can flat get and grow some corners. LSU ain't got much on us there.

9. Please Leach don't revert back to no running.

10. We play like we can and should, we win easily in Lexington. The D does need to not give up too many big plays. UK isn't that explosive.

Bonus - the D gave up some big plays but boy did they stand tall twice inside the 10. Stone cold at the one 3 times. Why anyone runs up the middle on us when we are ready is just dumb when you have a fast mobile QB.

basedog
10-09-2022, 02:44 PM
I told you I smelled bacon cooking lol

LOL, and it was burnt**

FISHDAWG
10-09-2022, 02:50 PM
Those defensive stands were a thing of beauty

parabrave
10-09-2022, 02:51 PM
LOL, and it was burnt**

Best kind!! Also notice how Or RBs are just running through the defenders. They are pounding them and wearing them out. This team is very physical..

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 03:16 PM
LOL, and it was burnt**

Yep, lol that's the reason I used cooking instead of burnt! Burnt bacon is a waste but get it just right and it's awesome and yesterday was awesome!

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Best kind!! Also notice how Or RBs are just running through the defenders. They are pounding them and wearing them out. This team is very physical..

This is what I love so much about this team we are physical on both sides of the ball and our receivers block their butts off too. One thing about Leach he requires effort and hustle and you see it on the field.

Coach34
10-09-2022, 04:40 PM
Hello old friend. Let's take a look at your comments.

1. It sure was and congrats on your kid moving up. Make sure he enjoys himself. Sometimes they need those years of dominance to develop.

2. It ain't my favorite flavor of football either but it works.

Digger

1. He's been playing up most of his life. Who knew hooking up with a half Irish/half Indian (dot no feather) woman would produce 2 giants. My 13 year old (Little 34) is already taller than me and is projected at 6'7. Little Wool is only supposed to get to 6'5. He is going to end up on a college OL, the only question is on what level. Altho if you ask him he is trying to decide between State and LSU.

2. Def concerned about our problems in the kicking game. It's mental and has to be worked thru. Neither kicker lacks leg talent. Not sure how much we work under pressure in practice but I would assume its most days. Got to keep battling.

3. The Airbone works better when there is some semblance of balance. It's just a better look to it and effectiveness the last couple of weeks. I dont think it's a coincidence that running the ball more has kept our QB from getting hit. No sacks the last 2 weeks after 9 in first 4

State82
10-09-2022, 05:54 PM
2. Def concerned about our problems in the kicking game. It's mental and has to be worked thru. Neither kicker lacks leg talent. Not sure how much we work under pressure in practice but I would assume its most days. Got to keep battling.

As far as the kicking woes, see Commerce's critique and I think you have a major part of the answer.

LC Dawg
10-09-2022, 07:04 PM
It was good to see Austin Williams make some really nice catches after he's struggled this year. If Rogers can count on his roommate to make clutch catches going forward that does nothing but help us. He just doesn't need to return punts.

State82
10-09-2022, 07:27 PM
It was good to see Austin Williams make some really nice catches after he's struggled this year. He just doesn't need to return punts.
I think that ship has sailed. However, he is clutch in the receiving department. And that is what is important. Got to have a money guy on 3rd down and Williams is it.

Schultzy
10-09-2022, 07:41 PM
The rumor on some UK boards is Levis could have played last night. The staff thought they could win without him. Then the defense shit the bed with a very average USC offense. You can't put your backup QB in a hole. And yes, their OL is bad.

Their D only gave up 24

TrapGame
10-09-2022, 07:49 PM
Their D only gave up 24

To South Carolina. Arkansas beat the SHIT out of them. Rattler is terrible but UK's defense got gashed by their run game.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 07:52 PM
To South Carolina. Arkansas beat the SHIT out of them. Rattler is terrible but UK's defense got gashed by their run game.

Yeah usc offense is not good and they gashed uk especially on the ground

Dawgtini
10-09-2022, 08:00 PM
1. He's been playing up most of his life. Who knew hooking up with a half Irish/half Indian (dot no feather) woman would produce 2 giants. My 13 year old (Little 34) is already taller than me and is projected at 6'7. Little Wool is only supposed to get to 6'5. He is going to end up on a college OL, the only question is on what level. Altho if you ask him he is trying to decide between State and LSU.

3. The Airbone works better when there is some semblance of balance. It's just a better look to it and effectiveness the last couple of weeks. I dont think it's a coincidence that running the ball more has kept our QB from getting hit. No sacks the last 2 weeks after 9 in first 4

It's point 4. That dang o-line has gelled and allows this team to run the ball. I wouldn't change a thing even if $1 is ready.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 08:06 PM
It's point 4. That dang o-line has gelled and allows this team to run the ball. I wouldn't change a thing even if $1 is ready.

Yeah can't change now we rolling!

TrapGame
10-09-2022, 08:26 PM

Yep.

What's the old saying, "You gotta go with the hot hand." We need to roll with the combo we have now.

Schultzy
10-09-2022, 08:52 PM

If you only score 24 anymore you should expect to lose. Or in Kentucky’s case 14.

TrapGame
10-09-2022, 08:56 PM
If you only score 24 anymore you should expect to lose. Or in Kentucky’s case 14.

UK's defense shit the bed. That's what Stoops said. They actually thought they could keep USC's offense kicking field goals. First play of the game the whole game plan went to hell in kerosene underwear. Stoops didn't have an answer.

Schultzy
10-09-2022, 09:03 PM
Bookie can as well if he wants.

UK's defense shit the bed. That's what Stoops said. They actually thought they could keep USC's offense kicking field goals. First play of the game the whole game plan went to hell in kerosene underwear. Stoops didn't have an answer.
Stoops needs to score more points.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 09:11 PM

I thought that first play call was ignorant. Inexperienced qb and you got Rodriguez back at rb just run the football and don't get tricky

TrapGame
10-09-2022, 09:19 PM
Stoops needs to score more points.

A lot of folks on the UK boards do not like Stoops' love of the pro-style offense. Especially since they have some serious OL problems. And as I predicted their new OC is a mediocre play caller too.

TrapGame
10-09-2022, 09:21 PM
I thought that first play call was ignorant. Inexperienced qb and you got Rodriguez back at rb just run the football and don't get tricky

That whole game for UK was just bad juju.

South Carolina's defense took out three of their receivers in the first half. They are on injury watch and one or more may be questionable for next Saturday.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 09:33 PM
That whole game for UK was just bad juju.

South Carolina's defense took out three of their receivers in the first half. They are on injury watch and one or more may be questionable for next Saturday.

They've really been kinda manhandled the last 2 weeks. Out physicaled by om and usce

Coach34
10-09-2022, 09:34 PM
UK’s playcalling last night was garbage from the 1st snap.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 09:36 PM
UK’s playcalling last night was garbage from the 1st snap.

Amen to that

msu15
10-09-2022, 10:38 PM
They've really been kinda manhandled the last 2 weeks. Out physicaled by om and usce

Which is usually the exact opposite of a current Stoops team.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 10:41 PM
Which is usually the exact opposite of a current Stoops team.

Looks they're kinda weak on both los.

Todd4State
10-10-2022, 12:52 AM
A lot of folks on the UK boards do not like Stoops' love of the pro-style offense. Especially since they have some serious OL problems. And as I predicted their new OC is a mediocre play caller too.

If they have a bad offensive line there isn't a lot of scheme that can mask that.

TrapGame
10-10-2022, 08:11 AM
If they have a bad offensive line there isn't a lot of scheme that can mask that.

Especially if you have a pro guy dropping back for a pass.

Thick
10-10-2022, 05:41 PM
I agree with everyone in this thread, BUT Will?s decisions have to be spot on vs Bama. In the last 2 games, he COULD have thrown 5-6 picks. That?s all I got. Let?s please kick UK?s ass!!