PDA

View Full Version : Levis in a Boot

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2022, 05:00 PM
Will Levis out today again USC - in a walking boot. Are the stars aligning for us???

Hambone
10-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Another poster said he has turf toe.

BeardoMSU
10-08-2022, 05:15 PM
Another poster said he has turf toe.

What's the timeline on that?

Hambone
10-08-2022, 05:16 PM
Hell, I don’t even know what turf toe is.

Catfish
10-08-2022, 05:18 PM

Me either, but I'm hoping he's out for two weeks.

Tater
10-08-2022, 05:19 PM
What's the timeline on that?

could be a week. could be more if you're darren mcfadden. it's not a hard timeline and varies due to severity. id expect him to be at best a GTD next week. even if he's out the next two months, he'll be a GTD for every game with this injury. science just ain't there yet on hammering down timelines.

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 05:20 PM

I believe it's an inflamed joint in the big toe. Hurts like a sum bitch. So I'm told.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 05:25 PM
I believe it's an inflamed joint in the big toe. Hurts like a sum bitch. So I'm told.

I've seen it so bad it swollen the size of a lemon and then it could just be slight, but if he's in a boot I would guess he can't even put a shoe on and it's probably inflamed bad. Enough treatment though and he could be good to go soon. And it does hurt like a mug!

Tater
10-08-2022, 05:27 PM
I've seen it so bad it swollen the size of a lemon and then it could just be slight, but if he's in a boot I would guess he can't even put a shoe on and it's probably inflamed bad. Enough treatment though and he could be good to go soon. And it does hurt like a mug!

Footwork matters so much to a QB. A loss to USCe, I could see Levis shutting it down the rest of the season. He's going to hurt his draft stock coming back from injury.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 05:31 PM
Footwork matters so much to a QB. A loss to USCe, I could see Levis shutting it down the rest of the season. He's going to hurt his draft stock coming back from injury.

You could be right about him shutting it down.Absolutely bad footwork equals problems. This is something that can longer for a long time too. Almost as bad as a hammy or groin.

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 05:34 PM
If Levis is in a boot this Saturday I doubt he'll be 100% by next Saturday. Just a step slower than usual with that foot and he's sacked or he throws incomplete.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 05:53 PM
If Levis is in a boot this Saturday I doubt he'll be 100% by next Saturday. Just a step slower than usual with that foot and he's sacked or he throws incomplete.

And their ol is awful. Not bad, awful!

Cowbell
10-08-2022, 06:20 PM
I would rather play him so we can get ready for the big boys

MetEdDawg
10-08-2022, 07:24 PM
They had him mic'ed up on the field pre game. Heard him tell someone that he would be good to go next week and that the pain has started going down in his foot.

That was from his mouth caught on the field mic pre game and broadcast on tv. So I would expect him to be back next week.

msu15
10-08-2022, 07:29 PM
I hope our coaches notice that they are pulling that same bullshit they did on us last year with simulating the snap count when they're on defense. Multiple false starts already on Carolina.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 07:33 PM
They had him mic'ed up on the field pre game. Heard him tell someone that he would be good to go next week and that the pain has started going down in his foot.

That was from his mouth caught on the field mic pre game and broadcast on tv. So I would expect him to be back next week.

Oh I'm sure he'll play he won't be 100% though. And if we hit him enough it'll make it worse. And can we please put JP Purvis in on third downs to blitz instead of Watson? Purvis gets home almost every time,

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 07:36 PM
Oh I'm sure he'll play he won't be 100% though. And if we hit him enough it'll make it worse. And can we please put JP Purvis in on third downs to blitz instead of Watson? Purvis gets home almost every time,

CC you're a coach so you know the players want to play no matter what. He thinks he's fine and the pain is getting better but he can't clear himself.

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2022, 07:37 PM

Then we need to send someone to Lexington and stomp on his toe!!in all seriousness, turf toe can be brutal. Ended Deion Sanders career - and he had surgery last year dealing with lingering damage from turf toe.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 07:39 PM
CC you're a coach so you know the players want to play no matter what. He thinks he's fine and the pain is getting better but he can't clear himself.

Yep! Most players never want to sit. Heck I played half a baseball season with a broken hand. I didn't tell a soul.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 07:43 PM
Then we need to send someone to Lexington and stomp on his toe!!in all seriousness, turf toe can be brutal. Ended Deion Sanders career - and he had surgery last year dealing with lingering damage from turf toe.

Man all it takes is some one stepping on it one time and you'll want to cry. It's an injury that only gets better with extended rest. I'm sure they'll shoot it up with a numbing an agent but man it's a bad injury.

BlackSailsDawg
10-08-2022, 07:55 PM
I don't care who is the qb. Bring it. We will beat either one.

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 08:00 PM
I don't care who is the qb. Bring it. We will beat either one.

UK's defense is average too. Spencer Rattler is just ass as a QB.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 08:01 PM

Lol this!

Goldendawg
10-08-2022, 08:33 PM
Lol this!

His name is Spencer Rattled. I don't fear KY at all and bama not looking so hot either. Still early to tell how good some of these so called good teams really are. Hail State!

NWADAWG
10-08-2022, 11:00 PM

Stretched or torn ligaments, tendons, and/or soft tissue in joint of big toe according to google.

Offshore Dawg
10-09-2022, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=TrapGame;1454585]UK's defense is average too. Spencer Rattler is just ass as a QB.[/QUOTE ]

But He is making money.

Bdawg
10-09-2022, 08:45 AM
I believe turf toe ended the career one of the toughest guys in pro ball, Jack Lambert. I’ve heard it’s bad stuff. Levi’s doesn’t want that lingering, but I bet he plays.

PikeDawg15
10-09-2022, 08:53 AM
I think I was correct in that our 3 game stretch before Alabama went in order for hardest to easiest

Texas A&M
Arkansas
Kentucky

If I?m Levis , I?m thinking about my future and that offensive line is not helping me get to the NFL healthy .

If Levis doesn?t play we beat Kentucky by 40

Johnson85
10-09-2022, 09:01 AM
Kentucky isn?t great but they have in general been a different team on the road and at home the last few years. Not sure shooting the bed at Oxford and USCe really reflects how they are in Lexington.

ETA. Well, I guess if it was in Lexington it does.

Extendedcab
10-09-2022, 09:06 AM

If it's anything like gout, I can attest to the pain! It is like having a kidney stone in your toe!!!!

TheDawgBiscuit
10-09-2022, 09:15 AM
Kentucky isn?t great but they have in general been a different team on the road and at home the last few years. Not sure shooting the bed at Oxford and USCe really reflects how they are in Lexington.

ETA. Well, I guess if it was in Lexington it does.

The SC game was a Home game for them.

viverlibre
10-09-2022, 09:27 AM

Went from Hiesman contender to whatever he is now.

TrapGame
10-09-2022, 09:36 AM
If it's anything like gout, I can attest to the pain! It is like having a kidney stone in your toe!!!!

Yes Sir!!

Had gout in my big toe before I got treatment and it was HELL. I couldn't even stand the bed sheet to touch it. Walking? Forget it.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2022, 09:45 AM
Yes Sir!!

Had gout in my big toe before I got treatment and it was HELL. I couldn't even stand the bed sheet to touch it. Walking? Forget it.

I've had gout and kidney stones. Hands down the worst pain I've ever experienced.

DownwardDawg
10-09-2022, 09:54 AM

That's why I don't believe its anything like gout. If it were, he'd be barefoot. Not even a sock on much less a boot!!! Lol

WSOPdawg
10-09-2022, 10:21 AM

I've noticed that... JP definitely needs to start getting more PT. Excited to watch him in the future.

RocketDawg
10-09-2022, 11:45 AM
Me either, but I'm hoping he's out for two weeks.

Read that he said it's almost well and he should be back for our game Saturday.

msudawg1200
10-09-2022, 12:02 PM
I've had gout and kidney stones. Hands down the worst pain I've ever experienced.

I second that emotion. Also, for the poster that said gout is like a kidney stone in your big toe is exactly how I describe it to people.