PDA

View Full Version : We are really close to a special season

msstate7
10-08-2022, 02:09 PM
Just gotta clean up ST, coverage, and will, protect the ball. These are all easily correctable. Next week is a huge game

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 02:16 PM
I agree 7.

Unfortunately I think we drop one in Lexington.

Hope I'm wrong.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-08-2022, 02:21 PM
Just gotta clean up ST, coverage, and will, protect the ball. These are all easily correctable. Next week is a huge game

Yea, maybe the LSU game was the annual ?we should have won? game from Leach. And maybe we can pull a surprise against UGA or UA-T.

Catfish
10-08-2022, 02:23 PM
We will beat Kentucky.

MetEdDawg
10-08-2022, 02:24 PM
I agree 7.

Hope I'm wrong.

The Lexington game is the key really. You have think if we win that game the floor is 8-4.

You have Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss as your games left that you worry about. We get Bama and Georgia both coming off Tennessee and Ole Miss coming off Bama and Arkansas.

Win in Lexington and things start to look really good.

DownwardDawg
10-08-2022, 02:26 PM
We will beat Kentucky.

We should. If we do what 7 pointed out in his post, we'll win for sure. Especially ST and Will not throwing to DB's.
This team has so much potential.

Catfish
10-08-2022, 02:35 PM
The Lexington game is the key really. You have think if we win that game the floor is 8-4.

You have Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss as your games left that you worry about. We get Bama and Georgia both coming off Tennessee and Ole Miss coming off Bama and Arkansas.

Yup, good post.

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 02:40 PM

Good post.

BeardoMSU
10-08-2022, 02:43 PM

This.

Maverick91
10-08-2022, 02:43 PM
If we drop anything outside of Bama or Georgia I?m going to be disappointed even with them, we should give them a game. This team is special, we have very glaring but easy things to fix. We should roll into bluegrass and do this same thing to them next week. There just is zero reasoning for to not.

msstate7
10-08-2022, 02:44 PM
I'm gonna be in Vegas next week before the Kentucky game starts. I'm gonna put a $100 on us winning the natty. If we somehow win, it'll pay for a return trip

Matt3467
10-08-2022, 02:45 PM
Georgia hasn't exactly looked hot recently and OM doesn't blow me away either, but regardless we can't keep leaving points on the field. We left 5 points out there today due to our kicking woes. Not every game is going to be a blowout. We have to figure this out or else that's going to be the difference in a game this season.

PikeDawg15
10-08-2022, 02:49 PM
We played a B game today.

Not as good as last week .

I think Arkansas is better than kentucky offensively but not defensively because kentucky has the worst Offensive line in the sec .

I think we will win a lower scoring game against kentucky next week .

LSU looks bad right now because jaden Daniels has a injured right ankle and is limited so that means they will lose a lot of games because their offensive is him scrambling around . He can?t scramble now so he?s getting killed

BlackSailsDawg
10-08-2022, 02:49 PM
If we drop anything outside of Bama or Georgia I?m going to be disappointed even with them, we should give them a game. This team is special, we have very glaring but easy things to fix. We should roll into bluegrass and do this same thing to them next week. There just is zero reasoning for to not.

Wait until next season! That will be awesome!

msu15
10-08-2022, 02:52 PM
I'm gonna be in Vegas next week before the Kentucky game starts. I'm gonna put a $100 on us winning the natty. If we somehow win, it'll pay for a return trip

Let it ride brotha. I put $1000 on the Braves winning the World Series last year after they made those moves at the deadline. You never know.

msstate7
10-08-2022, 02:52 PM

Caesar's offering +50000, so $100 pays $50,000

msstate7
10-08-2022, 02:53 PM
Let it ride brotha. I put $1000 on the Braves winning the World Series last year after they made those moves at the deadline. You never know.

Damn, nice bet

CaptainObvious
10-08-2022, 03:25 PM
If Arnett doesn?t have his entire side watching the Ole Miss defense plan against Kentucky over and over again, he is not scheming for that game.

Coach34
10-08-2022, 03:28 PM
We are really close to a special season

says the guy who claimed I was trolling when I said we had a shot to win 10 games this season

msstate7
10-08-2022, 03:30 PM
says the guy who claimed I was trolling when I said we had a shot to win 10 games this season

Haha, you didn't foresee us actually adding a running game.

CaptainObvious
10-08-2022, 03:36 PM
Adding the running game really did turn it into the Airbone offense.😎

Dawgology
10-08-2022, 03:38 PM
We have to beat Kentucky and STAY HEALTHY against Bama?be cause I think we can beat Georgia

Cowbell
10-08-2022, 04:37 PM
Haha, you didn't foresee us actually adding a running game.

Who did - this is fun to watch again

msstate7
10-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Who did - this is fun to watch again

Exactly! No one coulda predicted this.

BulldogBear
10-08-2022, 04:40 PM

You gonna stay that long!!!???

:cool:

Tater
10-08-2022, 04:46 PM

Did you throw any money where your mouth is though? (Please ignore Purdue)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FelAWFJXoAEo-31?format=jpg&name=large

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2022, 04:56 PM

That's not exactly true. There are some people who have said that Leach does have a history of his teams doing exactly what we have done the past 2 games - but we had not gotten our OL and QB reads where they needed to be.

msstate7
10-08-2022, 05:04 PM
That's not exactly true. There are some people who have said that Leach does have a history of his teams doing exactly what we have done the past 2 games - but we had not gotten our OL and QB reads where they needed to be.

Who are some of those that predicted we'd run like this? This is only the 4th sec game we've gone over 100 yards since leach got here, and the 1st time weve done it back to back

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 05:06 PM

This.

Some of Leach's best Texas Tech teams ran the ball 100+ yards a game.

msstate7
10-08-2022, 05:08 PM
This.

Some of Leach's best Texas Tech teams ran the ball 100+ yards a game.

Point me to some posts that predicted this. Maybe I missed em

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 05:11 PM

Predicted what? That Leach would run his Air Raid with SEC talent?

This is the Air Raid, 7. Leach has made some changes but the running game was always there. We're just using it now. And we're using it with SEC level talent.

msstate7
10-08-2022, 05:17 PM
Predicted what? That Leach would run his Air Raid with SEC talent?

This is the Air Raid, 7. Leach has made some changes but the running game was always there. We're just using it now. And we're using it with SEC level talent.

And up until we now we haven't used it, which rendered us total crap against the 3-8. We've now run the ball, and it's a total game changer bc Johnson is a BA rb

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 05:23 PM
And up until we now we haven't used it, which rendered us total crap against the 3-8. We've now run the ball, and it's a total game changer bc Johnson is a BA rb

Exactly!!!!

No argument from me.

parabrave
10-08-2022, 05:24 PM
I agree 7.

Hope I'm wrong.

UMmmm No. We only lose one more. Disclaimer If we don't beat ourselves.

Tater
10-08-2022, 05:25 PM

No disrespect to Johnson. But Brandon Holloway could have gotten 100+ yards today with the blocking from the OL.

And people who know what Leach's offense is, have known THIS varitiation today is the offense at 75% of its potential. The last two things are things Hornsby showed. Mike Vick speed at arm strength at QB. But we had great reading from our QB. I'll say his passing decisions leave something to be desired but Arkansas played like BGSU and didn't make us pay for bad throws.

parabrave
10-08-2022, 05:26 PM

Well I can think of 2 who actually did.

msstate7
10-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Well I can think of 2 who actually did.

Maybe so, but some would predict us to beat bama if we lost by 30 to bowling green. I'm talking about those that aren't total homers

Jarius
10-08-2022, 07:24 PM
There are a lot of people on here who told y’all that year 3 of leach returning 18 starters was going to be special. We have some idiots on here who simply hate Leach because of his political views who like to act like an idiot about him.

As far as the rushing yards go, we aren’t going to keep this up because teams aren’t going to allow us to just continue to do what we did today. They are going to make us beat them a different way.

Todd4State
10-08-2022, 07:39 PM

That's because we couldn't run it like we can now. Marks and Dillion have grown. We're not starting sophomores on the offensive line anymore either. This is a seasoned SEC football team now that is mature. It's not because the run plays weren't there.

And all of those "tweaks" people wanted to make wouldn't have made it much better last year either.

Todd4State
10-08-2022, 07:42 PM
There are a lot of people on here who told y’all that year 3 of leach returning 18 starters was going to be special. We have some idiots on here who simply hate Leach because of his political views who like to act like an idiot about him.

As far as the rushing yards go, we aren’t going to keep this up because teams aren’t going to allow us to just continue to do what we did today. They are going to make us beat them a different way.

I think it's just that Leach is unorthodox in how he approaches football. Most people grow up with "run the ball, establish the line of scrimmage!" Leach attacks space and throws it a ton. It's a different way of doing things. But because people have "that you have to play football a certain way" ingrained in them it draws criticism. But it works.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 07:44 PM
That's because we couldn't run it like we can now. Marks and Dillion have grown. We're not starting sophomores on the offensive line anymore either. This is a seasoned SEC football team now that is mature. It's not because the run plays weren't there.

And all of those "tweaks" people wanted to make wouldn't have made it much better last year either.

Great post here! Exactly right!

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2022, 07:49 PM

You have - I even made one post about it in a thread this past week. Leach's Texas Tech teams averaged about 6 100 yard games a season. His best team at TT had 11 100 yard plus games, winning 10 and losing one. He even had 4 200 + yard rushing games at TT. His Kentucky teams both averaged 115 yards rushing a game. But, a common theme at TT, Wazzu, and at MSU was that the first 2 seasons the running game was terrible. Why? It takes time for the OL, WR and QB to all learn the system enough to understand when to run and when not. The QB has to understand the checks at a high level; the OL has to be equipped to understand it, and the WR need to be fully unselfish in routes and blocking. We have a team that has fully bought in to the Leach way - and we see the results in the offense running the way it's supposed to.

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2022, 07:51 PM

Ding ding ding

msstate7
10-08-2022, 07:53 PM
You have - I even made one post about it in a thread this past week. Leach's Texas Tech teams averaged about 6 100 yard games a season. His best team at TT had 11 100 yard plus games, winning 10 and losing one. He even had 4 200 + yard rushing games at TT. His Kentucky teams both averaged 115 yards rushing a game. But, a common theme at TT, Wazzu, and at MSU was that the first 2 seasons the running game was terrible. Why? It takes time for the OL, WR and QB to all learn the system enough to understand when to run and when not. The QB has to understand the checks at a high level; the OL has to be equipped to understand it, and the WR need to be fully unselfish in routes and blocking. We have a team that has fully bought in to the Leach way - and we see the results in the offense running the way it's supposed to.

It isn't complicated... you see 3 down linemen, call a run.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 07:54 PM

You nailed it. If you've followed Leachs career from the beginning form Valdosta State forward you'll see that the more comfortable his team becomes with the offense the more the run game comes into play. The part about the qb checks, the ol checks and the wrs is dead on. People like to say that his offense is just on a notecard but its way more complex than that. There's literally tons of options on each play and each route and the checks and reads by the qb are so critical. It's why it takes a couple years to see this offense click because it's way more than just a note card.

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2022, 07:54 PM
It isn't complicated... you see 3 down linemen, call a run.

Which shows why would not have made it as an Air Raid QB.

msstate7
10-08-2022, 07:56 PM
Which shows why would not have made it as an Air Raid QB.

That's what's happening this year that hasn't before

was21
10-08-2022, 07:59 PM
This team has something that's sometimes overlooked. It's called team chemistry. Team chemistry is the seasoning that's sometimes missing when there is good coarching as well as talented players.

BrunswickDawg
10-08-2022, 08:01 PM
You nailed it. If you've followed Leachs career from the beginning form Valdosta State forward you'll see that the more comfortable his team becomes with the offense the more the run game comes into play. The part about the qb checks, the ol checks and the wrs is dead on. People like to say that his offense is just on a notecard but its way more complex than that. There's literally tons of options on each play and each route and the checks and reads by the qb are so critical. It's why it takes a couple years to see this offense click because it's way more than just a note card.

It's all right there in his book, the stats, and watching his UK and Texas Tech teams. It's also why he was slightly less successful at Wazzu - they couldn't get the RBs he's had at other stops.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 08:05 PM
It's all right there in his book, the stats, and watching his UK and Texas Tech teams. It's also why he was slightly less successful at Wazzu - they couldn't get the RBs he's had at other stops.

Yep! I had a friend that played OT for him at Valdosta State and he let me see his playbook and notes and told me about how intelligent the linemen
and qb had to be to run this offense correctly. He told me Leach actually does like the run game if he has the guys to run it. He had them Valdosta State and TT and now has them here not so much at wsu.

TrapGame
10-08-2022, 08:11 PM

Almost every 3rd string RB in the SEC would be the starting RB on almost any PAC 12 team.

We got some dudes that can tote the rock down here.

We were all talking about seeing Leach running his system with SEC talent. We are starting to see it. This is just a glimpse of what he can do with it.

BlackSailsDawg
Who are some of those that predicted we'd run like this? This is only the 4th sec game we've gone over 100 yards since leach got here, and the 1st time weve done it back to back

Me. Remember the thread I posted about this is where we are headed.

BrunswickDawg
Oh, really? You sure about that?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2008-09-13-texas-tech.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2008-09-20-texas-tech.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2008-10-04-kansas-state.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2008-10-11-texas-tech.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2008-10-18-texas-am.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2008-10-25-kansas.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2008-11-01-texas-tech.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2008-11-08-texas-tech.html

BlackSailsDawg
10-08-2022, 08:14 PM

Yes it has happened before, but we were not successful enough and that limited our ability.

Last year, these same plays were nit broken for 35, 36, 40 plus yards... etc.

These are not new plays to this air raid system

NCMSTFAN
10-08-2022, 08:27 PM
We can beat GA and Bama this year, they are both down.. we have the talent to do it. Im not saying it will happen, but it definitely can.

msstate7
10-08-2022, 08:40 PM
Im definitely betting on us winning natty

Commercecomet24
10-08-2022, 08:43 PM
We can beat GA and Bama this year, they are both down.. we have the talent to do it. Im not saying it will happen, but it definitely can.

I expect it to be at the very least extremely competitive

Jarius
10-08-2022, 09:13 PM

We tried to run on light boxes last year and could not so we abandoned it. Leach isn?t going to continue to run the ball against a light box if it isn?t working. Now that we have the OL to run the football he?s taking Advantage of it.

PikeDawg15
10-08-2022, 09:41 PM
12-1 and to the playoff?

WhiskeyPirate
10-08-2022, 09:44 PM
12-1 and to the playoff?

Probably 8-4/9-3 to a good bowl game

PikeDawg15
10-08-2022, 09:45 PM
Probably 8-4/9-3 to a good bowl game

Don?t ruin the Vibe

WhiskeyPirate
10-08-2022, 09:50 PM
Don?t ruin the Vibe

Ok 11-1

BeardoMSU
10-08-2022, 09:57 PM
Ok 11-1

https://c.tenor.com/y0Uak1ZbcP8AAAAC/thatsthespirit-roy-batty.gif

memsu06
10-08-2022, 09:58 PM
I'm sure we'll get the highly motivated AL team. Seems like we always do and never get the 4 interception/missed field goal/starting QB out version.

If either AL or UGA slip up I think we take them if we don't play like we did at LSU.

I still think we can win 10 games.

memsu06
10-08-2022, 10:02 PM
I bet Bama loses to Tenn then we get the highly motivated version of Bama.

PikeDawg15
10-08-2022, 10:05 PM
I bet Bama loses to Tenn then we get the highly motivated version of Bama.

They might lose tonight . Tennessee gets the motivated bama

PikeDawg15
10-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Why does jimbo fisher get the 4 turnover bama or has Tom Brady?s spirit possess his QB like last year

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2022, 06:37 AM
Back to the Original topic. State can win at Kentucky. Especially if Levis is out. However, State must handle the road environment. It seems we simply don't play as clean of game on the road. With that said, the last two games, State has momentum, keeps improving and hopefully takes some confidence on the road. Just play like we have the past two games, make a dang FG and we win in Kentucky.

That will set up a helluva fun time in Starkville for Auburn and UGA. Can't wait!

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2022, 08:06 AM
Back to the Original topic. State can win at Kentucky. Especially if Levis is out. However, State must handle the road environment. It seems we simply don't play as clean of game on the road. With that said, the last two games, State has momentum, keeps improving and hopefully takes some confidence on the road. Just play like we have the past two games, make a dang FG and we win in Kentucky.

That will set up a helluva fun time in Starkville for Auburn and UGA. Can't wait!

Kentucky's environment isn't Death Valley. It's much easier to take the crowd out of it and keep them out. We won on the road last year at A&M and Auburn - much tougher places to play. But yes, playing on the road really isn't easy for anyone in the SEC.

We opened as a 1.5 pt favorite.

msstate7
10-09-2022, 08:08 AM
Kentucky's environment isn't Death Valley. It's much easier to take the crowd out of it and keep them out. We won on the road last year at A&M and Auburn - much tougher places to play. But yes, playing on the road really isn't easy for anyone in the SEC.

We opened as a 1.5 pt favorite.

Weather looks like no issue right now. Showing some rain on Sunday, so hopefully that doesn't move to Saturday

Quaoarsking
10-09-2022, 11:28 AM
Vegas believes in us.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeotW9nXEAA6MrK?format=jpg&name=large

Tater
10-09-2022, 11:37 AM
The colley matrix poll lets you play god and add/remove results. If you flip the outcome of the State-LSU game we go from #14 to #1. Frustrating.