PDA

View Full Version : Thursday hype + prediction

Maverick91
10-06-2022, 03:27 PM
Alright boys, we are where the smart ones thought we would be 4-1, I was not smart honestly thought we would walk into Bama 7-0 and without absolutely laying a massive brick in the second quarter on LSU I think we would be.

As many have said the season started with LSU, so we are 1-1 currently and have a huge chance to get to 2-1 this weekend while also making a statement game.

I said we should beat A$M 38-17 if we played focused, disciplined ball for 60 minutes. I was pretty much right on that off by a TD both ways.

I do not see any difference with Arky coming to town. They do not have our number, we beat them at their house last year even though we missed 3 field goals the refs game them extra downs.

They are piss poor on the backend, their sacks are inflated due to poor competition, they have a lot of injuries across the board, and their starting Qb might be out.

All of that plays into our strengths on offense. I think our defense will do enough to be good and they will not have the fire power to keep up with our offense.

We come out focused and execute at a high level. Catch the balls you should catch, tackle, no stupid penalties.

State wins 45-20.

Catfish
10-06-2022, 03:37 PM
Dawgs 38-24. Over 100 yards rushing again.

parabrave
10-06-2022, 03:48 PM
35-13.
399 yds passing
100+ rushing.

CaptainObvious
10-06-2022, 03:48 PM
I don?t think their sacks are inflated because of competition. I just think they are feast or famine. Get to the QB, they have success protecting that back end. Don?t get to the QB and they are in a world of hurt. Big day coming for our Oline. If they cannot protect, Will has to adjust to quicker releases.

State 38 Ark 17

R2Dawg
10-06-2022, 03:54 PM
42-21 Dawgs. We probably give up some running yards and a score late to make it look this good with our 2nd team in that Leach likes so much.

TrapGame
10-06-2022, 04:00 PM
Our defense will key in on the run. We are loading the box and playing physical. I think the defense forces a couple of turnovers.
We run the ball just as much as we did against A&M.

40-20
380 passing
150 rushing

RocketDawg
10-06-2022, 04:15 PM
MSU 42-15 Late TD and 2-pointer by Arkansas.

basedog
10-06-2022, 04:26 PM
34-20 Dawgs.

Goldendawg
10-06-2022, 04:42 PM
I don?t think their sacks are inflated because of competition. I just think they are feast or famine. Get to the QB, they have success protecting that back end. Don?t get to the QB and they are in a world of hurt. Big day coming for our Oline. If they cannot protect, Will has to adjust to quicker releases.

State 38 Ark 17

Any word on the status of Dolla Bill?

BulldogBear
10-06-2022, 04:42 PM
UPig scores the first and last touchdown of the game. In between those, State scores 34 unanswered.

34-14

Commercecomet24
10-06-2022, 04:47 PM
We seem to do better when I don't predict a score so I'm just gonna say I smell bacon cooking.

basedog
10-06-2022, 04:49 PM
We seem to do better when I don't predict a score so I'm just gonna say I smell bacon cooking.

LOL, maybe just trim your wool,,,,,,baaaaa

PMDawg
10-06-2022, 08:05 PM
State - 31
Pigs -27

StarkVegasSteve
10-06-2022, 08:05 PM
41-24 Dawgs

Will-415 pass yds
Ducking- 2 waddles
Bloody Mary’s drank in the junction-Not enough

Commercecomet24
10-06-2022, 08:25 PM
LOL, maybe just trim your wool,,,,,,baaaaa

Nice! Lol!

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2022, 09:46 PM

LOL! Love it!

Hambone
10-06-2022, 10:12 PM
48 State
28 Arkansas

They get a garbage TD late to make it seem closer

Rogers 525 - 4 TD’s

Thomas 2 TD’s

150 Rushing and 2 TD’s

TaleofTwoDogs
10-06-2022, 11:17 PM
Any word on the status of Dolla Bill?

I think the line performed better without spending the Dollar.

Coach34
10-06-2022, 11:50 PM
Airbone 37 Bacon 17

Dawgology
10-07-2022, 12:43 AM
48 State
28 Arkansas

They get a garbage TD late to make it seem closer

Rogers 525 - 4 TD’s

Thomas 2 TD’s

150 Rushing and 2 TD’s

You think we get 675 yards offense????

Maroonthirteen
10-07-2022, 04:50 AM
A post without a Dan Mullen reference. Good job.

Arkansas racked up 8 sacks on Bobby Petrino's Missouri State. MoSt threw 43 passes to 32 rushes. Arkansas had 2 sacks vs aTm on 21 pass attempts.

MoSt had 357 passing yards. Surely MS St can throw for over 400 tomorrow.

PikeDawg15
10-07-2022, 08:12 AM
I predicted us to beat LSU and we lost.

I predicted us to lose to A&M but we won

SO THIS MAY NOT BE WHAT I REALLY THINK*********************

Hogs 35
Dogs 34

Dental Dawg33
10-07-2022, 08:41 AM
DAWGS 41 Hawgs 27

370 Passing with 3 TDs
120 Rushing with 2 TDs
2 FGs from 35+ Yards

dawgman15
10-07-2022, 08:45 AM
Dawgs 45-21

We won't punt the ball once

PikeDawg15
10-07-2022, 08:54 AM
DAWGS 41 Hawgs 27

370 Passing with 3 TDs
120 Rushing with 2 TDs
2 FGs from 35+ Yards

bold take

Hambone
10-07-2022, 09:04 AM
You think we get 675 yards offense????

Their D is bad. Probably won?t get that high. But I typed it so now I have to keep it

State82
10-07-2022, 09:06 AM
Lee Sterling of Paramount Sports out of Miami said this morning that the wrong team is favored and picked Arky 26-20. Don't know about that but I would take the 9 points if wagering.

Desoto1967
10-07-2022, 09:24 AM
FAYETTEVILLE — Sam Pittman gave Arkansas football fans a bit of good news regarding the health of his quarterback during his weekly radio show Wednesday evening.

After not participating in the first two practices this week, KJ Jefferson was able to get on the field Wednesday afternoon and Pittman confirmed he’ll be part of the Razorbacks’ 70-man travel roster for Saturday’s game at No. 23 Mississippi State.

“KJ practiced today,” Pittman said on his radio show. “I don’t know what that means, to be perfectly honest with you. He still has a ways to go on that. We’re certainly not going to play him unless he’s capable and healthy and all those type things.”

“We’re going to take him on the trip. Whether he plays or not still waiting to be seen. We’ve got a few more days to figure some of that out.”

Getting on the practice field by Wednesday was the first milestone Jefferson had to clear in order to at least be considered to play this weekend, as that’s the deadline Pittman has for every player dealing with an injury.

Jefferson is recovering from what is believed to be a concussion, albeit without Pittman ever explicitly using that word to describe his injury. He did mention after the Alabama game that Jefferson “hit his head” and added Monday that he was dealing with “mild symptoms,” but declined to confirm whether he was in concussion protocol.

Although he was still able to take part in meetings, Jefferson was relegated to the sideline during practice Monday and Tuesday. When Pittman spoke with reporters Wednesday, he had not yet met with head athletic trainer Dave Polanski, but he said how much Jefferson responded to his first practice work would go a long way in determining his status.

“I have no idea, because I don’t know how well he’s going to react to physical movement,” Pittman said. “If he reacts really well, then we’ll have a decision to make on what we’re going to do moving forward, depending on how much he practices today.”

With the Razorbacks still in “wait-and-see” mode with Jefferson, conversation in the meantime has shifted to who they might play at quarterback if he’s unavailable.

Does he play or not?

Maroonthirteen
10-07-2022, 09:25 AM
Ole Lee took aTm last week.

TrapGame
10-07-2022, 09:35 AM
Lee Sterling of Paramount Sports out of Miami said this morning that the wrong team is favored and picked Arky 26-20. Don't know about that but I would take the 9 points if wagering.

Ole Lee took aTm last week.

Lee Sterling is a joke.

StarkVegasSteve
10-07-2022, 10:22 AM

And I am sure Bo Bounds acted like he was a combo of Stu Feiner, Jimmy The Greek, and God like he usually does.

TrapGame
10-07-2022, 10:27 AM
And I am sure Bo Bounds acted like he was a combo of Stu Feiner, Jimmy The Greek, and God like he usually does.

Jake Wim yesterday said he wouldn't take that bet. He said "I love Lee but he's flat out wrong on this one."

parabrave
10-07-2022, 10:35 AM
If they play KJ with a concus and he gets hurt all the NIL money will be going to some Trial lawyer and KJs family. Plus Arky will be put on probation and Pittman will be fired. Not worth the risk,

Commercecomet24
10-07-2022, 10:39 AM
If they play KJ with a concus and he gets hurt all the NIL money will be going to some Trial lawyer and KJs family. Plus Arky will be put on probation and Pittman will be fired. Not worth the risk,

This. I can't even believe they're considering playing him. I went back and looked at some of the hits he took(not just the one where he was apparently injured) and it was more than once he took a blow to the head.They're playing with fire if he gets on the field saturday and maybe even if he plays the following week. But hey it's a win at all costs thing.

parabrave
10-07-2022, 10:43 AM
This. I can't even believe they're considering playing him. I went back and looked at some of the hits he took(not just the one where he was apparently injured) and it was more than once he took a blow to the head.They're playing with fire if he gets on the field saturday and maybe even if he plays the following week. But hey it's a win at all costs thing.

The only reason he is not ruled out is a diversionary tactic. And yes our defense is very physical now and he will be out in the 1st half.

TrapGame
10-07-2022, 10:45 AM

That hit he took in the 4th was BRUTAL. His right shoulder went right into the turf and then his head hit and bounced.

I really doubt he's playing. Pittman is milking it for something positive.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2022, 10:46 AM
The only reason he is not ruled out is a diversionary tactic. And yes our defense is very physical now and he will be out in the 1st half.

I agree with that. I've thought all along he was blowing smoke about him playing, but coaches do get desperate sometimes. It's like Leach said in his presser though, the offense will be basically the same for them no matter who is playing qb, because you can't just change your whole scheme in a week. I do think with KJ not playing they will be even more run heavy than they have been and may come out with a few more trick plays to see if they can get something explosive. We're going to have to play very disciplined and take care of our assignments.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2022, 10:47 AM
That hit he took in the 4th was BRUTAL. His right shoulder went right into the turf and then his head hit and bounced.

I really doubt he's playing. Pittman is milking it for something positive.

Yeah that was an awful hit. It's why I think both his head and shoulder are messed up.

TrapGame
10-07-2022, 10:54 AM
I agree with that. I've thought all along he was blowing smoke about him playing, but coaches do get desperate sometimes. It's like Leach said in his presser though, the offense will be basically the same for them no matter who is playing qb, because you can't just change your whole scheme in a week. I do think with KJ not playing they will be even more run heavy than they have been and may come out with a few more trick plays to see if they can get something explosive. We're going to have to play very disciplined and take care of our assignments.

I foresee a lot of screens and QB draws (with Hornsby). The want Arnett to be aggressive but I think Arnett may fool them with some looks.

parabrave
10-07-2022, 11:09 AM
I foresee a lot of screens and QB draws (with Hornsby). The want Arnett to be aggressive but I think Arnett may fool them with some looks.

This and sweeps with Sanders. Our outside speed is questionable and if he can get to the corner he will gobble up some yardage.

GoDawgz
10-07-2022, 11:30 AM
34-13 1 missed XP for each team.

parabrave
10-07-2022, 11:43 AM
Dang forgot one big item that might affect the outcome. Who are the refs?

R2Dawg
10-07-2022, 11:47 AM

I do a lot of 8 man box. Forbes and Richardson in man and a safety back. Crowd the line and stop the run before it gets started.

R2Dawg
10-07-2022, 11:49 AM
Dang forgot one big item that might affect the outcome. Who are the refs?

We have the momentum over Ark right now, could SEC office call it straight?

Maverick91
10-07-2022, 11:57 AM
We have the momentum over Ark right now, could SEC office call it straight?

Did they last year? Not even! We might get it close due to being better, ranked, expected to win, and being at home. But hey we still are pittitippy tate to them.

Kylesandi338
10-07-2022, 12:01 PM
38-17 DAWGS

WPS
10-07-2022, 01:49 PM

Apparently it's not a concussion from those who know players on the team but not sure what else it could be...maybe neck/shoulder? Still seems like it might be a stretch that he plays but better than a head injury.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2022, 02:00 PM
Apparently it's not a concussion from those who know players on the team but not sure what else it could be...maybe neck/shoulder? Still seems like it might be a stretch that he plays but better than a head injury.

Man I don't know, that tackle in the 4th was brutal and his right shoulder and head both slammed into the turf hard. Couple other tackles where his head smoked the turf pretty good.

parabrave
10-07-2022, 02:11 PM

Neither Was Tuas' 1st hit. Heck man even with a pinched nerve or any upper back neck strain which it very well may be u don't want to play around with that. BTW WSP I don't know how old you are but back in the mid to late 70s there used to be a underground FM station in Little Rock that was great/ We used to climb up on my friend roof around midnight with a wire so the Tuner could get it. Lots of bands like Uriah Heap, ELP, Lou Reed and lesser known bands had their albums played. It was great.