34 has been all smiles this week. He got in EARLY

PikeDawg15
10-05-2022, 12:36 PM

If KJ is in fact no available saturday.

We have no excuse to not win by 21+.

Lord McBuckethead
10-05-2022, 12:36 PM
Could all be posturing by the Ark Coaching staff. I didn't notice anything with him Saturday during their game. Who knows? We just have to play our game and we will win. We have more talent. We are playing at home. Make tackles on defense and spread out the ball on offense. Dawgs will win Again.

Hambone
10-05-2022, 12:44 PM
He definitely went out Saturday and the backup came in for the last series or two. Bama hurt him.

TrapGame
10-05-2022, 12:48 PM
KJ ain't playing Saturday.

Looks like Malik Hornsby gets the start but Cade Fortin will probably be put in at some point.

Briles is going to throw every trick play in the book at us.

msudawglb
10-05-2022, 01:45 PM
Sounds like Pittman has an issue on his hands. I read where Hornsby was upset with not playing against Bama and he removed all Arkansas material from his social media accounts. Now Hornsby is getting the start.

KJ ain't playing Saturday.

Looks like Malik Hornsby gets the start but Cade Fortin will probably be put in at some point.

Briles is going to throw every trick play in the book at us.

PikeDawg15
10-05-2022, 02:09 PM
Sounds like Pittman has an issue on his hands. I read where Hornsby was upset with not playing against Bama and he removed all Arkansas material from his social media accounts. Now Hornsby is getting the start.

Arkansas fans are very upset with how things are going but I dont understand why they thought this season was going to be huge.

They werent just talking about going 10-2 and going to the sugar bowl. They wanted the SEC title and a Playoff.

Arkansas fans are now talking about going 4-8 or 5-7 and potentially looking for a new head coach after next season.

I dont understand why they thought they would be SEC title good so fast?

Pittman inherited an absolute DUMPSTER FIRE when he came in and they were the Vandy of the West and had no talent and horrible recruits and had not won a SEC game in over 2-3 years and made them competitive and went 9-4 last year.

They lost a lot over the past year. Pittman still has a long build ahead of him.

In 2019 when state OM and Arky were looking for coaches, arkansas was the worst

State had a horrible coach who wasted lots of talent on defense and couldnt score and ole miss had a lot of talent but they just had a inept coaching staff that thought hurting players was how to win games. Arkansas had less talent than missouri 2 years ago.

Pittman has done great at arkansas but the idea they were going to win the west in year 3 was insanity. I guess everyone just gets sick with sucking for so long ... we know the pain.

Coach34
10-05-2022, 02:18 PM

Handle bidness Saturday and we will be 4-1-1 ATS on the year

Captain Falcon
10-05-2022, 02:32 PM
Arkansas fans are very upset with how things are going but I dont understand why they thought this season was going to be huge.

They werent just talking about going 10-2 and going to the sugar bowl. They wanted the SEC title and a Playoff.

Arkansas fans are now talking about going 4-8 or 5-7 and potentially looking for a new head coach after next season.

Pittman inherited an absolute DUMPSTER FIRE when he came in and they were the Vandy of the West and had no talent and horrible recruits and had not won a SEC game in over 2-3 years and made them competitive and went 9-4 last year.

They lost a lot over the past year. Pittman still has a long build ahead of him.

State had a horrible coach who wasted lots of talent on defense and couldnt score and ole miss had a lot of talent but they just had a inept coaching staff that thought hurting players was how to win games. Arkansas had less talent than missouri 2 years ago.

Pittman has done great at arkansas but the idea they were going to win the west in year 3 was insanity. I guess everyone just gets sick with sucking for so long ... we know the pain.

There are a lot of parallels between Pittman and Dan Mullen at MSU. This year for Pittman may be what 2011 was for us: a reality check.

PikeDawg15
10-05-2022, 02:43 PM
There are a lot of parallels between Pittman and Dan Mullen at MSU. This year for Pittman may be what 2011 was for us: a reality check.

Theres one difference

Pittman doesnt call the plays, briles does.

I want to see pittman after Odom and Briles leave

TrapGame
10-05-2022, 03:02 PM
Theres one difference

The other difference?

Pittman's kept the same DC for three years.

Very un-Mullen like.

Coach34
10-05-2022, 03:08 PM
Theres one difference

Pittman runs the program and recruits hard. They wont drop any after Briles leaves. Odom has had a couple of chances to leave and hasnt. He may be there awhile.

Tater
10-05-2022, 03:22 PM
Handle bidness Saturday and we will be 4-1-1 ATS on the year

What interesting (or frustrating) is that if you take out the part of the game where the sun went down in death valley, we're 4-1 against the opening spread minus another 10 points.

Opened vs Memphis -15.5. Won by 26
Opened vs Arizona -8.5. Won by 22
Opened vs LSU -1.5. Up 13-0
Opened vs BGSU -30. Won by 31 (only one we aren't clearing by 10+)
Opened vs A&M -2.5. Won by 18.

Add to it that Vegas already likes us more than most. It's telling. That LSU game is gonna piss us off more and more as the season goes. This team has no reason not to win its next two games by double digits and walk into Tuscaloosa actually prepared to give a fight.

PikeDawg15
10-05-2022, 03:36 PM
What interesting (or frustrating) is that if you take out the part of the game where the sun went down in death valley, we're 4-1 against the opening spread minus another 10 points.

Add to it that Vegas already likes us more than most. It's telling. That LSU game is gonna piss us off more and more as the season goes. This team has no reason not to win its next two games by double digits and walk into Tuscaloosa actually prepared to give a fight.

Yep , I think thats going to be the difference between a NY6 bowl and a Florida bowl.

WPS
10-05-2022, 07:58 PM

I don?t know of any Arkansas fans who expected an SEC title this year. I just think most expected to be about like last year, 8-9 wins with an outside shot at 10.

A three game losing streak would definitely get the natives restless but I don?t think going 7-5 is the end of the world if it happens. Still lots of season left and Pittman is still infinitely better than Chad Morris. Arkansas fans have been frustrated for sure with both coordinators this year though.

Not sure if I would say Arkansas had less talent than Missouri since Arkansas usually outrecruited Mizzou almost every year but they were definitely horribly coached.

Schultzy
10-05-2022, 08:05 PM
Disclaimer: this doesn’t mean anything about this weekend

But I told y’all without that WR Arkansas sucked

PikeDawg15
10-05-2022, 08:15 PM
I don?t know of any Arkansas fans who expected an SEC title this year. I just think most expected to be about like last year, 8-9 wins with an outside shot at 10.

A three game losing streak would definitely get the natives restless but I don?t think going 7-5 is the end of the world if it happens. Still lots of season left and Pittman is still infinitely better than Chad Morris. Arkansas fans have been frustrated for sure with both coordinators this year though.

Not sure if I would say Arkansas had less talent than Missouri since Arkansas usually outrecruited Mizzou almost every year but they were definitely horribly coached.

Ive always liked arkansas. I feel like we have a lot in common.

Not sure how much you keep up with twitter though but Arkansas and Tennessee currently have the craziest twitter fans ive ever seen. Ive constantly seen posts about arkansas winning the sec and multiple guys going on twitter spaces willing to bet $1000 that Arkansas would beat alabama etc etc.

I havent heard almost a peep out of them since they lost to A$M. Hopefully you guys lose to us saturday, then go 9-3 and beat the piss out of the rebels and leave them hurting a week before the egg bowl

Schultzy
10-05-2022, 09:49 PM
Under 59

Unless pick sixes and blocked fg’s for td’s.

Tater
10-06-2022, 05:30 AM
Ive always liked arkansas. I feel like we have a lot in common.

Not sure how much you keep up with twitter though but Arkansas and Tennessee currently have the craziest twitter fans ive ever seen. Ive constantly seen posts about arkansas winning the sec and multiple guys going on twitter spaces willing to bet $1000 that Arkansas would beat alabama etc etc.

I havent heard almost a peep out of them since they lost to A$M. Hopefully you guys lose to us saturday, then go 9-3 and beat the piss out of the rebels and leave them hurting a week before the egg bowl

Twitter is good for breaking news, but it's not real life. If you judge entire fanbases solely off of twitter and think that's where their decisions are made, you need to not.

Santiago
10-06-2022, 07:28 AM

Chad Morris had top 25 recruiting every season, so Pittman walked into some talent. That WR, Burks,, was drafted first round last year and wrecked many teams.
Pittman had 4th, 5th and 6th year seniors the last 2 years so he had a much older and physical team compared to other teams(MSU 2 years ago when Leach took over).
Now most of those upper classmen have finally had grandkids and leaving school.
This summer he had 2 DB's leave the team, that probably hurt him some. But so did we in Leach's first year along with a DL transfer. So it is what it is.
To me the bigger questions is why doesn't Pittman and Briles have some QB's , even if young, developed and stacked on the roster?
This is now becoming Pittman's team with his players by year 3. I like Pittman, and other than playing us I hope he has success at Arkansas because he is a good guy overall.

PikeDawg15
10-06-2022, 08:48 AM
Chad Morris had top 25 recruiting every season, so Pittman walked into some talent. That WR, Burks,, was drafted first round last year and wrecked many teams.
Pittman had 4th, 5th and 6th year seniors the last 2 years so he had a much older and physical team compared to other teams(MSU 2 years ago when Leach took over).
Now most of those upper classmen have finally had grandkids and leaving school.
This summer he had 2 DB's leave the team, that probably hurt him some. But so did we in Leach's first year along with a DL transfer. So it is what it is.
To me the bigger questions is why doesn't Pittman and Briles have some QB's , even if young, developed and stacked on the roster?
This is now becoming Pittman's team with his players by year 3. I like Pittman, and other than playing us I hope he has success at Arkansas because he is a good guy overall.

I agree but , from my memory which possibly could be incorrect.

Chad Morris never had a recruiting class inside the top 35. I remember his 2019 class was ranked something like 44th on signing day.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-06-2022, 08:52 AM

This sounds about like State's fanbase

PikeDawg15
10-06-2022, 08:57 AM
This sounds about like State's fanbase

Ill be honest. Some wont want to hear it but people bitched about 7-5 last year for 5 months.

If Ole Miss was 6-6 or 7-5, 75% of the bitching would be not as loud.

Ole Miss was 10-2. Thats the problem.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-06-2022, 09:02 AM
Ill be honest. Some wont want to hear it but people bitched about 7-5 last year for 5 months.

110%. We care so much about what they do. It was the same way after we lost to LSU and they won big at GT.

PGHBulldogBG
10-06-2022, 12:44 PM

I agree to some extent, but if Ole Miss is all we care about then we wouldn’t have fired Moorhead. Kiffin having an outback bowl appearance and a sugar bowl appearance with Leach having Armed Forces and Liberty bowl certainly probably plays into it. I don’t live in Mississippi and never come in contact with Ole Miss fans so I don’t have the same knowledge or hate for them others may have. I do agree it seems like our message board fans at least obsess about Ole Miss way too much

WPS
10-06-2022, 01:23 PM

Arkansas had a QB, Kade Renfro, tear his ACL in bowl prep last year and he isn't healthy yet or he might be starting Saturday. Then the freshman QB they signed in the '21 class transferred to Houston I believe over the offseason. At one point the QB room was pretty full so the staff decided not to take one in the '22 class but a series of unfortunate events left us with very little there now.

There is a 4* committed for the '23 class and I'll bet Hornsby leaves and the staff takes another transfer QB as well. KJ might come back too. It's just so hard to manage the QB room now with the portal the way it is.

As far as Morris' recruiting, he was definitely a much better recruiter than he was a coach. The 2019 class set a Rivals record for most 4* that Arkansas has ever signed and was around 20th. However the class before that was ranked like 44th. Pittman seems to be more consistent as far as stacking classes in the 20-25 range instead of yo-yoing back and forth.

Santiago
10-06-2022, 04:49 PM
Arkansas had a QB, Kade Renfro, tear his ACL in bowl prep last year and he isn't healthy yet or he might be starting Saturday. Then the freshman QB they signed in the '21 class transferred to Houston I believe over the offseason. At one point the QB room was pretty full so the staff decided not to take one in the '22 class but a series of unfortunate events left us with very little there now.

There is a 4* committed for the '23 class and I'll bet Hornsby leaves and the staff takes another transfer QB as well. KJ might come back too. It's just so hard to manage the QB room now with the portal the way it is.

As far as Morris' recruiting, he was definitely a much better recruiter than he was a coach. The 2019 class set a Rivals record for most 4* that Arkansas has ever signed and was around 20th. However the class before that was ranked like 44th. Pittman seems to be more consistent as far as stacking classes in the 20-25 range instead of yo-yoing back and forth.

I am not a recruiting or coaching person, but had heard you take a QB every year, because of attrition.
Why did the QB transfer to Houston?
Another thing I noticed is there is a top HS junior QB recruit in the state of Arkansas, and he has Ole Miss at the top of his list, instead of Arkansas. Is that a recruit Arkansas is evaluating differently or just want a different type of QB?

WPS
10-07-2022, 01:46 PM
I am not a recruiting or coaching person, but had heard you take a QB every year, because of attrition.
Why did the QB transfer to Houston?
Another thing I noticed is there is a top HS junior QB recruit in the state of Arkansas, and he has Ole Miss at the top of his list, instead of Arkansas. Is that a recruit Arkansas is evaluating differently or just want a different type of QB?

Guess he transferred because he expected a shot at starting, not sure. A lot of these freshmen QBs aren't very realistic about their PT opportunities.

Walker White has been an interesting topic on the Arkansas message boards. He's an Arkansas legacy but it seems Briles didn't really prioritize him at first and went after several 5* QBs but kinda has him on the backburner just in case while Ole Miss seems to value him more. White went something like 15/32 in a game a few weeks ago and still has a lot of improvement to do but physically he's there for sure. Might be a similar thing with KJ Jefferson and his recruitment where the in-state schools didn't really push until late. We may wait to see who is available in the portal for a potential backup as well.

PikeDawg15
10-07-2022, 01:49 PM
Like just moved from 9.5 to 9 after staying at 9.5 for 3 days. Looks like some Arkansas money is starting to come in

Tater
10-08-2022, 04:51 PM

5-1 now. This is actually insane. Homer me is making hand over fist betting spreads moved 10 points against us.

trob115
10-08-2022, 07:07 PM
Anyone seen an early line for next week?

Hambone
10-08-2022, 07:58 PM
I’m going with -4 1/2 State