BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2022, 11:47 AM
JaCorey Whitted

Wonder what Leach is up to?

Catfish
10-04-2022, 12:05 PM
JaCorey Whitted

Wonder what Leach is up to?

I think it's whats to come. He's already changed his way of doing things this year. Didn't he use a tight end at Texas Tech?

msstate7
10-04-2022, 12:08 PM
Sounds good. Sure he isn't a defensive offer? If he a true TE offer, that's awesome. I would assume if we making a philosophical change, there will be at least 3-4 more TE offers

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2022, 12:08 PM
I think it's whats to come. He's already changed his way of doing things this year. Didn't he use a tight end at Texas Tech?

I do believe

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2022, 12:18 PM
Sounds good. Sure he isn't a defensive offer? If he a true TE offer, that's awesome. I would assume if we making a philosophical change, there will be at least 3-4 more TE offers

To be honest, no idea. I just know he offered him.

Santiago
10-04-2022, 12:34 PM
He likes tall and lean OL, so perhaps they see him filling into an OL

msu15
10-04-2022, 01:05 PM
I will say, and I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but multiple times we had our 2nd running back line up just behind the RT Saturday right off the line in a traditional Hback/tight end role in run sets. I could very well see Leach adapting to the league and adding a couple of tight ends on the roster.

TrapGame
10-04-2022, 01:09 PM
I will say, and I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but multiple times we had our 2nd running back line up just behind the RT Saturday right off the line in a traditional Hback/tight end role in run sets. I could very well see Leach adapting to the league and adding a couple of tight ends on the roster.

That's also a benefit from the two back set. One back stays in to block on the edge. Woody picked up some blitzes Saturday like an NFL back.

ZedFedder
10-04-2022, 01:13 PM
That's also a benefit from the two back set. One back stays in to block on the edge. Woody picked up some blitzes Saturday like an NFL back.

I don’t think Woody Marks gets to total respect he deserves. I like Johnson overall a little more as a runner, but Marks does just about everything pretty well.

R2Dawg
10-04-2022, 01:43 PM
I don’t think Woody Marks gets to total respect he deserves. I like Johnson overall a little more as a runner, but Marks does just about everything pretty well.

Marks has great burst thru the hole. We don't have another back that can do that. Marks TD run on LSU showed that clearly. No other RB would have scored on that play. He showed again on TAMU on that long run.

Dillion brings a little punch to the run.

This is what makes Marks and Dillion a great 1/2 punch. These two could be two top SEC backs if they were on a running team, they still are it just don't show up in stats.

CaptainObvious
10-04-2022, 03:02 PM
I know a recent State left fielder that has a couple more years of football eligibility.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-04-2022, 07:23 PM
What's a TE??? *

Leroy Jenkins
10-04-2022, 07:33 PM
Leach has said before that he would have TEs but most of the really good athletes with that body type, size, and speed get turned into DEs early on, and the ones that don't can't always catch the ball.

Cowbell
10-04-2022, 09:04 PM
I noticed - I'd tried to tell everyone after the game that Leach made some subtle adjustments. And everyone wants to say its execution. Even leach said that in his presser but DCs are taking notice.

Cowbell
10-04-2022, 09:06 PM
A dependable tight end who can also block would make this offense fun to watch - I wish we would grab one in the portal.