PDA

View Full Version : Seeing where Cade Fortin is the starter for Ark

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 12:30 PM
At least that's what I see on the hawgs board. Anybody else reading that?

Coach34
10-03-2022, 12:34 PM
Jefferson has a head

msstate7
10-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Not a good passer.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Yeah Jefferson got banged up pretty good against bama.

Cowbell
10-03-2022, 12:44 PM
Jefferson in concussion protocol

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 12:45 PM
Guess the pigs will be looking to bring in that fired neurologist from Miami.

Coach34
10-03-2022, 12:46 PM
Hope Fortin doesnt become the RAT that always seems to bite us

Cowbell
10-03-2022, 12:47 PM

Man that's a sad situation - they fired him and then the HC still claims he didn't have a head injury. Then why did you fire the guy? Scape goat

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 12:49 PM
Man that's a sad situation - they fired him and then the HC still claims he didn't have a head injury. Then why did you fire the guy? Scape goat

Exactly! That guy is the patsy.

basedog
10-03-2022, 12:49 PM

Someone bout to get paid some serious money.

Coach34
10-03-2022, 12:50 PM
Tua situation has made sure that anybody that even says their head is hurting is going to sit a week

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 12:51 PM

I watched footage of him after I read that. He's a bit shifty. But, if Jefferson is out, I'm not sure what frame of mind that leaves that team in.

parabrave
10-03-2022, 12:53 PM
I watched footage of him after I read that. He's a bit shifty. But, if Jefferson is out, I'm not sure what frame of mind that leaves that team in.

A heavy dose of Rocket Saunders on sweeps.

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 12:54 PM

Isn't that usually when we are the visiting team?

Dude's first start with about 40,000+ cowbells isn't going to be a walk in the park.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 12:56 PM
Tua situation has made sure that anybody that even says their head is hurting is going to sit a week

Yeah, that guy had no business going back in the game on Sunday! None. Even if a DR cleared it, the HC can make the call and keep him out.

DownwardDawg
10-03-2022, 01:25 PM
This is not good for us. Jefferson absolutely sucks. IMO this gives Arkansas a little better chance.

msstate7
10-03-2022, 01:31 PM
This is not good for us. Jefferson absolutely sucks. IMO this gives Arkansas a little better chance.

Idk about that. Here's a link to his stats. Check out previous years at USF...

http://cfbstats.com/2022/player/31/1095839/index.html

DownwardDawg
10-03-2022, 01:34 PM
I see what you're saying, but I'm one of those eye test guys. Jefferson looks terrible every time I see him play. He doesn't scare me at all. In fairness though, I don't know anything about his replacement other than those stats.

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 01:38 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me?!!!

If this kid was that good he'd be the starting QB.

Some of y'all need to fix this inferiority complex y'all have.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 01:39 PM
I see what you're saying, but I'm one of those eye test guys. Jefferson looks terrible every time I see him play. He doesn't scare me at all. In fairness though, I don't know anything about his replacement other than those stats.

Jefferson is tough and a great runner. They're gonna lose some of the option game with him out and there's a reason he's been starting over fortin. Fortin is not much of a passer and even though Jefferson isn't a great thrower he's better than fortin. Also take into account fortin hasn't played against an sec defense in a road game.

DownwardDawg
10-03-2022, 01:43 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me?!!!

If this kid was that good he'd be the starting QB.

Some of y'all need to fix this inferiority complex y'all have.

Man!!! Please try to chill. You sound so uptight and obviously didn't even understand my post.
Let me try to simplify my thought.....

I really wish Jefferson was starting. Jefferson is bad and doesn't scare anybody.
As a fan, I was looking forward to our team going up against him.
I don't know ANYTHING about his replacement, so I don't feel as confident simply because he's an unknown and it may change their offense. He may really suck and we may have an even bigger advantage, but I was just going with the know variable.
Hopefully that helps those that like to think the worst about other peoples posts.

WPS
10-03-2022, 01:49 PM
Jefferson is tough and a great runner. They're gonna lose some of the option game with him out and there's a reason he's been starting over fortin. Fortin is not much of a passer and even though Jefferson isn't a great thrower he's better than fortin. Also take into account fortin hasn't played against an sec defense in a road game.

Jefferson hasn't been quite as good as he was last year but is still putting up pretty solid numbers and is having to do more with no Burks to throw to. Arkansas fans haven't been thrilled with Briles' playcalling this year either.

This weekend may get ugly. Fortin didn't even start at USF and Arkansas' only other option is Malik Hornsby who is super fast but can't throw at all and has been playing some WR so I would expect a lot of running the ball.

Johnson85
10-03-2022, 01:53 PM

But is he fast? Even though Jefferson is good runner, I think he's an ok matchup for us. He's not so fast that our LBs can't keep up with him. Much less confident that we can handle a speedier QB, even if the faster QB is a worse thrower.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 01:55 PM
Jefferson hasn't been quite as good as he was last year but is still putting up pretty solid numbers and is having to do more with no Burks to throw to. Arkansas fans haven't been thrilled with Briles' playcalling this year either.

This weekend may get ugly. Fortin didn't even start at USF and Arkansas' only other option is Malik Hornsby who is super fast but can't throw at all and has been playing some WR so I would expect a lot of running the ball.

I know losing Burks was huge. Always thought Jefferson was a tough kid and excellent runner.

ETA Jefferson gives y'all the best chance to win sec games imo.

Tripp McNeely
10-03-2022, 02:09 PM
The line has already moved to -7

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 02:14 PM
Man!!! Please try to chill. You sound so uptight and obviously didn't even understand my post.
Let me try to simplify my thought.....

I really wish Jefferson was starting. Jefferson is bad and doesn't scare anybody.
As a fan, I was looking forward to our team going up against him.
I don't know ANYTHING about his replacement, so I don't feel as confident simply because he's an unknown and it may change their offense. He may really suck and we may have an even bigger advantage, but I was just going with the know variable.
Hopefully that helps those that like to think the worst about other peoples posts.

Dude, your post wreaked of a drag queen level freak out over a backup QB that has never taken a snap in the SEC.

Post better.

Captain Falcon
10-03-2022, 02:22 PM
Arkansas?s strength is the run even with Jefferson. Their WR?s are fine but probably a step below what we saw from LSU and A&M, and there is no Burks. I think you have to make run stopping your top priority regardless. They ran for over 200 on us in Fayetteville last year, that doesn?t need to happen again.

They remind me of a stereotypical Dan Mullen MSU team. Contain the run and we will probably be fine

DownwardDawg
10-03-2022, 02:29 PM
Dude, your post wreaked of a drag queen level freak out over a backup QB that has never taken a snap in the SEC.

Post better.

I guess it did to you since that's how you think, but carry on.

Something has happened to this board. The members have lost their ability to have a civil discussion. You can't ask a question or make a post anymore without going through a mental checklist to determine who/ how many you are going to offend or how your post is going to be so misinterpreted.

Desoto1967
10-03-2022, 02:46 PM
The Score App has -8.5

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 03:25 PM

Something has happened to this board. The members have lost their ability to have a civil discussion. You can't ask a question or make a post anymore without going through a mental checklist to determine who/ how many you are going to offend or how your post is going to be so misinterpreted.

Brother, I'm not the one posting a freak out on a backup QB we are facing (maybe?).

You posted that Jefferson sucks so this change up is not good for us.

How?

Like I posted if this Cade guy was that good Jefferson would be the one riding the bench.

I'm really not trying to be an ass, I swear, but it's what you posted.

PikeDawg15
10-03-2022, 03:41 PM

Dude's first start with about 40,000+ cowbells isn't going to be a walk in the park.

After last week our fan base is excited.

I will say about 55-58k because its an 11am

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 03:44 PM
After last week our fan base is excited.

I will say about 55-58k because its an 11am

Yeah, I spoke to a couple of fence sitters that haven't been to a game in a couple of years and they are hyped. They plan on being there.

I'd say a good 52K, at the very least, will be there.

Tbonewannabe
10-03-2022, 03:58 PM
Arkansas?s strength is the run even with Jefferson. Their WR?s are fine but probably a step below what we saw from LSU and A&M, and there is no Burks. I think you have to make run stopping your top priority regardless. They ran for over 200 on us in Fayetteville last year, that doesn?t need to happen again.

They remind me of a stereotypical Dan Mullen MSU team. Contain the run and we will probably be fine

Also, just a reminder but we beat them in Fayetteville last year. It just so happened that the refs decided to give Arkansas extra downs at the end of the game.

basedog
10-03-2022, 04:00 PM
We all know the backup Qb is always the better player*

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 04:01 PM

Every single time!

Todd4State
10-03-2022, 04:11 PM

Most popular man in Starkville.**

FISHDAWG
10-03-2022, 04:21 PM

Yep ... the thing for me is this win will come with an asterisk because their starting QB is out ... but I'll still take the advantage because in 2-3 years folks will have forgotten that caveat

SteelCurtain74
10-03-2022, 04:52 PM
Also, just a reminder but we beat them in Fayetteville last year. It just so happened that the refs decided to give Arkansas extra downs at the end of the game.

We also missed 3 FGs so it wasn't all on the refs as to why we lost.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-03-2022, 05:15 PM

The RAT can show up any time when you least expect it. That's what makes him so dangerous.

Biguglyjoe
10-03-2022, 05:22 PM
Yep ... the thing for me is this win will come with an asterisk because their starting QB is out ... but I'll still take the advantage because in 2-3 years folks will have forgotten that caveat

If we lose do we get an asterisk because we are playing without our best D lineman? Injuries are a part of football.

Cowbell
10-03-2022, 05:24 PM

Easy way to take a week off with pay

Cowbell
10-03-2022, 05:26 PM

You win the day!!!

DownwardDawg
10-03-2022, 05:30 PM
Nm

EdwardDrayton
10-03-2022, 05:39 PM

Well played 24! (Deserves a rep but all out!)

EdwardDrayton
10-03-2022, 05:41 PM

To think grown men do this to innocent folks. Shameful.

FISHDAWG
10-03-2022, 06:24 PM
If we lose do we get an asterisk because we are playing without our best D lineman? Injuries are a part of football.

I. In The eyes of the media, using a second string DL isn't as bad as using your second string QB

Biguglyjoe
10-03-2022, 06:31 PM
I. In The eyes of the media, using a second string DL isn't as bad as using your second string QB

It's still a key player whose absence could have an impact on whether we win or lose. I guarantee you Arkansas won't feel like they didn't get our best shot. Ellis Johnson got us to a bowl game in 2007 in spite of the Croom Coast Offense. #DLPlayersMatter

Coach34
10-03-2022, 08:05 PM
The Score App has -8.5

I hit it hard while it was still at -6.5 but it was -120

Percho
10-03-2022, 08:58 PM
I went outside and looked. The sky hasn't fallen!

HailState

parabrave
10-03-2022, 10:27 PM

And don't forget our MLB for a half is out also.

BulldogBear
10-03-2022, 11:53 PM

Negative. Other schools get to asterisk a loss to MSU, not the other way around. See traditional top college football consistent powerhouses like TAMU and Ole Miss for references.*

Lord McBuckethead
10-04-2022, 12:10 AM
If our defensive coaches are not teaching our DEs to absolutely kill any qb riding a RB on a run option play regardless if he hands it off or not, we are allowing the QB too much control over the play. During the mesh, the qb is not defenseless nor are they a passer, take the direct path and hit them in the ribs because it literally is a free shot. DE always take the QB and let the LB take the RB.

Switch it up every so often so they can?t scheme the blocking.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2022, 08:48 AM
If our defensive coaches are not teaching our DEs to absolutely kill any qb riding a RB on a run option play regardless if he hands it off or not, we are allowing the QB too much control over the play. During the mesh, the qb is not defenseless nor are they a passer, take the direct path and hit them in the ribs because it literally is a free shot. DE always take the QB and let the LB take the RB.

Switch it up every so often so they can?t scheme the blocking.

Yep! Take out the QB on an option read first. Punish him.

This is where I hope we have Russell and Davis in

Lord McBuckethead
10-04-2022, 05:46 PM
I mean it makes way too much sense, if you hesitate you lose leverage. Once you see the qb riding the rb, the DE needs to hit and tackle the qb every single time. Coaches will not want to put their qb through 12-15 additional crushing hits per game and they will stop calling read option plays all together.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2022, 05:54 PM
I mean it makes way too much sense, if you hesitate you lose leverage. Once you see the qb riding the rb, the DE needs to hit and tackle the qb every single time. Coaches will not want to put their qb through 12-15 additional crushing hits per game and they will stop calling read option plays all together.

Yep!

Coach34
10-04-2022, 07:25 PM

If you do that then the OT blocks the LB and the RB gashes your D. Teams have gone to a lot of gap exchange whereas the DE closes and takes RB and the LB slides out to take QB. They do other shit too but that’s the best way to play it defensively.

What gives me the most problems are teams that really attack the mesh and force my QB into a quick decision. My current QB almost always makes the wrong read so I quit running it. Now we are on designed runs and keeps with a ton more split zone

HancockCountyDog
10-04-2022, 07:36 PM
The line has already moved to -7

Some on here tried to tell you that -4 was a gift.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2022, 08:36 AM
I believe today is the day that we find out if KJ is a go. If he doesn't practice, he's out

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-05-2022, 08:46 AM
At least that's what I see on the hawgs board. Anybody else reading that?

No reason we shouldn't win by 2 or 3 touchdowns

Santiago
10-05-2022, 09:10 AM
If you do that then the OT blocks the LB and the RB gashes your D. Teams have gone to a lot of gap exchange whereas the DE closes and takes RB and the LB slides out to take QB. They do other shit too but that?s the best way to play it defensively.

What gives me the most problems are teams that really attack the mesh and force my QB into a quick decision. My current QB almost always makes the wrong read so I quit running it. Now we are on designed runs and keeps with a ton more split zone

McBuckethead had a good point perhaps, that in College, a qb taking 15 more hits every time he rides the hand off, in the SEC, is just asking for injury. Does that not give a QB something to think about and hesitate each time he runs it? I don't know, but asking in general.

TrapGame
10-05-2022, 09:42 AM
Word on Hogville.com is Malik Hornsby has beat Fortin out to start Saturday. He's a runner not a passer.

The Hog insiders are saying b/c of the Tua Fiasco KJ will NOT play Saturday. Pittman is not taking a chance.

HancockCountyDog
10-05-2022, 09:47 AM
Word on Hogville.com is Malik Hornsby has beat Fortin out to start Saturday. He's a runner not a passer.

The Hog insiders are saying b/c of the Tua Fiasco KJ will NOT play Saturday. Pittman is not taking a chance.

If we are facing Hornsby, I would genuinely lay 14 points.

Coach34
10-05-2022, 09:49 AM
Once he went into protocol there was no way he was playing this week.

WPS
10-05-2022, 10:24 AM

I don't think Hogville would know anything either way. I don't expect KJ to play though.

I would expect Fortin to get the start but for there to be packages for Hornsby for sure. Briles might have to pull everything out of the playbook in this one. Normally our fans hate the double reverse passes and trick plays he does but this might be a time to justify it lol

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2022, 10:56 AM
All of the Arky practice videos I've seen this week primarily show Hornsby in drills, skelly etc. Not much of the other guy. I'm sure Briles and Pittman know what a mobile QB does vs our LBs. I hope it's Fortin if KJ can't go.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2022, 11:00 AM
All of the Arky practice videos I've seen this week primarily show Hornsby in drills, skelly etc. Not much of the other guy. I'm sure Briles and Pittman know what a mobile QB does vs our LBs. I hope it's Fortin if KJ can't go.

I can agree with that

TrapGame
10-05-2022, 11:17 AM

And he can't throw for shit. His legs are it. It looks like the game plan is to make it a ground game against us with Hornsby and Rocket. Load the box and let our back end cover the receivers.

WPS
10-05-2022, 11:45 AM
And he can't throw for shit. His legs are it. It looks like the game plan is to make it a ground game against us with Hornsby and Rocket. Load the box and let our back end cover the receivers.

Might be the Lynn Bowden Kentucky gameplan lol

ZedFedder
10-05-2022, 11:48 AM
It wouldn’t surprise me if Pittman played Fortin last week knowing that Hornsby would go against us as a diversion.

PikeDawg15
10-05-2022, 12:50 PM

Jayden Daniels cant either....

I hope we have the same defensive gameplan that auburn had against LSU if Hornsby is playing, they are very similar.

TrapGame
10-05-2022, 12:52 PM
It wouldn’t surprise me if Pittman played Fortin last week knowing that Hornsby would go against us as a diversion.

Doesn't matter.

Leach said in his press conference Monday that they already know what KJ can do so they are looking at film for the other two quarterbacks.

Mike Leach ain't no dummy.

TrapGame
10-05-2022, 12:56 PM

I hope we have the same defensive gameplan that auburn had against LSU if Hornsby is playing, they are very similar.

Arnett has already taken the blame for that one. He said he did not adjust the defense to Daniels escape routes. That was on him. He said that's not going to happen again.

Outside of a few runs from Haynes King it's worked.

Commercecomet24
10-05-2022, 03:22 PM
Doesn't matter.

Leach said in his press conference Monday that they already know what KJ can do so they are looking at film for the other two quarterbacks.

Mike Leach ain't no dummy.

This. Heck if we all know about the situation you know good and well the staff does too.

TrapGame
10-06-2022, 08:37 AM
Heard Pittman say yesterday that KJ did practice "some" (took a few snaps) and will make the trip to Starkvegas but it's a day by day thing.

msstate7
10-06-2022, 10:06 AM
Heard Pittman say yesterday that KJ did practice "some" (took a few snaps) and will make the trip to Starkvegas but it's a day by day thing.

Then there's the question of if he clears protocol, could you run him like you normally would? I don't think you can play him if he can't run like normal.

Johnson85
10-06-2022, 10:17 AM

I don't know if Daniels can't throw, but our problem is you don't have to be a great thrower to hit receivers that are open because you've extended the play long enough for coverage to break down. I don't think a bad thrower can consistently beat us with his legs, but I think he'll be able to do enough that it will be dangerous for us if we start slowly or have an early turnover. Just can't spot them a lead where they can afford to ground and pound and burn clock.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2022, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I don't think it's a concussion thing

TrapGame
10-06-2022, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I don't think it's a concussion thing

You think it's gamesmanship?

Could be.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2022, 10:35 AM
In watching the film of Ark v Bama, they run blocked pretty good vs Bama. You know Bama has some men in the front 7 too. So I'm more worried about them running and running on us. Fortin is a 50% passer. So hopefully we can key on the run and take some chances with man coverage.

This will be a tough win regardless of their QB.

TrapGame
10-06-2022, 10:42 AM
In watching the film of Ark v Bama, they run blocked pretty good vs Bama. You know Bama has some men in the front 7 too. So I'm more worried about them running and running on us. Fortin is a 50% passer. So hopefully we can key on the run and take some chances with man coverage.

I'm kind of wondering now if this KJ thing is a way for Pittman to rally the troops after the Bama let down. They put a lot into that Bama game.

Maverick91
10-06-2022, 10:42 AM

This is where State having Leach sets us apart from where we used to be. Arky is State under Mullen. State was fine if the other teams offense didn?t get ahead by two touchdowns. But once that happened we really didn?t have the explosive ability to catch up.

I hope that?s the position we put arky in come 48 hours from now. This game is more about our offense executed like it can. If we do, I really don?t care how well they run outside of it?s going to piss me off that we didn?t stop them. They won?t be able to catch us and they will eventually be forced to throw more than they are comfortable?. All hail pick six?s!

But we will see.

BlackSailsDawg
10-06-2022, 10:43 AM
You think it's gamesmanship?

Could be.

No, I thinks its a different type of injury

Tbonewannabe
10-06-2022, 10:52 AM
We also missed 3 FGs so it wasn't all on the refs as to why we lost.

No but holding them on 4th down with a lead and the refs throwing a bullshit pass interference that takes the ball away from us in victory formation decided the game. We could have still held them 4 more plays and won but we shouldn't have had to. A pass interference when the DB is 3 yards behind the WR who dropped the ball isn't a pass interference.

TrapGame
10-06-2022, 11:00 AM

Well, that's interesting.

TrapGame
10-06-2022, 11:18 AM

I see.

There's some speculation it's his throwing shoulder and not his head.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2022, 11:56 AM
Nevermind.

WPS
10-06-2022, 01:06 PM
This is where State having Leach sets us apart from where we used to be. Arky is State under Mullen. State was fine if the other teams offense didn?t get ahead by two touchdowns. But once that happened we really didn?t have the explosive ability to catch up.

I hope that?s the position we put arky in come 48 hours from now. This game is more about our offense executed like it can. If we do, I really don?t care how well they run outside of it?s going to piss me off that we didn?t stop them. They won?t be able to catch us and they will eventually be forced to throw more than they are comfortable?. All hail pick six?s!

But we will see.

A lot of Arkansas fans' frustration with Briles is that we go into a conservative shell with a lead and it's the reason we rarely ever blow anyone out. We'll go up like 17-0 but let other teams back in it with countless runs up the middle and punt in three plays. Then when we're behind, the offense looks amazing because we are actually forced to open it up and run a normal offense with some deep shots down the field. The 52-51 Ole Miss game and 42-35 game against Alabama last season were examples of that and showed that the offense can be explosive when we're not just trying to play keep-away the entire game.

Maverick91
10-06-2022, 03:45 PM
A lot of Arkansas fans' frustration with Briles is that we go into a conservative shell with a lead and it's the reason we rarely ever blow anyone out. We'll go up like 17-0 but let other teams back in it with countless runs up the middle and punt in three plays. Then when we're behind, the offense looks amazing because we are actually forced to open it up and run a normal offense with some deep shots down the field. The 52-51 Ole Miss game and 42-35 game against Alabama last season were examples of that and showed that the offense can be explosive when we're not just trying to play keep-away the entire game.

Good post - but does arky have that fire power this year? Burks alone had 136 v pisspore U and like 170ish v Bama.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2022, 03:50 PM
I see.

There's some speculation it's his throwing shoulder and not his head.

It maybe his shoulder too. He took a nasty blow to head against bama. It maybe both head and shoulder.

Maverick91
10-06-2022, 04:09 PM
It maybe his shoulder too. He took a nasty blow to head against bama. It maybe both head and shoulder.

Knees and toes knees