PDA

View Full Version : I swear Stricklin needs to stay off of Twitter.

Thick
11-25-2013, 07:13 PM
56 minutes ago....."Eyes of nation will be watching Thanksgiving #Eggbowl. Please help protect our tradition and ring your cowbell responsibly".

Egg bowl week, 5-6, playing for a bowl bid in front of a national audience, and he's worried about our fans ringing responsibly. He should be hoping that DWS is going to sound like a war zone, and the fans are going ape shit crazy. He should be worried about the function of the Jumbotron, and let the fans be fans!!

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Dude I just started a thread about the exact same thing. I saw it too. I'm glad there's still some folks out there who bring em and ring em the good ol way no matter what. Pisses me off so bad when people just act like sheep and follow the rule. Its the most bullshit rule in sports

Thick
11-25-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that everyone understands how to ring responsibly, especially when it pasted on the Jumbotron in between ads.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:27 PM
I ring mine every play on defense no matter what. That's me. I wont look down on anybody else for not doing it but the ones that do, i salute you

RougeDawg
11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Dude I just started a thread about the exact same thing. I saw it too. I'm glad there's still some folks out there who bring em and ring em the good ol way no matter what. Pisses me off so bad when people just act like sheep and follow the rule. Its the most bullshit rule in sports

The people that really piss me off are those that ring responsibly and don't yell when they stop ringing. The entire stadium yelling in unison is just as loud, is not more loud, than everyone ringing bells. Yelling sound is directed toward the field. Most of the bell sound is directed upward into the air. Both are loud, but ***** fans that can only ring and not yell are the real problem.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:35 PM
The people that really piss me off are those that ring responsibly and don't yell when they stop ringing. The entire stadium yelling in unison is just as loud, is not more loud, than everyone ringing bells. Yelling sound is directed toward the field. Most of the bell sound is directed upward into the air. Both are loud, but ***** fans that can only ring and not yell are the real problem.

Exactly. I do both. The ones that just sit there are the same damn ones, I promise you, that turn around and give the folks that do, go to hell looks. Like they're better than them.

Will James
11-25-2013, 07:35 PM
More Stricklin mush. Pathetic, no fire in the belly, winning isn't the most important........

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:37 PM
More Stricklin mush. Pathetic, no fire in the belly, winning isn't the most important........

Yup its pathetic. Wants us to follow a bullshit rule but doesn't take the time to take the 5000000000 thousand billion unbearable commercials off the jumbotron.

Dawg61
11-25-2013, 07:44 PM
I think everyone should stand for the entire game in defiance

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:05 PM
This is a very very good thread!!! I have agreed with almost everything said on every post on this thread.

Bark
11-25-2013, 08:09 PM
This is a very very good thread!!! I have agreed with almost everything said on every post on this thread.

Seriously mods...it's time

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 08:10 PM

Me too, have no idea why people hate on you some times, we seem to think alike ha

Biguglyjoe
11-25-2013, 08:17 PM

B-I-N-G-O

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Me too, have no idea why people hate on you some times, we seem to think alike ha

Because...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/556/791/71a.png

Bark
11-25-2013, 08:21 PM

It's not that I don't agree with what is being said. It's the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on every post regardless of the situation. It just comes off as sarcastic and trollish to me but carry on.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Seriously mods...it's time

It certainly is... Time for you to go. You have 40 posts... Not a single one added anything to this forum. They have mostly all been snide and stupid little comments directed towards others. Find somewhere else to go where they don't mind stupidity.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:24 PM
It's not that I don't agree with what is being said. It's the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on every post regardless of the situation. It just comes off as sarcastic and trollish to me but carry on.

seriously? Trollish? you have 40 useless posts and you call me trollish. by the way, why does the exclamation point bother you?

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Because...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/556/791/71a.png

GOLD

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
If I am being sarcastic you will see these **

missouridawg
11-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Something to think about in regards to Stricklin....

If we lose Thursday, does Scott keep his job?

If we lose the right to cowbells, does he keep his job? I know it's speculation, but I think the backlash on losing cowbells would be much worse than a loss to OM on Thursday.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Something to think about in regards to Stricklin....

If we lose Thursday, does Scott keep his job?

If we lose the right to cowbells, does he keep his job? I know it's speculation, but I think the backlash on losing cowbells would be much worse than a loss to OM on Thursday.

Mississippi State University will never lose the cowbells.

Bark
11-25-2013, 08:56 PM
It certainly is... Time for you to go. You have 40 posts... Not a single one added anything to this forum. They have mostly all been snide and stupid little comments directed towards others. Find somewhere else to go where they don't mind stupidity.

Yeah? 40 posts!!!!! Sorry that every time I have a thought, I don't run to the keyboard so everybody can share in my deep thoughts!!!! I happen to like reading more than posting...so what?!!!!!!!!!!! Btw preach, you said that all I ever do is make snide comments and you just called me stupid!!!!!!!!!!! Please just take a break from posting!!!!!!!!! Like forever!!!!!!!! Nobody likes you here anyway so maybe you're the one who needs to find a new home!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew glad that's over. How in the world do you do that? I feel like I was yelling the whole time.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
http://gifs.gifmania.co.il/Animated-Gifs-Animated-Letters/Animations-Punctuation-Marks/Images-Exclamation-mark/exclamation-mark104.gif

Drugdog
11-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Thick what can u expect from our Penny loafer,cheer leading , JP alumni, commercial loving AD?

DanDority
11-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Don't know how to tweet, but if I did I #resignScottSticklin do the right thing fall on your sword. Don't know if I did it correctly or not

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Don't know how to tweet, but if I did I #resignScottSticklin do the right thing fall on your sword. Don't know if I did it correctly or not

perfect bro!!

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 10:04 PM
perfect bro!!

my bad, forgot about the exclamation points being against the rules now.. it should have read " perfect bro."

FlabLoser
11-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Cowbells are a crutch. Yelling with cupped hands pointed to the field is a lot louder *on*the*field*. Directional sound n shit.

Cowbells are louder in the stands because the sound projects in all directions.

The 2010 Arkansas game was our loudest and also the most responsibly rung game.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Mississippi State University will never lose the cowbells.

There may come a day when they set up metal detectors and confiscate them all. If the SEC ever decides to do this, we will be powerless to stop this. Granted, they probably won't actually go this far unless they demonstrably affect the outcome of a game, or if one is used to seriously hurt someone that doesn't quietly let it go like the 2007 cowbell assault did, but it's always possibly.

What I don't get is why internet badasses like to come on here and brag about how they like to break the rules. Are you 14 years old?

Yossarian
11-26-2013, 07:42 AM
And how would losing the cowbells be Stricklin's fault? It appears that he is trying to avoid their being banned. I agree on the commercials.....and hot dogs. Is that the only tweet that he has done regarding the Egg Bowl?

EEdawg15
11-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Speaking of Stricklin, did anyone hear his last comment on H2H yesterday evening?

lachepas565
11-26-2013, 09:41 AM
I wonder if he is hearing from the league office on this. ESPN made the point of showing the Alabama player with earplugs in - when Alabama gets pissed off, the SEC jumps into action.

Bass Chaser
11-26-2013, 09:51 AM
The loudest I have ever heard the cowbells was at the Music City Bowl. I don't remember hearing the refs or the PA guy.

Biguglyjoe
11-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Speaking of Stricklin, did anyone hear his last comment on H2H yesterday evening?

No. Did you?

EEdawg15
11-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Yes, I did. Although I don't remember the exact wording, he reminded people of the "ring responsibly". Then he said that some other members in our conference were more fervor in opposition to the cowbells and he(Stricklin) does not want our fans to give those other AD's and schools ammo to use against cowbells.

TaxmanMSU
11-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Cowbells are a crutch. Yelling with cupped hands pointed to the field is a lot louder *on*the*field*. Directional sound n shit.

THIS ^

Cowbells are an annoyance at best, I'll defend everyone's right to ring them at the right times...But for the love of God, YELL!

There's no reason why we can't have everyone yelling at the same time and not make a serious impact on the game. Add in cowbells and it'll like it's supposed to be at DWS.

Biguglyjoe
11-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Yes, I did. Although I don't remember the exact wording, he reminded people of the "ring responsibly". Then he said that some other members in our conference were more fervor in opposition to the cowbells and he(Stricklin) does not want our fans to give those other AD's and schools ammo to use against cowbells.

Like others have said, I'm betting it's Alabama. Keep in mind that Les Miles has spoken out against them from the get-go.

smootness
11-26-2013, 10:29 AM
And how would losing the cowbells be Stricklin's fault?

It wouldn't, but people are, by nature, dumb.

The same people saying, 'I'll ring my bell whenever I want to!' are the same people who would blame Stricklin if they're banned. So I'll do what I want, and if somebody has a problem with it, it's on you! It's sound logic.

ED_Walk_On
11-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Egg bowl week, 5-6, playing for a bowl bid in front of a national audience, and he's worried about our fans ringing responsibly.

Probably because he's catching hell from the conference because our idiot fans can't follow a simple instruction. You know, we can ring the bells up to a couple seconds before the snap and no one cares. But our awesome fans even ring the bells on offense. Not only do we make noise on offense, like we've never attended a game before, but we do it illegally.

ED_Walk_On
11-26-2013, 11:01 AM

This. The loudest DWS has ever been was that season when dan would give the ring responsibly speeches before the game, because people actually concentrated on yelling. But that won't happen this week, because the good ole boys are sticking it to the man.

RougeDawg
11-26-2013, 11:50 AM

Yes. Been trying to get the blue haired pansies around me to realize this and get off their fat asses for years now. At first the people immediately around me disliked me for standing, yelling, and calling them out. Now the majority in the area stand and yell most of the time. It takes time but we can change the in game attitudes of those around us. Most games I put my bell down after kickoff, and only ring on TD's if I ring at all.

hells bells
11-26-2013, 11:54 AM
56 minutes ago....."Eyes of nation will be watching Thanksgiving #Eggbowl. Please help protect our tradition and ring your cowbell responsibly".

Egg bowl week, 5-6, playing for a bowl bid in front of a national audience, and he's worried about our fans ringing responsibly. He should be hoping that DWS is going to sound like a war zone, and the fans are going ape shit crazy. He should be worried about the function of the Jumbotron, and let the fans be fans!!

Dear Scotty, I will ring my artificial noise maker responsibly. During all Bulldog offensive possesions I will place my artificial noise maker under my seat. All other times I will use it until my arm falls off or sunshines hair bleeds at the tips.

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 12:02 PM
There may come a day when they set up metal detectors and confiscate them all. If the SEC ever decides to do this, we will be powerless to stop this. Granted, they probably won't actually go this far unless they demonstrably affect the outcome of a game, or if one is used to seriously hurt someone that doesn't quietly let it go like the 2007 cowbell assault did, but it's always possibly.

What I don't get is why internet badasses like to come on here and brag about how they like to break the rules. Are you 14 years old?

Im not bragging about breaking the rules, im saying im gonna ring mine when and if they are ever banned because that's what I want and choose to do. Its tradition. I rang mine when they were ''banned'', I'll ring mine if they get banned again. If you people actually think that just clapping and yelling like every other school is better than those two, plus ringing the cowbell then that's just being ignorant. I've been down on the field. I know.

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Dear Scotty, I will ring my artificial noise maker responsibly. During all Bulldog offensive possesions I will place my artificial noise maker under my seat. All other times I will use it until my arm falls off or sunshines hair bleeds at the tips.

GOLD

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 12:06 PM
This. The loudest DWS has ever been was that season when dan would give the ring responsibly speeches before the game, because people actually concentrated on yelling. But that won't happen this week, because the good ole boys are sticking it to the man.

Im just gonna start doing the same thing that people on here do too me when I have a different opinion than them. Your a troll man. ****ing troll. I mean look at that name but its totally a troll name.******* In all seriousness, I ring mine every play on defense. If they get banned, I'll ring mine then just like I did when they were ''banned'' before. I wouldn't blame Stricklin for anything

ED_Walk_On
11-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Im just gonna start doing the same thing that people on here do too me when I have a different opinion than them. Your a troll man. ****ing troll. I mean look at that name but its totally a troll name.******* In all seriousness, I ring mine every play on defense. If they get banned, I'll ring mine then just like I did when they were ''banned'' before. I wouldn't blame Stricklin for anything

Well if ringing at the right times and yelling loudly as one unit and actually doing the right thing that actually works better makes me a troll, then I am a huuuuuuuge troll. You are right.

Pollodawg
11-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Piss on that. Ring that baby until your arm's about to fall off.

smootness
11-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Im not bragging about breaking the rules, im saying im gonna ring mine when and if they are ever banned because that's what I want and choose to do. Its tradition. I rang mine when they were ''banned'', I'll ring mine if they get banned again. If you people actually think that just clapping and yelling like every other school is better than those two, plus ringing the cowbell then that's just being ignorant. I've been down on the field. I know.

You're missing something, and that is that if they are banned again, you won't have the option of bringing it into the stadium unless you're extremely good at hiding it. When it was brought up at the conference meetings a few years ago, they were already 'banned' but the reason they brought it up again was because it wasn't working. If they decide to ban them in the future, they will take measures to ensure they aren't brought into the stadium. My guess is that they would institute penalties on State if they are brought into games, and that would force State to institute measures to make sure people aren't bringing them in.

It won't be like it was before, that is my point. The reason we had to compromise on when we could ring them is because they were planning to take them away completely, even though they were already 'banned'.

ED_Walk_On
11-26-2013, 02:42 PM
If they decide to ban them in the future, they will take measures to ensure they aren't brought into the stadium.

Naw mayun. It's tradishun so ring anywayz an evrythang will be aight. Stick it to the mayun!!!!