PDA

View Full Version : Should we slow the hype train just a bit.

Cowbell
10-03-2022, 09:47 AM
Saturday was awesome! We made adjustments and ran the ball at will. We have three really quality backs and an oline that is finally putting it together. Finally played a game well in all three phases.

I've still got concerns though. For some reason I have feelings of that auburn game of the Moorhead era where he took his coaching pills and then forgot them every week after that.

Are we going to continue to run the ball like that? Was A&M way overrated to begin the season (yes)? Because they looked bad Saturday. Im just pumping the breaks a little. We beat a better Aggie team in college station and then still crapped the bed later in the season. I am cautiously optimistic though. Does anybody else share the same feelings?

Hambone
10-03-2022, 09:49 AM
I feel like with Leach every week is an adventure.

Catfish
10-03-2022, 09:55 AM
One game at a time, then we'll see where we're at.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 09:55 AM
Nothings ever a given in the SEC(unless you're bama, lol), but this team seems to have some swagger to it. It says a lot when we crapped the bed against LSU and then to come out and absolutely dominate a very talented sec team. To me it shows leadership and maturity of both staff and players. Lot of season left to play but optimistic about where we are as a team. I'm realistic though and don't expect us to 10 or 11 games during the regular season but we can win 8 or 9 and give bama and uga heck too.

PikeDawg15
10-03-2022, 09:57 AM
Saturday was awesome! We made adjustments and ran the ball at will. We have three really quality backs and an oline that is finally putting it together. Finally played a game well in all three phases.

I've still got concerns though. For some reason I have feelings of that auburn game of the Moorhead era where he took his coaching pills and then forgot them every week after that.

Are we going to continue to run the ball like that? Was A&M way overrated to begin the season (yes)? Because they looked bad Saturday. Im just pumping the breaks a little. We beat a better Aggie team in college station and then still crapped the bed later in the season. I am cautiously optimistic though. Does anybody else share the same feelings?

The Sec is worse than it was last year.

Ole Miss is worse
Arkansas is worse
Texas A$M is worse
Auburn is worse
Kentucky is slightly worse
South carolina is worse
Georgia is worse
Alabama will just be Alabama

I have the same thoughts as you about slowing the hype train but I think the LSU game was the "Leach Game"

I have been sounding the alarm on Arkansas all offseason about them being overhyped and have always thought we would win it.

Arkansas lost all of those 6th year seniors on defense and its now showing.

I think the players have had a full reset after the LSU game and have finally realized you have to play as a team to win. The blocking by the running backs saturday was absolutely phenomenal.

9-3 is there if WE want to take it. Nobody can take that from us. WE are the only ones that can stop Mississippi State outside of Alabama and Georgia.

PikeDawg15
10-03-2022, 10:00 AM
Nothings ever a given in the SEC(unless you're bama, lol), but this team seems to have some swagger to it. It says a lot when we crapped the bed against LSU and then to come out and absolutely dominate a very talented sec team. To me it shows leadership and maturity of both staff and players. Lot of season left to play but optimistic about where we are as a team. I'm realistic though and don't expect us to 10 or 11 games during the regular season but we can win 8 or 9 and give bama and uga heck too.

We wont see many Defenses even close to A$M with that talent on it. They have the same talent on that defense as georgia and alabama.

Nobody else on our schedule has that kind of defensive talent.

The best defense we will see for the rest of the season not named bama or georgia is Auburn. But Auburns offense is about the same as A$M's outside of a scrambling qb but they will have fired their coach by then and we will be in davis wade for it.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 10:04 AM

What hype train? Not seen a Hype train! Hype train would be winning it all!

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 10:10 AM

It's called not being Bama but playing the SEC.

Georgia got a rude awakening in Como. The UGA fans are livid over that performance.

AU thought they had LSU. A signature win for Harsin. Then their hopes evaporated like Harsin's chances of being AU's head coach next year.

Playing in the SEC is a bitch.

Quaoarsking
10-03-2022, 10:15 AM
No, let's speed up the hype train and take some pride in ourselves as a fanbase for once!

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 10:18 AM
It's called not being Bama but playing the SEC.

Georgia got a rude awakening in Como. The UGA fans are livid over that performance.

AU thought they had LSU. A signature win for Harsin. Then their hopes evaporated like Harsin's chances of being AU's head coach next year.

Playing in the SEC is a bitch.

This. I hate it when people say "we beat team x, but they're not very good this year"! EVERY SEC win is tough and EVERY SEC win is earned, especially road games. There's no gimmes in the SEC and even Vandy can be a tough out on occasion. You'll never hear me say we beat any sec team because they weren't very good this year. The SEC is a grind every single week.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 10:19 AM
No, let's speed up the hype train and take some pride in ourselves as a fanbase for once!

Bravo, sir! Have some rep!

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2022, 10:27 AM
I think we're a good team and only getting better. We aren't even playing our best ball yet and here is why:

1. Our OL is still figuring things out. Yes the OL was awesome on Saturday but there's no way that their best game is the first one with the new alignment. Also, when Dollar comes back, does he fill in a weakness and makes the line even better?

2. Our WRs are getting better. RaRa continues to assert himself more and more, we're getting the ball to Tulu more, and Will is looking down field more and more. However, on top of all that, it's not rocket science to see that Justin Robinson has an enormous ceiling. Saturday was basically his first game and surely he's going to continue to improve. It's not hard to forsee the combo of Rara, Tulu, Ducking, Walley, Robinson, Rufus, etc being one of the best WR corps in the country.

3. Crumedy isn't back yet. Our best DL hasn't even played yet this year and will be back down the stretch run.

All this to say, get excited. This team is only scratching the surface.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 10:31 AM
I think we're a good team and only getting better. We aren't even playing our best ball yet and here is why:

1. Our OL is still figuring things out. Yes the OL was awesome on Saturday but there's no way that their best game is the first one with the new alignment. Also, when Dollar comes back, does he fill in a weakness and makes the line even better?

2. Our WRs are getting better. RaRa continues to assert himself more and more, we're getting the ball to Tulu more, and Will is looking down field more and more. However, on top of all that, it's not rocket science to see that Justin Robinson has an enormous ceiling. Saturday was basically his first game and surely he's going to continue to improve. It's not hard to forsee the combo of Rara, Tulu, Ducking, Walley, Robinson, Rufus, etc being one of the best WR corps in the country.

3. Crumedy isn't back yet. Our best DL hasn't even played yet this year and will be back down the stretch run.

Excellent post!

dawgman15
10-03-2022, 10:31 AM

I bet Justin Robinson would really like a redo on the his would be td that got punched out by the db

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2022, 10:37 AM
I bet Justin Robinson would really like a redo on the his would be td that got punched out by the db

Did you see how high he jumped on that? His butt was at the defender's head. Unreal athlete

Matt3467
10-03-2022, 10:40 AM
I feel way better with Leach coaching this team than Moorhead. Moorhead teams were just depressing. Shades of Croom. Just look at Akron this year.

Hot Rock
10-03-2022, 10:41 AM

A&M has a horrible run defensive plan. Teams won't play us the same. So, no we won't run that much and nor should we unless they give us that much room to run.

This is the beauty of Leach's system once he gets it fully in place with the right QB. I am not sure if the QB is calling a lot of those runs at the line or not but I don't think our opponent knows either.

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 10:41 AM

Yes, sir. Good post Shotgun.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 10:42 AM
I feel way better with Leach coaching this team than Moorhead. Moorhead teams were just depressing. Shades of Croom. Just look at Akron this year.

Yes and Leach has a history of success in P5. He's won every where he's been so he knows how to win.

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 10:46 AM
A&M has a horrible run defensive plan. Teams won't play us the same. So, no we won't run that much and nor should we unless they give us that much room to run.

This is the beauty of Leach's system once he gets it fully in place with the right QB. I am not sure if the QB is calling a lot of those runs at the line or not but I don't think our opponent knows either.

Per Neal Price those runs are a mixture of design and QB choice. Yes, Leach and the offensive coaches actually installed designed runs during Fall camp. The two back set is to make the defense think about the run. Sometimes we run it out of the two back and sometimes we don't. It gives Will some extra protection too. Even Stinchcomb mentioned how our two back set was giving A&M problems.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2022, 10:47 AM

Unless the other team has elite pass rushers, I don't think the defense matters.

Bama & UGA have elite pass rushers, so those are the only two teams that should beat us following LSU, who also has elite pass rushers

msstate7
10-03-2022, 10:51 AM
Unless the other team has elite pass rushers, I don't think the defense matters.

Bama & UGA have elite pass rushers, so those are the only two teams that should beat us following LSU, who also has elite pass rushers

Ark has 4 guys in the top 10 in sec sacks. OM has 2 in the top 10. Auburn has 1. Bama has 1.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 10:56 AM

Isn't it funny how a lot of people on this board thought durkin "had us figured out and knew how to stop us". Apparently he didnt. If we execute it really doesn't matter what defense we're up against because Leach has plays to defeat any defense(yes even the 3-8). As with any offense if you face elite pass rushers and don't protect it will destroy your offense I don't care if you've got Mahomes back there(see super bowl against tampa bay). And I know everyone thinks Leach just has a few plays on his little card but if you've ever looked at his playbook(I've seen it because I have a friend who played for him at Valdosta State), you know it's way more than that because every route and play within his offense has multiple options based on the defensive looks. That's why it takes a cerebral qb and intelligent receivers to run it and why it can take until year 3 to get it down.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2022, 10:57 AM
Ark has 4 guys in the top 10 in sec sacks. OM has 2 in the top 10. Auburn has 1. Bama has 1.

OL better come ready & Will better know where the vacancy is. I don't see big time pass rushers on Ark or OM. My guess is that they're getting those through mostly blitzing which opens up holes.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2022, 10:59 AM
Arkansas has the 124th ranked pass defense in the country. So it's pretty clear that they're sending the house

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 11:04 AM
Arkansas has the 124th ranked pass defense in the country. So it's pretty clear that they're sending the house

This is exactly what they've been doing because they can't cover. Lot of man coverage which can mean big plays for this offense.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2022, 11:17 AM
I say everybody hype train their asses to the game. It was so much fun Saturday. These guys play hard and deserve to have a full stadium. Get off your asses and go. Go get in the woods after the game. It kickoff at 11;00.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 11:33 AM

This comment: For some reason I have feelings of that auburn game of the Moorhead era where he took his coaching pills and then forgot them every week after that.

We simply can not enjoy the process. Leach is doing more for MSU for less and with less than anybody in the SEC west. Just enjoy and encourage.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 11:35 AM

Dang straight! Look at people like JP, Russell... all these young people coming up!

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 11:38 AM

Was there a point in this?

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 11:40 AM
I say everybody hype train their asses to the game. It was so much fun Saturday. These guys play hard and deserve to have a full stadium. Get off your asses and go. Go get in the woods after the game. It kickoff at 11;00.

You nailed it, Jack. I love how hard these kids play! They may make some mistakes but gone are the loafing, non-hustling, bad attitude things we used to see under jomo. These kids are leaving it all on the field.

Maroonthirteen
10-03-2022, 11:40 AM

For real. Grab a shovel and throw some coal in the boiler. Let's get this train chugging. hype! hype! hype! We need a full stadium for Arkansas and Auburn.

msstate7
10-03-2022, 11:42 AM
Was there a point in this?

Maybe you should read the post it was a response to. Here, I'll make it easy for you...

Shotgun, "Unless the other team has elite pass rushers, I don't think the defense matters."

How do you find out who has elite pass rushers? Checking sack stats is a good place to start.

Cowbell
10-03-2022, 11:44 AM
Did you see how high he jumped on that? His butt was at the defender's head. Unreal athlete

Yes he's got big days ahead

Cowbell
10-03-2022, 11:46 AM

I'm trying to figure out a way to get there from Texas - big game

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 11:57 AM
Maybe you should read the post it was a response to. Here, I'll make it easy for you...

Shotgun, "Unless the other team has elite pass rushers, I don't think the defense matters."

How do you find out who has elite pass rushers? Checking sack stats is a good place to start.

Not really. TAMU had the "best" pass defense in the SEC. Did they really or is it who the played? Same with Ole Miss. They are a pretenders. They are not good. Not on defense, not on offense. Look at who they played!

That elite pass rushing Ark did what vs Bama? They had 1 sack. How many vs that epitome of GREATNESS Mizzou St? You remember the team they struggled with even though they had 8 sacks? Stats are only good when looking at the whole picture.

dawgday166
10-03-2022, 12:18 PM
Not really. TAMU had the "best" pass defense in the SEC. Did they really or is it who the played? Same with Ole Miss. They are a pretenders. They are not good. Not on defense, not on offense. Look at who they played!

That elite pass rushing Ark did what vs Bama? They had 1 sack. How many vs that epitome of GREATNESS Mizzou St? You remember the team they struggled with even though they had 8 sacks? Stats are only good when looking at the whole picture.

TAM has the 6th best overall and 8th vs conference pass defense. AU got after the QB pretty good the other night, however LSU's Oline is very young. But I did come away thinking AU had some dudes on defense.

Arky seems to get after QB good too. Not sure about KY and OM.

ETA: Here's my thoughts on the hype train. When we won baseball Natty, our fanbase was hopeful, but not hyped. And the underlying current is we would not win it all. When our fanbase gets hyped up, we always come crashing hard back to earth. Example ... LSU game this year. One game at a time is the best way to think about it IMO.

LC Dawg
10-03-2022, 12:31 PM
All I see is fans being excited about a big win and a big game coming up this weekend. If that's a hype train then I'm all for it.

msstate7
10-03-2022, 12:35 PM

If you say aTm is no good, then we've only played one good team, lsu.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 12:41 PM
TAM has the 6th best overall and 8th vs conference pass defense. AU got after the QB pretty good the other night, however LSU's Oline is very young. But I did come away thinking AU had some dudes on defense.

Arky seems to get after QB good too. .

Not prior to this weekend.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1576731049958469632

Prior to tamu playing us, they were top 10 in passing defense in the nation! Allowing only 102 yards per game.

Again, look at who those sacks came against. 14 of their 21 came against Mizzou st and South Carolina. The whole picture.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 12:49 PM
If you say aTm is no good, then we've only played one good team, lsu.

I am saying what is factual. Doesn't matter to me if they are good or not. They were the task at hand, and in looking at them, they had not faced a passing threat. I posted about this prior to the game. Per the stats, they were #10 in the nation allowing 102 yards passing per game. But again, look at who they played to gain those stats.

Just like in talking Ark coming to MSU with a mighty 21 sacks. Against whom? Mizzou st and South Carolina.... 14 of the 21 they have. Yes they made the plays and if our OL is as bad as those teams, then we have major concerns. I happen to think our OL is not as bad.

WPS
10-03-2022, 01:38 PM
OL better come ready & Will better know where the vacancy is. I don't see big time pass rushers on Ark or OM. My guess is that they're getting those through mostly blitzing which opens up holes.

Drew Sanders is pretty big time. He's been a hybrid edge rusher/LB for Arkansas but Todd McShay has him as a first round pick in his latest mock. The rest have been mostly 2-3 different guys.

The secondary has been so bad it's hard to comprehend. It's not even when Arkansas is blitzing that much, they're even getting beat on 3rd and 20 type plays. Injuries haven't helped but they've been horrible regardless...mainly the safeties. Dwight McGlothern has been good at CB but no one else back there has been any good.

Goldendawg
10-03-2022, 02:09 PM
Love "Dawgs Win Again" statement with a big smile at the end of this! (Hail State segment after game).

Maverick91
10-03-2022, 02:10 PM
I am saying what is factual. Doesn't matter to me if they are good or not. They were the task at hand, and in looking at them, they had not faced a passing threat. I posted about this prior to the game. Per the stats, they were #10 in the nation allowing 102 yards passing per game. But again, look at who they played to gain those stats.

Just like in talking Ark coming to MSU with a mighty 21 sacks. Against whom? Mizzou st and South Carolina.... 14 of the 21 they have. Yes they made the plays and if our OL is as bad as those teams, then we have major concerns. I happen to think our OL is not as bad.

Solid post!

It?s weird usually 5 games into the season you can easily say that a team is who they are on paper. But this season you cannot, a$m was inflated due to their schedule. I am hoping for the same from arky.

I will say I think we beat a very talented team in a$m but well schemed not so much.

Captain Falcon
10-03-2022, 02:16 PM
I mean let?s not pretend this is the first good win Leach has in three years. I also don?t think the hype is at some unreasonable level right now. We?re 4-1 and a home favorite against an unranked team this week. People are just excited about that game and want to see us continue to play well.

Goldendawg
10-03-2022, 02:20 PM
Solid post!

It?s weird usually 5 games into the season you can easily say that a team is who they are on paper. But this season you cannot, a$m was inflated due to their schedule. I am hoping for the same from arky.

I will say I think we beat a very talented team in a$m but well schemed not so much.

Agree 100%. I don't think KY & OM have played a schedule deserving of their rankings, and playing each other didn't show a lot to date, First things first, one game at a time and beat Arkansas! Hail State!

TheLostDawg
10-03-2022, 03:05 PM

1 we hustled every play on defense. Every tackle has a host of bulldogs around it
2 our wr are making plays. They are winning 50/50 balls. Getting yards after play. This should only build their confidence and add to what we have
3 go dawgs

msstatelp1
10-03-2022, 03:33 PM
Just enjoy it as it comes.

Todd4State
10-03-2022, 03:37 PM
This is exactly what they've been doing because they can't cover. Lot of man coverage which can mean big plays for this offense.

Will be curious to see what happens as Barry Odom "invented" rush 3 and drop 8.

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 03:41 PM
Will be curious to see what happens as Barry Odom "invented" rush 3 and drop 8.

We have a running game now. Johnson and Marks don't go down easy either. And most of those older players disciplined enough to run a 3-8 are gone at Arkansas.

PGHBulldogBG
10-03-2022, 03:43 PM
Barry Odom is a very good DC, but losing a lot of veterans on defense will hurt any team in the country not named Bama or UGA. Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma etc all have experienced it this year or in years past. I still think Ark wins 7 or 8 games. I think we beat them, LSU beats them, but they should beat BYU, Auburn, Missouri and Liberty. Ole Miss is a toss up. They will still have a solid year and I’m sure Odom will have their defense back on track soon. Hopefully it’s just after this weekend

ImissCityBagel
10-03-2022, 04:32 PM
I feel like with Leach every week is an adventure.

Pretty much this. I am learning not to get too worked up in either direction. If we can make our defense elite, IMO, that will help lay down some consistency.

Todd4State
10-03-2022, 04:45 PM

1. Getting Dollar Bill back May mean Lasoya sits. Maybe. Not sure how we're going to handle it.

2. We have veteran and talented wide receivers. Same at running back.

3. Getting Crumedy back will help the defense immensely against the run. And give us more depth on the line. Anyone know when he will be back? He could be a major factor against Georgia and in the Egg Bowl.

WhiskeyPirate
10-03-2022, 05:46 PM
Barry Odom is a very good DC, but losing a lot of veterans on defense will hurt any team in the country not named Bama or UGA. Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma etc all have experienced it this year or in years past. I still think Ark wins 7 or 8 games. I think we beat them, LSU beats them, but they should beat BYU, Auburn, Missouri and Liberty. Ole Miss is a toss up. They will still have a solid year and I’m sure Odom will have their defense back on track soon. Hopefully it’s just after this weekend
When they have KJ they are a good team. They are physical on the O line and a bad match up for ole miss.

Odom dropping eight worked when we really didn’t have the offense installed and we were a bunch of freshman. It didn’t work so great last year and I think it will work even less this year. He’s probably going to mix his defensive fronts up. He’s a good DC, they just have some personnel issues. Word from Arkansas fans is Pittman did well with Chads players and hasn’t recruited well enough. I think that’s true.

WhiskeyPirate
10-03-2022, 05:53 PM
1. Getting Dollar Bill back May mean Lasoya sits. Maybe. Not sure how we're going to handle it.

2. We have veteran and talented wide receivers. Same at running back.

3. Getting Crumedy back will help the defense immensely against the run. And give us more depth on the line. Anyone know when he will be back? He could be a major factor against Georgia and in the Egg Bowl.
I don’t like the idea of shuffling the line again. If Losoya and Jones graded out well, leave them in place.

EdwardDrayton
10-03-2022, 06:12 PM

Yes, optimistic but we need to repeat the A&M performance against Arkansas. Haven't had a chance to re-watch the game but a few things that come to mind:

(1) excellent OL play including pass protection
(2) physical play on both sides of the ball
(3) 6.0 yards per carry rushing total 144 yards and 7.3 yards per completion passing; we did not seem nearly as predictable because of it
(4) swarming to the ball on defense
(5) Will looked like an SEC QB; he was sharp. A few completed throws that were slightly off the mark and may have had some more YAC if more accurate but not a huge deal. Just want him at times to get the ball out quicker in preparation for better upfront and edge defenses
(6) We looked faster on defense versus games early on. I can't explain that off the cuff
(7) We took the ball away but think two or three were in the red zone
(8) Some missed tackles that allowed drives to extend

schddog72
10-03-2022, 06:41 PM
This. I hate it when people say "we beat team x, but they're not very good this year"! EVERY SEC win is tough and EVERY SEC win is earned, especially road games. There's no gimmes in the SEC and even Vandy can be a tough out on occasion. You'll never hear me say we beat any sec team because they weren't very good this year. The SEC is a grind every single week.

THIS!!

IMissJack
10-03-2022, 06:55 PM
Absolutely, we MSU fans are slow to hype our team because we have been burned before, too many times. But, so has every fan base except Bama. Still, if we don?t promote our own team, no one else will.

R2Dawg
10-03-2022, 06:57 PM

Agree with that. Of course only 2 worst coaches in MSU history

Todd4State
10-03-2022, 07:07 PM
I don’t like the idea of shuffling the line again. If Losoya and Jones graded out well, leave them in place.

I hear you but at the same time Dollar Bill is one of our best five and the only reason he is out is because of injury.

I would definitely keep Jones where he is at LT. Kam Jones looked good at left guard last year. Sharp is good at center. We could rotate Cole Smith and Lasoya at RG and then use Dollar Bill at RT. That's what I would look at if I were in Leach's shoes. Or flip flops.

TUSK
10-03-2022, 07:35 PM
Drew Sanders is pretty big time. He's been a hybrid edge rusher/LB for Arkansas but Todd McShay has him as a first round pick in his latest mock. The rest have been mostly 2-3 different guys.

You're right, Pig... I hate Bammer lost him but I totally dig his (business) decision... Turner & Anderson had him "buried" on the depth chart...

lastmajordog
10-03-2022, 08:04 PM
del

msu15
10-03-2022, 08:19 PM
Dang straight! Look at people like JP, Russell... all these young people coming up!

JP and Russell are redshirt juniors. They aren't young. They're inexperienced.

WPS
10-03-2022, 08:23 PM
Barry Odom is a very good DC, but losing a lot of veterans on defense will hurt any team in the country not named Bama or UGA. Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma etc all have experienced it this year or in years past. I still think Ark wins 7 or 8 games. I think we beat them, LSU beats them, but they should beat BYU, Auburn, Missouri and Liberty. Ole Miss is a toss up. They will still have a solid year and I?m sure Odom will have their defense back on track soon. Hopefully it?s just after this weekend

I hear you but even with those players the Arkansas defense wasn?t great last year, and they added pretty well regarded players from Alabama, Georgia and LSU including some who started for those teams last season.

Odom has a good reputation but hasn?t actually produced a good defense in quite a while.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 08:48 PM
JP and Russell are redshirt juniors. They aren't young. They're inexperienced.

I'm not arguing over that.

Lord McBuckethead
10-03-2022, 09:16 PM
They need to put their mouth guards in. But I really don?t care if they keep winning.

Todd4State
10-03-2022, 10:51 PM
I hear you but even with those players the Arkansas defense wasn?t great last year, and they added pretty well regarded players from Alabama, Georgia and LSU including some who started for those teams last season.

Odom has a good reputation but hasn?t actually produced a good defense in quite a while.

He got a good reputation here because of 2020. It seemed like 80% of the board was convinced that the rush 3 and drop 8 was going to stop the Air Raid.

We now know that KJ Costello was a complete headcase. Still can't believe that guy went from throwing like 600 yards against LSU to being a turnover machine.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 11:16 PM
He got a good reputation here because of 2020. It seemed like 80% of the board was convinced that the rush 3 and drop 8 was going to stop the Air Raid.

We now know that KJ Costello was a complete headcase. Still can't believe that guy went from throwing like 600 yards against LSU to being a turnover machine.

Was amazing the rapid decline of Costello. Happened quick!

BulldogBear
10-03-2022, 11:46 PM

Agreed Comet. You get it.

I was a afraid I was gonna have to do another math post for those that don't. SEC is tough.

In summary:

7-5 + 3 wins = 10-2

9-3 - 1 loss = 8-4

9-3 - 1 loss = 8-4

8-4 - 1 loss = 7-5

x = NOT A DOWN YEAR. STOP IT.

For trivia, what year is X?

Yes, sir! The son and I will be there!

For real. Grab a shovel and throw some coal in the boiler. Let's get this train chugging. hype! hype! hype! We need a full stadium for Arkansas and Auburn.

Exactly. No one is tattooing #webelieve on their body! But we can still go all in each week and enjoy the ride. Bitch on the game thread. Cheer at the game. Yell at the TV. Do what you do, but get into this season. It's going to be (is) a fun one! This isn't going to be the 4-8 so many predicted. Good grief.

Absolutely, we MSU fans are slow to hype our team because we have been burned before, too many times. But, so has every fan base except Bama. Still, if we don?t promote our own team, no one else will.

And finally, this^

2012 was a decade ago. Fun fact: It took Johnny Football to give TAMU their only double digit win season since joining the SEC. Why does the media talk about them like they are a power house? 6 out of 9.

Todd4State
10-04-2022, 12:29 AM

I've never seen anything like it. I felt like I was watching our Joe Burrow after the LSU game. Some of those throws he made against them were amazing. It wasn't all because Pelini blitzed all game like the narrative stated. They didn't- they played some zone. He just couldn't play within himself in the system after that.

Cowbell
10-04-2022, 12:43 AM
I've never seen anything like it. I felt like I was watching our Joe Burrow after the LSU game. Some of those throws he made against them were amazing. It wasn't all because Pelini blitzed all game like the narrative stated. They didn't- they played some zone. He just couldn't play within himself in the system after that.

It wasn't just that. It was defenses adjusting and making life hard for a group of players that didn't have time to really understand the system fully.

Lord McBuckethead
10-04-2022, 08:30 AM
Costello is literally blind to players playing zone. He is like a TRex. If you don't move, he can't see you.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2022, 08:39 AM

Yeah, it wasn't just his fault though. Remember a WR not running these routes right hurt this system majorly.

BlackSailsDawg
10-04-2022, 08:42 AM
Exactly. No one is tattooing #webelieve on their body! But we can still go all in each week and enjoy the ride. Bitch on the game thread. Cheer at the game. Yell at the TV. Do what you do, but get into this season. It's going to be (is) a fun one! This isn't going to be the 4-8 so many predicted. Good grief.

THIS! 100% this! The fans that came made a difference in key spots in that game!

Activated Alpha
10-04-2022, 08:53 AM
Yeah, it wasn't just his fault though. Remember a WR not running these routes right hurt this system majorly.

I don't know about that. Costello shoulders most of the blame because when I watched him during the spring playing in that other league he threw a pick 6 in the championship game to seal the W for the other team....Seems like habits really die hard for him...

Cowbell
11-06-2022, 03:38 PM

This is something I wish I was wrong about