PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin fired their coach and now wants Mike Leach

PikeDawg15
10-02-2022, 07:24 PM
https://twitter.com/dhookstead/status/1576363822498971648?s=46&t=cOjwOx_LQq0dogZgX4noAg

TUSK
10-02-2022, 07:34 PM
1. Wisky would never offer Leach, and if they did....
2. Leach would never go to Wisky.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 07:45 PM
Wisconsin is a nice job. They should go get bielema, again

PGHBulldogBG
10-02-2022, 07:54 PM
Something seems off with this firing. I get they are having a bad year but Chryst has done well there overall. Almost smells like they have someone already committed and I wonder if it’s Bielema. I forget why he was fired at Ark I feel like he did decent there and I feel like he always beat Freeze and LSU.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2022, 08:10 PM
I know for a fact leach is not interested in going back to a cold weather place. Also believe we are is last rodeo, when he's done here , he's off to Key West permanently

TrapGame
10-02-2022, 08:14 PM
Mullen to Wisconsin.****

No way Leach goes. They aren't getting Kiffin. Fat Bert may have burned some bridges leaving for Arkansas.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 08:17 PM
Mullen to Wisconsin.****

No way Leach goes. They aren't getting Kiffin. Fat Bert may have burned some bridges leaving for Arkansas.

Mullen would be a great hire there. Great call

PGHBulldogBG
10-02-2022, 08:18 PM
Mullen to Wisconsin.****

Honestly, I could see Mullen being a perfect fit there. I would not be surprised if they looked at him, but I’m sure his antics at UF are going to be severely questioned and explored at any job interview

Quaoarsking
10-02-2022, 08:44 PM
Wisconsin is known for being a ground-and-pound running team, probably more than anyone else in the entire Power 5. It's completely unbelievable that he could go there.

Also, that Tweeter I see is an Outkick reporter. Remember that Clay Travis is still salty about not Tennessee not hiring Leach over Jeremy Pruitt and undoubtedly hates to see him having success here.

TrapGame
10-02-2022, 08:53 PM
Honestly, I could see Mullen being a perfect fit there. I would not be surprised if they looked at him, but I’m sure his antics at UF are going to be severely questioned and explored at any job interview

Mullen's lack of recruiting at Florida may cost him some jobs. You can dig for those diamonds in the rough at Mississippi State but not Florida and probably not Wisconsin.

TheLostDawg
10-02-2022, 09:12 PM
At his age and the fact it takes three years to get his offense going, I just don't see it

dawgday166
10-02-2022, 09:16 PM
Delete

msstate7
10-02-2022, 09:22 PM
Delete

Tater
Wisconsin fired Chryst to make Leonhard permanent. That interim tag won't be there long. He's been HC-in waiting and Chryst was doing nothing for the team. This could inject enough life to win the division this year. Nebraska is tied for the division lead FYI.

But someone like Mullen would be a solid OC. Wisconsin O-Line talent with power running spread is what would help them compete for titles. But I don't see him waiting for an OC job unless it's NFL.

TrapGame
Mullen would be a great hire there. Great call

I wonder if they'd take a chance on Mullen.

Coach34
10-02-2022, 09:33 PM
Mullen has millions in the bank and is not going anywhere to be OC most likely unless it's the NFL

He will try to get another big job but if he cant- he likely keeps doing TV

TheLostDawg
10-02-2022, 09:41 PM
Mullen has millions in the bank and is not going anywhere to be OC most likely unless it's the NFL

+
Too arrogant to become an OC in college. If he did I think it could bring him back to earth and he might actually learn how to recruit. He could really make a comeback. Will that happen, doubt it.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2022, 09:45 PM
I know for a fact leach is not interested in going back to a cold weather place. Also believe we are is last rodeo, when he's done here , he's off to Key West permanently

This is his last job. I figure we have about six more years or less before he retires.

Todd4State
10-03-2022, 12:17 AM

I was about to say if you're Mullen and you hate recruiting why not try the NFL?

He may have to start out as a QB coach at that level but I could see him moving up quickly.

lastmajordog
10-03-2022, 09:31 PM
I may be missing something buy why would a heavy pass offense go to a cold wet school (see Egg Bowl last year)....