PDA

View Full Version : Cowbell Rule

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Okay this has been something that's been on my mind for a while now. During games, I ring my bell every play while we're on D no matter what. Now some people a lot of ''mature adults'' have a tendency to turn around and give me and a few others go to hell looks all the time. Like they think they're better than the people who still ring their bell loud and proud all game long, instead of ringing it when it makes no difference what so ever like the rule wants us too. Its a load of crap and nobody would have a problem with our cowbells if we were still going 3-9. Just wanted to get your guys thoughts on this before the end of the season, what do you guys do?? Have you noticed any people that do act like pricks like I'm saying? I even had one guy say something to my little brother one time, who is 12. Ridiculous. Its why sitting in the student section is always the most fun.

Sam&DeansDawg
11-25-2013, 07:10 PM
I sit up high bc the cowbells give me a little headache. Simple as thta.

Behrdawg
11-25-2013, 07:12 PM
The day of reckoning is drawing near

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:13 PM
I sit up high bc the cowbells give me a little headache. Simple as thta.

I can understand that man. If im sitting next to someone and they ask me to kind of slack up a little bit because of something like that, I'm fine with it. But somebody that turns around and gives go to hell looks and basically being pricks is what gets to me.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:14 PM
The day of reckoning is drawing near

Not sure what you mean but i hope your on my side ha

thedawginme
11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Okay this has been something that's been on my mind for a while now. During games, I ring my bell every play while we're on D no matter what. Now some people a lot of ''mature adults'' have a tendency to turn around and give me and a few others go to hell looks all the time. Like they think they're better than the people who still ring their bell loud and proud all game long, instead of ringing it when it makes no difference what so ever like the rule wants us too. Its a load of crap and nobody would have a problem with our cowbells if we were still going 3-9. Just wanted to get your guys thoughts on this before the end of the season, what do you guys do?? Have you noticed any people that do act like pricks like I'm saying? I even had one guy say something to my little brother one time, who is 12. Ridiculous. Its why sitting in the student section is always the most fun.

You and your moron friends will be the reason why cowbells will be banned and the rule finally enforced. Which it can easily be. It is easily done at plenty of other SEC stadiums. I know i've had a few of my "backup" bells taken at Bryant Denny and Oxford. It will cost us less to place a few security guards in the stands and take up bells than to pay the SEC fines every game.

Also, I'd be willing to bet the average Bulldog Club donations for your kind is MUCH lower than those of mine. Point being, we're the one who have to pay the fines you are costing those around you. But you probably don't care about that either.

RC3
11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
I have been known to cast some evil glances. I know the rule is stupid and they likely won't enforce it but I don't want to lose them and if you end up being part of the reason that we do, you will have to accept that blame and guilt. Me, personally, I'm not going to be a part of it

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:19 PM
You and your moron friends will be the reason why cowbells will be banned and the rule finally enforced. Which it can easily be. It is easily done at plenty of other SEC stadiums. I know i've had a few of my "backup" bells taken at Bryant Denny and Oxford. It will cost us less to place a few security guards in the stands and take up bells than to pay the SEC fines every game.

Also, I'd be willing to bet the average Bulldog Club donations for your kind is MUCH lower than those of mine. Point being, we're the one who have to pay the fines you are costing those around you. But you probably don't care about that either.

Oh your better than me and my family man because you pay more money. Wanna sit next to me this Thursday??? Can't believe somebody would actually think like this. You sound like a TSUN fan.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:20 PM
I have been know to cast some evil glances. I know the rule is stupid and they likely won't enforce it but I don't want to lose them and if you end up being part if the reason that we do, you will have to accept that blame and guilt. Me, personally, I'm not going to be a part of it

They've been rung for 75 years before that but all of sudden now im supposed to believe they'd be taken away?? I'm not buying that. I'll be ringing mine. :)

thedawginme
11-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Oh your better than me and my family man because you pay more money. Wanna sit next to me this Thursday??? Can't believe somebody would actually think like this. You sound like a TSUN fan.

It's not surprising you missed the point. It's that you're spending other people's money by ringing the bell at the wrong time and getting us fined. You are WASTING Bulldog Club money and the reason you don't care is that it ISNT your money.

Another point that has to be made in this thread is that TONS of people who have been on the field for games say that YELLING and CLAPPING is actually louder down on the field than ringing cowbells. I guess due to the cowbells "facing" upward when rung. That alone should be reason enough for everyone to yell or whistle and clap (and sometimes stomp the seat in front of me if i can) during big 3rd down plays, etc. That is what i do.

I promise you that I want us to win just as much as you do.

maroonmania
11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I have been know to cast some evil glances. I know the rule is stupid and they likely won't enforce it but I don't want to lose them and if you end up being part if the reason that we do, you will have to accept that blame and guilt. Me, personally, I'm not going to be a part of it

I am a huge MSU fan and love the cowbells but the rule is not stupid. We are the ONLY school in the SEC that was given an exception on the noisemaker rule so we could have the cowbells. The ONLY time we are truly expected to refrain from ringing the bells by the SEC office is when the other team is on offense and up at the line snapping the ball. I think NOT ringing during that time and actually just yelling is a WAY beyond fair compromise for us to be the ONLY SEC school's fans allowed to bring in a noisemaker. And yes, if our hardheaded renegades keep ringing in an attempt to disrupt the other team's ability to get their play off and we end up losing the privilege to legally bring in our cowbells I will be beyond pissed but we will absolutely deserve the ban. I mean the other SEC schools view it as unfair anyway for us to get the exception but then, if we are not going to abide by the one simple rule, then it IS an unfair advantage and we would deserve them being banned again.

scottycameron
11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
do you understand how obvious you appear?

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:30 PM
It's not surprising you missed the point. It's that you're spending other people's money by ringing the bell at the wrong time and getting us fined. You are WASTING Bulldog Club money.

Another point that has to be made in this thread is that TONS of people who have been on the field for games say that YELLING and CLAPPING is actually louder down on the field than ringing cowbells. I guess due to the cowbells "facing" upward when rung. That alone should be reason enough for everyone to yell or whistle and clap (and sometimes stomp the seat in front of me if i can) during big 3rd down plays, etc. That is what i do.

I promise you that I want us to win just as much as you do.

Im not saying you don't wanna win as much as I do. But people saying that just clapping and yelling is louder than, cowbells + clapping + yelling are just trying to get you to stop. No one is that stupid. I've been on the field. I've heard it. My point is, anyone who has a problem with it shouldn't turn around and look at somebody like theyre better than them because they decide not too. That's what pisses me off.

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 07:32 PM
I am a huge MSU fan and love the cowbells but the rule is not stupid. We are the ONLY school in the SEC that was given an exception on the noisemaker rule so we could have the cowbells. The ONLY time we are truly expected to refrain from ringing the bells by the SEC office is when the other team is on offense and up at the line snapping the ball. I think NOT ringing during that time and actually just yelling is a WAY beyond fair compromise for us to be the ONLY SEC school's fans allowed to bring in a noisemaker. And yes, if our hardheaded renegades keep ringing in an attempt to disrupt the other team's ability to get their play off and we end up losing the privilege to legally bring in our cowbells I will be beyond pissed but we will absolutely deserve the ban. I mean the other SEC schools view it as unfair anyway for us to get the exception but then, if we are not going to abide by the one simple rule, then it IS an unfair advantage and we would deserve them being banned again.

They were ''banned'' for a long long time. Most of it was before my time at games but im sure they got it. Your ignorant if you think any other SEC school that had a tradition like a cowbell that they wouldn't use them during games to help their team. If Alabama had them there would be 100 thousand plus ringing them I can gurant damn tee you that.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 08:11 PM
I ring proudly !! Did when they were banned, do now, and will if they are ever banned again!

Biguglyjoe
11-25-2013, 08:16 PM
I ring when I should and don't when I shouldn't. The difference between what I do and many around me is that I actually yell when we're supposed to. I think the cowbells make our fans lazy in that regard. Many stop ringing but don't yell. I will say this, someone yelling loudly next to me is far more noticeable than someone ringing the crap out of their cowbell..

DawgsBite34
11-25-2013, 08:22 PM
I ring proudly !! Did when they were banned, do now, and will if they are ever banned again!

Im right there with you man

maroonmania
11-25-2013, 08:51 PM
I ring when I should and don't when I shouldn't. The difference between what I do and many around me is that I actually yell when we're supposed to. I think the cowbells make our fans lazy in that regard. Many stop ringing but don't yell. I will say this, someone yelling loudly next to me is far more noticeable than someone ringing the crap out of their cowbell..

Exactly, we've got a bunch of fans that have used their cowbell for a noise crutch so many years that they don't know how to actually use their voice and yell at our games. Best our fans ever did was the 2010 Arkansas game, wish we could replicate that effort every home game.

elitedawgs
11-25-2013, 08:54 PM
In the eyes of the Confessor there's no place you can hide
You can't hide from the eyes
Don't you even try
In the eyes of the Confessor you can't tell a lie
You cannot tell a lie
Strip you down to size
Naked as the day that you were born
Naked as the day that you were born

oldjoedawg
11-25-2013, 09:26 PM

Well, if folks like you keep ringing them whenever they want to, then eventually THE MAN will come around and your bells will be gone when THE MAN COMES 'ROUND....Don't ever doubt the truth of that......

Schultzy
11-25-2013, 09:41 PM
This is well put. If you're the only one in the section ringing it's a good sign to start using your voice instead.

State82
11-25-2013, 09:58 PM

Very well stated, maroonmania. Good job. I agree 100%. When the other 13 members of our conference finally get tired of it, they will shut it down, force our administration to lock down like they have in the past and you will see only a scattering of bells in the stadium. I have seen it both ways and if we want to keep the tradition REALLY alive, all we have to do is make a concerted effort to abide by the rules our conference brethren have so far relented to. Any one that thinks otherwise is a fool, but, I should not be surprised by that either.

Homedawg
11-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Im not saying you don't wanna win as much as I do. But people saying that just clapping and yelling is louder than, cowbells + clapping + yelling are just trying to get you to stop. No one is that stupid. I've been on the field. I've heard it. My point is, anyone who has a problem with it shouldn't turn around and look at somebody like theyre better than them because they decide not too. That's what pisses me off.

If u don't understand why they are looking at you, well, I don't know what to say. Other than, enjoy it for now- you will be one of the ring leaders bitching at our ad when they get taken away. Might not be this year or next but it's coming, book it.

lachepas565
11-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Has it been fined since those first two games?

Political Hack
11-25-2013, 10:19 PM
it's much louder to yell. that said, there are times that call for both yelling and ringing... times that are well worth a $50k fine... times like Thursday night.

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 10:21 PM
it's much louder to yell. that said, there are times that call for both yelling and ringing... times that are well worth a $50k fine... times like Thursday night.

100 % TRUTH!

Schultzy
11-25-2013, 10:30 PM

Third down like normal people please!

ScoobaDawg
11-25-2013, 10:49 PM

this wont be a popular opinion.

But some days i wish the cowbell had truly been banned.
Our fans use it as a crutch. I think people look stupid when the camera zooms in on them ringing there bell with their mouth closed.

Do I want us to be a cult like Texas A&M? No but damn i loved the crowds energy when they united on every play cheering.

So no offence but if you can't follow the rules that are allowing us to keep our tradition I have no problem with someone staring you down and telling you to stop breaking the rules.

OurState
11-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Troll

archdog
11-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Jesus. Just follow the simple rules. How hard is that? I really don't care what You think You can do. The rules don't apply to You because You are special. The bells are special to many people and you are a selfish ass if you think You can do whatever you want. I realize that it may be hard for you to understand or sympathize with other MSU
fan's love for the bell and the importance of maintaining this experience for future generations but people like you continue doing whatever you feel like.
Great job. Participation trophy for all. You are special and the rules don't apply to you. Keep up the good work and you are true maroon and support MSU in every way that doesn't put you in a possition where you have to compromise your perfect idea of your fandom.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't glare at fans who ring at the wrong time or tell them to stop or anything, but I follow a simple rule because it's what our football team, coach, and athletic department has asked us to do. Why be "that guy"?

Remember Whit Waide's "Respect the Bell" speech on the Jumbotron from 2010? That should convince anyone who still insists on ringing at the wrong time. That was the first SEC game we weren't fined, and we haven't been fined since.

whosyourdawgy
11-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Hey I will come sit beside you. Tell me what row and seat number. Soon as you keep ringing that bitch when you are supposed to stop I will get a security guard to come pry it from your hands or you can leave and miss the game. Come on bad ass tell me your seat number

preachermatt83
11-25-2013, 11:01 PM
from now on if a person on here uses the word troll just bc they disagree with someone they should be banned.

maroonmania
11-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Jesus. Just follow the simple rules. How hard is that? I really don't care what You think You can do. The rules don't apply to You because You are special. The bells are special to many people and you are a selfish ass if you think You can do whatever you want. I realize that it may be hard for you to understand or sympathize with other MSU
fan's love for the bell and the importance of maintaining this experience for future generations but people like you continue doing whatever you feel like.
Great job. Participation trophy for all. You are special and the rules don't apply to you. Keep up the good work and you are true maroon and support MSU in every way that doesn't put you in a possition where you have to compromise your perfect idea of your fandom.

+1

BulldogDX55
11-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Hey I will come sit beside you. Tell me what row and seat number. Soon as you keep ringing that bitch when you are supposed to stop I will get a security guard to come pry it from your hands or you can leave and miss the game. Come on bad ass tell me your seat number

He won't. He is an obvious troll. Check his post history.

from now on if a person on here uses the word troll just bc they disagree with someone they should be banned.

And I also find it funny how you and him always appear in threads together.

Can we get an ip check, mods? If my theory is wrong, I will apologize and promptly shut up.

whosyourdawgy
11-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Dawgsbite34 is so freaking obviously a troll name, he shoulda never even been approved. I mean mixing Gene and Coach34 isn't obvious to everyone else If he's ringing a bell Saturday he ain't sitting in a Bulldog section.

Percho
11-26-2013, 01:20 AM
Very well stated, maroonmania. Good job. I agree 100%. When the other 13 members of our conference finally get tired of it, they will shut it down, force our administration to lock down like they have in the past and you will see only a scattering of bells in the stadium. I have seen it both ways and if we want to keep the tradition REALLY alive, all we have to do is make a concerted effort to abide by the rules our conference brethren have so far relented to. Any one that thinks otherwise is a fool, but, I should not be surprised by that either.

I agree and the voice is much more effective against the opposing team and will only increase when DWS is completed. Yell and that way we can keep the bells.

Percho
11-26-2013, 01:22 AM
100 % TRUTH!

100% truth that there will come a time there will not be a fine for there will not be a bell.

RiverCityDawg
11-26-2013, 06:39 AM

This all day...

RC3
11-26-2013, 08:23 AM
I smell trolls as well and I fully expect ole miss fans to be ringing bells Thursday night as well

Political Hack
11-26-2013, 08:31 AM
the people who ring their bells on every play are assholes, but when it's a clutch moment in the fourth and we need a stop if you're not yelling and ringing and stomping then you need to give your ticket to someone who will.

Jack Lambert
11-26-2013, 09:06 AM

I am very conservative with my bell but you get bet one thing a lot is riding on this game and I will ring it any time we are not on offense. Screw the fine and we should use home cooking to the max.
Plus I like hearing those bear whine.

HunterDawg
11-26-2013, 09:49 AM
This is a big Thanksgiving night nationally televised game. Do we really want the TV to show thousands of fans ringing bells during a crucial 3rd down in the 4th quarter? Just giving them indisputable video (and audio) evidence that we are using artificial noisemakers to gain an advantage on the field in an SEC game?

Some of us need to think a little bit. Why give them the proof they need to come after the bells?

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Troll

how?

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 11:45 AM

Can we get an ip check, mods? If my theory is wrong, I will apologize and promptly shut up.

Mods, plz do an ip check. So this guy can get his apology out of the way and promptly shut up.

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 11:46 AM

Section D row 27 seat 18, if you wanna do that you better plan on my cowbell being upside your head too. Don't understand why people on a message board would put down somebody else because they have a different opinion. Ive been to every state home game as long as I can remember, you sir can kiss my ass

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 11:47 AM
I am very conservative with my bell but you get bet one thing a lot is riding on this game and I will ring it any time we are not on offense. Screw the fine and we should use home cooking to the max.
Plus I like hearing those bear whine.

Agreed!!!

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Mods, plz do an ip check. So this guy can get his apology out of the way and promptly shut up.

What is up with this troll garbage dude??? I don't give a damn what any of them say. If they want my bell theyre gonna have to come take it like the internet badass that told me he would on here

preachermatt83
11-26-2013, 11:48 AM
the people who ring their bells on every play are assholes, but when it's a clutch moment in the fourth and we need a stop if you're not yelling and ringing and stomping then you need to give your ticket to someone who will.

Well said!

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 11:50 AM

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to check all my posts. You can go ahead and apologize and shut up now too buddy. I'll be waiting

DawgsBite34
11-26-2013, 11:53 AM
You people do realize that if you ring it when your ''supposed to'' it has absolutely no effect on the game what so ever. Oh lets ring our bell while we called a timeout that will really make a difference. What a joke!!!! I can promise you, that if any other of the 13 SEC schools had a tradition like a cowbell, or any noisemaker, they would ring the shit out of theirs too. Your ignorant if you don't believe that. If Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, A&M, even TSUN had anything like that I promise you, you'd hear them all game.