PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas update. 112th national defense.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2022, 10:43 AM
Passing defense ranked 124th, Rush defense 71st.

On the other side, 41st vs the Rush and passing defense efficiency 20th!

This is after week 5

TrapGame
10-02-2022, 10:49 AM
Damn, Barry Odom. What's up with that?

If we sprinkle in those runs like yesterday and keep KJ contained we win.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2022, 10:56 AM

KJ aint gonna pull many down and run. He is a designed runner more than a scrambler. They play right into our hands. This is about us not them. We dont turn it over we win. We owe them one from last year the kids havent forgot

Coach34
10-02-2022, 11:00 AM
Bama ran for over 300 yards yesterday. We will score points Saturday- will they?

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2022, 11:08 AM
KJ aint gonna pull many down and run. He is a designed runner more than a scrambler. They play right into our hands. This is about us not them. We dont turn it over we win. We owe them one from last year the kids havent forgot

This HAS to be about us demanding it! Go watch the interview of the guys after last night's win. Listen to them!

Santiago
10-02-2022, 11:09 AM

Arkansas no longer has all the 24 year old 6th years players that they had last year.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2022, 11:09 AM
Bama ran for over 300 yards yesterday. We will score points Saturday- will they?

I don't think we keep them from scoring Coach, but I do think we can man up and play to stop the run!

TrapGame
10-02-2022, 11:11 AM
Arkansas no longer has all the 24 year old 6th years players that they had last year.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys. Looks like losing that big WR from last has cost them some offense too. The luster on Pittman may start to get a little less shiny.

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2022, 12:42 PM
I bet we end up being favored by more than 8 points.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 12:49 PM

I think that's high. I say us -4.5

Tater
10-02-2022, 01:19 PM
I think that's high. I say us -4.5

Fanduel -3.5
Circa -6

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2022, 04:26 PM
Fanduel -3.5
Circa -6

We started the week at -1.5 against A$M and when kickoff happened, it was up to 5.0 in some books.

TheLostDawg
10-02-2022, 04:33 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys. Looks like losing that big WR from last has cost them some offense too. The luster on Pittman may start to get a little less shiny.

Remind me please what they were ranked preseason

TrapGame
10-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Remind me please what they were ranked preseason

Oh shit...uhh...#15 I think.

I know they were #10 when they lost to A&M.

Hambone
10-02-2022, 04:58 PM
Is KJ Playing? I know he got hurt Saturday.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2022, 06:34 PM
Is KJ Playing? I know he got hurt Saturday.

I never saw him out of the game in my back and forth

Commercecomet24
10-02-2022, 06:44 PM
I never saw him out of the game in my back and forth

He got hurt yesterday and is questionable for our game. I'm sure he'll play but he won't be 100%

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2022, 08:01 PM
Oh shit...uhh...#15 I think.

I know they were #10 when they lost to A&M.

Woof

As the analytical models improve at ranking teams, these AP and Coaches Polls just continue to look dumber and dumber

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2022, 08:24 PM
They wont score more than 17 without us helping them

Commercecomet24
10-02-2022, 10:28 PM

I agree with this. If we don't turn the ball over we're gonna be heck for everyone on our schedule.

Homedawg
10-02-2022, 10:31 PM
Woof

As the analytical models improve at ranking teams, these AP and Coaches Polls just continue to look dumber and dumber

Well fact is they should have one loss right now. We should have none but we don't.

Todd4State
10-02-2022, 10:57 PM

I'm sure they will. We customarily find a way to give up 24 every game it seems like. Usually in garbage time but still. So, I think Arkansas scores at least that many.

I think we'll score a lot too though so I'm bracing myself for a shootout.

Todd4State
10-02-2022, 10:59 PM

Or the officials.** WTF was that PI on Jett Johnson at the end of the game? I think the ball may have been past the receiver when he made contact.

Lord McBuckethead
10-02-2022, 11:53 PM
I am more concerned about the targeting foul we got for barely hitting the qb as he was running up in the pocket.

Tater
10-03-2022, 12:31 AM
I am more concerned about the targeting foul we got for barely hitting the qb as he was running up in the pocket.

Launch and helmet to helmet. It was the right call. Shit rule.

msu15
10-03-2022, 12:49 AM

It was textbook targeting lol

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2022, 07:00 AM

It was the right call.

That said, what is frustrating is that it would've been the right call in the KY/OM game as well on Levis' 4th down & a UGA guy did it in their game vs Mizzou but both went uncalled & unreviewed.

It's the inconsistency in the enforcement of the rule that makes it all the more absurd when they pay extra special attention to when your guy does it.

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 08:32 AM
Or the officials.** WTF was that PI on Jett Johnson at the end of the game? I think the ball may have been past the receiver when he made contact.

That was the refs being nice

BlackSailsDawg
10-03-2022, 08:34 AM
It was the right call.

That said, what is frustrating is that it would've been the right call in the KY/OM game as well on Levis' 4th down & a UGA guy did it in their game vs Mizzou but both went uncalled & unreviewed.

It's the inconsistency in the enforcement of the rule that makes it all the more absurd when they pay extra special attention to when your guy does it.

What's frustrating is this is his 2nd call away from the ball that has cost us.

First was the TULU run back to put us in position at like the 5. Not even remotely around the play.

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2022, 09:13 AM
It was the right call.

Yeah - that was my beef with it. Not a ref on field saw it - yet Birmingham calls down and tries to impact the game for us and don't do it for other teams on the same day on similar calls.

PGHBulldogBG
10-03-2022, 09:19 AM
Arkansas is probably going to be the best offense we face this year outside Bama and UGA. Our defense is going to have a challenge. At the same time, Arkansas will probably be the worst SEC defense we face so we need to make sure and score points early

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2022, 09:27 AM
Yeah - that was my beef with it. Not a ref on field saw it - yet Birmingham calls down and tries to impact the game for us and don't do it for other teams on the same day on similar calls.

It feels the same as when you get a ticket because of a camera vs a cop

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 09:32 AM

This, exactly! I mean the network caught the targeting in the om/ky and mz/uga games and yet the sec replay official didn't see it, but yet they catch it in our game? C'mon mane! And they parrot this bs about player safety, yada, yada, yada and then they let achane and am get away with chop block after chop block. At least 4 times during our game they had illegal chop blocks and not one was called. Those are dangerous and can end some ones career and make them a cripple. That's my problem as Gun said, is that there is absolutely zero consistency with the enforcement of penalties. I get that refs can't see everything but they're not just missing one or two calls a game, they're missing tons of calls and replay is missing them as well. It's pathetic that this conference with all its resources can't do better.

GoDawgz
10-03-2022, 09:39 AM
With Bookie being out the first half, it will be key that the Offense start fast and get a lead. Jett will have his work cut out for him containing KJ if we dont keep discipline in our rush lanes. I just dont think they will be able to score with State.

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 09:42 AM
Arkansas is probably going to be the best offense we face this year outside Bama and UGA. Our defense is going to have a challenge. At the same time, Arkansas will probably be the worst SEC defense we face so we need to make sure and score points early

It's worse than last year. That offense leans on KJ and Rocket Sanders running the ball. KJ is missing his go to WR from that year. Play the run and make KJ beat us with his arm. Our defense is better than A&M's.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 09:44 AM
It's worse than last year. That offense leans on KJ and Rocket Sanders running the ball. KJ is missing his go to WR from that year. Play the run and make KJ beat us with his arm. Our defense is better than A&M's.

KJ is injured as well and questionable for our game(although i think he plays)he won't be 100%

PikeDawg15
10-03-2022, 09:46 AM
Ill go ahead and predict it.

Dem Dawgs : 45

Cold Beer: 35

Commercecomet24
With Bookie being out the first half, it will be key that the Offense start fast and get a lead. Jett will have his work cut out for him containing KJ if we dont keep discipline in our rush lanes. I just dont think they will be able to score with State.

JP Purvis filled in quite nicely for Watson, Saturday and being honest he's much more explosive and athletic than Watson and he hammered the AM QB more than one. He's faster than Watson albeit a little smaller but I liked the way he played and I believe he'll more than makeup for Watson being out the first half.

BrunswickDawg
This, exactly! I mean the network caught the targeting in the om/ky and mz/uga games and yet the sec replay official didn't see it, but yet they catch it in our game? C'mon mane! And they parrot this bs about player safety, yada, yada, yada and then they let achane and am get away with chop block after chop block. At least 4 times during our game they had illegal chop blocks and not one was called. Those are dangerous and can end some ones career and make them a cripple. That's my problem as Gun said, is that there is absolutely zero consistency with the enforcement of penalties. I get that refs can't see everything but they're not just missing one or two calls a game, they're missing tons of calls and replay is missing them as well. It's pathetic that this conference with all its resources can't do better.

They need to do 2 things: 1) get HQ out of Birmingham; and 2) professionalize refs. The SEC shouldn't have weekend warrior refs. You could pay $60k + travel per diem and have a ton qualified applicants vying for those jobs.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 09:47 AM
They need to do 2 things: 1) get HQ out of Birmingham; and 2) professionalize refs. The SEC shouldn't have weekend warrior refs. You could pay $60k + travel per diem and have a ton qualified applicants vying for those jobs.

Amen! There's absolutley no reason with the billions of dollars coming in to have part time officials! Ridiculous!

GoDawgz
10-03-2022, 09:52 AM
JP Purvis filled in quite nicely for Watson, Saturday and being honest he's much more explosive and athletic than Watson and he hammered the AM QB more than one. He's faster than Watson albeit a little smaller but I liked the way he played and I believe he'll more than makeup for Watson being out the first half.

He did a very good job, I agree!

Hambone
10-03-2022, 01:04 PM
He got hurt yesterday and is questionable for our game. I'm sure he'll play but he won't be 100%

He?s officially (unofficially) out. Concussion

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 01:06 PM
He?s officially (unofficially) out. Concussion

yeah after the tua fiasco nobody is gonna play for at least a week with a head injury now.

Desoto1967
10-03-2022, 01:26 PM
Pittman today “He has some mild symptoms and those are things that our doctors look at,” Pittman said. “Each kid’s a little bit different for how they react and we’ve had guys back in 3 or 4 days, we’ve had guys out for 27 days. He’s kind of a wait and see, to be honest with you.”

Asked if Jefferson is in concussion protocol, Pittman said, “I didn’t say that.”

Hambone
10-03-2022, 01:57 PM
Well if Pittman is saying now that he has mild symptoms he can not let him play Saturday. KJ is going to get hit by our team. There’s no question about that. If after he is “cleared” and gets hurt Saturday that may be Pittman job.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 02:09 PM
Well if Pittman is saying now that he has mild symptoms he can not let him play Saturday. KJ is going to get hit by our team. There’s no question about that. If after he is “cleared” and gets hurt Saturday that may be Pittman job.

Yeah I can't believe with what's just happened he would even be entertaining the thought of putting him out there.

HancockCountyDog
10-04-2022, 07:39 PM

Feeling pretty good about this post.

GoDawgz
10-05-2022, 10:24 AM

If he has concussion symptoms of any kind, I really hope they do not let him on the field because he will get hit several times and from every direction by State's D.
I would hate for something like happened to Tua happen to anyone much less at the hands of one of States players.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2022, 10:34 AM
If he has concussion symptoms of any kind, I really hope they do not let him on the field because he will get hit several times and from every direction by State's D.
I would hate for something like happened to Tua happen to anyone much less at the hands of one of States players.

Whoever the QB is, he going to get hit.

GoDawgz
10-05-2022, 11:24 AM
Whoever the QB is, he going to get hit.

With this defense, thats a given. Just dont want it to be a kid with a concussion.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-05-2022, 11:26 AM
1) In any game, turnovers are the great equalizer. Don't be stupid with the ball.

2) They can't score as many as we can. We win the game if we play well. We are certainly better than they are.

3) I hate that Bookie Watson is out, but it's a great opportunity for a backup to earn some experience and push for more playing time (JP Purvis). Injuries or suspensions aren't good, but it's always an opportunity for someone else to show what they can do.

4) I would like to see a nice early lead to really put the pressure on Arkansas. But if we get one, we can't relax.

BlackSailsDawg
10-05-2022, 11:28 AM
1) In any game, turnovers are the great equalizer. Don't be stupid with the ball.

2) They can't score as many as we can. We win the game if we play well. We are certainly better than they are.

3) I hate that Bookie Watson is out, but it's a great opportunity for a backup to earn some experience and push for more playing time (JP Purvis). Injuries or suspensions aren't good, but it's always an opportunity for someone else to show what they can do.

4) I would like to see a nice early lead to really put the pressure on Arkansas. But if we get one, we can't relax.

I'm ok with Bookie being out. I thought JP actually played better.

Goldendawg
10-05-2022, 02:34 PM

Bookie will only be out the first half, I think.

Extendedcab
10-05-2022, 02:38 PM
Bookie will only be out the first half, I think.

Correct since the penalty was during the second half of the aTm game. His suspension should be only for the first half of the Arky game.

PikeDawg15
10-05-2022, 02:44 PM

Bookie wont be out the whole game.

He will be back after halftime

Commercecomet24
10-05-2022, 03:12 PM
I want to see more of Purvis. He's faster and more explosive than Watson and just about every time he blitzed Saturday he got home and either got a sack or pressure.