PDA

View Full Version : Could 2022 be a 2014 lite?

msstate7
10-02-2022, 08:30 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/prQx0Wc9/5-CBEBADA-F71-B-403-D-B66-B-31-C916582099.jpg (https://postimg.cc/kR5kGmm9)

If we win this weekend, the egg could possibly be for a trip to a NY6 bowl...

State 8-3 vs OM 9-2/8-3

ImissCityBagel
10-02-2022, 08:34 AM
Would have to beat Georgia.

TrapGame
10-02-2022, 08:39 AM
We keep up this 65/35 pass/run and it's quite possible.

Takeo Spikes on SECN said our 1st quarter runs forced Durkin to adjust and that opened up some windows for Will in the passing game.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-02-2022, 08:42 AM
Ole Miss schedule almost guarantees them a playoff spot.

MetEdDawg
10-02-2022, 08:46 AM
Gonna have to win every game but Bama and Georgia for me to think about that comparison.

We've got a tough schedule this year but I really like a lot of the components of this team. You don't like the loss to LSU but 8-4 this year with this schedule means we were at worst a Top 20 team.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 08:55 AM

Nah, Georgia and bama in playoffs. Just have to be next highest ranked. LSU and ark could be in the mix also

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2022, 09:08 AM

And that's very doable!

PikeDawg15
10-02-2022, 09:09 AM

For a NY6 . No sir we do not

We can lose to bama and Georgia but win out everywhere else and go 9-3 and have a outside chance at a NY6 if things go right . The way it?s set up this year is that the Fiesta bowl and the peach bowl are the playoff bowls

So that means sugar is open for the SEC,
The cotton bowl is open .
The orange bowl is open.

But I would not even think about that because there is 7 more games for us to play .

When was the last time we won back to back big games ?

Hail state but let?s focus on Arkansas

thf24
10-02-2022, 09:10 AM
We keep up this 65/35 pass/run and it's quite possible.

Takeo Spikes on SECN said our 1st quarter runs forced Durkin to adjust and that opened up some windows for Will in the passing game.

We did some things in the run game we haven't seen before and even threw in some play action fakes once we established the run. We're seeing Leach evolve, as much as some around here won't want to admit it.

PikeDawg15
10-02-2022, 09:13 AM

Brother?. Ole Miss ain?t going to no playoff.

Can ole miss go 10-2? Yes they can

Ole miss can?t put teams away like they should.

That?s gonna cost them in tiger stadium in 3 weeks when they are top 5. A top 25 LSU team coming home to play a top 5 ole miss game will be a sell out in tiger stadium and most likely be a night game.

I can see ole miss going 9-3 very easily tho.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 09:15 AM
Crap, I forgot about Tenn. If we want a shot at my scenario playing out, we need them to lose. Winner of UT/LSU sets themselves up nicely for that NY6 bowl

Quaoarsking
10-02-2022, 09:16 AM
9-3 would get us a NY6 bowl most likely. The CFP committee likes us more than any other FBS team, relative to the AP and Coaches polls. We would just need to be ranked in the top 12 (possibly a little higher if a team outside the top 12 grabs an autobid).

10-2 gives us a great shot at the Sugar, but we'd have to navigate around LSU, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee.

PikeDawg15
10-02-2022, 09:20 AM
9-3 would get us a NY6 bowl most likely. The CFP committee likes us more than any other FBS team, relative to the AP and Coaches polls. We would just need to be ranked in the top 12 (possibly a little higher if a team outside the top 12 grabs an autobid).

10-2 gives us a great shot at the Sugar, but we'd have to navigate around LSU, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee.

I?m not ready to start talking about NY6 but that Georgia game in starkville comes at a PERFECT time .

Georgia will be coming off tennessee and the week after us they go to Lexington to play Kentucky .

They might overlook us .

msstate7
10-02-2022, 09:21 AM
I?m not ready to start talking about NY6 but that Georgia game in starkville comes at a PERFECT time .

Georgia will be coming off tennessee and the week after us they go to Lexington to play Kentucky .

They might overlook us .

Maybe, but I feel like their overlooking days may be over

Saltydog
10-02-2022, 09:30 AM
It potentially could have been BUT we lost to a bad LSU team. The 2014 team didn't lose to a bad team.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-02-2022, 09:30 AM
I?d slow down on all that hype yet because our defense still has a major concern and that is mobile qbs. We are gonna find out soon enough if they can stop the likes of KJ Jefferson and others. If Daniels wasn?t able to run, we beat LSU, regardless of the turnovers. I saw those same concerns again when King came in yesterday. If we can?t stop mobile qbs we?re possibly looking at 3-4 more losses.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 09:32 AM
It potentially could have been BUT we lost to a bad LSU team. The 2014 team didn't lose to a bad team.

"Lite"

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2022, 09:46 AM
Brother?. Ole Miss ain?t going to no playoff.

Can ole miss go 10-2? Yes they can

Ole miss can?t put teams away like they should.

That?s gonna cost them in tiger stadium in 3 weeks when they are top 5. A top 25 LSU team coming home to play a top 5 ole miss game will be a sell out in tiger stadium and most likely be a night game.

I can see ole miss going 9-3 very easily tho.

Ole Miss is not good. They are decent. They have yet to play anybody with a pulse. Tulsa would have beaten them if Ole Miss had not taken out their QB. UK is not good and they(UK) had help Ole Miss win it. You are not going to go far with a QB completing just 50% of passes thrown. The back half of thei schedule will see them drop 4 games!

Quaoarsking
10-02-2022, 09:50 AM

The 2014 lost on the road to an Ole Miss team that went 9-4 and finished ranked #17. I could easily see LSU matching that this year.

TrapGame
10-02-2022, 09:50 AM

That bad LSU team came back down 17-0 to beat Auburn in Jordan-Hare.

Catfish
10-02-2022, 09:52 AM
We did some things in the run game we haven't seen before and even threw in some play action fakes once we established the run. We're seeing Leach evolve, as much as some around here won't want to admit it.

Excellent!!!

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2022, 10:17 AM
OM could very easily finish 7-5. They are a fraud. Nothing they did yesterday changed my mind.

BlackSailsDawg
10-02-2022, 10:22 AM
OM could very easily finish 7-5. They are a fraud. Nothing they did yesterday changed my mind.

100% agreed! Without UK helping them, they would have lost. I watched Levis not see wide open guys and miss wide open guys. Example, on the sack for a safety. Levis had 2 guys open in the middle on the previous plays. The closest WR to him was literally waving his hand.

Ole Miss is a fraud and so was and is UK

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2022, 10:55 AM
100% agreed! Without UK helping them, they would have lost. I watched Levis not see wide open guys and miss wide open guys. Example, on the sack for a safety. Levis had 2 guys open in the middle on the previous plays. The closest WR to him was literally waving his hand.

Ole Miss is a fraud and so was and is UK

OM can win the next 2 and still be a fraud. But they aint beating LSU down there. They wont get many first downs

LC Dawg
10-02-2022, 11:08 AM
I hate Ole Miss as much as anyone and I don't think they are a top 10 team but they will probably be ranked there this week. When you look at their schedule they only have one sure loss and one sure win on their schedule. I don't think it happens but they could go 10-1 if shit bounces right and they could go 6-6 if they don't play well. It isn't unrealistic to believe they will only have 2 losses coming into the Egg Bowl. State just needs take care of our business because there is nothing we can do about their fake success.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2022, 11:23 AM

They will struggle with Vandy but win. After that they will lose some games. They are average. Ky and them were over rated. The winner is still going to be over rated. Have you watched any of KY or OLe MIss games. They both play sloppy and make a lot of mistakes. I record all the teams we are going to play and watch their games at night during the week. Those two teams are average. I have not seen anything out of either of them that leads me to believe we are the inferior team.

I am not a coach but I have Played and watch enough to know when a team is good or bad. Those two teams are average with easy ass schedules. Ole Miss this season will be like our 2012 season.

dawgday166
10-02-2022, 12:03 PM
And that's very doable!

LOL ... I like your enthusiasm but it would take lightening in a bottle. We got lucky a few times yesterday. I saw things we better clean up going forward to beat both Arky & KY (at KY). We ain't beating Bama and GA. Even if either was close ref/SEC won't let it happen.

dawgday166
10-02-2022, 12:07 PM

I'd be surprised a that. They have a good defense. They'd have to lose to TAM IMO and Kiffin is better coach than Jimbo. TAM isn't that good.

dawgday166
10-02-2022, 12:19 PM

And the place was rocking too. On top of that AU has a good amount of speed on their team. Certainly didn't look like same AU team I've seen highlights of all year. D look pretty stout yesterday.

Goldendawg
10-02-2022, 01:21 PM
I hate Ole Miss as much as anyone and I don't think they are a top 10 team but they will probably be ranked there this week. When you look at their schedule they only have one sure loss and one sure win on their schedule. I don't think it happens but they could go 10-1 if shit bounces right and they could go 6-6 if they don't play well. It isn't unrealistic to believe they will only have 2 losses coming into the Egg Bowl. State just needs take care of our business because there is nothing we can do about their fake success.

Their cupcake schedule and success thus far is on par with our "We Believe" season with some losses coming later this season. Even my OM friends admit they haven't played anyone with much of a pulse yet.

Goldendawg
10-02-2022, 01:25 PM
I'd be surprised a that. They have a good defense. They'd have to lose to TAM IMO and Kiffin is better coach than Jimbo. TAM isn't that good.

Their D can still not stop the run. Overrated KY & QB fumbles along with their terrible OL gave that game away.

Cowbell
10-02-2022, 01:28 PM
Ole Miss is not good. They are decent. They have yet to play anybody with a pulse. Tulsa would have beaten them if Ole Miss had not taken out their QB. UK is not good and they(UK) had help Ole Miss win it. You are not going to go far with a QB completing just 50% of passes thrown. The back half of thei schedule will see them drop 4 games!

Hahaha now I want some of what you are having.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2022, 01:30 PM

The only way om making the playoffs is on somebody's PlayStation.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 01:35 PM
Hahaha now I want some of what you are having.

I'm with you. FPI has been the most right on us all season, and they've consistently had OM better. Currently...

OM #9
Us #17

Next 2 opponents...
Ark #41
Kentucky #24

lastmajordog
10-02-2022, 04:49 PM
Say what you want, but it will ALWAYS come down to beating that other school.........always

Todd4State
10-03-2022, 12:14 AM
I'm with you. FPI has been the most right on us all season, and they've consistently had OM better. Currently...

OM #9
Us #17

Next 2 opponents...
Ark #41
Kentucky #24

If Ole Miss has a md October slide it will be interesting to see what FPI has to say at that time.

msu15
10-03-2022, 02:43 AM
The 2014 lost on the road to an Ole Miss team that went 9-4 and finished ranked #17. I could easily see LSU matching that this year.

That 2014 Ole Miss team would absolutely skull drag this year's LSU team.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2022, 06:01 AM

A&M can easily beat OM at college station. They arent gonna just lay down and die

basedog
10-03-2022, 07:43 AM
A&M can easily beat OM at college station. They arent gonna just lay down and die

Iffy. Ole Dixie will contain their run game. Plus, as Mr. Wonderful would tell the overrated Aggies, "You are dead to me"!

Quaoarsking
10-03-2022, 10:07 AM
That 2014 Ole Miss team would absolutely skull drag this year's LSU team.

Maybe, maybe not. That 2014 Ole Miss team lost in Baton Rouge to a team that ended 8-5 and unranked, which seems like a good match to this 2022 LSU team at this point.

Saltydog
10-03-2022, 01:50 PM

Thanks for making my point. Auburn is shit and to be down to them 17-0 tells me all I need to know.

Saltydog
10-03-2022, 01:53 PM
"Lite"

"Ultra Lite"

TrapGame
10-03-2022, 03:30 PM
Thanks for making my point. Auburn is shit and to be down to them 17-0 tells me all I need to know.

Sure it does Bud.

Todd4State
10-03-2022, 04:39 PM

Proves my point that winning on the road in the SEC is hard.

EdwardDrayton
10-03-2022, 06:27 PM
Nice pull from the archives 7. I have it framed on my office wall.

I'm optimistic but want to see us repeat the A&M performance against Arky OR KY. Both and I get all giddy like a schoolgirl in love.