Homedawg
10-01-2022, 02:54 PM
Not very good.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-01-2022, 02:56 PM
#CohenEffect

IMissJack
10-01-2022, 03:01 PM
Not sure how he affected the crowd, not that I love him.

Homedawg
10-01-2022, 03:05 PM
Not 50 k here

parabrave
10-01-2022, 03:13 PM
How many TAM tickets sold?

HoopsDawg
10-01-2022, 04:16 PM
Not 50 k here

damn. that's pretty bad. maybe a win will bring the crowd back.

LC Dawg
10-01-2022, 04:35 PM
Crowd that's here seems to be into the game pretty good. Students are awesome. Hope they stick around for the 2nd half. Looks like they will.

Churchill
10-01-2022, 04:40 PM
This isn't just an MSU problem. Lot of stuff affecting college football attendance these days.

Dawgology
10-01-2022, 04:48 PM
The LSU loss took a lot of wind out of the sails. Rightfully or wrongfully it has impacted outlook and attendance for this season. I know a lot of Bulldogs that chose to stay home for the rest of the season after that.

IMissJack
10-01-2022, 05:21 PM
Yes I was disappointed too. But I had two tickets I could not give away today. That is ridiculous.

IMissJack
10-01-2022, 05:25 PM
Yes I was disappointed too. But I had two tickets I could not give away today. That is ridiculous. I think people have just become complacent and bored with our game.

msstate7
10-01-2022, 05:27 PM
Can't blame me today. I made it. Having a great time

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2022, 06:00 PM
7:15 to go. Mass exodus. They missed a nice TD.

msstate7
10-01-2022, 06:04 PM
Big time win

msstate7
10-01-2022, 06:08 PM
Lots of aTm fans here

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2022, 06:28 PM
Lots of aTm fans here

Huh. Naw man. Probably one of the worst showings for an sec team that I can remember. Vandy level.

BlackSailsDawg
10-01-2022, 06:37 PM
All I know is arkansas fans cheered them back into a 28-23 game.

Maybe some people need to understand the word fan??

msstate7
10-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Huh. Naw man. Probably one of the worst showings for a sec team that I can remember. Vandy level.

I was surrounded in 335.

PikeDawg15
10-01-2022, 06:44 PM
I?m going to be there next Saturday and I guarantee that it will be Atleast 60k now.

TrapGame
10-01-2022, 06:47 PM
I?m going to be there next Saturday and I guarantee that it will be Atleast 60k now.

I know a bunch of older State fans that opted to go to the Arkansas game rather than A&M. The crowd next Saturday should be pretty good.

NCMSTFAN
10-01-2022, 06:53 PM
The crowd wasn't too bad from what I saw on t.v. It definetly wasn't a packed stadium but it looked fairly full and loud from what I saw.

SailingDawg
10-01-2022, 06:54 PM
Auburn looks full, can?t see the upper deck, though.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2022, 07:42 PM
This isn't just an MSU problem. Lot of stuff affecting college football attendance these days.

NFL attendance is rising. CFB better figure something out

Homedawg
10-01-2022, 07:48 PM
How many TAM tickets sold?

Next to nothing.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2022, 07:50 PM
CFB attendance been dropping for a decade. Biggest decline in history last year. It's not just an MSU thing

Vandownbytheriver
10-01-2022, 07:59 PM
CFB attendance been dropping for a decade. Biggest decline in history last year. It's not just an MSU thing

They've managed to eliminate a lot of folks by pricing them out. We are one of the few sec teams who have economy priced tickets. I don't mind the upper deck, but my kids and wife are both terrified of heights. To get decent seats for a sec game my family of 4 of looking at $350-400 for tickets. Then paying for parking, food, clothes, souvenirs for the kids and gas, it's between $600-750 for single game tickets from the ticket office. Trying to buy from individuals is worse. It's to the point where you have to start thinking do I want to take a couple of decent family vacations or a couple of football games a year.

PikeDawg15
10-01-2022, 08:02 PM
They've managed to eliminate a lot of folks by pricing them out. We are one of the few sec teams who have economy priced tickets. I don't mind the upper deck, but my kids and wife are both terrified of heights. To get decent seats for a sec game my family of 4 of looking at $350-400 for tickets. Then paying for parking, food, clothes, souvenirs for the kids and gas, it's between $600-750 for single game tickets from the ticket office. Trying to buy from individuals is worse. It's to the point where you have to start thinking do I want to take a couple of decent family vacations or a couple of football games a year.

This^^

That?s why I only go to 1 maybe 2 per year and never a high priced game.

Most years arkansas , Kentucky , A&M, and a lower tier east team at Davis Wade is usually affordable .

I never go to a LSU, auburn , or bama because of the prices.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2022, 08:03 PM

Well, NFL attendance has been rising, so CFB better figure it out or go the way of the Roman Empire.

Personally, you can't have 3 SUPER TEAMS & everyone else not playing for anything

Commercecomet24
10-01-2022, 08:04 PM
Well, NFL attendance has been rising, so CFB better figure it out or go the way of the Roman Empire.

Personally, you can't have 3 SUPER TEAMS & everyone else not playing for anything

100% agree.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2022, 08:05 PM

This

Homedawg
10-01-2022, 08:18 PM
I know a bunch of older State fans that opted to go to the Arkansas game rather than A&M. The crowd next Saturday should be pretty good.

It's at 11. It won't be much better. Today was bad.

Homedawg
10-01-2022, 08:22 PM

Comparing the nfl to college is ridiculous. NFL has 32 teams, all in big cities. Every single week, people who don't give a crap about an nfl team take their family to an nfl game for the one time opportunity to do it. Lots of people from here go to a Dallas game once a year. It's not even remotely close to the same thing. Didn't you get tired enough talking about it on genes page colonel?

Dawg2003
10-01-2022, 08:27 PM
Same here. Even ten years ago, I didn't want to pay what it cost for an SEC game. I would usually go to a non-SEC game. But it's just not worth the money to me anymore. I've lost a lot of interest in college football in general.

BoomBoom
10-01-2022, 08:28 PM
It's at 11. It won't be much better. Today was bad.

Unless we massively upgrade the fan experience (which current leaders have no intention of ever doing), we'll have to choose between TV money and attendance. Can't have both anymore.

CaptainObvious
10-01-2022, 08:33 PM
It is what it is. There are 4 programs that have a chance to win it all. TV has turned those 4 into America?s colleges. Until there is parity and lower prices, it ain?t changing. We need a 52,000 seat stadium with Chairbacks across the board. We should close the East side upper deck because it is too damn high with 3 club levels below it. Stupid! A really piss poor stadium design!

Goldendawg
10-01-2022, 09:03 PM
The upper deck on the East side looked about 40% full. For the 1st time this season we had family and friends in all 8 seats. I predicted a close win at the end of the game. I enjoyed every second and never thought that they would win. My apologies to our LB's and Safeties who I thought would have trouble with their team speed. I will more than gladly eat crow, ( but small one) next time my MSU Senior Son and I go out here in Starkvegas. I will buy him the steak he deserves for always being positive! Hail State!

R2Dawg
10-01-2022, 09:07 PM
Auburn looks full, can?t see the upper deck, though.

Upper deck is like half full. Aub does a better job getting the bottom full for TV. We need to figure that out.

Goldendawg
10-01-2022, 09:19 PM
It is what it is. There are 4 programs that have a chance to win it all. TV has turned those 4 into America?s colleges. Until there is parity and lower prices, it ain?t changing. We need a 52,000 seat stadium with Chairbacks across the board. We should close the East side upper deck because it is too damn high with 3 club levels below it. Stupid! A really piss poor stadium design!

Guys, I was there when there was nothing but a lower deck on each side with small bleachers in the end zones. I was there for a victory over LSU when we rented portable lights to host our first home game at night. I remember when we added second upper deck under Jackie. Except for our recent end zone addition which I think looks great we have pieced together our present stadium with what ever $ we could put together. Time to modernize with chair backs in lower sides. incorporate lower chair backs with the M Club building and have about 55K seats. Hail State!

Dawgology
10-01-2022, 09:51 PM

Been saying for YEARS Bama is bad for college football. No one wants to talk about limiting football scholarships so it will all stay the same.

msu15
10-02-2022, 02:21 AM
People are just weird I guess. I will always be there and had a great time today. I just got back and watched the highlights and the sec network production was awful. That play-by-play guy sucks and the sound was horrible. I don't know how some of you guys that are within any decent driving distance from the stadium tolerate watching the game on tv. It's ass.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-02-2022, 06:49 AM
Unless we massively upgrade the fan experience (which current leaders have no intention of ever doing), we'll have to choose between TV money and attendance. Can't have both anymore.
^^^^This^^^^

Rawdawg
10-02-2022, 06:50 AM
Tickets were $12 on stubhub

msstate7
10-02-2022, 07:29 AM
Tickets were $12 on stubhub

I paid $30 a piece for 1st row in section 335. 1st row upper deck is always my first choice against a good opponent. Against a trash team, I like sitting really close to the field even though you can't see well.