PDA

View Full Version : Heads up! If you dish at home or tailgate

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2022, 08:03 AM
You are NOT getting espn or sec tv today.

https://twitter.com/dish/status/1576102619545755648?s=46&t=P9aRRvbtXS7ZEdp4s7-LSg

Dare2Dv8
10-01-2022, 08:12 AM
Same for SlingTV

StateDawg44
10-01-2022, 08:52 AM
Can anyone confirm if YouTube TV is affected?

Just cancelled sling.

ETA: https://www.streameast.xyz/abab-cfb-streams/

This will get in in the door on a computer or phone to get through the day.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-01-2022, 09:29 AM
Fish and Sling are the only 2 you can?t get ESPN networks on right now

Charlie_Sheen420
10-01-2022, 09:50 AM
All the more reason to cut the cord. I got youtubetv a few months back, best thing I ever did, saving basically $1000 a year, I was with Spectrum. If you have decent internet and have a roku, fire stick, Apple TV, or PS4-PS5/Xbox1-X you?re good to go (i think chrome cast works as well). Also can always watch on a phone or tablet as well. Basic package with all the sports channels runs about $74 a month (tax included). DVR is unlimited and easy. You can add on a movie package hbo (includes hbo max), showtime, and starz for $30 a month extra. I highly recommend it for anyone considering. Can watch on 3 different tvs at once/simultaneously , you can pay $10 extra a month if you need more than that at once or have a large family. I know this sounds like an advertisement, but it?s really that good and think more should jump on board. The only thing I miss from cable is looking for the time on the cable box itself

Charlie_Sheen420
10-01-2022, 09:53 AM
YouTubetv is working fine all the channels still there, I can confirm

Biguglyjoe
10-01-2022, 10:24 AM
That's the very reason I dropped Dish and went with YouTube TV.

RocketDawg
10-01-2022, 10:36 AM
I have a Sony TV, which has YouTube, Prime Video, and a couple other things "built in" on the remote. Went to YouTube, searched for "College Football Live", and lo and behold GameDay showed up. We'll see how long it works, but so far all is well. Didn't have to join or sign in anything. Looks like I can get the OM/Kentucky game but not sure about our game or any of the others that are on SEC/Disney/ESPN family. I suppose the regular broadcast networks games are still OK, but they're usually not SEC-level unless they're showing Alabama.

TrapGame
10-01-2022, 10:44 AM
Fubo

Cut cable for Fubo. I am very pleased. I customized it to get all ESPNs but also FSNs and Big10/PAC12/ACC networks. Again, I'm well pleased. Also the screen on sports telecasts can be viewed in fan mode which gives you game stats.

Westdawg
10-01-2022, 11:08 AM
I literally just up my Sling TV package a few weeks back just so I could watch the Arizona game?..
Why would they have a dang contract RUN OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF FOOTBALL SEASON?!?!?!
That?s horrible foresight on those companies and absolutely brilliant by ESPN. They know at that point there will be such pressure on those companies they will cave?.but ppl like me are just run over

SailingDawg
10-01-2022, 11:12 AM
Sling was cut, too, according to some friends.

Here's a YouTube TV (https://tv.youtube.com/referral/r12cyv4fokl15n) link that will benefit you and me both.

Westdawg
10-01-2022, 11:23 AM
Here?s what I know, in every circumstance where this has happened to me in the past, once I cut them I have NEVER gone back. And I literally have not heard/seen a single word all week about this looming issue until the day it expired.
The cost of tix, cost of seat donations, and cost of travel has made it nearly impossible for my family to be there in person. The ongoing hoops I jump through and extras I have to keep paying for AND/OR changes in service providers has made me all but want to walk away from the video broadcasts.
I?m going to invest in better things today and break up food plots. I?ll find who won tonight on here. And about to cut Sling TV ??..Ridiculous.

Statecoachingblows**
10-01-2022, 11:28 AM
Sling was cut, too, according to some friends.

Here's a YouTube TV (https://tv.youtube.com/referral/r12cyv4fokl15n) link that will benefit you and me both.

Awesome

Statecoachingblows**
10-01-2022, 11:29 AM
I'm done with dish they can't agree on a contract with some channel at least once a year and the price continues to rise.
I've been on hold almost an hour just to cancel.

Catfish
10-01-2022, 11:44 AM
If you like sports, you can't beat YouTube TV.