PDA

View Full Version : Brian Harsin

Maverick91
09-27-2022, 09:47 PM
What keeps his job safe. I feel like he is week to week, so like I almost feel like he has to win out to not get canned.

What you guys think?

ImissCityBagel
09-27-2022, 09:57 PM
I kind of think he's gone, and they are just waiting to get the replacement that they want. God help their next coach.

Homedawg
09-27-2022, 10:08 PM
He will be fired before the season ends. Disaster.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2022, 10:52 PM
He will be fired before the season ends. Disaster.

Dead man walking.

DownwardDawg
09-27-2022, 11:06 PM
I kind of think he's gone, and they are just waiting to get the replacement that they want. God help their next coach.

Freeze will be just fine.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2022, 11:35 PM
He's beyond dead man walking. It's more like necrophilia at this point.

Todd4State
09-28-2022, 12:25 AM
Freeze will be just fine.

I don't know. I think Freeze is a little overrated honestly. He won at Ole Miss with Nkemdiche and massive cheating and as soon as they left he had a losing record. Liberty can load up their schedule with cupcakes and they do- they play New Mexico State every year and at least two FCS teams a year. If he won at Ole Miss levels at Auburn would that really be enough?

If I'm Auburn I wouldn't touch him just because of his past alone.

TUSK
09-28-2022, 12:55 AM
A couple lil birds told me he's already been "fired"... prior to the Mizzou game...

They're just raisin' the money.

That being said, he's 4-1 with a future win over WKU... he needs 8-4 with an Iron bowl win or 9-3...

In short, he's toast.

DownwardDawg
09-28-2022, 05:29 AM
I don't know. I think Freeze is a little overrated honestly. He won at Ole Miss with Nkemdiche and massive cheating and as soon as they left he had a losing record. Liberty can load up their schedule with cupcakes and they do- they play New Mexico State every year and at least two FCS teams a year. If he won at Ole Miss levels at Auburn would that really be enough?

I don't think he's a great coach. I just think he's a great cheater and fits auburn perfectly.

FISHDAWG
09-28-2022, 07:17 AM

I could see Mullenz before Freeze if being objective minded about it .... but Mullen never beat Bama and Freeze did ... but Mullen holds the record over Freeze in head to head ... some abstract math there but I don't think Auburn hires either one ... in their minds they have to make ESPN headlines with this next hire

PGHBulldogBG
09-28-2022, 07:58 AM
Luckily Auburn is going to be focused on making a splash flashy hire and not the actual best fit. The three best options would be Clawson, Aranda or Chadwell. Luckily none of those are big enough to give Auburn the attention they want instantly. Even though those 3 would have the best success long term

TrapGame
09-28-2022, 08:12 AM
After LSU skull drags them 45-7 I'd be surprised if he's not canned Sunday morning.

Freeze will be the next coach at AU. There's some smoke around Coach Prime but it's just smoke. AU has wanted Freeze for a while.

Desoto1967
09-28-2022, 08:59 AM
I had a business class with Freeze back in the day at Northwest. Blows my mind that guy has gotten where he is in life as he was no where near their football program then. Got to be a deal with the devil

Goldendawg
09-28-2022, 09:37 AM
I could see Mullenz before Freeze if being objective minded about it .... but Mullen never beat Bama and Freeze did ... but Mullen holds the record over Freeze in head to head ... some abstract math there but I don't think Auburn hires either one ... in their minds they have to make ESPN headlines with this next hire

Dan's record against Top 25 teams was bad.

TrapGame
09-28-2022, 09:55 AM

Freeze would make headlines. The Redemption of Hugh Freeze will be played up like a 700 Club clip.

Outside of Vandy no other SEC team is going to hire Mullen. Although, Mullen sure likes to hear himself talk on ESPN. He may not coach again.

Lord McBuckethead
09-28-2022, 10:12 AM
I feel like Harsin may get fired in the middle of a game. Auburn feels like they need to make a statement. Sometime this Saturday, during the 3rd quarter, he will be gone.

Santiago
09-28-2022, 10:20 AM
One of Auburn's 247 moderators last night in a thread said Lane Train is interested. For whatever that means, but it seems to match along with Lane making comments about the Ole Miss fan support.
In another thread it was said despite paying a ton to fired coaches, they will not let money be a problem to get the right guy.

Coach34
09-28-2022, 10:25 AM
Auburn is one of the few Big Boys that would hire Lame. I could see it being a possible fit.

Pine Box Part Deaux would be hilarious

TrapGame
09-28-2022, 10:29 AM
Lane at Auburn would be better than Lane at OM.

The suffering and despair would be glorious.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2022, 10:32 AM
Why does everyone assume that Freeze will be allowed to coach in the SEC again?

RezDog7
09-28-2022, 10:35 AM
One of Auburn's 247 moderators last night in a thread said Lane Train is interested. For whatever that means, but it seems to match along with Lane making comments about the Ole Miss fan support.
In another thread it was said despite paying a ton to fired coaches, they will not let money be a problem to get the right guy.

Plus Auburn is closer to Key West...oh wait, that's our coach.

RiverCityDawg
09-28-2022, 10:47 AM
A couple lil birds told me he's already been "fired"... prior to the Mizzou game...

They're just raisin' the money.

That being said, he's 4-1 with a future win over WKU... he needs 8-4 with an Iron bowl win or 9-3...

In short, he's toast.

They're not not winning another game even including WKU.

WKU just beat FIU 73-0. Granted playing FIU is like playing against air, but Auburn's OL can't block air. Harsin wont be the coach by the time they play them.

Desoto1967
09-28-2022, 11:10 AM
https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/status/1575137059370680322?s=20&t=rmQw_-MfW0Czw0aMYaXRXg

Kiffin noticing lack of fans at Ole Miss games

SteelCurtain74
09-28-2022, 11:55 AM
Has Chris Peterson retired from coaching? If I'm Auburn I would have to at least make a phone call to see if I could get him.

msudawglb
09-28-2022, 12:06 PM
https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/status/1575137059370680322?s=20&t=rmQw_-MfW0Czw0aMYaXRXg

If I'm Auburn, there's no way I touch Freeze or even let it get out that I'm interested in Freeze. I think Auburn is going after Kiffin. He's more than proved his worthiness with Mississippi. I'm surprised he's done as good as he did there.

R2Dawg
09-28-2022, 12:12 PM
Kiffin would be more of a splash hire and proven to win at a lesser program in the SEC. Auburn is going to want that kind of hire. Don't see Freeze or Mullen or another up and coming G5 type guy.

Coach34
09-28-2022, 12:12 PM

Sankey wouldnt even let Bama hire him an an analyst and Auburn supposedly kicked the tires on Freeze before hiring Harsin. So not sure Sankey has given the green light yet.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2022, 12:15 PM

Joey Freshwater is shocked that the party is more important than the game????

msudawglb
09-28-2022, 12:20 PM
Joey Freshwater is shocked that the party is more important than the game????

He's not shocked. His statement is just part of the game. The game that coaches play when they are going to leave soon.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2022, 12:22 PM
He's not shocked. His statement is just part of the game. The game that coaches play when they are going to leave soon.

Guess I needed saracstricks***

TrapGame
09-28-2022, 12:49 PM
Kiffin would be more of a splash hire and proven to win at a lesser program in the SEC. Auburn is going to want that kind of hire. Don't see Freeze or Mullen or another up and coming G5 type guy.

If AU has Kiffin on the hook they aren't going to fight to hire Freeze. Better hire all the way round. I wonder if Kiffin's agent reached out to them first.

Cowbell
09-28-2022, 10:29 PM
Auburn is one of the few Big Boys that would hire Lame. I could see it being a possible fit.

Pine Box Part Deaux would be hilarious

Two weeks ago you said lane wasn't going anywhere for a while

PGHBulldogBG
09-29-2022, 05:54 AM
I have no idea if AU would be interested in Kiffiin, but I have no doubt they would pursue Freeze first and do whatever they can to try and get him. If Freeze doesn’t work, I’m not sure where they turn. I just know it would have to be a more splash name and Kiffin would meet that criteria. I’m sure they will try with Meyer but if Texas couldn’t land Meyer I don’t see AU having any chance at getting him.

Coach34
09-29-2022, 09:20 AM
Two weeks ago you said lane wasn't going anywhere for a while

I dont think he is because I dont think any blue bloods are going to hire him anytime soon. However, Auburn is one that might. There is no telling what they might do.

Jarius
09-29-2022, 09:31 AM

Because cheating is legal now.

Goldendawg
09-30-2022, 11:35 AM
Because cheating is legal now.

Don't think using hookers as a recruiting tool is legal, yet.

TrapGame
09-30-2022, 11:39 AM
Don't think using hookers as a recruiting tool is legal, yet.

NIL deal with the Mustang Ranch?!****

PGHBulldogBG
09-30-2022, 12:52 PM
If Hugh wasn’t so greedy and Ole Miss fans weren’t so desperate, he probably could’ve really built that program at a more steady rate and sprinkled in a few higher star players for the first 3-5 years. If he was getting recruiting classes around 20 or so and winning 8 or 9 games for awhile it wouldn’t have been so obvious. Once he got them at more a 9-3 or 10-2 level then he could’ve gone for the 5 stars and people wouldn’t have questioned his tactics as much. Going from 2-10 to having a top recruiting class is obviously going to cause big red flags.

TUSK
09-30-2022, 01:01 PM
Dead. Nuts. Accurate.

parabrave
09-30-2022, 01:20 PM

Good one. However at Aubbie it would be road trips to Phoenix City or the Aztec on Victory Drive*. Anyone who served at Ft Benning will get that one.

Goldendawg
09-30-2022, 02:57 PM

We have the Pony right outside Starkville and our recruiting is currently ranked #42. Something is wrong. Dog Brewer would have had a #1 ranked class and wouldn't have had to drive recruits to Memphis! ********

PikeDawg15
09-30-2022, 04:18 PM

Because if Greg Sankey legally cannot make auburn not hire Freeze, Theres no other program in the country that will flip off everyone and hire a Coach Like Freeze like Auburn

NY6 and beating bama sounds really good to them rn

PikeDawg15
09-30-2022, 04:20 PM
But the more I think about it , Kiffin to Auburn makes too much sense to not happen

PikeDawg15
09-30-2022, 04:22 PM
If AU has Kiffin on the hook they aren't going to fight to hire Freeze. Better hire all the way round. I wonder if Kiffin's agent reached out to them first.

Jimmy Sexton Contacted Auburn's athletic director the same day that Gus Malzahn was fired in December 2020 and told the AD Lane would take that job right at that moment

BlackSailsDawg
09-30-2022, 06:37 PM
What keeps his job safe. I feel like he is week to week, so like I almost feel like he has to win out to not get canned.

What you guys think?

Auburn is a program that is in total shambles. The boosters have absolutely wrecked that program. Harsin was a lame duck HC going into the season with what they did to him before the season ever started. Only an idiot would be willing to take that job.

TrapGame
09-30-2022, 07:05 PM
Jimmy Sexton Contacted Auburn's athletic director the same day that Gus Malzahn was fired in December 2020 and told the AD Lane would take that job right at that moment

And that AD is being replaced.

PikeDawg15
09-30-2022, 11:57 PM
Auburn is a program that is in total shambles. The boosters have absolutely wrecked that program. Harsin was a lame duck HC going into the season with what they did to him before the season ever started. Only an idiot would be willing to take that job.

An idiot that wants a 5 year 40 million dollar deal.

That?s gonna be a handful of good coaches that consider it.

StarkVegasSteve
10-01-2022, 05:00 AM

The real question there is why would an agent like Sexton, who is THE mover and shaker in CFB call the AD at Auburn. Anyone with half a brain knows the AD has no power there. The power at Auburn resides with two guys, Jimmy Rane and Bobby Lowder.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2022, 07:57 AM
I think Auburn is going to waive enough money to bring Bob Stoops out of retirement. He has had his break. He's ready. Probably not but it is fun to think about.